The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Should I start a business now? (I am 15 years old)

Erix

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Jul 26, 2022
I still procrastinate much and i do not know if i should start now, i know that i have to educate myself first by reading books and looking at posts in this forum but after reading a lot of books should i try to start? My brain says excuses like you are too young or wait till you are 18. I am also scared that i will not find a good idea to sell because right now my brain is empty of ideas.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kirk84

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
226%
Jun 9, 2020
Munich, Germany
You are wrong! My mom knows a lot about making money! she saves the money from her 9-5 and invests it in low risk stocks to get rich through compound interest so she can hopefully retire at 65!

Are you being sarcastic?

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
nevermind i cant even do it anymore. I just told my mom about it and she started telling me all the reasons why i shouldnt.
Your parents love you and want the best for you, but they usually have no idea what they're talking about - like most members of our society. Generally speaking, don't follow advice from people that are out of their depth. Want to learn business? Learn it from business people.

If I could go back in time when I was 15 I would have kept all my ideas secret, lock myself in my room, and work endlessly on my projects - without asking for advice or permission.

Just remember that what you do right now will forever be part of your history, and will affect you for decades. You are now building the foundation for your future life.

Saad Khan

Amazon Ads Guy
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Mar 14, 2021
Pakistan
Your parents love you and want the best for you, but they usually have no idea what they're talking about - like most members of our society. Generally speaking, don't follow advice from people that are out of their depth. Want to learn business? Learn it from business people.

If I could go back in time when I was 15 I would have kept all my ideas secret, lock myself in my room, and work endlessly on my projects - without asking for advice or permission.

Just remember that what you do right now will forever be part of your history, and will affect you for decades. You are now building the foundation for your future life.
Couldn't have said it better.

perchboy

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
321%
Aug 7, 2022
Toronto, Canada
I have a headache trying to wrap my head around how what your MOM thinks actually matters.

WHO GIVES A F*ck WHAT YOUR MOM THINKS

Tell her it’s a school project for charity and you have to go volunteer brushing moss off of a driveway or whatever for old bitches at a nursing home.
alright man i will start it anyways but i cant wrao my head around people paying $500 for me to clean their roofs. like what if i finish the service and then they dont like it or if they expect me to use chemicals and shit? i just feel like im going to F*ck something up man. i dont even know anything. like am i supposed to blow it off the roof or blow it into a bag or something

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
631%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
alright man i will start it anyways but i cant wrao my head around people paying $500 for me to clean their roofs. like what if i finish the service and then they dont like it or if they expect me to use chemicals and shit? i just feel like im going to F*ck something up man. i dont even know anything. like am i supposed to blow it off the roof or blow it into a bag or something
Just msg me

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
I still procrastinate much and i do not know if i should start now, i know that i have to educate myself first by reading books and looking at posts in this forum but after reading a lot of books should i try to start? My brain says excuses like you are too young or wait till you are 18. I am also scared that i will not find a good idea to sell because right now my brain is empty of ideas.
Being young is not really an obstacle to dabble in business. I remember trading Digimon cards and flipping toys even when I was 10-11. Lots of kids were doing it. We didn’t know business fundamental and were just blindly selling a mark up. Because our customers are kids too they are just blindly buying based on mood and how much pocket money they were given.

But I would say the business landscape is a lot different compared to 30 years ago, where in the past people with biggest grit and balls tend to be the biggest winner.

The most successful business people that you read in news are now all A students in school. The cliche of C student running business hiring A students to work for them is an exception rather than the Norm because A students can just do better, building business with higher barrier, knowing better business partners and better access to capital.

The best bet for a teenager is still to max up your high school education achievement, identify good business schools that have a vibrant entrepreneurship culture, access to alumni funding and investment.

You are already a decade a head of your peers who will only wake up from shit jobs years after their college graduation.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
631%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
1. they do pay. look at how easy this is.
image0.jpeg
image1.jpeg

2. Tell them on the phone "the best way to clean off moss is by brushing it off. Soft washing is for black algae which you likely don't have, and it's much more expensive". You just brush off the moss, put moss-out powder on the roof, and you're done.

3. If you don't know anything, then just ask. I'm literally telling you everything lol.

You want to start a business but have no ideas. I'm literally telling you a complete copy-paste business that you can start immediately, and start making well over $100/hr without having to take a day of schooling, get any qualification, a business license, a bank account, have access to any super special equipment, or have any substantial upfront capital.

What else are you looking for? lol

You will never do anything if you are still in the mindset where you think you need mommys approval. This is as easy and basic as it gets.

