The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Getting My First Ever YES (Video Marketing Agency)

mikecarlooch

Apprentice & Student Of The Game
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
342%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida

Sitting in my dark room with things all over the place, I scrolled through YouTube. Video after video, trying to figure out exactly how to make a my "own business" by constantly watching videos about how Warren Buffett made 100 gazillion dollars and I would walk around talking about how I had "3 businesses I wanted to start." None of which ever happened.

All of the content I was consuming was from people who weren't giving actual advice on how to start a business, but just saying "work hard" and "do what you love" and it got so hard in my head trying to figure out what to do that I had panic attacks and constant anxiety thinking about how the hell to start a business!

I made my fair share of money in sports cards, ebay, amazon, and crypto currency, but every single time I'd see someone making a REAL business that was my age, I would envy them. Because for a long time my life was sitting in my room constantly refreshing ebay prices to see if the prices of my basketball cards were going up in price. I would scroll on social media ALL day and see these kids my age making all this money.
ff
"How... HOW ARE THEY DOING IT?" "WHAT IS THE SECRET? I'LL DO ANYTHING.. HOW DO I START??"

My heart would be racing, I wouldn't be able to socialize with people, I had so many limiting beliefs, because every second of the day was about trying to figure out how a business is ran by teaching myself by telling myself thoughts in my own mind, but doing this would just lead to more stress.

But still, there was only one influencer that I would listen to (garyvee) and everyone that was NOT garyvee I considered a scammer. I didn't read any books, didn't even take into account that there were people OUT THERE giving ACTUAL business advice (If I had found MJ 3 years ago, my life today at 19 would be significantly different)

For a while, I gave up. My literal reasoning for why was "maybe they have some kind of wiring in their brain that I don't". or "I guess I'm just not a natural entrepreneur like gary vee said and I didn't want to accept it this whole time"

I started trying meditation, trying to live a "media-less" life, getting into spirituality, as a way to get out of the constant anxiety I was in trying to figure out how to start my 3 businesses. I had quit trying to make content on the internet for a long time after spending literally whole days trying to think of videos to make for each platform.

Then, in January of 2022 (yes, I had a "new years resolution" to figure this out for real) I quit watching gary vee, I quit watching all the stuff that clearly wasn't moving me forward for the past two years except for some luck with basketball cards and crypto currency. I had tens of thousands of dollars as an 18/19 year old, but no idea what to do from that point on because all the money I had made came so easy in market booms.

For the first time, I ripped ADHD self apart and picked up a book for the first time. Next thing you know... I was READING FOR 5 HOURS. Holy crap. This was a book about nutrition, what if I read books about business? Could I find the answer?

While listening to a podcast, I did. someone mentioned Unscripted , and I read the entire book, and was completely fascinated by it, but still didn't understand HOW business worked. I didn't know that. But I was SO Excited.. I felt such a sigh of relief, feeling like I had cracked the code. For the first time I got myself to schedule a session for "deep work" after reading deep work by cal newport, and I made a promise to myself that every single morning, before the gym, before eating, I would go and get into a state of depth for work even if I had no idea what to do.

Overnight, my life went from an absolute mess, to having a planned out daily schedule for the first time in my life

Wake Up->Meditate->Cold Shower->Deep Work With No Phone->Make TikToks->Gym->Read->Deep Work->Brazilian Jiu Jitsu->Sleep->Repeat

My "deep work" was writing self improvement books and setting up a kajabi website to sell some kind of product (I didn't know what the hell I was doing, but I still got it set up.) After a week, I had my kajabi website set up and I was reading Russell Brunson's DotCom secrets. I didn't really take what Russell was saying to heart at the time, because I still viewed him as a "scammer". (Looking back now though, that book is one of the best books I've ever read.)

After staying consistent, I put together one of the worst products someone could ever create. (a book that had no plan behind it and took me 5 days to write) and put it out there and sold 10 copies because my audience was growing well because I understand TikTok very well and started growing my following for self improvement.)

Even though the product was awful, I had never felt more accomplished in my life. I felt like I was actually "DOING BUSINESS". Was 99% of what I was doing action fakes? Yes. But it didn't feel like it at all.

