The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to contact Amazon sellers?

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
Hey guys!

I have recently come out with a new service to help Amazon sellers take their business off Amazon.

I made a new account, VPN'd, and tried messaging them, but got this after 5 messages:

Amazon Issue.jpg

As you can see, messaging sellers is a stupid idea.

Thankfully alot of sellers have external email addresses posted on their pages. So I will start there. They also have phone numbers on some so I will call them too.

Anyone have any bright ideas on how to connect with Amazon sellers to offer them my services??

Any help is appreciated!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Post more information on your business here

There are a lot of Amazon Sellers here

QDF

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Jan 1, 2014
Hey guys!

I have recently come out with a new service to help Amazon sellers take their business off Amazon.

I made a new account, VPN'd, and tried messaging them, but got this after 5 messages:

View attachment 24146

Thankfully alot of sellers have external email addresses posted on their pages. So I will start there. They also have phone numbers on some so I will call them too.

Anyone have any bright ideas on how to connect with Amazon sellers to offer them my services??

Any help is appreciated!

Pretty easy solution.

As an Amazon seller, I've had people pitch me software or services by email. They find me on Amazon, do a quick Google search, and then contact me through my site.

Any Amazon seller worth anything will have their own site.

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
Onto the FB groups as well. Good shit!

Not trying to self promote at all, MODS please let me know if I should edit this in any way.

Currently trying to help sellers with the commandment of "Control" and take their business into their own hands. Basically I help Amz sellers get their customers back from Amazon by taking the data they already have, find more customers, and either send them to a back to their AMZ product page for more sales and higher conversion rate (thus boosting the listing in the search rankings), OR, send traffic to their own website (Shopify), and make sales there. From there, you can ask people for email opt in, and re-market to customers through email.

I've done this successfully with 3 sellers so far and trying to create a business out of helping others.

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego

QDF

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Jan 1, 2014
Onto the FB groups as well. Good shit!

Not trying to self promote at all, MODS please let me know if I should edit this in any way.

Currently trying to help sellers with the commandment of "Control" and take their business into their own hands. Basically I help Amz sellers get their customers back from Amazon by taking the data they already have, find more customers, and either send them to a back to their AMZ product page for more sales and higher conversion rate (thus boosting the listing in the search rankings), OR, send traffic to their own website (Shopify), and make sales there. From there, you can ask people for email opt in, and re-market to customers through email.

I've done this successfully with 3 sellers so far and trying to create a business out of helping others.
Can you elaborate on how this is done and how/if it complies with Amazon policies?

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
Can you elaborate on how this is done and how/if it complies with Amazon policies?

I can't get into the details for obvious reasons but yes it does comply with AMZ TOS. Nothing technically wrong with it. You're taking information you're given and moving away from Amazon. They will not know essentially.

It's very interesting. I'm looking for a few more case studies before I turn this into a full blown agency.

Going to Amazon meetups IRL as well, that's how I found my second guy I helped. Meetup.com and Facebook have alot of good ones in So Cal.

MitchM

Act. Then Adapt.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Nov 15, 2016
Atlanta, GA
I can't get into the details for obvious reasons but yes it does comply with AMZ TOS. Nothing technically wrong with it. You're taking information you're given and moving away from Amazon. They will not know essentially.

It's very interesting. I'm looking for a few more case studies before I turn this into a full blown agency.

Going to Amazon meetups IRL as well, that's how I found my second guy I helped. Meetup.com and Facebook have alot of good ones in So Cal.
Not to step on your toes, but is this what you’re doing?

https://landingcube.com/lookalike-audience-amazon/

I had to look into it after you started talking about it.

QDF

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Jan 1, 2014

Maybe you can elaborate on the successes of the 3 sellers you've helped so far?

I've known about creating the Amazon lookalike audiences for a while and am curious what peoples' results are like.

Last edited:

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego

That's similar but I have a slightly different way of going about it, that's worked for me so far. Those guys are killing it tho for sure.
Maybe you can elaborate on the successes of the 3 sellers you've helped so far?

I've know about creating the Amazon lookalike audiences for a while and am curious what peoples' results are like.

Have you had any success doing so? Lmk if you need help.

I've run ads for 2 people back to Amazon (through a landing page), to qualify leads. The other one I built a Shopify store and imported all Amazon products (store with around 30 products), then ran traffic straight to that. Captured emails, then set up an Aweber campaign to remarket to them.

MitchM

Act. Then Adapt.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Nov 15, 2016
Atlanta, GA
That's similar but I have a slightly different way of going about it, that's worked for me so far. Those guys are killing it tho for sure.

Have you had any success doing so? Lmk if you need help.

I've run ads for 2 people back to Amazon (through a landing page), to qualify leads. The other one I built a Shopify store and imported all Amazon products (store with around 30 products), then ran traffic straight to that. Captured emails, then set up an Aweber campaign to remarket to them.
Were they converting on the Shopify store though? If not, maybe it’d be easier to run a promotional/coupon optin first

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
Were they converting on the Shopify store though? If not, maybe it’d be easier to run a promotional/coupon optin first

That store was yes. Had a really dope marketing video and we killed the targeting right off the bat somehow. But yes for the next client I'm going to take traffic to a landing page promo with email confirmation to get the discount code.

