The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Help craft Fastlane an effective tag line...

TryHardTriad

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Oct 2, 2018
The Fastlane Forum:
Live Life Unscripted

I think something like this is a unique, punchy and non-generic tag that evokes the exact image of your brand.

There is no other thing that I could mistake 'Unscripted ' with, so I'd defo use it in the tagline.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

John F.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Aug 29, 2018
Arizona
Classic example of having the answer right in front of my face and I couldn't see it.

I'm disappointed in myself for not seeing it. Duh.

This is part of what makes this forum so great. You as the owner, were probably looking for something new and different for the forum. It makes complete sense from a business perspective.

Putting this thread together allows you to get the feedback from your readers. The readers and contributors here associate the book(s) with the forum much more than you may have realized.

Don't be disappointed, be proud of yourself for doing the right thing by seeking feedback from your customers/colleagues.

I like the "Unscripted " tagline, FWIW.

Adrian Smith

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 22, 2018
As of right now, the forum's tag line is Launch a Business, Live Unscripted , Leave a Legacy.

View attachment 25242

However I'm not really happy with that as it's more of a placeholder (as were the others) that I dumped in there really quick while I moved forward with other things.

That said, do you have any good ideas for a forum tag line?

Optimally it should be the following:
  1. Short, maximum words 8-9 words.
  2. Benefit oriented
  3. Indicate that "fastlane" is a forum with a focus on business / entrepreneurial / self-development (No, it's not a sports car forum!)
  4. Optimally include some element of my core messages (unscripted , CENTS, etc. [cannot have "fastlane" in it])
Some other ideas I played with...

Build a CENTS Business, Live the Dream
Build a Business, Earn Your Freedom
Build More Than A Business, Build a Life
Build a Better Business & A Better Life
If It Makes Business CENTS, It Makes Sense.
Start A CENTS Business, Jumpstart Your Dream

If I get enough suggestions, I'll post a poll and see what the forum thinks.
As of right now, the forum's tag line is Launch a Business, Live Unscripted , Leave a Legacy.

View attachment 25242

However I'm not really happy with that as it's more of a placeholder (as were the others) that I dumped in there really quick while I moved forward with other things.

2. Benefit oriented
  3. Indicate that "fastlane" is a forum with a focus on business / entrepreneurial / self-development (No, it's not a sports car forum!)
  4. Optimally include some element of my core messages (unscripted , CENTS, etc. [cannot have "fastlane" in it])

“Swerve from the herd and follow some UN-common CENTS.”

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I like the tag line that’s there, first thing I noticed when I logged on from my phone this morning and saw the new layout. It’s simple yet spot on.
Me too. It resonated with me, and will likely resonate with people on their very first forum visit.

It speaks to people at the beginning of their journey, and people who have already launched a business and are living unscripted .

“Live unscripted ” is powerful and related to the book. We talk about the script and being unscripted in the forum.

Leaving a legacy is even more powerful. It makes me take this more seriously. It’s not just me who I want to be unscripted . I want my kids to be unscripted too.

Each of the three statements is also a call to action. And the way they’re written they could be step by step instructions.

I feel the CENTS part is too obscure. Forum members get it, but new visitors will wonder wtf that’s about.

New visitors might not have heard of “unscripted ”, but the word itself makes sense without explanation.

Having “freedom” squeezed in might help, but I think “unscripted ” covers it already. Unscripted js like being off the grid, or free from the matrix.

Maybe we could run ad campaigns to people who don’t know of the forum and test the tagline?

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
Build your dream, one CENT at a time.

Marty Foley

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 31, 2019
Hello MJ.

I recommend that you put it to a real unbiased "vote" by testing tagline ideas scientifically, right here in your forum. It wouldn't take a lot to do it:

1. Choose an important call to action you'll use to compare tagline performance.

Don't choose a winner based on vanity metrics (such as opinions or clickthroughs). Instead choose one based on visitor actions that really count: Actual SALES (maybe INSIDERS Subscriptions?)

In other words, the only "votes" that would count are those cast by actual buyers, who vote with their wallets.

