The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

World Cup 2022 - how to profit as a local?

Qomfortablane

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Aug 11, 2020
Middle East
Hello fastlane members,
I hope you guys are doing well. Longtime lurker on the forums, I've been reading a lot and looking at the great resources available.
I'd like to pick member's brains to see how to benefit from the World Cup 2022 being held in my country of Qatar.
Qatar is Avery small country of 13,000 km2. All of the games will be played within 1hour and a half drive from each other.
I'm trying to find innovative ways to benefit from the 1.5m+ tourists who are set to come for the WC.

What would you guys do if you were in my place?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kasimir

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 4, 2020
Switzerland
Do you have any resources? Capital, building, etc?
It's definitely a great chance to make money, but with Corona, it's hard to predict how it's going to work out.

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Mar 8, 2018
England
Hotels, restaurants, street snack vendors usualy do well.

Usually bars do too but not sure this will happen in Qatar which is no bad thing.

One thing that usually sells big time is merchandise. Football shirts, etc just like normal but national instead of club.

And one thing tourists like to do is buy local stuff even if it looks rubbish when they get home. Hence in the 70's British tourists to Mexico World Cup coming home with Sombreros.

So just a thought reading your post, Qatari men like in most Arab countries wear headwear and the thing that keeps it in place is called an Agal (presuming Google is correct)

I think if you were to have Agals made in team colour's you would sell a ton of them as they are cheap and can be mass manufactured and easily brought home as a souvenir.

Dan

Chapas

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Nov 23, 2014
Really like the idea of @Stargazer !

A little personal story from World Cup 2018. A Danish dude owned a bar right next to the Red Square in Moscow. Before Denmark-France we were around 4,000-5000 Danish people gathered in and around the bar. I think we were there for approximately 4 hours.

Here you could buy drink tickets - 5 beers for the equivalent of around 15 USD. We Danes love beer and the bartenders were in for a hectic morning/afternoon. I think there were around 10 bartenders working non-stop pouring beer from the taps for all 4 hours (and they poured fast, a beer was given out every 5 seconds I believe)

This means each bartender poured out 12 beers a minute, 720 beers an hour or what would be 2880 beers for the entire 4 hours. With 10 bartenders (there might even have been many more) it means that they managed to sell 28,800 beers in just 4 hours (!!!!)

With the price of 3 USD for a beer they generated at least 86,400 USD from the 4 hours. This is not even accounted for all the food and all the vodka bottles that were sold.

And 28,800 beers for 4-5000 people is 6-7 beers a person. I think I had like 7 or 8, and the way we Danes love our beer, I believe that many of my compatriots had many more. This is not unrealistic for us in 4 hours, haha.

I know the beer example is not the best, as it will probably be different with the alcohol culture in Qatar, but there is definitely lots of money to be made from an event like the World Cup!

Qomfortablane

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Aug 11, 2020
Middle East
Thanks for all the great ideas guys. Although food and beverage and accommodations are already saturated. To give you a small background info Qatar is a west asian planned economy, I don't think we will even have street sellers outside of dedicated fan zones. Alcohol will only be served in licensed bars in hotels and in the fan zones.

The merchandising idea is very interesting tho I will definitely pursue that further.

Onakosa

"When I grow up I want to be ... "
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Oct 23, 2020
UK
Hotels, restaurants, street snack vendors usualy do well.

Usually bars do too but not sure this will happen in Qatar which is no bad thing.

One thing that usually sells big time is merchandise. Football shirts, etc just like normal but national instead of club.

And one thing tourists like to do is buy local stuff even if it looks rubbish when they get home. Hence in the 70's British tourists to Mexico World Cup coming home with Sombreros.

So just a thought reading your post, Qatari men like in most Arab countries wear headwear and the thing that keeps it in place is called an Agal (presuming Google is correct)

I think if you were to have Agals made in team colour's you would sell a ton of them as they are cheap and can be mass manufactured and easily brought home as a souvenir.

Dan
That is a superb idea!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.