The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Grant Cardone is off his rocker...

daivey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Apr 6, 2014
I really enjoyed GC in the past, however, after his Jordan Belfort interview I lost all my respect for him.
Jordan ripped him to Shreds... GC sole purpose on his show was to rip JB apart, but JB is quick on his feet and a master conversationalist, completely owned GC.

To make things even better... MEET KEVIN on Youtube, also ripped GC apart.... then went on the JB show and gave a run down between how GC tried to sue MeetKevin.. This is nuts.

You guys need to check this out..

Moral: GC is trash and a faker. He's also a butt hurt little bitch.. for someone that struts around like he's king shit... total trash. Do not waste your time with this guy.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
haha yeah, very embarrassing interview for GC. You see what a fragile ego looks like compared to a strong one.

Dan_Cardone

Losers make excuses. Winners find solutions.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Jul 23, 2019
People see my last name and assume I'm a GC fan... I'm not.

I don't like to talk shit about people behind their back but I will say, Grant's sells stuff kinda sucks compared to other stuff out there.

JBs stuff is good IF you have enough EQ to use it without turning into an overly pushy salesmen. I always tell guys new to sales to start with JBs stuff and then start building on top of it with lots of practice and material from guys like Jeb Blount and Mike Wineburg.

daivey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Apr 6, 2014
People see my last name and assume I'm a GC fan... I'm not.

I don't like to talk shit about people behind their back but I will say, Grant's sells stuff kinda sucks compared to other stuff out there.

JBs stuff is good IF you have enough EQ to use it without turning into an overly pushy salesmen. I always tell guys new to sales to start with JBs stuff and then start building on top of it with lots of practice and material from guys like Jeb Blount and Mike Wineburg.
GC has some good stuff for sure... I'm just shocked by his character after seeing him in full action on the JB interview.

Crazy.

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
If you know his history it makes perfect sense. Ex coke fiend that lost his father when he was pretty young and dealt with a single mother with not much money raising three kids. GC is always trying to prove that he's valuable. He still isn't sure.

Dan_Cardone

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Jul 23, 2019
I will say this though: GC is partly right about NLP being B.S.

As a certified master practitioner of NLP I'd like to think I have a pretty solid grasp on it. Whenever someone ask me about learning NLP I tell them to save time and just go learn basic social skills, basic psychological influence techniques, and sales skills. When you remove all the pseudoscience BS from NLP that is all you are left with!

daivey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Apr 6, 2014
I will say this though: GC is partly right about NLP being B.S.

As a certified master practitioner of NLP I'd like to think I have a pretty solid grasp on it. Whenever someone ask me about learning NLP I tell them to save time and just go learn basic social skills, basic psychological influence techniques, and sales skills. When you remove all the pseudoscience BS from NLP that is all you are left with!

Jordan never emphasized NLP though... so it's like random off base comments by GC to get something "right" on the show..

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019
JB: I love Sales Training
GC: I don't like Sales

JB: Did you like your old Job?
GC: I had to like my Job - I had to Fish the Fishing

JB: I think there are 2 types of Buyers: Buyers or Non-Buyers
GC: All People are Buyers.

GC: It's about Hits & Volume. There is no TRICK

Last edited:

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
Jordan never emphasized NLP though... so it's like random off base comments by GC to get something "right" on the show..

Well he does talk about NLP some in SLP and The Way of the Wolf.

But he likes it to use on yourself, not on others. He more so likes olfactory programming too. I do like NLP in general, but it's something that takes a very long time.

daivey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Apr 6, 2014
JB: I love Sales Training
GC: I don't like Sales

JB: Did you like your old Job?
GC: I had to like my Job - I had to Fish the Fishing

JB: I think there are 2 types of Buyers: Buyers or Non-Buers
GC: All People are Buyers.

GC: It's about Hits & Volume. There is no TRICK
then GC goes on to talk about
"the trick is getting the guy to buy the $100 program for $50,000"

lol

GoodluckChuck

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Feb 2, 2017
my house
I look at GC as a great example of what high volume action can do. He's not particularly talented or anything, but he works like a madman and it shows. He has built quite the empire and promotes living a legit life of character.

I know less about JB but I've read and listened to his book and watched a few videos he's put out. He strikes me as someone with a lot of talent. If you know his story you know that he abused that talent and paid dearly.

I think we can learn some things from both of them while being aware that they are both just people and people have flaws and make mistakes.

Last edited:

Schonox

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
May 25, 2019
JB is a major conman who had a movie made after him. He failed in life and he's only worth a fraction nowadays of what he was once worth. Why would you want to listen to a convicted fellon anyway?

Oh I remember him calling for the imminent collapse of Bitcoin. Still waiting for it.

Don't get me started on 'Meet Kevin'. His greatest accomplishment is tying his name to Grant Cardone's. He's a slimy 2-faced salesman worth jack shit.

On the contrary to GC who actually is worth A LOT of money (NW around $300 million currently) and who isn't piggybacking on anyone. I have a lot of respect for what he has accomplished so far.

Schonox

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
May 25, 2019
Oh and just compare a book like 10X with the Wolf of Wallstreet. May toss the latter.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
JB is a major conman who had a movie made after him. He failed in life and he's only worth a fraction nowadays of what he was once worth. Why would you want to listen to a convicted fellon anyway?

