The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I executed! Am I growing too fast now?

Joel Parkes

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Nov 23, 2017
London
Hey all,

Forgive me if I haven't followed the right etiquette, I'm relatively new to the forum. However, I'll get to the point.

I started my business 2 years ago whilst working a full time job and read as much as I could about building a scalable business (including MFL and Unscripted ). I learned as much as I could from other people's mistakes. This appears to have proven successful as aside from my own £10K loan to the business which has been paid back. The business done its first £1M after year 2. (end of 2017) Profitable and scaling quickly. So I quit my job last month woohoo! (I had an FTE).

Since I was quite senior in my sales job, (selling digital tech to markerters) my CEO asked why I am leaving whilst we bumped into each at the bar. I gave him the quick 5 min run through and to my astonishment, he was impressed, excited and said... " He wants to invest!". This is where I need your help guys.

1. The business feeds itself. Granted if I want to scale quicker or create magnitude I would require investment
2. He is a visionary and is worth about a billion and therefore has an exceptional network.

Since I am flying to NY to meet him in 2 weeks to discuss further, what books can I read or where can I study up to make sure I am skilled in having this conversation. I know my business and the financials well, but this will be my first 'investment' conversation ever!

Sorry for long winded note. But wanted to give the right context. Happy to offer more.

Joel

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.