The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello fastlaners - I've decided to choose another addiction

TalmacelMarian

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Oct 31, 2020
Hello Everybody,

I am Marian and I am romanian, but living in the Uk.

As I was growing up I was a dreamer, reading more books than probably anyone in my school. Mostly novels though. But I was always a curious guy, always wanted to learn more about all kinds of stuff.

Fast forwarding from my childhood in university I started being interested in online marketing and all kinds of ways to make more money and live a better life. I come from a family of 8 kids so we didn't have that much, we didn't have everything we wanted, but our parents were amazing and raised as in the best way that they could for which I am thankful.

However I never wanted to have to work myself for a whole life for someone else for minimum money.

So coming back to my university years, I started looking first into how I can make money online, I poured over the internet trying to decipher what could be legitimate methods and which were the scams and they ones who would take to much time. I started being an active member on an online forum called The Warrior Forum where I continued looking for ways to make money.

I made my first money online by selling my design skills on fiverr.com when it was just getting started. After that I was advised to make a thread on that forum. They were called Warrior Room Offers or something like that and they were costing $20 everytime you wanted to bump them to the top. I started becoming an outsourcer for people that were selling mobile websites when mobile websites were just starting to become more popular. Soon my offer became the most popular on that forum due to the amazing value I was offering, my communication with the clients and the fact that even with my limited knowdlege (only knew basic html and css at the time and working with a WYSYWG editor called Dreamweaver) I was delivering the best looking mobile websites from everyone on that forum. So people that were selling this mobile websites to business for 500+ dollars were outsourcing them to me for only $87. However for me at the time, that was good money from the internet.

With more work and focus at that time, which was easy for me because I was in love and the fact that I was in love gave me a drive to work more for the future. Collaborations soon started to happen, I was emailing with a lot of clients and started to do other design work for them, I was getting all kinds off offers to design templates that are going to be used by people that suscribe to some monthly membership websites about mobile websites and a lot of other things like that.

Things were started to look good for me, I was able to do a full time income working online and making my own schedule. At least a full time income for Romania where the economy is not so good.

Then something happened. And I know it might sound silly... Me and the girl I was in love with broke up. Soon I started going into depression and stopped paying attention to my online business which quickly started to get worse and worse because of my lack of attention. Soon that was not working anymore.

I've decided to forget about online business for a while and get a real job. And maybe thats the worst mistake I have ever done in my life. Thinking back now with the momentum I had I would have probably earned over $15000 monthly by now if not more.

Back to the story...

I decided to get 'a real job' and moved to UK where a sister and a brother of mine were living.

I've moved in with my brother and got a job in the vegetable factory where my brother was working. There were 3 months of trial after which I would have probably been let go, but there was a position for a Quality Auditor there for which I applied and somehow got it. Now that may seem like a good job, but it was not, the hours were super long, the conditions I don't want to talk about them and the pay was not great.

I spent 2 years in that job after which silly me...I decided I will take a job at McDonalds instead cause supposedly you get more time for yourself working there and because of that I could actually have the time to try my hand again at an online business. Silly, silly me.

I spent the next 2 years working in 2 McDonalds locations and not advancing my life one bit. By the time I quit my McDonalds job I was already 30.

Of course some kind of depression was taking over my life. I was doomed to live an average life for the rest of my days if I am 30 and thats where my life is.

I moved to another job in a warehouse as a picker working for Boots. After a while there, I was noticed again like I was in all my previous jobs, people could see I'm not made to be just an average worker, that I wanted more. So I started training new people there 4 out of 5 days a week. That made the job better but the pay was still average, I still had to wake up at 4am in the morning and bike 5 miles there in the rain when it was raining and thinking about the fact that other people are in the comfort of their covers and at 5am in the morning I am biking through rain to go work some average job.

Now, I have to make a point, that during this years I have also become obssesed with online chess, it became an addiction where I was not getting enough sleep because I was playing chess almost all my free time.

Now I always had a problem with getting addicted to things and maybe losing interest after. I've been addicted to magic/magic tricks, then came chess and there were a few other one.

Needless to say at this point I despised myself and how low I have let myself go.

It was time to make a change...

Now I have a brother younger than me that is a programmer and I was inspired by seeing his life and how much he can afford to travel and also treat other people and so on.

So I started studying programming about one year or so ago. I've also started reading motivational books and taking action.

I've read the book Can't Hurt Me: Master your minds and defy the odds early in this journey and one habit that I formed from that book called: The accountability mirror, was pretty instrumental in keeping me on track.

A few months later after I started learning coding in my spare time, my brother has talked to his boss who was very impressed by him and showed him some of my work and said if I could get an internship since the company he was working with was looking for an intern.

I started as an intern and did extremely well and was offered a full time position there as a Software Developer working with React and such.

Since then I have also started an youtube channel where I upload coding videos and The Accountability mirror habit is still going strong guiding me and keeping me on my path.