Oh I remember him calling for the imminent collapse of Bitcoin. Still waiting for it.

Don't get me started on 'Meet Kevin'. His greatest accomplishment is tying his name to Grant Cardone's. He's a slimy 2-faced salesman worth jack shit.

On the contrary to GC who actually is worth A LOT of money (NW around $300 million currently) and who isn't piggybacking on anyone. I have a lot of respect for what he has accomplished so far.

I'm not a fan of Jordan Belfort, and I really can't stand Kevin the Kvetcher, but it's probably not a good idea to engage in hero worship. Cardone is just a man. Learn from what you can, but don't put him on a pedestal.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas

Lots of words, but very little meaning to them...

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
I'm not a fan of Jordan Belfort, and I really can't stand Kevin the Kvetcher, but it's probably not a good idea to engage in hero worship. Cardone is just a man. Learn from what you can, but don't put him on a pedestal.
What's wrong with Kevin?

He's a bit eccentric at times and no doubt is punching upwards but his advice is solid.

Dan_Cardone

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Jul 23, 2019
While I can't read the future I wouldn't be surprised at all if this 'feud' gets even bigger (and bring more attention to the both of them) before they "make friends" and come out with a $997 10 DVD sales program together. That Kevin guy, whoever he is, can do the introductions on DVD 1.

Reminds me of the fake twitter feuds thats up and coming rappers will engage in for publicity. Is this feud actually fake? Probably not but it wouldn't surprise me if it was.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Is TLDW a thing?

I don't know or pay attention to any of the folks mentioned, or follow them. Can someone give me the TLDW of the supposed "feud"? I don't understand what's there to feud about; they're both salesmen trying to sell you something. Perhaps this "feud" is clever way to incite more clicks, more likes, and more sales.

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
779%
May 5, 2014
Is TLDW a thing?

I don't know or pay attention to any of the folks mentioned, or follow them. Can someone give me the TLDW of the supposed "feud"? I don't understand what's there to feud about; they're both salesmen trying to sell you something. Perhaps this "feud" is clever way to incite more clicks, more likes, and more sales.

Grant cardone went on Jordan Belforts podcast and Cardones ego basically wouldnt allow him to answer any questions that Belfort was genuinely curious about.

Cardone insulted, made fun of, and showed his lack of sales skills here:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ls3KDa7PMY&t=172s

After the interview, Belfort made a video basically calling him an idiot.
Cardone responded saying he's an idiot.

The Meet Kevin guy responded to the interview in a Youtube video and went on Belfort's podcast after Jordan asked him to come on. When he came on he explained how Grant is suing him and how his team physically assaulted him.

Thats the jist of what I've followed.

EDIT: The comment section on that video is a gold mine if you're looking for a laugh

James Klymus

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Dec 28, 2018
Chicago, Illinois
I used to watch a lot of GC's content, and jordan's. Back when I thought I wanted to be a stock broker and be exactly like jordan in the wolf of wall street (lmaoo) I used to partake in hero worship of these guys.

In fact I'd hero worship any guru who told me what I wanted to hear. Then I grew up and realized they were just people too, and it was a waste of my time to continue listening to them.

All the motivational self help stuff helped me when I was new to entrepreneurship, then it got old and I was led here.

In my opinion, this is akin to keeping up with the kardashians drama, but within our own community

reedracer

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Jun 2, 2019
Kansas City
Hahaha! I'm not much of a 'watcher' either. I'll read a 2000 word TL;DR long before I sit thru a 20 minute video, let alone over an hour.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
"Cardone University is one division, [but] there are 16 companies.

There are two versions. Individual and corporate.

Corporate is around 40-80k a year. We have around 1,400 companies on there"

So that is between 56 - 112 million a year from one part of one business of a total of 16 businesses.

No comment on the drama but those are big figures.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
"Cardone University is one division, [but] there are 16 companies.

There are two versions. Individual and corporate.

Corporate is around 40-80k a year. We have around 1,400 companies on there"

So that is between 56 - 112 million a year from one part of one business of a total of 16 businesses.

No comment on the drama but those are big figures.
Yep. Big numbers no lie.

But GCs “trick” is to charge individuals $1k, and companies $80k for essentially the same product.

babyballer

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Jul 16, 2018
I really enjoyed GC in the past, however, after his Jordan Belfort interview I lost all my respect for him.
Jordan ripped him to Shreds... GC sole purpose on his show was to rip JB apart, but JB is quick on his feet and a master conversationalist, completely owned GC.

To make things even better... MEET KEVIN on Youtube, also ripped GC apart.... then went on the JB show and gave a run down between how GC tried to sue MeetKevin.. This is nuts.

You guys need to check this out..

Moral: GC is trash and a faker. He's also a butt hurt little bitch.. for someone that struts around like he's king shit... total trash. Do not waste your time with this guy.

People who love watching GC seem to have a lot of time on their hands. I never understand this.

TCMorgan

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
526%
Feb 19, 2016
It's a shame to see GC going the direction he's headed. Sell or be Sold and Closer's Survival guide are great resources, and Cardone University is an effective sales curriculum. I've even met him in person and he was personable and fairly reserved.

I'd say this interview was just the result of him feeling intimidated, but all of his content has been pretty low-value lately.

Regardless, I'll take the same stance with him that I take with all gurus, thought leads, coaches, etc.: Extract value when extraction is possible and ignore the rest.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.