The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

NOTABLE! How to Buy A Ferrari for $20K

ryanbleau

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jun 22, 2014
Scottsdale , Az
Speaking of Ferrari's I went to the 488 Pista Spider launch party at the W last month. Kind of cemented me moving to Scottsdale.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

The Abundant Man

Gold Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 3, 2018
Speaking of Ferrari's I went to the 488 Pista Spider launch party at the W last month. Kind of cemented me moving to Scottsdale.
Some rich guy owns a car museum over there. Full of old classic cars.

OP
OP
biophase

biophase

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Actually it's not the reason you're thinking (my apologies for bumping it up with respect to your recent "activities") but I look forward to reading whatever you report!
MJ, let's hear your story!

MJ DeMarco

Administrator
Staff member
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 23, 2007
Fountain Hills, AZ

Jeff Noel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
I need to read more on the process of purchasing an existing business. This thread really got me interested (maybe not for a Ferrari to begin with, but a nice Kia (lol) ?)

All the businesses for sale in my area are exotic restaurants (sushi, chinese food, etc.). From what I heard from my friend who owns a restaurant, it's a LOT of work to manage that kind of business, especially in the state they are (really old buildings - 1940s).

Does anyone have interesting books or ebook or anything on the subject of purchasing an existing business ?

Argin Gerigorian

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Dec 23, 2017
Los Angeles
So a few weeks ago I'm looking at this 2006 Ferrari 360 Modena in red with nice wheels. Asking price is about $100k. I'm not one to spend $100k on a car, because every time I've had money I've put it into investments. So my other thought was I should just buy an investment condo which returns about 8% per year.

But then I came across an ecommerce store for sale for $100k which puts out $100k a year or $8k a month.

This got my thinking. Why would I ever pay $100k cash for a car or buy real estate if I could purchase online stores like these?

So I did some numbers and I could do the following:

Buy the store for $100k
Take the $8k monthly
Which is $6k after taxes
Buy a Ferrari with $3000/mo payments
Buy a home with $3000/mo payments
Why wouldn't this work?

And why doesn't everyone do this?

Poke some holes in this plan please or else I'm going to implement it this year. :)
Wow that's a great price for $100k, what website did you buy the business off of?

YoungPadawan

Miles to go before I sleep
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Nov 7, 2015
Man @biophase , you are a rockstar. I've been reading through your old blog and this reminds me of the website that you started to buy yourself a pair of hiking shoes. An excellent value-adding philosophy to have. :thumbsup:

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Jeff Noel

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada
Wow that's a great price for $100k, what website did you buy the business off of?
I don't know if it's similar in the US, but here in Canada, most RE agencies list commercial properties and also businesses for sale. There's probably websites dedicated only to the business part, but I didn't find any (didn't really search either).

Jonathan Hoch

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jan 17, 2019
How the F*ck am I showing up on this forum so late to the game. Great thought process. And I'll always love the blue 575 from Bad Boys II. Cheesy movie, awesome car!

OP
OP
biophase

biophase

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Well... its not as easy to get a $100k loan to buy an online store as it is to get a $100k loan to buy a house or to buy a car, no?
Probably the same amount of work to get a 100k business loan or a 100k mortgage.

Champion

Bronze Contributor
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Probably the same amount of work to get a 100k business loan or a 100k mortgage.
Definitely not the case in Germany! Maybe in the US it is different though.

Maybe I will move to US, use this method and then export the car to Europe and drive with it haha :D

The mindset and idea as a whole is great food for thought though, thanks a lot!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom