The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Levin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Oct 15, 2019
Switzerland
Good afternoon from Switzerland!
I'm Levin, 15 years old, and I just joined the Forum
I'm about to drop out of school, I just can't listen to this shit that my teachers tell me in school...
May sound a bit radical, but look, what have I to loose?
I have 3 years time now to build something that's earning me income... (I've started investing in stocks 2 years ago)
And also here in Switzerland, we have the best social care system...
So, really, what the F*ck are those people thinking that tell me each and every day "HEY LEVIN, you're too young and the thing you wanna do is too risky!"
Seriously, where's the risk??? I mean I don't have a problem living below my means if i have to for reaching independence!
Ok, that's it for the first, looking forward to nice and interesting conversations with you guys!
Have a wonderful day,
greetings
Levin

PS. Sorry if my english isn't perfect

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
Hi Levin, welcome to the forum and glad to have you hear.

But please...
I'm about to drop out of school, I just can't listen to this shit that my teachers tell me in school...
finish school. You're only 15, this isn't college, this is the most basic to complete. It's already hard enough without a high school diploma, just finish up the last three years and get the high school diploma. College is another story. But just don't skip out on high school, time will fly by. Build something while you're attending school.

Levin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Oct 15, 2019
Switzerland
Hi Levin, welcome to the forum and glad to have you hear.

But please...

finish school. You're only 15, this isn't college, this is the most basic to complete. It's already hard enough without a high school diploma, just finish up the last three years and get the high school diploma. College is another story. But just don't skip out on high school, time will fly by. Build something while you're attending school.

Hey @Ocean Man :praise:
I know what you mean and I really understand!
I have finished school:thumbsup:
Here in Switzerland we have 9 years of school that we MUST absolve...
And I have the highest degree possible from this nine years:clap::
I have been building things since my 14th birthday... (So a have already a small income)
And yes, time will fly by, but I have an option A, B, C and D...
And here in Switzerland it really isn't risky at all:thumbsup:
Thanks for your answer, really appreciate it!

Levin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Oct 15, 2019
Switzerland
ç'est quoi ce merde...
(Pardon my French)

Being homeless.
Only do this if you're already making money. Don't be stupid.

#Landfill

Hey @UnrealCreative:clap::
I know... But being homeless in Switzerland isn't possible!:)
And I have the highest degree possible after nine years of school...
Also, my income isn't zero;)
So, like I said, I wouldn't have a problem to live few years at minimum:peace:
Thanks for your reply, really appreciate it!
Have a nice day!

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
Hey little dude. Welcome to the forum. Please, stop using emojis. They make ppl older than 20 twitchy.

If you’d like, will you explain Switzerland’s schooling system better? We want to make sure you have a solid grasp of what you’ll be losing before you give up on school.

Most of the forum is from America but we have ppl joining every day from all over the world. We’re not familiar with how you can have the “highest” degree in nine years.

How are you making an income?

Levin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Oct 15, 2019
Switzerland
Hey little dude. Welcome to the forum. Please, stop using emojis. They make ppl older than 20 twitchy.

If you’d like, will you explain Switzerland’s schooling system better? We want to make sure you have a solid grasp of what you’ll be losing before you give up on school.

Most of the forum is from America but we have ppl joining every day from all over the world. We’re not familiar with how you can have the “highest” degree in nine years.

How are you making an income?

Hey @Primeperiwinkle
Sure, I'll shortly explain that.
We have a kind of basic school, duration 6 years.
There I graduated with almost maximum grades.
Then there are 3 levels, let's say low, medium and high.
I have been in the high one for 2 years, then even moved to a special gymnasium for the last year of mandatory school.
Now, like I said, in Switzerland, we have one of the best social care systems, so homeless people basically don't exist.
And I really overthought many many times and also my parents did...
Now I'm at a point where I feel ready!
And I really know what I do, in my free time I work EVERY MINUTE on my business activities!
So, to your last question, my income is from my stock portfolio (not that much, but will grow) and from other partnerships (I manage asset of my grandparents and parents and take a fee for it)...
And the main income stream is a business in the Print on demand sector, there I sell T-Shirts and stuff on platforms like Spreadshirt, Redbubble, etc.

Thank you for taking care of me hehe.
Levin

Tullygetsfree

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Sep 29, 2019
Italy
Hey Levin! Welcome to TFLF :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what you wrote I understand that you have finished mandatory school, but not high school, right?

I'm from Italy, and here you must go to school until you are 16 (compulsory schooling) no matter what grade you're in.

If it's the same in Switzerland, then I'd suggest you keep going to school until you finish high school and get your diploma. You would miss out on a lot of opportunities and experiences that you can have only during that period of your life. And I know that it sounds like a waste of time, but believe me, it's not!

If it's not the same, do you mind explaining to us what happens after the 2-year high school? What are the possibilities, other than dropping out and work? :)

Levin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Oct 15, 2019
Switzerland
Hey Levin! Welcome to TFLF :)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but from what you wrote I understand that you have finished mandatory school, but not high school, right?

I'm from Italy, and here you must go to school until you are 16 (compulsory schooling) no matter what grade you're in.

If it's the same in Switzerland, then I'd suggest you keep going to school until you finish high school and get your diploma. You would miss out on a lot of opportunities and experiences that you can have only during that period of your life. And I know that it sounds like a waste of time, but believe me, it's not!

If it's not the same, do you mind explaining to us what happens after the 2-year high school? What are the possibilities, other than dropping out and work? :)

Hey @Tullygetsfree
Here in Switzerland, you can easily start working with 15, after your 9 year school experience, so if I wanted, I could go working, just the first 3 years I wouldn't earn much (about 1200 Swiss Francs per month), but that would be enough for me.
Like I said, I'm ready to live far below my means if i have to.
And I don't COMPLETLY drop out, I still would visit some english and computer science...
And also the social care system is one ob the best ( they give you about 600 Swiss francs plus an appartment for free)

Levin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Oct 15, 2019
Switzerland
Hi kid.

What are you going to start?

Do you have any idea?

Hey @Vairavan
Sure I have an idea
1. continuing investing at the stock market
2. continuing and expanding my partnerships where I manage other peoples money for a fee
3. scale my print on demand business on platforms like amazon, shopify, Redbubble and so on

Vairavan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 13, 2019
In your heart
Hey @Vairavan
Sure I have an idea
1. continuing investing at the stock market
2. continuing and expanding my partnerships where I manage other peoples money for a fee
3. scale my print on demand business on platforms like amazon, shopify, Redbubble and so on

I can't comment on 1 and 2.
For POD,if you can answer this questions I can give my 2 cents:
Is it your own design or you get your designs from freelancers?
Have you sold anything? What is your traffic source?
Do you have enough margin to cover the traffic costs?

Last edited:

YoungnBroke

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Jul 21, 2018
Hey Levin,
I'm happy to see a person even younger than me.
First of all I can understand that you don't like school because I hate it aswell.
We learn things that we won't need in our life and we don't even get paid.
But you have to do your A-Levels not for yourself but for your future. Under 18 it's really hard to open up a buisness in europe and you can use the time to go to school and develop a skill which is marketable, or even better come up with an idea for a company. (PS: Stop using so many emojis people can't take you serious)

Levin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Oct 15, 2019
Switzerland
I can't comment on 1 and 2.
For POD,if you can answer this questions I can give my 2 cents:
Is it your own design or you get your designs from freelancers?
Have you sold anything? What is your traffic source?
Do you have enough margin to cover the traffic costs?

@Vairavan
1. Both, I've got one Philippino designing for me, but I also do few myself... (outsourcing that later on)
2. Yes, I've sold 7 shirts now (I just do it for 2 months) and that is growing
3. Traffic source in only organic at the moment... (there's no sense to do FB ads if I don't know what's selling)

Levin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Oct 15, 2019
Switzerland
Hey Levin,
I'm happy to see a person even younger than me.
First of all I can understand that you don't like school because I hate it aswell.
We learn things that we won't need in our life and we don't even get paid.
But you have to do your A-Levels not for yourself but for your future. Under 18 it's really hard to open up a buisness in europe and you can use the time to go to school and develop a skill which is marketable, or even better come up with an idea for a company. (PS: Stop using so many emojis people can't take you serious)

@YoungnBroke
How old are you? (if I may ask)
As I said, I have plan B,C, and D if everything fails...
Here in Switzerland it's not that bad if you haven't a job...
Yeah, the one with the emojis, like you see, I'm negatively affected by toxic classmates:) (removed them from the post now, thanks for the info)

YoungnBroke

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
Jul 21, 2018
@YoungnBroke
How old are you? (if I may ask)
As I said, I have plan B,C, and D if everything fails...
Here in Switzerland it's not that bad if you haven't a job...
Yeah, the one with the emojis, like you see, I'm negatively affected by toxic classmates:) (removed them from the post now, thanks for the info)
I am 16.
And I think in switzerland you have a similiar system like we have in austria.
Maybe I just want to finish my school because the pressure of society here is really strong. If you have alternative plans I think it's good to 100% focus on your enterpreunership if it's easy with the law, because that is one of the biggest problems for me.

Tullygetsfree

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Sep 29, 2019
Italy
Hey @Tullygetsfree
Here in Switzerland (...)
And also the social care system is one ob the best ( they give you about 600 Swiss francs plus an appartment for free)

Thanks for all the explanation!
Would using the social care system now affect the chance to use it in the future?

1. Both, I've got one Philippino designing for me, but I also do few myself... (outsourcing that later on)
2. Yes, I've sold 7 shirts now (I just do it for 2 months) and that is growing

7 is better than 0 for sure, but I would wait and see if the numbers increase.

Another question! Could you enter some post-mandatory-school school and drop it later if you wanted, before finishing it? Does that level of study require fees? Is it expensive?

NickP

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
350%
Jul 25, 2019
I am 17 from USA. I am a freshman at university. I had similar thoughts to you, and man am I happy that I did not actualize them. Complete your basic schooling. I don't know what that consists of in Switzerland, but do all the schooling you can for free. Whatever you plan on pursuing can, without a shadow of a doubt, be pursued while you're in school. What are you doing at 15 that takes this much time? What qualifications, knowledge, or work is there?

Levin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Oct 15, 2019
Switzerland
I am 16.
And I think in switzerland you have a similiar system like we have in austria.
Maybe I just want to finish my school because the pressure of society here is really strong. If you have alternative plans I think it's good to 100% focus on your enterpreunership if it's easy with the law, because that is one of the biggest problems for me.

@YoungnBroke
Also du sprichst Deutsch? hehe
Yeah, pressure of society I also feel...
But I have to do it no matter what... I don't let me stop by some random people...
I really know the risks and so on but for me I know it's the right decision.

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019
Love your Height of Confidence
Go For it man!

Levin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Oct 15, 2019
Switzerland
Thanks for all the explanation!
Would using the social care system now affect the chance to use it in the future?

7 is better than 0 for sure, but I would wait and see if the numbers increase.

Another question! Could you enter some post-mandatory-school school and drop it later if you wanted, before finishing it? Does that level of study require fees? Is it expensive?

@Tullygetsfree
No, social care system ALWAYS counts... so that isn't an issue.
Yes, Print on demand, I'll have to do much more. But I think 7 sales for the first 2 months (I haven't done anything with E Commerce or SEO or something) is not that bad.
Yes, I could, it also isn't expensive. The only thing is that it would be a bit stressful because normally when you do that, you work beside the school and go to lessons in the evening, but also that, isn't a big issue i think.

Levin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Oct 15, 2019
Switzerland
I am 17 from USA. I am a freshman at university. I had similar thoughts to you, and man am I happy that I did not actualize them. Complete your basic schooling. I don't know what that consists of in Switzerland, but do all the schooling you can for free. Whatever you plan on pursuing can, without a shadow of a doubt, be pursued while you're in school. What are you doing at 15 that takes this much time? What qualifications, knowledge, or work is there?

@NickP
I understand that. If I were in the USA, I wouldn't consider that until I'd have really security income streams...
If I do all schooling for free possible, I can study for the next 10 years hehe...
And like I said in other comments, I have plan A, B, C and D...
So there is really 0 risk of becoming real trouble...

Abrodos

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Sep 25, 2019
Barcelona, Spain
Hi @Levin, it's really good to be so focused at such a young age. The younger you start learning, the higher your chances are of being able to retire at a younger age than most.

Not sure about your position about the social care system. I think you rely too much on it, and this might hinder your development as an entrepreneur.
Sometimes this "gift" (money from your parents, a good healthcare system, this "house and 600$ for free" policy) can leave you with no incentive to work hard. Also it can make you feel like "you're cheating", so, sometimes, some gifts (even the ones given with the best intentions) can be poisoned apples.
That's been happening to me since I was 20, and that's why my first 10 years of entrepreneurship have been so low-yelding. I've been focused in other projects (non-profit organizations), socializing too much, investing my time in low-yelding artistic endeavours, or just lazying around.
Keep in mind that if you survive the hardest conditions that means you will grow a lot when things get better.

Also, regarding investing portfolios, if you have never had a big money loss, keep in mind that it will eventually come, and the more confident you are in your abilities, the bigger the hit will be.

And last, in regards to the school dropping ideas, keep in mind that all the knowledge, self-development, money from others you manage, are not real indicators of how you're doing.
The only real indicator is "how much money I'm making monthly with my business".
When your business income is half of a normal salary, you can quit half the hours of your scripted job. When you make a full salary, you can dedicate full time and quit your job.
So I'd reccommend not quitting high school and developing your business during after school hours. As I said, learning to work in hard conditions, long hours, is essential to your development as an entrepreneur.

Anyway, that's my opinion. Take it with a grain of salt, I'm doing good with my business but I'm not a Fastlaner yet.

Hope you skyrocket! Do everything you can. 15 years is a huge advantage, get the most out of it.

PS:Your post has left me thinking about moving to Switzerland :)
David

Tullygetsfree

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Sep 29, 2019
Italy
If I do all schooling for free possible, I can study for the next 10 years hehe...

I'd happily go with that!

Truth is, you look like you've already made your mind so it's no use for us to try and convince you to do otherwise.

I do think you're being reckless, but I still wish you luck and success! ❤️

Levin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Oct 15, 2019
Switzerland
I'd happily go with that!

Truth is, you look like you've already made your mind so it's no use for us to try and convince you to do otherwise.

I do think you're being reckless, but I still wish you luck and success! ❤

@Tullygetsfree
You're right. I'll let you know about my progress or failure hehe
Thank you for your engagement!

Levin

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Oct 15, 2019
Switzerland
Hi @Levin, it's really good to be so focused at such a young age. The younger you start learning, the higher your chances are of being able to retire at a younger age than most.

Not sure about your position about the social care system. I think you rely too much on it, and this might hinder your development as an entrepreneur.
Sometimes this "gift" (money from your parents, a good healthcare system, this "house and 600$ for free" policy) can leave you with no incentive to work hard. Also it can make you feel like "you're cheating", so, sometimes, some gifts (even the ones given with the best intentions) can be poisoned apples.
That's been happening to me since I was 20, and that's why my first 10 years of entrepreneurship have been so low-yelding. I've been focused in other projects (non-profit organizations), socializing too much, investing my time in low-yelding artistic endeavours, or just lazying around.
Keep in mind that if you survive the hardest conditions that means you will grow a lot when things get better.

Also, regarding investing portfolios, if you have never had a big money loss, keep in mind that it will eventually come, and the more confident you are in your abilities, the bigger the hit will be.

And last, in regards to the school dropping ideas, keep in mind that all the knowledge, self-development, money from others you manage, are not real indicators of how you're doing.
The only real indicator is "how much money I'm making monthly with my business".
When your business income is half of a normal salary, you can quit half the hours of your scripted job. When you make a full salary, you can dedicate full time and quit your job.
So I'd reccommend not quitting high school and developing your business during after school hours. As I said, learning to work in hard conditions, long hours, is essential to your development as an entrepreneur.

