The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to profit from fitness feats, or world records?

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Aug 8, 2021
Lets say I am able to break the world record in some fitness feat. e.g. world's longest stomach plank. How could I use this to make profit? Genuinely curious. Will people be coming to you for training, will companies sponsor this?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
541%
Apr 17, 2022
Unless you're an elite level athlete that is capable of performing insane physical feats, pursuing this is a complete waste of time.

And even if someone has those capabilities, success in the fitness has nothing to do with how good of an athlete you are. It's all about the value that you can provide for other people.

Congratulations for hitting 100% ratio on your posts.
Edit: This is not a joke, it's really awesome to see improvement.

Last edited:

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Aug 8, 2021
Unless you're an elite level athlete that is capable of performing insane physical feats, pursuing this is a complete waste of time.

And even if someone has those capabilities, success in the fitness has nothing to do with how good of an athlete you are. It's all about the value that you can provide for other people.

Congratulations for hitting 100% ratio on your posts.
Edit: This is not a joke, it's really awesome to see improvement.
I am maybe an elite level athlete, I will post a video soon of me doing the sally up pushup challange 17 times in a row ( 1 hour straight ), I can currently do it 12 times consequitvely. And I am able to hold the stomach plank right now for 2 hours but will keep improving.

Document it and build a huge social media following as you are the best ever. Get millions of YT views which will pay and than sponsors will come. Please don't use the Droopynips/profile pic combo.
the droopynips is my brand always has been i wont know what else to use tbh

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
541%
Apr 17, 2022
I am maybe an elite level athlete, I will post a video soon of me doing the sally up pushup challange 17 times in a row ( 1 hour straight ), I can currently do it 12 times consequitvely. And I am able to hold the stomach plank right now for 2 hours but will keep improving.
Go ahead and start making some short videos, and see what happens.

It most likely won't turn into a fastlane venture, but any experience can be turned into a lesson.

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Aug 8, 2021
How many business successes have you had with this brand name. Have you posted 1 dollar of profit with it yet?
I have not posted any profits, no, i am still learning and brainstorming/trying to find the right avenue to proceed down.

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Aug 8, 2021

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
I have not posted any profits, no, i am still learning and brainstorming/trying to find the right avenue to proceed down.

I wish you luck. You may want to consider to diversify on your brand name. While it is kinda funny and memorable, a decent size of the population will find it crude and childish. With the picture you come across even more of some kind of troll and instigator.

I own a company that has several brands inside it and each name is like a nickname and it's not hard to brand several names at once. I guarantee your name is going to hold you back and if you are to take business seriously I'd look to make this pivot.

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Yes you could, but first you would have to get the record. That in of itself would be the hardest thing to achieve/execute. That would be the obstacle, however you would then have the record in hand and credibility to sell what you did as a product or course. Build a following from there and/or reach out/answer the sponsors you’d wish to work with.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
621%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
On some other side of the internet, this guy is writing “Operation droopynipps update: it’s been over 7 months since I joined an entrepreneur forum. They still engage with me. They haven’t figured out everything I say is meant to troll and be stupid. I wonder how long this will work, it’s hilarious”.

Haven’t fooled me Mr droopy.

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
On some other side of the internet, this guy is writing “Operation droopynipps update: it’s been over 7 months since I joined an entrepreneur forum. They still engage with me. They haven’t figured out everything I say is meant to troll and be stupid. I wonder how long this will work, it’s hilarious”.

Haven’t fooled me Mr droopy.

the droopynips is my brand always has been i wont know what else to use tbh

Droopynips the gauntlet has been thrown down here. You need to come up with some video of super human feats or Johnny Boy will have exposed you. Make it good as JB is a former athlete and has standards.

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Aug 8, 2021
Droopynips the gauntlet has been thrown down here. You need to come up with some video of super human feats or Johnny Boy will have exposed you. Make it good as JB is a former athlete and has standards.
Sir yes sir. Sunday is my next scheduled sally up challenge maxout attempt
View: https://youtu.be/41N6bKO-NVI
most people cant do it even one way through before their weak mental makes them quit. I will aim for 10 or more consecutive repetitions of the song with proper form (not cheating by resting on elbows). If I succeed I will post it

Last edited:

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
Sir yes sir. Sunday is my next scheduled sally up challenge maxout attempt
View: https://youtu.be/41N6bKO-NVI
most people cant do it even one way through before their weak mental makes them quit. I will aim for 10 or more consecutive repetitions of the song with proper form (not cheating by resting on elbows). If I succeed I will post it

Good luck that a lot of pushups. But you need to post regardless of results!

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Aug 8, 2021

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Aug 8, 2021

Private Witt

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Feb 20, 2018
Oklahoma
Congrats! Sure looks taxing. Is there anyway you can do this and have the record verified. How you feel the next day?

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Aug 8, 2021
Congrats! Sure looks taxing. Is there anyway you can do this and have the record verified. How you feel the next day?
Its not something I care too much to have it verified. It’s just a fun thing to push yourself. I will be more keen to see if I can break plank record, for that I will need official ratification. Thanks for your motivation amigo. Hopefully this garners Johnny Boys seal of approval, the sally up challenge is seriously a ball buster.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Its not something I care too much to have it verified. It’s just a fun thing to push yourself. I will be more keen to see if I can break plank record, for that I will need official ratification. Thanks for your motivation amigo. Hopefully this garners Johnny Boys seal of approval, the sally up challenge is seriously a ball buster.
Bravo.