After realizing that it wasn't working, I tried something else. I was still so excited that someone would even BUY my book in the first place, so I decided to make MORE products. I tried to add coaching programs, tried to sell 1-1 consultations on fiverr, I planned to make a fitness course, I put all of these products out into the world and just went on social media and told people "Buy this", but no one did.

I was proud of myself for taking action, but very frustrated because I didn't know why the hell I wasn't rich yet?

I decided to forget about it, and for a few months I just decided to read more books because that's where I got my first bit of information from. I read TMF , The Great Rat Race Escape , Influence, ALL of these different books which finally started to give me the answers to HOW to do business.. I had one part of it down..

Value. Okay. I need to give Value.. But what else, How do I give Value?

I found another book that I had been putting off for a long time because I again perceived the author a scammer. His name is Alex Hormozi. One day, I got my head out of my a$$ and I read his book $100M offers, all of it in one day.

"Holy Shit" I thought to myself "This is it. This is all I need to do. This is the secret If I just could have known this whole time I would've understood business!"

Step 1. What product are you going to sell Step 2. Who are you going to sell it to Step 3. How are you going to get them to see it Step 4. Make an offer so good that they can't refuse it.

And then to top it off, I read a post by @Andy Black that was talking about how you don't NEED a website. You don't NEED any of this stuff you think you need. All you need is SALES. Earned traffic, paid traffic, manual outbound, reaching out to PEOPLE. Talking to PEOPLE and showing them MY OFFER. and if they TRUST ME, because they've SEEN ME BEFORE, and they also NEED my product, they will give me money!

"Duh Stupid! This is what you've been trying to find out for the past 2 years and you just found it out within a couple hours!" I thought to myself.

So that's what I did. But what am I good at? What value can I give people? I know how to make tiktoks... I know how to workout... But do people really need this?

In order to get myself to believe what all of these people were saying, I would need to see it work. I would need someone to say yes to my offer..

I decided to call a business owner that didn't KNOW me, but was aware of me to make him an offer on TikTok marketing.

This business owner was a motivated buyer for what I had. He said to me "I want my own personal brand on TikTok, how do I do it??" So we got on a sales call, and I was soso nervous. My first sales call... Ok what do I know.. I had studies Alex Hormozi's CLOSER framework like the back of my hand.. So I decided to go with that.

But the price... What was I going to charge?! This guys my first customer.. He doesn't even know it.. Do I charge $500?? No. $3000 for 2 months of marketing. Alex always says if there's one thing you should do, charge a lot of money. That was what I was going to say..

And so I did.

Guess what happened

"Okay I'll pay the 3 grand just send me a proposal"

"HOLY F**K. WHAT THE F**K?" I thought to myself.

And now here I am today, typing this. Looking for new prospects doing the same thing. Excited as hell for the future.

Am I rich yet? No. But I feel like I know how to be now, and the outcome of ALL of this was mental clarity, something I have been seeking for years.

I hope you guys enjoyed my story,

Thanks for reading!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Sitting in my dark room with things all over the place, I scrolled through YouTube. Video after video, trying to figure out exactly how to make a my "own business" by constantly watching videos about how Warren Buffett made 100 gazillion dollars and I would walk around talking about how I had "3 businesses I wanted to start." None of which ever happened.

All of the content I was consuming was from people who weren't giving actual advice on how to start a business, but just saying "work hard" and "do what you love" and it got so hard in my head trying to figure out what to do that I had panic attacks and constant anxiety thinking about how the hell to start a business!

I made my fair share of money in sports cards, ebay, amazon, and crypto currency, but every single time I'd see someone making a REAL business that was my age, I would envy them. Because for a long time my life was sitting in my room constantly refreshing ebay prices to see if the prices of my basketball cards were going up in price. I would scroll on social media ALL day and see these kids my age making all this money.
ff
"How... HOW ARE THEY DOING IT?" "WHAT IS THE SECRET? I'LL DO ANYTHING.. HOW DO I START??"

My heart would be racing, I wouldn't be able to socialize with people, I had so many limiting beliefs, because every second of the day was about trying to figure out how a business is ran by teaching myself by telling myself thoughts in my own mind, but doing this would just lead to more stress.

