The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello. I'm new to this forum.

Nanatchawat

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Sep 12, 2020
Rayong, Thailand
Hello. I am Nat, from Thailand, 47 years old, married, no kids. I am an introvert.

I've been jobless for about one year. With the C0VlD-19 pandemic, it's very hard to get a job. The first thing I did in November 2019 was being a freelance copywriter because I love writing compelling copy. I bought a copywriting course to learn and kept practicing. I had studied the course and finished it in 3 months.

And then, I started to find the clients. I promoted myself as a total fresh copywriter to the market. The problems are I have zero experience, zero portfolios, and I am not an expert in any industry, i.e. Finance, Health & wellness, Fundraising, Business, and Marketing, just to name a few. However, I didn't give up. I created my CV and posted it on many job broad websites. My target markets are the US, UK, Canada, and Australia based clients. Unfortunately, I got none of the responses from them. I just couldn't land the clients. Maybe, they think it would be a less effective copy if they were to hire someone who is a non-English native speaker, like me, to write a compelling copy in plain English. Well, I had struggled with that for another 3 months before I quit.

And then, I decided to start a new career. It is a Life Insurance agent. It's been almost two months now since I applied to it. I heard those agents proudly say, you are building a business of your own by working as a life insurance agent. What you have to do is to keep talking to people every day and sell them the insurance. In addition to that, you have to recruit the new agents and build the sales team as your asset so that you'll be able to earn a big chunk of passive income after 5-10 years in this career.

To me, talking to people with the life insurance selling aim in mind makes me uncomfortable, awkward, and fear of losing a good friendship. Talking to a stranger is not that comfortable for me because I am an introvert. Plus, it's pretty difficult to sell life insurance to people in Thailand as they have a variety of objections and a bad experience in the past.

I'm curious to know what I should do to financially survive at this moment. Should I keep working as a life insurance agent or go find a 9-5 job, or start something new such as creating a course to solve people's problem and sell it online?

Does a "life insurance agent" career fall into CENTS, a 5-commandment Fastlane model?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kasimir

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 4, 2020
Switzerland
Hi mate,
Interesting story.
I would either get a 9-5 job or work your freelancing health insurance job if it provides enough money to live from it. But then I would start building a side hustle. That totally depends on you. Marketing agency, something with copywriting, blog, eCommerce, what you like. And then I think you're on a good path. But you have to know that it won't be easy and that you have to put in a lot of work.

Hope I could at least help a little

-Kasimir

Nanatchawat

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Sep 12, 2020
Rayong, Thailand
Hi mate,
Interesting story.
I would either get a 9-5 job or work your freelancing health insurance job if it provides enough money to live from it. But then I would start building a side hustle. That totally depends on you. Marketing agency, something with copywriting, blog, eCommerce, what you like. And then I think you're on a good path. But you have to know that it won't be easy and that you have to put in a lot of work.

Hope I could at least help a little

-Kasimir
Hey Kasimir,

Appreciate your input. I agree with you that there's no easy money. Getting rich quick is possible but not getting rich easy. One has to put in a lot of work (process) before seeing the result (event).

Well, I've been reading half of the Millionaire Fastlane book and I plan to start something that falls into the 5 commandments Fastlane model, which includes Need, Entry, Control, Scale, and Time.

Sure, working a day job falls into a Slowlane, not a Fastlane category.

I just wonder if working as a life insurance agent, a freelance copywriter, or an online marketing service agency can be a Fastlane type of work that covers all CENTS models.

Can you explain what I'm concerned about?

-Nat

ShepardHumphries

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Feb 5, 2020
Hello. I am Nat, from Thailand, 47 years old, married, no kids. I am an introvert.

I've been jobless for about one year. With the C0VlD-19 pandemic, it's very hard to get a job. The first thing I did in November 2019 was being a freelance copywriter because I love writing compelling copy. I bought a copywriting course to learn and kept practicing. I had studied the course and finished it in 3 months.

And then, I started to find the clients. I promoted myself as a total fresh copywriter to the market. The problems are I have zero experience, zero portfolios, and I am not an expert in any industry, i.e. Finance, Health & wellness, Fundraising, Business, and Marketing, just to name a few. However, I didn't give up. I created my CV and posted it on many job broad websites. My target markets are the US, UK, Canada, and Australia based clients. Unfortunately, I got none of the responses from them. I just couldn't land the clients. Maybe, they think it would be a less effective copy if they were to hire someone who is a non-English native speaker, like me, to write a compelling copy in plain English. Well, I had struggled with that for another 3 months before I quit.

And then, I decided to start a new career. It is a Life Insurance agent. It's been almost two months now since I applied to it. I heard those agents proudly say, you are building a business of your own by working as a life insurance agent. What you have to do is to keep talking to people every day and sell them the insurance. In addition to that, you have to recruit the new agents and build the sales team as your asset so that you'll be able to earn a big chunk of passive income after 5-10 years in this career.

To me, talking to people with the life insurance selling aim in mind makes me uncomfortable, awkward, and fear of losing a good friendship. Talking to a stranger is not that comfortable for me because I am an introvert. Plus, it's pretty difficult to sell life insurance to people in Thailand as they have a variety of objections and a bad experience in the past.

I'm curious to know what I should do to financially survive at this moment. Should I keep working as a life insurance agent or go find a 9-5 job, or start something new such as creating a course to solve people's problem and sell it online?

Does a "life insurance agent" career fall into CENTS, a 5-commandment Fastlane model?
Welcome! What are your goals and dreams in terms of income, I understand that Thailand has a lower cost of living? I mention this because I have had some experience hiring employees for projects over the last few years, and discovered many "pain points" as I looked for blog writers from the Philippines...

It appears that you are more highly skilled than many of the "second language" writers I have hired... I think it comes down to how skilled, fast and otherwise awesome you are ... and if you can do it for what your client thinks is an incredibly low price. If you can, make a nice "package" and offer it using Miller's formula!

What I discovered shopping in the Marxist Republic of the United States is that people wanted $50 for a 300-word blog post, which I could write in less than 30 minutes. Onlinejobs.ph was awesome, however, the people charging $3 for the same article made many," second language" errors and I would have to spend 15 minutes "fixing" it.

If you put together a particular package based on a need this group helps you identify, I wonder if you might get some business here, and then word of mouth could help you continue? :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Nanatchawat

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Sep 12, 2020
Rayong, Thailand
Welcome! What are your goals and dreams in terms of income, I understand that Thailand has a lower cost of living? I mention this because I have had some experience hiring employees for projects over the last few years, and discovered many "pain points" as I looked for blog writers from the Philippines...

It appears that you are more highly skilled than many of the "second language" writers I have hired... I think it comes down to how skilled, fast and otherwise awesome you are ... and if you can do it for what your client thinks is an incredibly low price. If you can, make a nice "package" and offer it using Miller's formula!

What I discovered shopping in the Marxist Republic of the United States is that people wanted $50 for a 300-word blog post, which I could write in less than 30 minutes. Onlinejobs.ph was awesome, however, the people charging $3 for the same article made many," second language" errors and I would have to spend 15 minutes "fixing" it.

If you put together a particular package based on a need this group helps you identify, I wonder if you might get some business here, and then word of mouth could help you continue? :)
Thank you for your comment. Good to know that my writing is much better than many of the "second language" writers you have hired.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...