Don't worry about Johnny. That dude only works out just enough to look good. (His words, not mine.)

I was able to accomplish 12 rounds of sally up today thus breaking the current world record. Definitely the most physically taxing thing I’ve ever experienced.

View: https://youtu.be/t8Jthk6uZU0

Hey @Kak @heavy_industry

are-you-not-entertained-entertained.gif

Droops is a beast.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Lets say I am able to break the world record in some fitness feat. ie. worlds longest stomach plank. How could I use this to make profit? Genuinely curious. Will people be coming to you for training, will companies sponsor this?
Its not something I care too much to have it verified.

Do you want to make money or not?

Get it verified. Break this record. Break another record. Break the plank record (Which by the way you still need a lot of work on).

Then write a book.

Then go on the speaking circuit.

Tell your story of overcoming alcoholism and whatever other dark things you've dealt with in your life, and turned yourself into a machine that can continually push itself to success.

Tell people they can stay droopy or they can change like you did. Get a catch phrase or two. 100% of success is 90% mental.

Keep competing with yourself.

Sign an endorsement deal. Better yet, pull a Shaq and only endorse companies you believe in, in exchange for equity.

Start your own line of push up grips or athletic bandanas for sweat or... Something.

Use your notoriety and social media following and email list to build that brand of Challenge Push Up Grips or No Droop Wear. Sell on your own website. Sell your book too.

Keep pushing yourself.

You can level up your business mind or you can stay droopy.

Did that answer your question?

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
I was able to accomplish 12 rounds of sally up today thus breaking the current world record. Definitely the most physically taxing thing I’ve ever experienced.

Who is the guy in the video?
start making some short videos
Do you mean “short” 2 hour plank video?

Last edited:

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Aug 8, 2021
Who is the guy in the video?

Do you mean “short” 2 hour plank video?

How bored would someone need to be to watch that? Is watching paint dry more exciting? Or grass grow?
I understand your point very much, I do, but I’m not expecting anyone to watch it. Do you think every david goggins fan watched every one of his 100 mile ultramarathons to be his fan? Do you think people who respect George Hood for breaking a 10 hour plank watched his plank? The video’s purpose isn’t to be seen but as a proof of achievement. This exercise is quite difficult and I have not seen anyone do it over 5 times, most people fail to do it even one time, so I wanted proof of my effort.

Last edited:
G

Guest-5ty5s4

Well, couple of things…

If that’s you in the video, you are a lot better looking and more athletic than your forum presence would indicate (lol)

You can definitely parlay that into money via YouTube videos, personal training, fitness advice, all kinds of stuff.

Have you read the books?

You are now on step 1 of taking action, which is exciting. You need to keep in mind that business is about what *other* people want and what you can do for them, not what you want and not even what you know or are capable of.

It’s the whole “to a hammer, everything looks like a nail” thing. Don’t think like a hammer. Instead, look at what needs to be built.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Aug 8, 2021
Well, couple of things…

If that’s you in the video, you are a lot better looking and more athletic than your forum presence would indicate (lol)

You can definitely parlay that into money via YouTube videos, personal training, fitness advice, all kinds of stuff.

Have you read the books?

You are now on step 1 of taking action, which is exciting. You need to keep in mind that business is about what *other* people want and what you can do for them, not what you want and not even what you know or are capable of.

It’s the whole “to a hammer, everything looks like a nail” thing. Don’t think like a hammer. Instead, look at what needs to be built.
First of all, I will say my forum presence and my irl presence are almost identical in EVERY way.

And yes I have read the books, re-read them, took notes on the key points, segued into reading felix dennis and many other great entrepreneur books and my mindset is a complete 180 from before.

Now to the topic at hand... to me exercise is just very much a hobby. Since I no longer waste time with video games, or boozing, or netflix etc. Exercise is my one splurge that I invest time in. I have always loved high endurance training because it is the only thing that quiets the stressful thoughts out of my spastic head lol

But I never really attribute this kind of thing to action taking as a specific pursuit, I would like to do an e-commerce of some sort, or maybe first a cash flow venture like car detailing service locally so I can learn how to sell myself ( I heard somewhere that 80% of multimillionaires had a strong base in sales in the beginning ).

I only posted this because I am a man of my word and said i would post it, but I really appreciate all of you guys and your kind words, and maybe who knows, people are becoming much more health-oriented nowadays, I'll never say never to a potential opportunity.

Last edited:

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Aug 8, 2021
Break the plank record
I think it is possible within a year for me. I can do 2 hours without much hassle now and I just started to train the plank this year, maybe by the end of 2023.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Well done. Turn it into a little vlog where you talk about what you're doing and why? There's many young people (and older) that you could inspire.

If you've the mental fortitude to accomplish physical feats like this then you've more than enough mental fortitude to persistent in business too.

Talk to the camera about what your goals are, what you're struggling with, and what your next step is.

Get that record verified.

Change your channel avatar to a picture of your face.

Change your channel name to your name somehow.

Keep pushing yourself.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Marketing lesson. Get more eyeballs from people curious and people interested.

Thread title changed

Theoretical question

to:
How to profit from fitness feats?

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Aug 8, 2021
If you've the mental fortitude to accomplish physical feats like this then you've more than enough mental fortitude to persistent in business too.
You have no idea how much this is music to my ears, Andy. Truly.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.