The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I called the potential fastlane mentors phone number, now Im confused as shit...

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
Are there any charecteristics that seperate a caller with potential and someone who just would not be ready for the fastlane?

If you're asking ME? Personally?

I'm just ridiculously busy these days. If you call I won't pick up. My phone is literally on silent 24/7. Unless I'm looking at my phone, I don't even know you're calling. If you text, I'll answer when I can. If you don't have a point or meander or ramble I'll ignore it.

But if you have an open an honest question or you're asking for resources or books or ideas or things you can do -- I respond almost 100% of the time.

If you happen to be extraordinary in your field, I LOVE to connect people with others who can launch them to the next level. I'm a referral machine!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Fasted

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
175%
Dec 18, 2021
UK
We had a surprise seminar in out school with a person, who I could only presume had become a part of the fastlane. He was talking about making his own multi-million business, meditating in the mountain of Nepal, the whole nine yards. From the start I knew that I should do everything in my power to get a contact from this guy...

This was a while ago, maybe October 2022, but the most surprising thing of all of it, was the fact that "if we were interested"in what he was saying, he just gave out his phone number...

And for all of these months I've been thinking of contacting him, but I just can't figure out, how it should go down. Do I call? Do I send a message? Do I ask him for his e-mail first? What's the contents of the message? Do I already have to come to him with a business idea for him to consider mentoring me? How does this whole thing happen? Over the span of hours, days, months, years? What do I express the most enthusiasm for - his speech, relatability, goals? How do I make this potential mentor in to a real, life-altering mentor? And all in all, what exactly would I recieve, if I were to be "mentored"?
going by that last paragraph you may as well just send him a dick pic

JordanK

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Feb 17, 2014
Ireland
Just send the text. If it doesn't work out you can update the thread here and there are already about 10 business people who'll have a phone call with you.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
If you're asking ME? Personally?

I'm just ridiculously busy these days. If you call I won't pick up. My phone is literally on silent 24/7. Unless I'm looking at my phone, I don't even know you're calling. If you text, I'll answer when I can. If you don't have a point or meander or ramble I'll ignore it.

But if you have an open an honest question or you're asking for resources or books or ideas or things you can do -- I respond almost 100% of the time.

If you happen to be extraordinary in your field, I LOVE to connect people with others who can launch them to the next level. I'm a referral machine!
My phone is on silent too. I wish there was a way (or I could figure out) how to only allow calls and messages from family to break the silence.

I don't give my phone number out. It's not on any websites. But I answer all questions I get via Facebook messenger, LinkedIn PM, or any platform I might post to. (Except where people ask "Can I ask a question?" and their bio says they're a High Ticket Closer.)

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
689%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
My advice is a bit different... don't call him.

Instead focus on just being around these types of people normally. If you have your life set up where this random guy is "your one shot" then you are going to be overthinking everything and it is a ton of pressure on this random person.

Look at the underlining issue here... why don't you already know 20+ people like this?

There are people on this forum who live like this guy every day of the week. Are you in their threads and getting to know them better? Are you just going to move on from this forum in another week to some other place?

How about in real life - are you showing in in places and social circles where there are likely to be this type of person?
If no... why not?

Having a high value network isn't a lottery ticket. It is a mindset and approach that you live everyday.

- Start building something of value
- Start getting around a LOT of people who are high value (online and ofline)
- Put the focus on building a life where this is normal, not "one chance" stuff

And ya, call this guy if you want. But you have bigger things to work on here.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
My phone is on silent too. I wish there was a way (or I could figure out) how to only allow calls and messages from family to break the silence.

I don't give my phone number out. It's not on any websites. But I answer all questions I get via Facebook messenger, LinkedIn PM, or any platform I might post to. (Except where people ask "Can I ask a question?" and their bio says they're a High Ticket Closer.)

Android will allow starred contacts to break through Do Not disturb mode...

Coolledge

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
May 21, 2023
Gran Canaria

Android will allow starred contacts to break through Do Not disturb mode...
yeah with iphone too - use do not disturb and add a "whitelist" of people:

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
My advice is a bit different... don't call him.
I like the version @Fox is saying here. It's the same thing I am saying with 'call him'.
This isn't that big a deal and if you can get that through to yourself, you'll go meet 100 people like dude.
Hell, you'll become like dude.

Call him or don't. Quit stressing over it and get to work. DO something today. Don't care what it is.
Take action.

G

GuestUser4aMPs1

@Mike Partee i hand out my card EVERY time i speak to students. i chastise them to have already connected with me on linkedin before i can walk back to the front of the room. a small % actually call. the ones that do, we do podcasts / find them jobs / change their lives. it is what i do. no red flags. i'll give anyone 5 minutes. 404-216-0140
you should do the same.
Olivia at the front desk was very nice! :)

@Arma WTF are you waiting for?

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Continuation: I called him just now and wanted to know more about the type of meditation he does - which was zen- because I am also interested in meditation... Where all this took a left turn, was when suddenly the disccusion was no longer about business, but about how to become enlightened with zen meditation. He started sending me contacts with teachers od mediationa and indroduced me to a zen mediation school which he is also a teacher in, saying how worthy it is - and i don't really doubt that practicing meditation does come with its own fare share of positives in the business sphere, I just don't really get the idea, that this dude is realy psyhced to tell me how to build and sustain a banger business, what do you think?

You called him and asked about the type of meditation he does?

Not the way I would have gone, but okay...

And he sent you a bunch of resources on meditation. And he has a school of meditation, where you might want to be a student since you're interested in meditation...

Why would he be psyched to help you build a business if you're interested in talking about meditation?

Of course if you're not actually interested in meditation, then you kind of messed up right from the get-go...

Do you have any idea what kind of business you want to run, or do you want this guy to give you an idea and tell you how to run it?

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
So you asked him about meditation and he told you about meditation. What were you expecting? Call him again, have a couple of questions ready for him (related to what you wanna ask him) and tell us how it goes.

Have you tried looking the guy up on the internet? LinkedIn?

Arma

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
May 22, 2023
You called him and asked about the type of meditation he does?

Not the way I would have gone, but okay...

And he sent you a bunch of resources on meditation. And he has a school of meditation, where you might want to be a student since you're interested in meditation...

Why would he be psyched to help you build a business if you're interested in talking about meditation?

Of course if you're not actually interested in meditation, then you kind of messed up right from the get-go...

Do you have any idea what kind of business you want to run, or do you want this guy to give you an idea and tell you how to run it?
Yeah, I don't know how we went down the meditation path. I told him, that I couldn't stop thinking about self-improvment and building a business after his talk, invited him to meet me and also mentioned the fact that he talked about meditation (which I kind of did to show him that I payed attention during his talk and also becuase I didn't want it to seem like I only called him to get advice for business as well as the fact that I do want to learn so type of meditation myself)

And then we went down this path of just talking about the different kinds and the layers of meditations and it was quite interesting, but also seemed to stray quite a bit from the inital reason of my call - he started giving me numbers for teachers and telling me what they do and the seminars they hold and the fact that you can call them and set up a meet for 5$ - I didn't know we would go so far down this rabbit hole, but he knew a lot about meditation and seemed to want to share it so I let him tell me more (cause Idk, but saying - ALRIGHT, I DONT CARE ABOUT MEDITATION THAT MUCH, IM HERE FOR THE BUSINESS ADVICE - wouldve been rude imo)

But in the end I explained the fact, that Im more interested in the business side of things - I asked him some questions about how he started his and the basis for having a business although useful info, I had already seen it in TMF , then he said he's driving to the countryside - sent me a pic of beautiful scenery and stopped replying to my messages (which had, by that point transformed into voice messages) - he did say that he could help if I had a certain question about business, but I dont know if he agreed to the aforemontiend meet that I wanted to do - said that he'd given info for me to think about for a few months - I don't know what that means, but I guess I gotta make a business to get to the next level with him.

And for this:
"Do you have any idea what kind of business you want to run, or do you want this guy to give you an idea and tell you how to run it?"

I guess the latter would be perfect, even though I know that sounds like he just does everything for me - but I don't really have a clue of what kind of business I should be making - any advice on where to start?

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
any advice on where to start?
My honest advice is...

Answer this question for yourself.

You want to be a business owner, start taking ownership of your life.

Stop looking for other people to tell you what to do.

If you want someone to tell you what to do in order to make money, go ask that guy for a job. Or get a job in a field that you might someday want to start a business in.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
My honest advice is...

Answer this question for yourself.

You want to be a business owner, start taking ownership of your life.

Stop looking for other people to tell you what to do.

If you want someone to tell you what to do in order to make money, go ask that guy for a job. Or get a job in a field that you might someday want to start a business in.
V0x9gCk.gif

Len_1590

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 13, 2023
Thanks for the post @Arma!
There are some really good responses from people who are succeeding here and I've been learning a lot from reading them.
Good going on actually doing something as well!