MitchM

Act. Then Adapt.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Nov 15, 2016
Atlanta, GA
That store was yes. Had a really dope marketing video and we killed the targeting right off the bat somehow. But yes for the next client I'm going to take traffic to a landing page promo with email confirmation to get the discount code.
Nice, so what has made you decide to run the promotion with the other store?

Do you just figure it’ll yield a better ROI in that instance, or do you think it’s a better strategy?

Also, I’m sure that you can get amazon sellers to bite, as this also gives you the opportunity to sell Shopify stores to sellers without them and offer the full package.

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
Nice, so what has made you decide to run the promotion with the other store?

Do you just figure it’ll yield a better ROI in that instance, or do you think it’s a better strategy?

Also, I’m sure that you can get amazon sellers to bite, as this also gives you the opportunity to sell Shopify stores to sellers without them and offer the full package.

Both honestly, and I just wanted to test. One of the sellers is another Fastlaner who's been selling for a long time, so he just let me mess around.

Yeah I'm working on getting a landing page up for my value prop, then sending potential customers there. That's my focus for this coming 2 weeks. Hoping to crush it.

Let me know if you guys have any other ideas.

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
Hey guys!

View attachment 24146

Any help is appreciated!

Go on amazon seller facebook pages. But dont spam them , cough up something tangible they can use and the mods will probably let you stixk around

You could also partner with someone selling an amazon business "how to" course.

@Walter Hay has a backlink to "mysilent team" on his books buy page , I believe they handle some or all of the nornal q&a and that lets him focus on expanding the books content. The MST folks give a disxount on the full course price to anyone who purchased his book solo. So something like that could work

Lambo-Hunter

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Jul 14, 2017
Sweden

https://landingcube.com/lookalike-audience-amazon/

I had to look into it after you started talking about it.

Definitelly try that out! I get leads for $0.14 with a 16% conversion rate once they're on my email list using that method. Not sure if it's "legal" to retarget your amazon customers but creating a lookalike audience shouldn't be a problem.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Not you derail the thread, I’ve never heard of making a lookalike audience from Amazon customers. This is something I definitely need to look into. We really need to transition customers from Amz to our website.

MitchM

Act. Then Adapt.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Nov 15, 2016
Atlanta, GA
Definitelly try that out! I get leads for $0.14 with a 16% conversion rate once they're on my email list using that method. Not sure if it's "legal" to retarget your amazon customers but creating a lookalike audience shouldn't be a problem.
Damn that is sick! Are you creating a lookalike and running them to a promotion code for their email - or straight to your website?

QDF

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Jan 1, 2014

These are the kind of #'s I was looking for.

I haven't tried this yet, but I started the process last night.

Just an FYI, FB seems to make you jump through more hoops now in order to upload a custom audience (become "verified", or wait a few weeks). This doesn't make sense, because I've been running FB ads through the same account for years, but just something to be aware of.

My plan that I'm going to test:

FB ad to Amazon Custom Audience --> Landing Page with email opt-in in exchange for Amazon promo code --> Email Campaign to drive more Amazon Sales

This will hopefully accomplish 2 things:

1. Collect Emails of Amazon Customers for future marketing (on Amazon and my site)
2. Drive Amazon sales, repeat business, and boost organic rankings

I'll update with progress. Thanks for the thread @GravyBoat -- I may reach out in the future depending on how it goes.

Also another thing to keep in mind, it looks like Amazon only allows you to download this customer data up to the past 30 days, so you'll need to continually update your FB custom audience using this method, at least once per month.

Lambo-Hunter

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Jul 14, 2017
Sweden
Damn that is sick! Are you creating a lookalike and running them to a promotion code for their email - or straight to your website?

I've tried several different methods, that one was for a 15% coupon in return for their email adress.

*Edit: just read my post again, that example was for a giveaway, i gave away 5 units and gave the losers a 10% discount*

I drive the traffic to a simple landing page, collect the email and send them the code. After that they're put into a sequence of me sending 2 email per week to keep the audience warm. Planning on launching another product in the same niche using that list.

I hope amazon will allow us to install a fb pixel on our listing in the future tho..

Last edited:

Lambo-Hunter

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
136%
Jul 14, 2017
Sweden
Also another thing to keep in mind, it looks like Amazon only allows you to download this customer data up to the past 30 days, so you'll need to continually update your FB custom audience using this method, at least once per month.

You can actually download all of the customer data, it's just that you have to do it in 30 day increments. Just choose exact dates, and make sure it's a maximum of 30 days.

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
You can actually download all of the customer data, it's just that you have to do it in 30 day increments. Just choose exact dates, and make sure it's a maximum of 30 days.

That's what I'm doing as well. I had a client who's sales had dropped off in the past year, so he wanted to use data older than 90 days since that's when he was getting the most sales.

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
I'll update with progress. Thanks for the thread @GravyBoat -- I may reach out in the future depending on how it goes.

Absolutely, glad I could spark something for you guys to think about. Looking for clients mainly right now so let me know if you have any Amazon friends who you think I could help with this.

Going to a bunch of local FBA meetups this week and next.

Will do a progress thread after I hit 10 clients. From there I will automate. Been terrible posting on here lately.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.