But still, there was only one influencer that I would listen to (garyvee) and everyone that was NOT garyvee I considered a scammer. I didn't read any books, didn't even take into account that there were people OUT THERE giving ACTUAL business advice (If I had found MJ 3 years ago, my life today at 19 would be significantly different)

For a while, I gave up. My literal reasoning for why was "maybe they have some kind of wiring in their brain that I don't". or "I guess I'm just not a natural entrepreneur like gary vee said and I didn't want to accept it this whole time"

I started trying meditation, trying to live a "media-less" life, getting into spirituality, as a way to get out of the constant anxiety I was in trying to figure out how to start my 3 businesses. I had quit trying to make content on the internet for a long time after spending literally whole days trying to think of videos to make for each platform.

Then, in January of 2022 (yes, I had a "new years resolution" to figure this out for real) I quit watching gary vee, I quit watching all the stuff that clearly wasn't moving me forward for the past two years except for some luck with basketball cards and crypto currency. I had tens of thousands of dollars as an 18/19 year old, but no idea what to do from that point on because all the money I had made came so easy in market booms.

For the first time, I ripped ADHD self apart and picked up a book for the first time. Next thing you know... I was READING FOR 5 HOURS. Holy crap. This was a book about nutrition, what if I read books about business? Could I find the answer?

While listening to a podcast, I did. someone mentioned Unscripted , and I read the entire book, and was completely fascinated by it, but still didn't understand HOW business worked. I didn't know that. But I was SO Excited.. I felt such a sigh of relief, feeling like I had cracked the code. For the first time I got myself to schedule a session for "deep work" after reading deep work by cal newport, and I made a promise to myself that every single morning, before the gym, before eating, I would go and get into a state of depth for work even if I had no idea what to do.

Overnight, my life went from an absolute mess, to having a planned out daily schedule for the first time in my life

Wake Up->Meditate->Cold Shower->Deep Work With No Phone->Make TikToks->Gym->Read->Deep Work->Brazilian Jiu Jitsu->Sleep->Repeat

My "deep work" was writing self improvement books and setting up a kajabi website to sell some kind of product (I didn't know what the hell I was doing, but I still got it set up.) After a week, I had my kajabi website set up and I was reading Russell Brunson's DotCom secrets. I didn't really take what Russell was saying to heart at the time, because I still viewed him as a "scammer". (Looking back now though, that book is one of the best books I've ever read.)

After staying consistent, I put together one of the worst products someone could ever create. (a book that had no plan behind it and took me 5 days to write) and put it out there and sold 10 copies because my audience was growing well because I understand TikTok very well and started growing my following for self improvement.)

Even though the product was awful, I had never felt more accomplished in my life. I felt like I was actually "DOING BUSINESS". Was 99% of what I was doing action fakes? Yes. But it didn't feel like it at all.

After realizing that it wasn't working, I tried something else. I was still so excited that someone would even BUY my book in the first place, so I decided to make MORE products. I tried to add coaching programs, tried to sell 1-1 consultations on fiverr, I planned to make a fitness course, I put all of these products out into the world and just went on social media and told people "Buy this", but no one did.

I was proud of myself for taking action, but very frustrated because I didn't know why the hell I wasn't rich yet?

I decided to forget about it, and for a few months I just decided to read more books because that's where I got my first bit of information from. I read TMF , The Great Rat Race Escape , Influence, ALL of these different books which finally started to give me the answers to HOW to do business.. I had one part of it down..

I found another book that I had been putting off for a long time because I again perceived the author a scammer. His name is Alex Hormozi. One day, I got my head out of my a$$ and I read his book $100M offers, all of it in one day.

"Holy Shit" I thought to myself "This is it. This is all I need to do. This is the secret If I just could have known this whole time I would've understood business!"

Step 1. What product are you going to sell Step 2. Who are you going to sell it to Step 3. How are you going to get them to see it Step 4. Make an offer so good that they can't refuse it.

And then to top it off, I read a post by @Andy Black that was talking about how you don't NEED a website. You don't NEED any of this stuff you think you need. All you need is SALES. Earned traffic, paid traffic, manual outbound, reaching out to PEOPLE. Talking to PEOPLE and showing them MY OFFER. and if they TRUST ME, because they've SEEN ME BEFORE, and they also NEED my product, they will give me money!

"Duh Stupid! This is what you've been trying to find out for the past 2 years and you just found it out within a couple hours!" I thought to myself.

So that's what I did. But what am I good at? What value can I give people? I know how to make tiktoks... I know how to workout... But do people really need this?

