• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

OFF-TOPIC FTC shuts down MOBE

Discussion in 'Off Topic: Sports, Funnies, Pop-Culture' started by Andy Black, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Andy Black

Andy Black Any colour, as long as it's red. Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $157,000
  2. Lex DeVille

Lex DeVille The moments that define you have already happened. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $35,408
    Andy Black likes this.
  3. EasternCrane

EasternCrane Sit in the gap not the choice Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,701
    Yeah, I learned my lesson the hard way. Luckily, I didn't buy any courses or sign up for any programs.

If it's not a hard skill then the claims can't be backed up.

I do think there are good guys out trying to help people though.

The common theme I've heard and read in every business story worth listening to is that there is a serendipitous moment where circumstance, chance, effort, and everything blend. Then it's an over night success story.

Yet, everything they did led up to that point. So mileage varies.

Lex DeVille and Andy Black like this.
  4. juba.hadjal

juba.hadjal Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $173
    Actually, three years ago I wrote a review about MOBE and I was pretty skeptical about their legitimity. It was massively advertized by John Chow a well known guru (blogger) their biggest seller (affiliate). There were multiple white label products of about 3000$ each.

I thought that an american living in indonesia was suspicious as it is a fiscal paradise.

Hopefully, people won't fall for this scam again.

ZF Lee, jon.M, FMJJ and 3 others like this.
  5. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $336,396
    Admin Post
    How ironic that I just posted this ...

And I had no idea one of these "envelope stuffing scams" was busted.

new-racket.jpg

ZF Lee, Andy Black, FMJJ and 3 others like this.
  6. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $336,396
    Andy Black, Lex DeVille and Vigilante like this.
  7. Vigilante

Vigilante Legendary Contributor Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $177,717
    I thought we'd see a few more familiar names on there.

Andy Black and Lex DeVille like this.
  8. Vigilante

Vigilante Legendary Contributor Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $177,717
    What if the guru wrote a few books on how to be a guru? Does that count towards legitimacy?

9. biophase

biophase Legendary Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $159,714
    Would be interesting to see John Chow's next monthly income report. :)

Andy Black and hughjasle like this.
  10. SquatchMan

SquatchMan Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,841
    It looks like it operated as an alleged pyramid scheme.

Anyway, the top guy will likely get sued/fined and/or go to jail (probably no jail in this case). Company will get dissolved. Feds will parade it as a victory.

The rest of the top affiliates and execs will reemerge with a new scam in a year when the dust settles. They wouldn't keep doing it if there wasn't a market for it.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
    Andy Black likes this.
  11. ipsofacto

ipsofacto New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $6
    I randomly met Matt Lloyd several years ago without knowing who he was. After talking with him I still didn't understand affiliate marketing (sounded like a pyramid scheme after I googled it for 10 minutes but that's as much research as I did). I can't really speak to his character but I do know he worked his a$$ off for years 100+ hour work weeks and was raking in over $70 million a year in revenue. He was buying resorts on some Pacific island like Fiji or Bora Bora. Looks like things did not turn out well for him though (and it was a pyramid scheme lol). So he is Fast Lane in work ethic, but not business ethics ... and that's how you end up on the dark side

12. HackVenture

HackVenture Digital Marketer, Crypto Guy Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,498
    First thing I did when I first heard this news was head to John Chow's blog but unfortunately he didn't mention anything.

Wonder what he's gonna do.