Anyway, that's my opinion. Take it with a grain of salt, I'm doing good with my business but I'm not a Fastlaner yet.

Hope you skyrocket! Do everything you can. 15 years is a huge advantage, get the most out of it.

PS:Your post has left me thinking about moving to Switzerland :)
David

Hey @Abrodos
I really appreciate comments like yours! This is real advice!
The social care system is just plan D, so the last one if EVERYTHING fails (what basically can happen, but I don't think so)
I'm "hustling" now for over a year, I use every free minute for my plans, so I would say I really have the commitment. (I'm absolutely ready to work 14 hour days!)

The one with the stock portfolio, that's absolutely right! I've been investing in stocks since my 14th birthday (so almost 2 years) which isn't much, but I really investigated with the risks. And in the "mini recession" forth quarter of 2018, I saw my portfolio with a loss of 30 percent. I didn't care about that, cause I always knew I can't invest more money than I'm ready to loose. So I bought more during the mini recession and 3 months later I had a plus of 20 percent. I'd say I know how to deal with a financial crisis, and the next big one will come soon I think (speculation haha)

I calculated my minimum living costs and added 20 percent for safety. So I can easily live with 1300 swiss francs a month. And until I'm 19, I know I'm able to earn that amount per month, if I'm not, I have my plans B, C and D :)

Thanks a lot for your comment!

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
How is the Swiss welfare state is funded, do you know? Is it off of income taxes from people who are working in regular jobs?

I suggest making a serious study of the business you go into, while experimenting with it. Study successful brands in the wild. Read any related threads you can find here in the forum. Read business books and talk to people who've done similar things to what you want to do. Keep in mind that you are competing for people's attention and their resources. It's good to have fun with it, but put the serious work in too. Your 20, 30, and 40 year old selves will thank you.

fvcorp

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
308%
Nov 28, 2017
Canada
Levin,

I’m on your side. I had a similar path. I ended with three years of University, but I did leave school for awhile at 16.

What did I learn? High school was unimportant and University was only good to prove to myself that I could do it. I could have left after a year with the same satisfaction.

What was my most sobering lesson later on? Entrepreneurs do not require education, but VC and Grant money is often controlled by education. You’re unlikely to receive business loans, grants or capital investments without more school.

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
Levin,

I’m on your side. I had a similar path. I ended with three years of University, but I did leave school for awhile at 16.

What did I learn? High school was unimportant and University was only good to prove to myself that I could do it. I could have left after a year with the same satisfaction.

What was my most sobering lesson later on? Entrepreneurs do not require education, but VC and Grant money is often controlled by education. You’re unlikely to receive business loans, grants or capital investments without more school.

To further expand on this. I live in South Korea, you can't do anything here without a minimum of a bachelor's degree. Think about this if you ever plan to go abroad. It's not like that in all countries, but without a bachelor's degree here, I'm having to jump through a lot of hoops and I'm breaking down a lot of walls. I can't imagine how unnecessarily difficult it would be without even a full high school education.

D

Deleted72597

Welcome to the forums, Levin!
Take my words with a pinch of salt as I am very likely to have less success in the ways of numbers on a paper and dollar bills in my pocket than lots of other members of this forum. You seem like a kid with potential, someone who's not taking decisions lightly or being prone to giving up, someone who is also realistic. I think you're just the kind of kid who might just pull off quitting / down prioritizing school.

Make school fit in with your Fastlane journey instead of quitting.

Read or listen to audiobooks about people's journeys towards success. I believe it is very important for you to specifically focus on the "rough patches" in the stories because dealing with the hard times, setbacks and perceived failure and staying faithful to the journey are some of the hardest things to do with limited life experience.

And the main income stream is a business in the Print on-demand sector, there I sell T-Shirts and stuff on platforms like Spreadshirt, Redbubble, etc.

I am planning a business in the same "field" and will consider (not giving promises) working with you / brainstorming / mentoring / possibly collaborating etc. Send me a message if interested.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...