The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Got Deported from Russia and was in jail in Turkey - my short, life story

BrunoRastablasta

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Sep 20, 2018
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Heya everyone,

Just wanted to drop a hello on this forum.
Found it through reading MJ's books - currently on page 306/450 with UNSCRIPTED .

A couple of interesting facts about me.

• Got deported from Russia and ended up in jail in Turkey - all in the same month. But learned how to handle stress and uncertainty with this.
  • Lead a youth organization with 190 members
  • Started reading 20 pages of a non-fiction book a day. It accumulated into 47 books last year
  • Started writing 500 words a day. It accumulated into 289 755 words last year (it's the equivalent of 5 books even though I wrote none).
  • Have a blog on my native language (yeah, I write in Croatian as well so shout out to the Balkan people here) brunoboksic.com where I write an article every single Tuesday. I haven't missed a single one in the past 97 weeks- Wohooo :D :D
  • Currently work as a freelance content writer - niches of relationship/productivity
  • Working on my business at the moment: Building and maintaining habits even if you're unmotivated, burned out, or a quitter (still working on the target audience for this)
I did a lot more shit earlier in my life from teaching storytelling in 7 countries and traveling to more than 20 countries by convincing my government and university to pay for it all (storytelling really pays off well).

Really looking forward to contributing some of my nuggets to this forum because I know this is an action-taking, not an action-faking group, which takes a piece of advice and acts on it.

Oh yeah, I'm 26 years old and living in Mostar, Bosnia and Herzegovina atm.

Cheers,
-Bruno

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Yikes, how was the Turkish prison?

BrunoRastablasta

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Sep 20, 2018
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Yikes, how was the Turkish prison?
Terrible but I am grateful for that experience. It gave me a thick skin which prepared me for a lot of things later in life.

You can either be a sad shit about your life or a happy poo :p

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
I haven't missed a single one in the past 97 weeks- Wohooo :D :D

Welcome Bruno and congratulations on 97 weeks. That is a lot of X's on your calendar. :smile2:

As a fellow habit junkie I too am building a business on hacking behaviour through habit change and formation.

Got deported from Russia and ended up in jail in Turkey - all in the same month. But learned how to handle stress and uncertainty with this.

Now that would have been a very bad month. I've been to Turkey but would never want to spend time behind bars there. Not the same thing but I was the subject of a 3 day court trial once, and know that, once you have been through something like that, is certainly makes you stronger.

Fascinated to learn more about your teaching storytelling.

Looking forward to following your journey and your contributions.

RC

BrunoRastablasta

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Sep 20, 2018
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Welcome Bruno and congratulations on 97 weeks. That is a lot of X's on your calendar. :smile2:

As a fellow habit junkie I too am building a business on hacking behaviour through habit change and formation.

Now that would have been a very bad month. I've been to Turkey but would never want to spend time behind bars there. Not the same thing but I was the subject of a 3 day court trial once, and know that, once you have been through something like that, is certainly makes you stronger.

Fascinated to learn more about your teaching storytelling.

Looking forward to following your journey and your contributions.

RC
Thanks for the awesome reply, RC :D

Yeah, I have joined just days ago, but I intend to keep myself here for a long time (and have my 97 weeks as a proof of discipline).

Cheers,

Longinus

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
441%
Aug 28, 2014
Poland / Belgium
Welcome, I went 3 times to your hometown already. Beautiful place.

mostar-2.jpg

Your website looks nice too btw.

bilkar1985

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Sep 4, 2018
Greece
Welcome fellow Balkanian! Greetings from Athens, Greece! I haven't been to a turkish prison (yet) but I think it was no easy time there!

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrunoRastablasta

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Sep 20, 2018
Bosnia and Herzegovina

bilkar1985

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Sep 4, 2018
Greece
Cheers for all the Malakas in Greece :p (best...word...ever!!!!)

bwahahahahhhaha that could've been my nickname! [emoji23][emoji108]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MashaN

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Sep 24, 2018
Canada, AB
Heya everyone,

Just wanted to drop a hello on this forum.
Found it through reading MJ's books - currently on page 306/450 with UNSCRIPTED .

A couple of interesting facts about me.

• Got deported from Russia and ended up in jail in Turkey - all in the same month. But learned how to handle stress and uncertainty with this.
  • Lead a youth organization with 190 members
  • Started reading 20 pages of a non-fiction book a day. It accumulated into 47 books last year
  • Started writing 500 words a day. It accumulated into 289 755 words last year (it's the equivalent of 5 books even though I wrote none).
  • Have a blog on my native language (yeah, I write in Croatian as well so shout out to the Balkan people here) brunoboksic.com where I write an article every single Tuesday. I haven't missed a single one in the past 97 weeks- Wohooo :D :D
  • Currently work as a freelance content writer - niches of relationship/productivity
  • Working on my business at the moment: Building and maintaining habits even if you're unmotivated, burned out, or a quitter (still working on the target audience for this)
I did a lot more sh*t earlier in my life from teaching storytelling in 7 countries and traveling to more than 20 countries by convincing my government and university to pay for it all (storytelling really pays off well).

