The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How much are/were you making at your slowlane job?

technobubble

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Sep 21, 2018
Still in slowlane. Age 28. 50 EUR / day - 12k EUR a year + sometimes high bonus.
The wage is quite sad but expenses are low, I don't overwork at all, have some free time. Working in pharma B2B sales.
Also while I work in a daily job I can oversee my small business which generates 3-8k EUR a year.
I know I can't go on like this for long though... Once I manage to generate a bit more, I'll quit!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Rinzler

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
May 21, 2014
Northern California
Sounds like you probably live in one of the most expensive places in the country. You could either move somewhere else to get saving more or you could use the expensiveness to your advantage and start your business now and charge more. Even something like cleaning gutters can be highly lucrative around cities like LA, San Fran etc

In a business like that you could set your rates up to make at least $100 per hour. And you don’t have to do that forever, either...
Thanks for the insight! I've been considering going for something like this and taking advantage of this booming area I'm in. My short term plan is to juggle two jobs to ease the burden a bit sooner, then right before the holidays start putting plans into action. Truthfully I never considered cleaning gutters so I may look into that. There's probably over 40,000 homes within a 5 miles radius of me.

hellolin

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 27, 2015
Thanks for the insight! I've been considering going for something like this and taking advantage of this booming area I'm in. My short term plan is to juggle two jobs to ease the burden a bit sooner, then right before the holidays start putting plans into action. Truthfully I never considered cleaning gutters so I may look into that. There's probably over 40,000 homes within a 5 miles radius of me.

"When it doesn't work, just double down on what doesn't work, two negatives make a positive!"

At least try to start planning to move out of there. I make way more and are working in the "in" sector consider the location, but I still took a risk and moved away. Once you do move, your first paycheck will show you exactly how much California is charging you for the nice weather and all that jazz.

Xavier X

Gold Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
261%
Jan 1, 2016
These United States
austin-powers-dr-evil.gif

EmotionEngine

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Sep 15, 2020
United States
I am over $40 an hour and just got a 15% raise. "Instant amnesia" like that line in Unscripted . I know I'll have to leave that fake comfort soon.

(I was making less than $24 an hour pre-2020)

fastlane_dad

8 Figure Fastlane Graduate
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
638%
Jun 20, 2017
Scottsdale, AZ
Last time I had a 'job' with a paycheck was 2007, exactly 15 years ago...working as an engineer @ $23.50 an hour (about 47K a year)! I lasted all of 2 years working 'full time' in the slowlane.

It was good money for the time, let me save quite a bit, buy all the toys / clothes / alcohol and travel I wanted (for the time) and gave me resources needed to focus and build up the beginnings of my fastlane business.

I quit that lovely July afternoon to take a month off traveling Europe and never looked back!!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

dimalicious

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Jul 6, 2022
I’m just curious.

Currently 26 years old, $37/hr now. But have potential to work overtime for times a half.
26 as well, just got up to 30$ an hour, and now i only work 3-4 days a week which im super pumped about haha. A little over average income in my country but with far less hours :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.