The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I’ve decided to jump off a cliff into the Abyss.

Anything related to matters of the mind

Ash23

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Mar 25, 2019
As a person who plans everything down to last detail, (this is my current job for my clients) I have sat on the sidelines dreaming because I did not know how to execute any of my dreams. I have been trying to create a detailed plan on how to go forward. I have always felt like I needed more research instead of just going ahead and implementing a project. I’ve been confusing busywork with execution waiting for my next move. It’s like writing a To-Do List and then not checking anything off - but feeling like you got something done because it’s on paper now (guilty)

I have several business ideas and am currently re-examining them to see what will best fit my Unscripted Life. Kinetic Execution is my now my new best friend. This past week I actually took some very progressive steps and am very pleased by actual results verses just feeling like some day I will get it going. I realized what an epic fail it’s been waiting for the right time. And now with the Unscripted mindset I feel very empowered.

Anyone else recognize this and have to overcome your busy-ness?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

NMdad

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Aug 6, 2017
New Mexico
Welcome to the tribe!

Ah, yes, busywork--we call that "action faking" here. Basically, doing tasks that make you feel like you're taking action, but which don't move you forward. E.g., making business cards instead of talking to prospective customers.

How are you evaluating your business ideas?

Ash23

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Mar 25, 2019
Welcome to the tribe!

Ah, yes, busywork--we call that "action faking" here. Basically, doing tasks that make you feel like you're taking action, but which don't move you forward. E.g., making business cards instead of talking to prospective customers.

So I have 3 ideas. 2 are products that I would need to actually create and then sell. Both are things that serve to fill a need in different niches of sports activities. The 3rd one is a service that would fill a need in my travel business. I actually have a file on the 2 products that I have kept. I pulled those out and started researching to see if someone else has already invented them and then wrote out a list of questions to ask other participants of the sport to see if there might still be a need.

My service need I actually have been thinking about ever since I read the book. I think this idea my be the best one to start with. I belong to a Professional Idea exchange group and was able to ask other Advisors how they solve this problem. No one can -except by using several different programs in a very outdated way including pen & paper. Also I see a way to create a retail side for the general public. I have applied CENTS and in its working form - fits the criteria. So I have contacted several trusted people that can help me get this idea off to a start. I will develop it first for my personal use and see how it expands towards the CENTS "mold". In one week I developed a framework, wrote a survey for my coworkers and contacted the people smarter than me to help me develop it. All baby steps - but I try to execute a minimum of at least 2 procedures or processes daily that moves it forward. So we will see!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Ash23

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Mar 25, 2019
Welcome Ash! Sounds like you have a plan.

Just remember, often our 3rd, 4th, or 5th idea is the one that we hit! Very rarely it is the first.

Interesting poll here...
NOTABLE! - How many Business Failures did you have before success?

Welcome to the tribe!

So I have 3 ideas. 2 are products that I would need to actually create and then sell. Both are things that serve to fill a need in different niches of sports activities. The 3rd one is a service that would fill a need in my travel business. I actually have a file on the 2 products that I have kept. I pulled those out and started researching to see if someone else has already invented them and then wrote out a list of questions to ask other participants of the sport to see if there might still be a need.

My service need I actually have been thinking about ever since I read the book. I think this idea my be the best one to start with. I belong to a Professional Idea exchange group and was able to ask other Advisors how they solve this problem. No one can -except by using several different programs in a very outdated way including pen & paper. Also I see a way to create a retail side for the general public. I have applied CENTS and in its working form - fits the criteria. So I have contacted several trusted people that can help me get this idea off to a start. I will develop it first for my personal use and see how it expands towards the CENTS "mold". In one week I developed a framework, wrote a survey for my coworkers and contacted the people smarter than me to help me develop it. All baby steps - but I try to execute a minimum of at least 2 procedures or processes daily that moves it forward. So we will see!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.