The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

FU Money by Dan Lok, must be MJ's twin brother

Disciple96

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Mar 5, 2016
USA
Ugh, Dan Lok pisses me off. Just another Bro-marketer, and lately I've found myself inundated with his advertisements selling overpriced guru courses.

Here's what his bull$hit boils down to:

"Wanna get rich? I'll show you how I got rich by selling people courses on how to get rich. All you have to do is buy my course, then you can get rich too!"

No code of ethics, obviously. Sometimes seeing all these MLMs and borderline scam artists makes me wonder why I don't just take the easy way to the top and sell the 99% their own dreams back to them, like this jerkoff Dan Lok.

Oh, that's right. I enjoy being able to sleep at night.

As MJ has said, if you have to advertise *that* much just to get sales, chances are whatever you're offering is garbage.

He's just another in a long line of unoriginal a$$hole conmen.

To even put him in the same sentence as MJ DeMarco is an absolute joke, and actually makes me sick.

He's the worst of the worst of this new generation of snake-oil dream-salesmen, and anybody who follows him just plain old doesn't know any better. I feel bad for anybody who actually spent money on his garbage.

/rant

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
A lot of you guys are missing the point. Dan's a comedian who's parodying the internet marketing gurus.
I watch his videos every now and then before I sleep to help me laugh and relax.
That said, he's still not as funny as Fred Lam, who makes me chuckle non-stop.

alord

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jun 8, 2019
Dan Lok looks to me like he realized the same thing of Tai Lopez. Attract people with fancy stuff and sell them over. His target is mainly college kids from what I can tell. Anyway, I just downloaded a sample of the book on my kindle and will more into the book, thanks for the recommendation

100ToOne

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Jul 1, 2018
He's got some good points but mostly the same shit all over the internet.
Same with Tai Lopez, he's got some good points but says the same shit as everyone else.

Nothing "revolutionary" like MJ's book. The CENTS, how to create and skew value and many more etc.

Process

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jul 19, 2017
Solving Pain
If you really want the secret to closing, it is putting the right(top notch)offers in front of the right(top notch) people as much as possible.

Pressure and manipulation only get you one time sales and lots of returns.

The expected values are so different it isn’t even funny. One leads to being semi retired by 30, the other ends up being a side walker flexing on Instagram and YouTube.

Which one sounds like most “high ticket” gurus?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

A_Random_Guy

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
May 27, 2019
India
And how much did that cost you?
Well, I was asking your opinion on his book F.U Money in my previous posts but here I got my answer already.
I considered his book to be similar to yours and now I know why. He added bits from Rich Dad, Poor Dad, TMF , Money, Master the Game and 4- Hour work week, spiced it up with a few cuss words and turned it into a new book.

I don't consider that bad though. In one of his videos, he mentioned that a salesman who presents a book instead of a business card gets greater acceptance and respect from his clients and that's what he did. Most of his videos link to his book "F.U Money" and his HTC course. He is a perfect example of "practice what you preach" and make it look cool.

I believe he is a millionaire but not a multi-millionaire, his estimated net worth being 50M$.
His course cost 2.5k$ and he invests time for money contrary to what TMF preaches, so I wouldn't consider it Fastlane.

However, none of that matters to me, sometimes I like his advice, sometimes I don't. When someone better than me is sharing his insight, I consider it wise to listen to him.

guy93777

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jun 5, 2019
Has anyone read the book FU money by Dan Lok, i have recently added it in the top 3 of my favorite books of all time. This guy is pure unscripted on another level

in my opinion, the true value is Dan Lok 's personnality. not his stuff.

in the succes market, people look for the stuff while they should study the guru .

Dan Lok is a student of Dan Pena 's style . he learned the importance of character and positionning yourself as the legitimate guru of your market.

you have to command attention and project high status.

wich picture shows the guy is high status ?

Dan Lok or the other guy ?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Well, I was asking your opinion on his book F.U Money in my previous posts but here I got my answer already.

I haven't read his work or followed his guru shtick so I'm not saying one thing or another.

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
@guy93777 Yup, exactly. The only reason I ever watched a Dan Lok video in the first place was because of his baller a$$ suit.

Makes me laugh just to think about it. He's a league above Tai Lopez. Watch Lok's Boss in a Bentley series. Pretty comical and a good amount of it is decent enough advice. However Lok's best stuff is actually the recordings of his various sales and marketing seminars.

I love FU Money. The audiobook is even better as you get a little more of his attitude. Very good for hyping you up, question what you're doing atm, making you believe that anyone can achieve if they want it bad enough.

He's a lot like Grant Cardone. Great for overall mindset and mentality, but I would never give them a penny. Although he did help me get out of the 'save save save' mindset.

"A penny saved is still just a F*cking penny" - Dan Lok

Jeff Noel

Go all in.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
219%
Oct 26, 2018
Quebec, Canada

Vitaly the Winne

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
156%
Jun 4, 2019
California
If you want to learn how to close go for Jordan Belfort, it's 10 bucks a month I think.
I've noticed Dan used some Straight Line Persuasion skills in his videos, like pacing, emphasis on certain words, and lowering and speeding up his voice to focus attention. Sounds like he's probably a student of the Wolf.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

John D.

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Aug 26, 2016
Dan Lok... I agree with the posters that said he gives off the typical BRO-marketer's vibe and mostly just regurgitates stuff.

However there are some gems in among his videos that really made sense to me when I watched them. And I mean not in the origininality (or non-originality) of his message but the way he words and presents the ideas.

For instance here's one video that truly resonated with me. His message isn't original (@Andy Black's 'What if you know enough?' thread anyone?) but he puts it in honest-sounding, logical-way that lends weight to his words.
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRpUfq-tyqQ

Departed

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
157%
Jul 15, 2017
Europe
Just ridiculous/cringey how some of you fall for this BS Fake Guru. Especially since he checks of every box of MJs description of fake gurus (e.g. they make their money by selling you "how to make money" )

Not convinced? Here:

View: https://youtu.be/eSSTKmv6YPA?t=240

P.S. Anybody who bought the book or a course from Dan Lok: DO YOU want to skyrocket your business skills? YES!? Here is another GEM for you:

View: https://youtu.be/nFlMD90xsDA?t=133

:rofl:

Last edited:

P789

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Sep 23, 2020
Legazpi, Philippines
FU Money? THis made me chuckle a lot. What contains in his books is the opposite of what he is really doing in real life.

For instance, in a chapter that I read, he said that, “If you want to win a marathon, get off you a$$ and start running” but when I look into his HIC (High INcome Copywriting) course, it does the opposite. WHY? ITS because when you attend his in demand training (which is actually a video sales letter), he said that when you buy my course, you will get a client instantly. And in real life, getting a client is trial and error

AlfaStream

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Jul 21, 2020
United States
Try more like A̶n̶d̶r̶ Tai Lopez's twin brother...

He is a self-proclaimed "serial entrepreneur" yet you will not find any info online on his numerous businesses.

Apparently, he made all his fortune by teaching marketing. Sounds familiar?

This is taken from Dan's homepage:

DAN LOK’S HIGH-TICKET CLOSER™ CERTIFICATION PROGRAM
When you’re a High-Ticket Closer™, you can close anyone anywhere you are in the world.

Don't know about you.. but to me, that 1st sentence already raised some serious red flags.
You'd be right, when I got trapped into shiny object syndrome my first six months was wasted on crap like this. I seriously have to say that its likely Dan Loks program is another "Guru Cult".

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.