Really looking forward to contributing some of my nuggets to this forum because I know this is an action-taking, not an action-faking group, which takes a piece of advice and acts on it.

Oh yeah, I'm 26 years old and living in Mostar, Bosnia and Herzegovina atm.

Cheers,
-Bruno

You have quite a life-story so far! Are you planning on writing a book one day?
I'm a new member myself, was born in Russia, grew up in Ukraine, came to Canada when I turned 18.
Welcome to the site! Looking forward to seeing your progress and learn more about the challenges you had to overcome.

BrunoRastablasta

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Sep 20, 2018
Bosnia and Herzegovina
You have quite a life-story so far! Are you planning on writing a book one day?
I'm a new member myself, was born in Russia, grew up in Ukraine, came to Canada when I turned 18.
Welcome to the site! Looking forward to seeing your progress and learn more about the challenges you had to overcome.

Welcome to the forum :D

Actually, I have a second draft of a book done already (but it's in native language) :p

Also, went two more times to Russia after deportation - was in Arkhangelsk and Severodvinsk (one of those "closed" cities up north), and in Rostov-on-Don :p

El Príncipe

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
291%
Jun 1, 2018
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Been to Mostar! Beautiful place. Loved watching the young guys diving off the bridge. That's part of the local tradition right? Reminds me of the Way of Men by Jack Donovan, if you've read it.

Good luck with all your future endeavors!

BrunoRastablasta

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Sep 20, 2018
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Been to Mostar! Beautiful place. Loved watching the young guys diving off the bridge. That's part of the local tradition right? Reminds me of the Way of Men by Jack Donovan, if you've read it.

Good luck with all your future endeavors!
Thanks man :D
I haven't read that one but yeah people have been jumping for 60+years already even though you can hear the "450-year-old" tradition. But that was "involuntary" jumping back than :rofl:

BrunoRastablasta

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Sep 20, 2018
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Great story Bruno, Can you tell us more about the habit forming business that you are planning to build ?

Yeah, don't you just hate it when you start going to the gym, all pumped up and after 5 days you quit? Or you start reading a book only to quit after 10 days or a new diet which lasts 'till next dinner?

I had the same problems so I was like "You know, I have to figure this shit out."

So I researched habit building, like literally everything.
I found out so much crap that I simply wanted to puke.
So I went further down, to scientific research level.
Still couldn't find a good system.

So I simply created my own and iterated it until it became rock solid.

The system was so effective that it helped me form a reading habit (47 books last year).
And then, it helped me form a writing habit (got published in publications with 40 million+ users per year like Addicted2Success, Lifehack, Goalcast ).

Both of these habits take less than an hour a day to form (and maintain) :D

I gave the system to a friend of mine and he created a gym habit like that - it's been six months since he started.

Does any of this resonate with you? What kind of a habit do you want to form?

Farkry

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Nov 12, 2015
Near London, UK

Yeah, don't you just hate it when you start going to the gym, all pumped up and after 5 days you quit? Or you start reading a book only to quit after 10 days or a new diet which lasts 'till next dinner?

I had the same problems so I was like "You know, I have to figure this sh*t out."

So I researched habit building, like literally everything.
I found out so much crap that I simply wanted to puke.
So I went further down, to scientific research level.
Still couldn't find a good system.

So I simply created my own and iterated it until it became rock solid.

The system was so effective that it helped me form a reading habit (47 books last year).
And then, it helped me form a writing habit (got published in publications with 40 million+ users per year like Addicted2Success, Lifehack, Goalcast ).

Both of these habits take less than an hour a day to form (and maintain) :D

I gave the system to a friend of mine and he created a gym habit like that - it's been six months since he started.

Does any of this resonate with you? What kind of a habit do you want to form?
Yeah, this all resonates with me. Being on this journey means I have read a lot about good habits and self management so much that I was also thinking about how to turn the knowledge into a business.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

BrunoRastablasta

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Sep 20, 2018
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Yeah, this all resonates with me. Being on this journey means I have read a lot about good habits and self management so much that I was also thinking about how to turn the knowledge into a business.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Yeah :D I even wrote a step-by-step process on how to create this system.
You can read about it here:
The Proven and Easy Way to Read 47 Books A Year | The Curious Reader

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...