While also puttin effort in becoming a better coder, for me this is not the end goal. The end goal is to create multiple streams of income and become a millionaire by age 40. I'm 32 now so 8 years to become a millionaire I think its quite an achievable goal.

I have started creating more habits like exercising every day, meditating, reviewing the day in the evening to figure out small adjuments that I shoould be thinking about, keeping track of my income and spending habits, reading in the morning and so on.

So yes, I am planing to make a new addiction, but this time one thats going to change my life for the better. An addiction for success.

I'm just about to finish the book Rules of Wealth by Richard Templar and the next books on my list are Atomic Habits and The Millionaire Fastlane which I am sure will give me plenty to think about so I can't wait to get to it.

I hope to meet a lot of other motivated people here that are not pleased with and average life and want to shoot for the stars.

Please feel free to ask me any questions and I will see you around.

Regards, Marian

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• Quotefancy-21198-3840x2160.jpg
    Quotefancy-21198-3840x2160.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 4

Kasimir

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 4, 2020
Switzerland
Hello Everybody,

I am Marian and I am romanian, but living in the Uk.

As I was growing up I was a dreamer, reading more books than probably anyone in my school. Mostly novels though. But I was always a curious guy, always wanted to learn more about all kinds of stuff.

Fast forwarding from my childhood in university I started being interested in online marketing and all kinds of ways to make more money and live a better life. I come from a family of 8 kids so we didn't have that much, we didn't have everything we wanted, but our parents were amazing and raised as in the best way that they could for which I am thankful.

However I never wanted to have to work myself for a whole life for someone else for minimum money.

So coming back to my university years, I started looking first into how I can make money online, I poured over the internet trying to decipher what could be legitimate methods and which were the scams and they ones who would take to much time. I started being an active member on an online forum called The Warrior Forum where I continued looking for ways to make money.

I made my first money online by selling my design skills on fiverr.com when it was just getting started. After that I was advised to make a thread on that forum. They were called Warrior Room Offers or something like that and they were costing $20 everytime you wanted to bump them to the top. I started becoming an outsourcer for people that were selling mobile websites when mobile websites were just starting to become more popular. Soon my offer became the most popular on that forum due to the amazing value I was offering, my communication with the clients and the fact that even with my limited knowdlege (only knew basic html and css at the time and working with a WYSYWG editor called Dreamweaver) I was delivering the best looking mobile websites from everyone on that forum. So people that were selling this mobile websites to business for 500+ dollars were outsourcing them to me for only $87. However for me at the time, that was good money from the internet.

With more work and focus at that time, which was easy for me because I was in love and the fact that I was in love gave me a drive to work more for the future. Collaborations soon started to happen, I was emailing with a lot of clients and started to do other design work for them, I was getting all kinds off offers to design templates that are going to be used by people that suscribe to some monthly membership websites about mobile websites and a lot of other things like that.

Things were started to look good for me, I was able to do a full time income working online and making my own schedule. At least a full time income for Romania where the economy is not so good.

Then something happened. And I know it might sound silly... Me and the girl I was in love with broke up. Soon I started going into depression and stopped paying attention to my online business which quickly started to get worse and worse because of my lack of attention. Soon that was not working anymore.

I've decided to forget about online business for a while and get a real job. And maybe thats the worst mistake I have ever done in my life. Thinking back now with the momentum I had I would have probably earned over $15000 monthly by now if not more.

Back to the story...

I decided to get 'a real job' and moved to UK where a sister and a brother of mine were living.

I've moved in with my brother and got a job in the vegetable factory where my brother was working. There were 3 months of trial after which I would have probably been let go, but there was a position for a Quality Auditor there for which I applied and somehow got it. Now that may seem like a good job, but it was not, the hours were super long, the conditions I don't want to talk about them and the pay was not great.

I spent 2 years in that job after which silly me...I decided I will take a job at McDonalds instead cause supposedly you get more time for yourself working there and because of that I could actually have the time to try my hand again at an online business. Silly, silly me.

I spent the next 2 years working in 2 McDonalds locations and not advancing my life one bit. By the time I quit my McDonalds job I was already 30.

Of course some kind of depression was taking over my life. I was doomed to live an average life for the rest of my days if I am 30 and thats where my life is.

I moved to another job in a warehouse as a picker working for Boots. After a while there, I was noticed again like I was in all my previous jobs, people could see I'm not made to be just an average worker, that I wanted more. So I started training new people there 4 out of 5 days a week. That made the job better but the pay was still average, I still had to wake up at 4am in the morning and bike 5 miles there in the rain when it was raining and thinking about the fact that other people are in the comfort of their covers and at 5am in the morning I am biking through rain to go work some average job.

Now, I have to make a point, that during this years I have also become obssesed with online chess, it became an addiction where I was not getting enough sleep because I was playing chess almost all my free time.