In order to get myself to believe what all of these people were saying, I would need to see it work. I would need someone to say yes to my offer..

I decided to call a business owner that didn't KNOW me, but was aware of me to make him an offer on TikTok marketing.

This business owner was a motivated buyer for what I had. He said to me "I want my own personal brand on TikTok, how do I do it??" So we got on a sales call, and I was soso nervous. My first sales call... Ok what do I know.. I had studies Alex Hormozi's CLOSER framework like the back of my hand.. So I decided to go with that.

But the price... What was I going to charge?! This guys my first customer.. He doesn't even know it.. Do I charge $500?? No. $3000 for 2 months of marketing. Alex always says if there's one thing you should do, charge a lot of money. That was what I was going to say..

And so I did.

Guess what happened

And now here I am today, typing this. Looking for new prospects doing the same thing. Excited as hell for the future.

Am I rich yet? No. But I feel like I know how to be now, and the outcome of ALL of this was mental clarity, something I have been seeking for years.

Thanks for reading!
Add writing well to your list of talents.

Glad you got out of your way and just started helping people (and getting paid).

Nice sized Yes too.

PS: Think of him as a client rather than a customer. That conjures up images of white glove treatment.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Curious about this part. How was he aware of you and your TikTok skills? And how did you know he was aware of you?

mikecarlooch

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
342%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Curious about this part. How was he aware of you and your TikTok skills? And how did you know he was aware of you?
Friend Of a Friend!
So he didn't know me, but was in need of what I knew, and since he trusted my friend, I guess he trusted his word on me
(and so my friend gave me the phone number of the client and I texted him)

Last edited:

mikecarlooch

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
342%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Add writing well to your list of talents.

Glad you got out of your way and just started helping people (and getting paid).

Nice sized Yes too.

PS: Think of him as a client rather than a customer. That conjures up images of white glove treatment.
Thank You Andy!

Odysseus M Jones

[B...{r<°∆°>}--O--{<°∆°>k}...E]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020

ff

And so I did.

Guess what happened

Thanks for reading!
Tldr
But re this
"Getting My First Ever YES"

Was she pretty?
Was it a she?
And more importantly, was she human?

Well it does say "ask me anything" in your profile

And your post does begin with
Sitting in my dark room with things all over the place

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Friend Of a Friend!
So he didn't know me, but was in need of what I knew, and since he trusted my friend, I guess he trusted his word on me
(and so my friend gave me the phone number of the client and I texted him)
Aha. Referrals is how I get most of my business.

I thought you’d maybe got some TikTok channel about how to grow on TikTok, but then couldn’t imagine a $3k client spending enough time on TikTok to find you.

mikecarlooch

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
342%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Aha. Referrals is how I get most of my business.

I thought you’d maybe got some TikTok channel about how to grow on TikTok, but then couldn’t imagine a $3k client spending enough time on TikTok to find you.
Haha I actually WAS thinking about doing a tiktok channel about how to grow on tiktok,

but now that I think about it, you're right.

reminds me of that saying "there's a reason lamborghini and ferrari don't advertise on tv" lol

mikecarlooch

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
342%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Want to add something to this -
So when I realized that I had a client paying me a good amount of money, I noticed something. I got a bone chilling fear..

What if I can't serve the client? What if it doesn't work?

I haven't been scared or stressed out in a long time, but in that moment all of my fears came back.. And guess what? I spent HOURS thinking about how I wasn't going to be able to serve the client and kept telling myself how scared I was.

I felt like an imposter.

"This guy's paying ME $1,500 a month?? Oh my god I have to figure out how to do this..."

I went to bed that night and woke up with a different mindset. I woke up at 6:00 AM and I looked in the mirror and told myself "today, you're going to sit your a$$ down and over deliver to this client."

So guess what happened when I got myself to sit down and start being creative? All of the work started to flow... There was no stress... I was doing exactly what I had promised to the client.. The thing the night before I was stressing out about how I didn't know if i'd be able to do it.

Sometimes all it takes is sitting down and blocking out all the distractions and just starting. Something happens in your body when you do this for like 20 minutes. You forget everything, and your mood completely changes.

Peacefulwarrior

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jun 25, 2020
New Zealand

ff

And so I did.

