The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello Amazing People, My Very First Post Here!

Larry AA

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Feb 21, 2022
Hi everyone!

How're things going with you all?

My name is Larry and I'm 20 years old.

I joined this forum from MJ's book after reading it for the second time last week.

It was a great read though.

But you see, I must be true to you guys, I seem confused on how to start and from where to start from after reading the book.

I don't know the right direction to go now.

I need help.

I need advice.

Anyone?

I believe most of you have passed this stage that I'm right now.

Please what did you do better?

How you got started and going ?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

p0stscript

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Feb 7, 2018
UK
Welcome to the forum Larry

As you will have read beginning the “Fastlane” lies in the commandments CENTS (Control, Entry, Need, Time and Scale). Can you see a need that would help thousands where you are now? To paraphrase MJ, if you can’t expose a need or a solution respective to where you are now, "you have to expand your mindset to the world and the other roads that serve them". Be open to opportunities, you will come across needs everywhere , once you have found a need consider if you can create a business that solves that need on a massive scale? Keep looking, keep trying, don't sit around but do sometimes. Although, remember do it for for the right reason, "to fill a void in the marketplace or to do something better than anyone else", not to chase the money.
Best of luck with endeavour.

Paul

Last edited:

Leo Hartas

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
May 17, 2018
United Kingdom

As you will have read beginning the “Fastlane” lies in the commandments CENTS (Control, Entry, Need, Time and Scale). Can you see a need that would help thousands where you are now? To paraphrase MJ, if you can’t expose a need or a solution respective to where you are now, "you have to expand your mindset to the world and the other roads that serve them". Be open to opportunities, you will come across needs everywhere , once you have found a need consider if you can create a business that solves that need on a massive scale? Keep looking, keep trying, don't sit around but do sometimes. Although, remember do it for for the right reason, "to fill a void in the marketplace or to do something better than anyone else", not to chase the money.

Paul
Welcome Larry

I think Paul is right, but sometimes it's hard to find those ideas. On the theme of take action now.. One thing you could try is writing a massive list of things that may interest you. Keep expanding it with everything in every corner you can think of. Really let your imagination run wild. Then start paring it down by researching and asking people where they think there are gaps in service or product. It's a mental exercise that helps you see possibilities that you may not have thought of before.

Another thing is the 'lemonade stand' approach. Years ago I used to take a table at comic conventions selling my drawings and other niknaks. It was so helpful in that it cost little and I learnt so much about the business/customer relationship. You could collect a load of junk you or others want to get rid of or buy a small pile of cheap bulk items from Ebay and take a table at a local market, boot sale, etc and just see what sells at what price, what profit, etc. even if you don't go on to make this a business you will learn pricing, value and how to engage with the public in a buy/sell situation.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome aboard my friend.

Larry AA

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Feb 21, 2022

Paul
Wow, thanks much for reaching out here. I'll follow the suggestions you've made and start been open to opportunities and needs I'll prefer solutions to.

Thanks again.

Btw, how're things going ?

Larry AA

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Feb 21, 2022
Welcome Larry

I think Paul is right, but sometimes it's hard to find those ideas. On the theme of take action now.. One thing you could try is writing a massive list of things that may interest you. Keep expanding it with everything in every corner you can think of. Really let your imagination run wild. Then start paring it down by researching and asking people where they think there are gaps in service or product. It's a mental exercise that helps you see possibilities that you may not have thought of before.

Another thing is the 'lemonade stand' approach. Years ago I used to take a table at comic conventions selling my drawings and other niknaks. It was so helpful in that it cost little and I learnt so much about the business/customer relationship. You could collect a load of junk you or others want to get rid of or buy a small pile of cheap bulk items from Ebay and take a table at a local market, boot sale, etc and just see what sells at what price, what profit, etc. even if you don't go on to make this a business you will learn pricing, value and how to engage with the public in a buy/sell situation.

Amazing! Amazing!

You've really made some powerful points I'll start of with taking action now. Especially, the "lemonade approach" you talked about. And I even have some shoes and clothes I would like to get rid of here. But I'm wondering if people can be able to buy them?

Thanks for reaching out here!

Btw, how're things going?

datahound

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 10, 2010
Hi everyone!

How're things going with you all?

My name is Larry and I'm 20 years old.

I joined this forum from MJ's book after reading it for the second time last week.

It was a great read though.

But you see, I must be true to you guys, I seem confused on how to start and from where to start from after reading the book.

I don't know the right direction to go now.

I need help.

I need advice.

Anyone?

I believe most of you have passed this stage that I'm right now.

Please what did you do better?

How you got started and going ?

Hello Larry,

I'm new to the forum too. I'm 58 years old and I've been running my current business for the last 20 years.

My advice to you at 20, get lots of experience. Try lots of things, put yourself in many place and situations where you can grow.

If you are not a software engineer or already have some experience that you can start a business soon, then take a job in the industry that most appeals to you so you can get experience and build a network for your future.

Sales is a key skill, if you start your own business you will always need to sell so I would look there.

Sales leaders are the CEO of the company, not the accountants or the tech managers.

Sales people lead companies forward, no sales, no business.

Then while you are sharpening your tools keep your eyes open for the opportunity you can make your own.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Larry AA

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Feb 21, 2022
Hello Larry,

I'm new to the forum too. I'm 58 years old and I've been running my current business for the last 20 years.

My advice to you at 20, get lots of experience. Try lots of things, put yourself in many place and situations where you can grow.

If you are not a software engineer or already have some experience that you can start a business soon, then take a job in the industry that most appeals to you so you can get experience and build a network for your future.

Sales is a key skill, if you start your own business you will always need to sell so I would look there.

Sales leaders are the CEO of the company, not the accountants or the tech managers.

Sales people lead companies forward, no sales, no business.

Then while you are sharpening your tools keep your eyes open for the opportunity you can make your own.
Okay, thanks much.

I was wondering if you could recommend some stuffs that will help me to develop my sales skills?

codewareltd

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Feb 23, 2022
Hey Larry,

Here, I am also new and very glad to join this forum. I am a software developer. I will happy to share my ideas if anyone wants help from me. And also let me know please if I do any rules-breaking work.

Thank you...!

Larry AA

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Feb 21, 2022
Hey Larry,

Here, I am also new and very glad to join this forum. I am a software developer. I will happy to share my ideas if anyone wants help from me. And also let me know please if I do any rules-breaking work.

Thank you...!
You are most welcome to the forum buddy.

I joined the forum after reading MJ's book and I have been having some amazing experience here.

I have been reading some astonishing threads and post here and I must say that I have learnt a whole lot and still learning.

Btw, I'm an email copywriter but I have been finding it very hard to get client's.

Welcome again to the forum!

Larry

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.