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
These threads help a lot of people. They can be incredibly frustrating for those trying to provide help.
Just remember that someone will be reading this in 6 years and post and say 'thank you'!
If you are reading this thread and need help, post / dm / tag me.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
We had a surprise seminar in out school with a person, who I could only presume had become a part of the fastlane. He was talking about making his own multi-million business, meditating in the mountain of Nepal, the whole nine yards. From the start I knew that I should do everything in my power to get a contact from this guy...

This was a while ago, maybe October 2022, but the most surprising thing of all of it, was the fact that "if we were interested"in what he was saying, he just gave out his phone number...

And for all of these months I've been thinking of contacting him, but I just can't figure out, how it should go down. Do I call? Do I send a message? Do I ask him for his e-mail first? What's the contents of the message? Do I already have to come to him with a business idea for him to consider mentoring me? How does this whole thing happen? Over the span of hours, days, months, years? What do I express the most enthusiasm for - his speech, relatability, goals? How do I make this potential mentor in to a real, life-altering mentor? And all in all, what exactly would I recieve, if I were to be "mentored"?

Continuation: I called him just now and wanted to know more about the type of meditation he does - which was zen- because I am also interested in meditation... Where all this took a left turn, was when suddenly the disccusion was no longer about business, but about how to become enlightened with zen meditation. He started sending me contacts with teachers od mediationa and indroduced me to a zen mediation school which he is also a teacher in, saying how worthy it is - and i don't really doubt that practicing meditation does come with its own fare share of positives in the business sphere, I just don't really get the idea, that this dude is realy psyhced to tell me how to build and sustain a banger business, what do you think?
I didn t read all the answers, but I got, what he did : he helped you with the problem you told him.
So maybe you didn t ask him the right questions?

IMO You don t need in first place help him with his problems. He offered to help a beginner ( you) and he did it.
Call him and tell him, you are fascinated about his help, but that you really want to get an entrepreneur at first place3 and only meditate on second!

Arma

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
May 22, 2023
Thanks for the post @Arma!
There are some really good responses from people who are succeeding here and I've been learning a lot from reading them.
Good going on actually doing something as well!
Thanks man! Hope you're also getting things done.

Arma

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
May 22, 2023
These threads help a lot of people. They can be incredibly frustrating for those trying to provide help.
Just remember that someone will be reading this in 6 years and post and say 'thank you'!
If you are reading this thread and need help, post / dm / tag me.
I guess, I'm sorry for causing you guys a headache, just really confused on what to do now...

Arma

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
May 22, 2023
I didn t read all the answers, but I got, what he did : he helped you with the problem you told him.
So maybe you didn t ask him the right questions?

IMO You don t need in first place help him with his problems. He offered to help a beginner ( you) and he did it.
Call him and tell him, you are fascinated about his help, but that you really want to get an entrepreneur at first place3 and only meditate on second!
That would I want to start, and he said that "if I have nay specific questions about business then I can ask him", but seeing as though I am still struggling with the idea brainstorming of my business, I can only come to him empty handed, asking for him to make the business for me :[

eifesu

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 21, 2021
That would I want to start, and he said that "if I have nay specific questions about business then I can ask him", but seeing as though I am still struggling with the idea brainstorming of my business, I can only come to him empty handed, asking for him to make the business for me :[
There is a brilliant thread somewhere here about idea generation to execution that you can use. I pretty much use it all the time now because by starting from problem and ending up with a product, it kind of forced me to think about value I am bringing onto the table.

Please, as @Andy Black also posted somewhere in that forum, another thing to keep in mind is to try to start and get feedback as soon as possible from whoever you will be helping and gain momentum. because you probably "already know enough". Things will eventually fall into place if you steer your wheel along with the feedback.

You got this.

Arma

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
May 22, 2023
There is a brilliant thread somewhere here about idea generation to execution that you can use. I pretty much use it all the time now because by starting from problem and ending up with a product, it kind of forced me to think about value I am bringing onto the table.

Please, as @Andy Black also posted somewhere in that forum, another thing to keep in mind is to try to start and get feedback as soon as possible from whoever you will be helping and gain momentum.

You got this.
My MAN! You are my lifesaver in the middle of a stormy ocean! The waves have been crashing down, but you just keep pulling me above the water.

Thank you for the kind words and advice.

WE got this!!!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.