• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

FORUM SEARCH

Get answers about starting a business from real entrepreneurs. Powered by Google.

Book FU Money by Dan Lok, must be MJ's twin brother

Discussion in 'Education, Learning, Books' started by Rabelo, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Rabelo

Rabelo Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $372
    Has anyone read the book FU money by Dan Lok, i have recently added it in the top 3 of my favorite books of all time. This guy is pure unscripted on another level

Daniel A, NFT and Vigilante like this.
  2. Vigilante

Vigilante Legendary Contributor Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $161,616
    Please post a little bit more of a detailed summary of your observations of the book. What are some things that you learned that you didn't already know?

Andy Black, Supa, Kingmaker and 4 others like this.
  3. MB2

MB2 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $582
    I just went through it in bird's eye view.It sounds closer to MJ's books.But hey, no one can beat MJ's books and we all know it.You know why? It is just another wantrepreneur book.It says you to start a business based on what you love! not what market need

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
    AgainstAllOdds and ZF Lee like this.
  4. Greg R

Greg R Act, Assess, Adjust Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $13,507
    Wait wait wait....

It is your top three book and you've only scanned it over?

Then you compare him to MJ, and at the same time provide an example that is the exact opposite of what MJ talks about.

I'm confused!

tenor (1).gif

Fox, jasoncuellar123 and ZF Lee like this.
  5. AllenCrawley

AllenCrawley Legendary Contributor Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $71,992
    Lol. Two different posters.

6. Rabelo

Rabelo Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $372
    i did not scan it, i read the book. if you can recall on my last thread i posted here, i asked how much was enough to be at the position of FU,v8bill then suggested i should take a look at his book,v8bill's book focuses on how to double your income and have a taste of freedom without really having millions, my problem ..even thou i read MJs books and this one, i was still searching for a way to define my own FU position....AND FOR THE RECORD @MB2 there's nothing in Dan's book that promotes do what you love, Dan says you must learn to love what you do if it brings money and helps alot of people.

Andy Black and AgainstAllOdds like this.
  7. TKRR

TKRR Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $420
    I read FU money, and while I think there are some similarities, I found the MJ books so much better. I kind of find Dan Lok a little "gross". It always seems like a sales pitch with that guy. I just don't know how much I buy it. Also calling himself the highest paid consultant, doesn't mean he is. I guess I'm not sure I buy it. I look at his social media, and he barely has any followers for someone so "in demand". Basically no interaction either. When he posts stuff, no one seems to pay attention.

It felt a little fluffy to me.

I will say, I liked a lot of the stuff he said in the book, and I think he was right on a lot of fronts. Unscripted, though, looked like a labor of love and effort.

Just my 2 cents.

8. AllenCrawley

AllenCrawley Legendary Contributor Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $71,992
    Zero interest in the book. I did watch a YouTube video of the guy and he came off as a sleezy salesman.

Papillon, Supa, ZF Lee and 4 others like this.
  9. p0stscript

p0stscript Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,180
    Isn't one of his books :
    Influence: 47 Forbidden Psychological Tactics You Can Use To Motivate, Influence and Persuade Your Prospect.
    I've not read it since the title alone puts me off and reeks of manipulation (I may be wrong)

AllenCrawley likes this.
  10. Jordi

Jordi Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $20
    Try more like A̶n̶d̶r̶ Tai Lopez's twin brother...

He is a self-proclaimed "serial entrepreneur" yet you will not find any info online on his numerous businesses.

Apparently, he made all his fortune by teaching marketing. Sounds familiar?

This is taken from Dan's homepage:

DAN LOK’S HIGH-TICKET CLOSER™ CERTIFICATION PROGRAM
    When you’re a High-Ticket Closer™, you can close anyone anywhere you are in the world.

Don't know about you.. but to me, that 1st sentence already raised some serious red flags.

11. Dunkafelics

Dunkafelics Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,112
    I am conflicted on this one...

I did find FU Money to be a reasonable source of information. It told a lot of his backstory coming to Canada from China and being quite poor and basically building himself into the business he is now. There are some great action steps at the end of each chapter that I found valuable as well. Again, the problem lies in that he does not teach you action strategies to actually start generating passive income.

Now with regards to the High Ticket Sales Program. I really like his podcasts. It has good information on client acquisition and earning money you are worth, even as a beginner.

The biggest red flag I've seen with his program is that he says he wants to bring people into his network to do high ticket sales. It would be awesome if you were trained as a part of the company and then paid on whatever structure. Instead Dan wants to charge you $2700 just to get into his program.

It never sat well with me...

And that is my biggest issue with him.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

ZF Lee likes this.
  12. ksc23

ksc23 Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,429