LiveEntrepreneur

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Aug 17, 2017
Australia
F*ck school

Go advertise and start offering some services that people will pay big bucks for.

Get a broom and a ladder and a leaf blower and go clean off peoples' roofs and make over 10k a month without a boss.

Go back to school and tell all your teachers they're stupid and you make more money than them.

Buy a 67 mustang with your own money when you turn 16

Hit the gym and date every hot chick in your school.

Use your cash for other business ideas

When you get rolling with a business that you can scale, move out, get a sick house and be a badass by the time you're 19.

All this stuff is totally doable and one of my dreams is that some teenager actually says "F*ck it, I'll listen to this dude" and actually does it and makes 200k a year when he's still a teenager.

Meanwhile almost everyone else will read it and go "interesting idea!" and then go back to being a nerd and becoming an office worker for 35k a year and then when they're 40 they write an introductory post here like "hey guys, I'm looking to get into the fastlane, any tips?!"
This is good shit though can be impossible for some people if their parents don't allow them, assuming they are under 18.

LiveEntrepreneur

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
79%
Aug 17, 2017
Australia
Don't go into the self-help, self-improvement BS. Jump straight into action and do everything that you want to do right now.

Don't get too attached to the idea that you're 15. Time flies unbelievably fast, even though you can't really grasp this because your brain is not fully developed yet and you live with the illusion that everything will stay the same forever. It won't.

You're very lucky to be on this forum and have this ambition at your age. Now it's the perfect time to do everything you want. You will be able to learn things more quickly than most adults, so you're actually at a huge advantage. The only condition is that you start taking action immediately and keep working until you get the desired results. As I've said, life goes by very quickly.
This. I did this for years and I accomplished F*ck all. You don't learn anything in life from reading self help books that have nothing to do with your life and your challenges.
als

nevermind i cant even do it anymore. I just told my mom about it and she started telling me all the reasons why i shouldnt. she said that roofs dont need to be cleaned (idk i live in canada), people clean their roofs themselves, and she told me to go get a real job instead. what am i supposed to do now? in the past ive shovelled my neighbours driveway in the winter but i got paid peanuts. ive been brainstorming business ideas for 1 week after i finished reading unscripted but they are all shit and my mom probably wont let me.
I completely understand man, I had a similar problem when I was under 18. Parents wouldn't even let me get a job and there wasn't really anything I could do. Even after I turned 18 I would still have this problem. It just takes a lot of courage to go against your parents wishes.

Here's some advice for when you turn 18. Don't do what I did, and decide to not do what you want because out of fear from your parents. I have painful regrets even years after the events, some which I thought about every day. Trust me man when I say follow your own intuition, do what YOU want. F*ck what your parents want. I valued my parents opinion too much and I paid the price for it and still am, and I'm still making the mistake to a certain degree. The regret is bloody painful, please try to avoid following your parents advice out of fear. Though it can be difficult to follow this advice because there could be repercussions, I don't know what your life is like. Some people could even get kicked out of their home if they don't listen to their parents, so it's tough.

I've asked my self in the past, "What would I do if I were living on my own?", I asked this because they wouldn't really have any influence on me which means I'm making my own decisions and there is no one to destroy my confidence (which my parents were experts at). And I had a list of things that I wanted to do in life, and though to myself "these are the things I need to do".

tenacity

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Dec 16, 2021
UK

Well said!

RayanMargham

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Aug 14, 2022
F*ck school

Go advertise and start offering some services that people will pay big bucks for.

Get a broom and a ladder and a leaf blower and go clean off peoples' roofs and make over 10k a month without a boss.

Go back to school and tell all your teachers they're stupid and you make more money than them.

Buy a 67 mustang with your own money when you turn 16

Hit the gym and date every hot chick in your school.

Use your cash for other business ideas

When you get rolling with a business that you can scale, move out, get a sick house and be a badass by the time you're 19.

All this stuff is totally doable and one of my dreams is that some teenager actually says "F*ck it, I'll listen to this dude" and actually does it and makes 200k a year when he's still a teenager.

Meanwhile almost everyone else will read it and go "interesting idea!" and then go back to being a nerd and becoming an office worker for 35k a year and then when they're 40 they write an introductory post here like "hey guys, I'm looking to get into the fastlane, any tips?!"
You're dream might come true, I'm a 15 year old like the OP and I'm going to achieve my dreams by putting in the hard work and the grind

K1 Lambo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 11, 2021
Oslo
Brother, there is never a time too late. My little brother, who just turned 18 two months ago bought himself a Porsche Cayenne and a Mercedes-Benz A Class, all in cash. He started his stuff when he was 12, selling supreme merchandise through Finn.no and Allegro.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.