Guess what happened

Thanks for reading!
DUDE wtf?! Are you me from like 6 months in the future? I also have ADHD and have just restarted my own personal development page on IG, wanting to build up an audience and then sell my course and e-books etc, but you decided not to go down that route

Do you just teach people how to build their own personal brands now? Or have you also continued to build your following and sell digitalised products?

ps. I also have ADHD and recently have found myself using it as an excuse, what would you say has helped you to focus and stick to that one thing?

mikecarlooch

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
342%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
DUDE wtf?! Are you me from like 6 months in the future? I also have ADHD and have just restarted my own personal development page on IG, wanting to build up an audience and then sell my course and e-books etc, but you decided not to go down that route

Do you just teach people how to build their own personal brands now? Or have you also continued to build your following and sell digitalised products?

ps. I also have ADHD and recently have found myself using it as an excuse, what would you say has helped you to focus and stick to that one thing?
Hey Man!

I’m super glad that this post resonated with you.. it’s been quite a long journey

To answer your first question-

One day not long ago I came to a realization.

I realized “damn.. I’m good as hell at social media.. Getting all these views all these vanity metrics.. but I’ve made damn near 0 dollars doing it.”

I sub consciously knew this for a long time, but didn’t want to accept that I was making videos for people that had no money.

Most 13-19 year olds don’t even have the ability to buy a 50 dollar program.. clearly I didn’t think through the audience I’d be serving.

But giving content to this audience was a blessing in disguise.. why? Because I’m not doing these videos with intention to sell anything.. because I now serve BUSINESS OWNERS.

The content that I put out for people my age related to self improvement is strictly to help people.

But the amazing part is this - when a business person with a lot of money sees the community I’ve been able to build on social media, THEY all of a sudden want me to do it for THEM.

Just like how naval says specific knowledge is the key.. what sounds more like specific knowledge? Making a saturated workout program for teenagers or understanding the backend of how to make content get a lot of views, how to write copy and get traffic to a website?

Business owners have much more money, and there’s much more of a need in the market for the latter, it’s also not something that can be easily replaced. It’s a skill.

Even though I understand the above, I still continue to grow my audience of teenagers who are into self improvement . Why?

1. Because I know they will get older and hopefully stick with me for the next 10 years. The longer I go without selling them anything the more trust I will have built up with them.

2. The bigger I grow that audience the more credibility I get for selling my services to business owners

3. I am constantly learning new skills by producing content .

As for what has helped me stick to one thing, I’ve got to say it’s been reading. The more I read the more skills I reveal that I didn’t know I had, the more clear my path is becoming.

Hope this helps

mikecarlooch

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
342%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Recently, I decided to niche down and focus on a specific group of people to serve with my digital marketing services.

Within 5 e-mails to those people, I got my second client paying monthly.

I was reading @IceCreamKid 's posts and as he would say it seems like "loving the hell out of others" + having a service that people need and that works is the game.

Landing this client is super exciting for me, because not only has it validated my service even more, but I'm actually going to hire a bit of help now with making the content for clients so that I can focus on getting more and more clients

Younger me never would've known that business is this simple (not easy). Grateful to have found this forum.

As soon as I landed the second client, I felt a sense of peace. Before I had any clients and didn't know anything about doing business and was selling tee shirts and e-books, I was always so stressed sometimes because nothing was really working.

I was scared that I would have to hear my parents say "GET A JOB!" again and again

But with a little bit of hustle and a little bit of thought, I fortunately don't need to hear those words.

Now instead of focusing on those fears, my focus is on loving and helping people to the best of my ability, and landing more clients to bring myself from $3k a month to $10k a month

I'm going to regurgitate some basic fastlane knowledge here, but here's what I understand MUCH MORE now that I've actually taken action:

If you have 1 person that said yes and your service is valuable to them and helping them, the thought that you can't get 10+ people to say yes to your offer in a world of billions is laughable. How many people have you called? talked to? e-mailed?

And if your product/service really does suck, no one will buy it. Plain and simple!

Last edited:

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Recently, I decided to niche down and focus on a specific group of people to serve with my digital marketing services.

Within 5 e-mails to those people, I got my second client paying monthly.

I was reading @IceCreamKid 's posts and as he would say it seems like "loving the hell out of others" + having a service that people need and that works is the game.

Landing this client is super exciting for me, because not only has it validated my service even more, but I'm actually going to hire a bit of help now with making the content for clients so that I can focus on getting more and more clients

Younger me never would've known that business is this simple (not easy). Grateful to have found this forum.

