• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Influence, The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert Cialdini

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it and let's discuss!
    Buy: Buy | Discuss: Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion(Review | Discuss)

Question for experienced Amazon Sellers

Discussion in 'Advertising, Marketing, Social Media' started by MitchM, Jan 29, 2019.

1. MitchM

MitchM Act. Then Adapt. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,608
    Hey guys!

So, up until recently I have just been sending people a digital PDF of The Phoenix Journal or Phoenix Planner as an attachment with order confirmation on Amazon.

Recently I decided to attach another PDF which has a link to video tutorials, where they just enter their email and get free access (nothing is being sold on the site, just videos hosted) - as well as a promotion telling them that they can tag PhoenixPlanner on IG with their testimonial for a 35% discount.

Is any of this in violation of Amazon's terms?

I greatly appreciate any help :)

2. amp0193

amp0193 Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $48,647
    Yes.

Prohibited seller activities and actions - Amazon Seller Central

Attempts to divert transactions or buyers:
    Any attempt to circumvent the established Amazon sales process or to divert Amazon users to another website or sales process is prohibited. Specifically, any advertisements, marketing messages (special offers) or "calls to action" that lead, prompt, or encourage Amazon users to leave the Amazon website are prohibited. This might include the use of emails, hyperlinks, URLs, or web addresses within any seller-generated confirmation email messages or any product/listing description fields.

Inappropriate email communications:
    Unsolicited emails to Amazon customers (other than as necessary for order fulfillment and related customer service) and emails related to marketing communications of any kind are prohibited.

MitchM likes this.
  3. MitchM

MitchM Act. Then Adapt. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,608
    What if within my product photos/description it says that you get access to tutorial videos upon order? I have a competitor - Panda Planner - who links to a video tutorial site on the front page of his planner... but I don't think he sends it in a PDF.

4. Envision

Envision Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $22,443
    You cant divert any amazon customer info from their site to yours. Sure some people do it but they rarely get away with it.

MitchM likes this.
  5. MitchM

Rep Bank:
    $4,608
    Oh god. Removing it now lol :bored:

6. Walter Hay

Walter Hay Legendary Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $67,537
    One way that people do get away with it is to incorporate their URL in their product labels or within the body of the product. (By way of a mold or imprint.)

Walter

LinorCG and Kid like this.
  7. Envision

Envision Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $22,443
    True I do this but I think it’s different cause I can’t imagine them asking for Nike or Sony to remove their logos and urls from their packaging

8. Walter Hay

Walter Hay Legendary Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $67,537
    I was referring to labels on the product, not on the packaging. Also, if the label is a part of the product it must be seen by the customer.

I have posted in other threads suggesting that the label with URL can be permanently attached to the product using one of a large number of methods, many of which I explain in my labeling book.

Walter

Gary likes this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.