The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Jordan Belfort vs Grant Cardone

Marketing, social media, advertising
G

Guest1413tpa

Enron? Really? @MrTrash757 why? Is number fudging on accounting documents really that cool to you? Are you a member of the Bernie Madoff fan club too?
Sarcasm never carries well over the internet. What they did was wrong. There is no if, and or but. I

However, their spirit of pushing the limits is what is interesting, and its always interested me about those types of fraudsters. I like doing the same through legal measures only.

The sweatshirt also gets looks and funny comments, so its good to brighten people's days.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ReeZ

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Oct 9, 2016
Haha why? Have you watched the podcast? Grant was honestly spewing non-sense after nonsense... "no interest is still a level of interest" :rofl:

To be honest, JB would have been way wealthier than GC if the gov didn't take his business away. He wasn't doing anything "less legit" than other companies of the kind in his day and age. He's just the one that got caught.
I have watched the podcast. They are just speaking on different paradigms and speaking past each other.

Grant's advice makes no sense coming from a sales-person perspective but from a CEO, or a larger business perspective? His makes more sense.

If people are not interested in your fish, you don't try to convince them. You find out what they want and get that to them. Even if you could convince them it will take more time than knowing who your customers are, and who they aren't.

Everyone is a buyer, they may not be YOUR buyer - you can still figure out how to get a piece of the pie by referring someone they would buy from instead of you. That's not just who they buy from, but what they buy. (Who, what, when, where)

As long you are in front of a person, you have a chance of selling them something, it just may not be what they or you expected.

DoingDeals

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
May 13, 2021
Talked with Grant Cardone yesterday trying to make a connection with a billionaire real estate investor & it didn't work out the way as expected.

doster.zach

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
197%
Oct 14, 2021
Missouri
I can't find the og video of Grant Cardone but here is one of those "inspirational" channels with the audio:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlhW9IwUGsw

This one I think he gets a bad rep for because it's cut up to say that he thinks you should never buy a home because he owns apartments, so it comes off as slimy.

Last edited:

DoingDeals

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
May 13, 2021
Just talked to Grant Cardone & did a deal today I'm going to turn it into an NFT.

Last edited:

andyhaus44

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
May 17, 2017
St. Charles, MO
While I thoroughly enjoyed the Wolf of Wall Street for the hustle and comedy... Count me down for Grant Cardone.

He is a lot more wealthy than JB. The jet he has certainly isn't "fake." He also did it in a win-win capitalist way... Which is sustainable and won't land him in prison or bankrupt him. Reputation is huge if you want to build something that lasts.

Lauding someone for being awesome at selling fraud isn't my thing. He may be reformed, but he is still riding this "back in the glory days" and "I'm awesome for being the wolf" thing. I wouldn't do business with him.

What I saw in the video was just some crude attempt at gotcha journalism. A ploy IMO to capitalize on GC's greater popularity with a viral video. It probably helped him a bit... But here is the deal, it is uncomfortable to be put on the spot like that. I don't care who you are. The video made JB look desperate to me.

Grant is not really sales IMO. He is more hustle motivation. I feel like I could actually enjoy the company of GC whereas I just don't relate to the bro dozer JB lifestyle.

Enron? Really? @MrTrash757 why? Is number fudging on accounting documents really that cool to you? Are you a member of the Bernie Madoff fan club too?

You guys that know my posts or listen to the show know the below image resonates with me.

View attachment 35866
@Kak,

I agree with you that Grant is the king of hustle motivation. If I need inspiration, I either listen to GC's 100 ways to stay motivated audio or one of his short videos on YouTube, but that's as far as I will go with his content.

Woosah

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
235%
Jan 6, 2022
*shrugs* I tend to pay more attention to the message than the messenger.

Old-school martial arts theory: Take what works for you, discard what doesn't, and implement it in your own way.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.