2. Set up test variables. These could be in the form of multiple banners based on your current 648x130 tagline image, each containing a different variation of your tagline, each linked to your Fastlane INSIDERS signup page: /community/pages/fastlane-INSIDERS/

3. Use a testing tool (such as Google Optimize or any number of others) to A/B test (or A/B/C/D/E test) by displaying various "tagline banners" to forum visitors. Or you could use a simple banner rotation tool in a pinch to do the same (but it can make the next step a bit trickier)...

4. Measure and analyze the performance of each "tagline banner" varation. The tagline image that generates the most INSIDERS Subscriptions (conversions) at the highest ROI, would be the undisputed winner (that is, unless or until another contender outperforms the winning control).

This would be an unbiased, scientific way to find out what *really* works.

You could even turn it into a contest, with a prize going to the best contributed tagline.

~ Marty Foley

P.S. If you'd like "pro bono" help setting up such a test, let me know.

Last edited:

EVMaso

Calm Seas
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Apr 28, 2019
Vancouver, Canada
The Fastlane Forum:
Live Life Unscripted

I think something like this is a unique, punchy and non-generic tag that evokes the exact image of your brand.

There is no other thing that I could mistake 'Unscripted ' with, so I'd defo use it in the tagline.

I like this a lot. It is short and sweet and intriguing and in a way, epic. I actually thought of this one myself but someone had already posted it.

If there was a vote on taglines, this would get my vote.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
LIVE FREE OR DIE HARD

lol

That is some real sick merch potential right there.
It'll resonate with young male hustlers. I, for one, would be happy to have merch that says that.

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
Me too. It resonated with me, and will likely resonate with people on their very first forum visit.

It speaks to people at the beginning of their journey, and people who have already launched a business and are living unscripted .

“Live unscripted ” is powerful and related to the book. We talk about the script and being unscripted in the forum.

Leaving a legacy is even more powerful. It makes me take this more seriously. It’s not just me who I want to be unscripted . I want my kids to be unscripted too.

Each of the three statements is also a call to action. And the way they’re written they could be step by step instructions.

I feel the CENTS part is too obscure. Forum members get it, but new visitors will wonder wtf that’s about.

New visitors might not have heard of “unscripted ”, but the word itself makes sense without explanation.

Having “freedom” squeezed in might help, but I think “unscripted ” covers it already. Unscripted js like being off the grid, or free from the matrix.

Maybe we could run ad campaigns to people who don’t know of the forum and test the tagline?

Thanks Andy, you explained in detail exactly what I was thinking! I love the power of the simplicity of it.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Anything to do with being "unscripted " is what gets me now. It feels like the script is all I look at and see everyone else trapped in all day. But I mean, who are you writing it for? I assume it's not for our benefit as we know what you are about, but maybe it has to be something different to attract a newbie to it all.

What got me hooked into fastlane was the reviews on the book. I was one of the people led here from a google on if Tai Lopez was a fraud back in 2015 lol. At that stage I was about learning how to start a biz, not get out of a script as I hadn't thought too much of it. So as much as I like unscripted related tags, maybe something mentioning business/cents etc is better to grab people before they get caught by the Tai's and Robert K's.

SeePetey

Highly Trained Ape
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Mar 8, 2012
Elsewhere
The famous song by Ludacris popped into my head when I saw this thread pop up lol, you know, the one strongly encouraging action and movement for people slow-laning it? :cool:

DHZ

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Nov 2, 2017
USA
Perhaps a combination of the other suggestions while keeping it short and sweet such as: Learn, earn, and live with freedom

Einfamilienhaus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Feb 8, 2019
"Entrepreneurship. Create Your Own F.ck it Moment. Win Your Freedom"

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Thanks folks for the suggestions (some really great ones!) but I'm think I'm gonna stick with the OBVIOUS, which wasn't so obvious for me at first, Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Entrepreneurship.

Martin Boeddeker

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Jun 5, 2018
Paderborn, Deutschland
Thanks folks for the suggestions (some really great ones!) but I'm think I'm gonna stick with the OBVIOUS, which wasn't so obvious for me at first, Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Entrepreneurship.

I think that's a great decision. Some things are only obvious once you see them. :)

Eric Flathers

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Feb 9, 2019
Nomad

View attachment 25242

2. Benefit oriented

Collaborate with Real Entrepreneurs and Live the Unscripted Life

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.