Now I always had a problem with getting addicted to things and maybe losing interest after. I've been addicted to magic/magic tricks, then came chess and there were a few other one.

Needless to say at this point I despised myself and how low I have let myself go.

It was time to make a change...

Now I have a brother younger than me that is a programmer and I was inspired by seeing his life and how much he can afford to travel and also treat other people and so on.

So I started studying programming about one year or so ago. I've also started reading motivational books and taking action.

I've read the book Can't Hurt Me: Master your minds and defy the odds early in this journey and one habit that I formed from that book called: The accountability mirror, was pretty instrumental in keeping me on track.

A few months later after I started learning coding in my spare time, my brother has talked to his boss who was very impressed by him and showed him some of my work and said if I could get an internship since the company he was working with was looking for an intern.

I started as an intern and did extremely well and was offered a full time position there as a Software Developer working with React and such.

Since then I have also started an youtube channel where I upload coding videos and The Accountability mirror habit is still going strong guiding me and keeping me on my path.

While also puttin effort in becoming a better coder, for me this is not the end goal. The end goal is to create multiple streams of income and become a millionaire by age 40. I'm 32 now so 8 years to become a millionaire I think its quite an achievable goal.

I have started creating more habits like exercising every day, meditating, reviewing the day in the evening to figure out small adjuments that I shoould be thinking about, keeping track of my income and spending habits, reading in the morning and so on.

So yes, I am planing to make a new addiction, but this time one thats going to change my life for the better. An addiction for success.

I'm just about to finish the book Rules of Wealth by Richard Templar and the next books on my list are Atomic Habits and The Millionaire Fastlane which I am sure will give me plenty to think about so I can't wait to get to it.

I hope to meet a lot of other motivated people here that are not pleased with and average life and want to shoot for the stars.

Please feel free to ask me any questions and I will see you around.

Regards, Marian
Hi Marian,

Great story. I'm a big believer that one stream of income is a big problem. And you should have as many as possible. Did you ever think about starting a side hustle? While working your 9 to 5 job you could easily earn the same from a business on the side. You just have to put in some work.

About the addiction I really get you. I have/had some similar problems. If I'm hooked on a project/business it's great because it's fun. But that habit of having an addiction can also be bad as you said playing chess all night. Which still isn't as bad as drug addiction. But still not the best. It's important that you are aware of your time spending, it's like money you need to learn how to spend it well.

Wish you all the best if you need any help just let us know.

TalmacelMarian

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Oct 31, 2020
Hi Marian,

Great story. I'm a big believer that one stream of income is a big problem. And you should have as many as possible. Did you ever think about starting a side hustle? While working your 9 to 5 job you could easily earn the same from a business on the side. You just have to put in some work.

About the addiction I really get you. I have/had some similar problems. If I'm hooked on a project/business it's great because it's fun. But that habit of having an addiction can also be bad as you said playing chess all night. Which still isn't as bad as drug addiction. But still not the best. It's important that you are aware of your time spending, it's like money you need to learn how to spend it well.

Wish you all the best if you need any help just let us know.

Yes, I am planning to start a side business as soon as possible. Also the long term plan is create multiple streams of income. Thanks for the help offer I'l surely reach out If I do need it.

Regards, Marian

Kasimir

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 4, 2020
Switzerland
Yes, I am planning to start a side business as soon as possible. Also the long term plan is create multiple streams of income. Thanks for the help offer I'l surely reach out If I do need it.

Regards, Marian
Good, then I'm happy. I just thought that it's great that you want to get better and better at your job. But that's just one source of income. With blogs, eCommerce, etc. it's pretty easy to get another source of income. Especially if you team up with a friend.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TalmacelMarian

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Oct 31, 2020
Good, then I'm happy. I just thought that it's great that you want to get better and better at your job. But that's just one source of income. With blogs, eCommerce, etc. it's pretty easy to get another source of income. Especially if you team up with a friend.
Actually I want to get better at coding but at other things as well, like marketing, facebook marketing and stuff like that. Hopefully one of the ideas I come with in the future will be some kind of app as well or something similar so a knowdlege of coding is good as well. So while I am puttin efort in getting better at coding it not neccesarily for my job though it works for that as well but for myself as well. I am studying different things as well though. There's so much time in a day to actually accomplish so much when you actually become disciplined.

Kasimir

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 4, 2020
Switzerland
Actually I want to get better at coding but at other things as well, like marketing, facebook marketing and stuff like that. Hopefully one of the ideas I come with in the future will be some kind of app as well or something similar so a knowdlege of coding is good as well. So while I am puttin effort in getting better at coding it not neccesarily for my job though it works for that as well but for myself as well. I am studying different things as well though. There's so much time in a day to actually accomplish so much when you actually become disciplined.
That sounds great! You're right, it's actually amazing how much you can accomplish in a short period of time.
If you need help just let us know.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...