As soon as I landed the second client, I felt a sense of peace. Before I had any clients and didn't know anything about doing business and was selling tee shirts and e-books, I was always so stressed sometimes because nothing was really working.

I was scared that I would have to hear my parents say "GET A JOB!" again and again

But with a little bit of hustle and a little bit of thought, I fortunately don't need to hear those words.

Now instead of focusing on those fears, my focus is on loving and helping people to the best of my ability, and landing more clients to bring myself from $3k a month to $10k a month

I'm going to regurgitate some basic fastlane knowledge here, but here's what I understand MUCH MORE now that I've actually taken action:

If you have 1 person that said yes and your service is valuable to them and helping them, the thought that you can't get 10+ people to say yes to your offer in a world of billions is laughable. How many people have you called? talked to? e-mailed?

And if your product/service really does suck, no one will buy it. Plain and simple!
That sense of peace comes from *knowing* you can eat what you kill. Lose these two clients and you know you can get more. Need cash fast? Get a couple more clients.

That peace will help you when you’re chatting to people now. Business owners will sense you’re not desperate, and that will make you more attractive to them.

Well done.

mikecarlooch

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
342%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
That sense of peace comes from *knowing* you can now eat what you kill. Lose these two clients and you know you can get more. Need cash fast? Get a couple more clients.

That peace will help you when you’re chatting to people now. Business owners will sense you’re not desperate, and that will make you more attractive to them.

Well done.

Thanks Andy!!

This is EXACTLY how I feel ! Of course I want to deliver insanely good service so they can be happy and they refer me to others, but I do have that sense of security you're talking about. It's a feeling where you know you're valuable, a good one!

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
It's a feeling where you know you're valuable
I think it’s more than knowing you or your product is valuable. You also know you can make sales.

IceCreamKid

With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,188%
Jun 8, 2010
California
This book is amazing. I only wish that it was released earlier in my biz career as it would've expedited my growth. Easily in my Top 3.

You also know you can make sales.
I often tell young people to get a job in tech sales. Imagine getting paid to be taught an extremely transferrable skill that, once learned, will feed you for a lifetime....what a deal!

Reach out to me when you get to $10k and I'll show you how to scale your outreach and create systems....all for free because I'm not a guru lolol. We need more threads on how to create systems. Systems are the key to automating everything and freeing yourself to work ON your biz instead of IN it.

Congrats on taking action.

mikecarlooch

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
342%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
This book is amazing. I only wish that it was released earlier in my biz career as it would've expedited my growth. Easily in my Top 3.

I often tell young people to get a job in tech sales. Imagine getting paid to be taught an extremely transferrable skill that, once learned, will feed you for a lifetime....what a deal!

Reach out to me when you get to $10k and I'll show you how to scale your outreach and create systems....all for free because I'm not a guru lolol. We need more threads on how to create systems. Systems are the key to automating everything and freeing yourself to work ON your biz instead of IN it.

Congrats on taking action.
Man it is great to see you here.. Love reading your posts

As soon as I read your message I instantly visualized my message being sent to you after I hit 10k/mo

Thanks for giving me something else to work towards.. you're awesome man.

I'll be sending you that message.. Until then, time to hustle.

its_me_eddy

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 28, 2022
Europe

ff

And so I did.

Guess what happened

Thanks for reading!
Awesome man!

Thank you for the motivation boost!

mikecarlooch

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
342%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida

mikecarlooch

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
342%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
@Andy Black a couple months ago you told me to read a book called the automatic customer.

Wanted to let you know I'm in the middle of the book and loving it!

I also just finished John Warrilow's other book Built To Sell.

Thanks for introducing me to these.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
@Andy Black a couple months ago you told me to read a book called the automatic customer.

Wanted to let you know I'm in the middle of the book and loving it!

I also just finished John Warrilow's other book Built To Sell.

Thanks for introducing me to these.
Glad you like it.

For me, if it isn’t MRR then it doesn’t happen.

mikecarlooch

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
342%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Wanted to share some more of the hard parts of the process - not just the great parts.

The past two days have been so difficult as I've been trying to figure out how the hell to use website software. It's been quite frustrating to understand and I feel like I wasted a lot of time so far trying to figure out how to set this thing up. As of right now, I've probably got another day that I need to put in to get the site fully up and running.

It's honestly been teeth-gritting frustrating lol. I now understand why people hire web designers, but I personally didn't see the value in giving someone a thousand bucks to make it, rather I could just make it myself.

I just know that once I just get this damn website up I can get to the fun stuff of this business I'm in.

It's turning into what seems to be the real entrepreneurial grind, It wasn't until I got a couple clients that I actually feel like I have an ability to sit in a chair and work from 8 am to 10 pm at night. I almost lost track of time today and caught myself at 1:00pm and got myself to get my a$$ to the gym.

That's the current update!

Marcos Morales

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Aug 3, 2019
Spain
Wanted to share some more of the hard parts of the process - not just the great parts.

The past two days have been so difficult as I've been trying to figure out how the hell to use website software. It's been quite frustrating to understand and I feel like I wasted a lot of time so far trying to figure out how to set this thing up. As of right now, I've probably got another day that I need to put in to get the site fully up and running.

It's honestly been teeth-gritting frustrating lol. I now understand why people hire web designers, but I personally didn't see the value in giving someone a thousand bucks to make it, rather I could just make it myself.

I just know that once I just get this damn website up I can get to the fun stuff of this business I'm in.

It's turning into what seems to be the real entrepreneurial grind, It wasn't until I got a couple clients that I actually feel like I have an ability to sit in a chair and work from 8 am to 10 pm at night. I almost lost track of time today and caught myself at 1:00pm and got myself to get my a$$ to the gym.

That's the current update!
Hey, brother!

I've read all your thread (after searching for "TikTok"-related posts) and the least I can say, is that I'm happy for you.

That successful peace of mind you're talking about is really what we all unconsciously seek when doing business.

Now, is there something I can help you with related to fully setting and running up such a website you're talking about?

I'll do my best to help with the knowledge and experience I acquired helping several clients for 2 years with my Esports-based Marketing agency. Of course, free of cost.

Being completely transparent here, I'm more into seeing if we can fit our needs by offering TikTok marketing services together.

mikecarlooch

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
342%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Update :

I built out an entire website and funnel over the past few days, created offers, productized them into packages, and got a sick logo made.

Goals moving forward:
Create sales scripts
Create SOP's
Hire Help from Onlinejobs.ph
*DELIVER TO CLIENTS.
*DRIVE REVENUE.

mikecarlooch

Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
342%
Jan 28, 2022
Florida
Hey, brother!

I've read all your thread (after searching for "TikTok"-related posts) and the least I can say, is that I'm happy for you.

That successful peace of mind you're talking about is really what we all unconsciously seek when doing business.

Now, is there something I can help you with related to fully setting and running up such a website you're talking about?

I'll do my best to help with the knowledge and experience I acquired helping several clients for 2 years with my Esports-based Marketing agency. Of course, free of cost.

Being completely transparent here, I'm more into seeing if we can fit our needs by offering TikTok marketing services together.
Hey Man! Thanks for reading and glad you like iti! I setup my website but I'm ALWAYS looking to learn. I'll message you privately! Anything you need that I can do for you, i'm also here.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Update :

I built out an entire website and funnel over the past few days, created offers, productized them into packages, and got a sick logo made.

Goals moving forward:
Create sales scripts
Create SOP's
Hire Help from Onlinejobs.ph
*DELIVER TO CLIENTS.
*DRIVE REVENUE.
Lol. I'm always slightly worried when people get logos made...

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
May 29, 2021
Dude, your story is uber-inspring and the growth is phenomenal! I'm super proud of you lol! What mattered was correcting the heart and aligning it with your work and once that's done, well, things tend to fall into place. Regardless, here's to going further beyond!

Fastlane Liam

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Feb 10, 2018
United Kingdom
Congrats, I'm really happy for you and amazed how far you came. Im stuck at the stage of knowing what the hell to even do.

Tiktok marketing, so you're creating him content for tiktok?

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
May 29, 2021
Im stuck at the stage of knowing what the hell to even do.
I had the same challenge recently, but I think it's just about stepping back and asking yourself, "What can I offer that would make someone happy? What do I have or can get that would make someone happy?" And sometimes ideas just flow. Else, you could just ask yourself, "What can I offer at all?" and get it in front of the people who would most benefit from it.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.