The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Free Marketing Materials from Alex Hormozi... Legit?

Guru

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Free solid course on how to create offers:

The guy offers all content for free because he's already made nine figures and only works with bigger businesses to scale them further so no BS "act now" offers hiding at the end.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

The guy offers all content for free because he's already made nine figures and only works with bigger businesses to scale them further so no BS "act now" offers hiding at the end.

I haven't read his material, but I've heard some good things about this dude. It's also an awesome business model he's running which essentially is lead generation: give away a ton of free and valuable content, endear yourself to early-stage entrepreneurs who need to make the leap from $5M to $100M, and get in on the ground floor before the growth spurt with early stage investments. Smart. Smart. Smart.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I haven't read his material, but I've heard some good things about this dude. It's also an awesome business model he's running which essentially is lead generation: give away a ton of free and valuable content, endear yourself to early-stage entrepreneurs who need to make the leap from $5M to $100M, and get in on the ground floor before the growth spurt with early stage investments. Smart. Smart. Smart.

In some ways he reminds me of you. Nothing to sell except for one very specific thing (in your case books, in his case very high-ticket consulting), mostly doing it just to contribute.

The dude is also Fastlane as they come.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

@MTF so what you're saying is... Alex is totally legit? Because I've enjoyed a lot of his tweets and stuff in the past, but was always pretty skeptical due to the way he presents himself (very bro-like, but cool!)

TBH I thought he was another Tai Lopez

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
@MTF so what you're saying is... Alex is totally legit? Because I've enjoyed a lot of his tweets and stuff in the past, but was always pretty skeptical due to the way he presents himself (very bro-like, but cool!)

I'm watching the videos now. Never heard of him before today. So far his training is pretty good. Similar to things I've seen in other high-ticket courses. I like how he presents things and the training is definitely better than what I'd usually expect from a guru webinar. He has trained under Dan Kennedy according to the second video, so that may play a role in his presentation style. He is familiar with direct marketing approaches.

Phikey

Fortune favours the bold.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Nov 7, 2017
Sydney Australia

This guys' content is gold. I've been following him all last year.

One of my favorite videos from him:

All about setting expectations and how he had a manager fire all the team that were late to a meeting and it immediately set high expectations for the team. As a leader you have to constantly be setting the expectations.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

I first heard of him in another community where experienced entrepreneurs vouched for him. I was off-put at first as well but as I watched his course today I changed my mind.

I'm watching the videos now. Never heard of him before today. So far his training is pretty good. Similar to things I've seen in other high-ticket courses. I like how he presents things and the training is definitely better than what I'd usually expect from a guru webinar. He has trained under Dan Kennedy according to the second video, so that may play a role in his presentation style. He is familiar with direct marketing approaches.

Yeah definitely very into direct marketing stuff, sales, and advertising. He has tons of videos on YouTube. I only watched a couple of them as I don't really enjoy talking head videos.

One of my favorite videos from him:

Any favorite videos when he's showing something and not simply talking to the camera?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Blimey. I literally just found this guy a couple of days ago on TikTok of all places.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
I read his book “$100M Offers”.
It’s solid advice. I vouch for his message. It’s useful for any entrepreneur.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I read his book “$100M Offers”.
It’s solid advice. I vouch for his message. It’s useful for any entrepreneur.

The course I linked is his book as a course as far as I know.

What was your main takeaway and how did you apply it in your business?

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

I watched a video of his last night where he quoted the book “Ready, Fire, Aim” and reminded me to focus on one product, one avatar, and one channel.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018

The biggest takeaway for me was his way of thinking. It’s refreshing but can be summarized in one quote.

"He looked at me soberly and said: “Make people an offer so good they would feel stupid saying no.”" (Alex Hormozi, $100M Offers)

I’ve used this thinking in developing my pitch to investors successfully. Don’t feel like going into details on a public forum. DM if you want to know more. Happy to share in private.

Other quotes I got from the book:

"The Grand Slam Offer only becomes valuable once the prospect perceives the increase in likelihood of achievement, perceives the decrease in time delay, and perceives the decrease in effort and sacrifice." (Alex Hormozi, $100M Offers)

"Example: If you buy this golf club, your drive will increase by 40 yards. Your golf buddies' jaws will drop when they see your ball soar 40 yards past theirs . . . they’ll ask you what’s changed . . . only you will know." (Alex Hormozi, $100M Offers)

"“What would I need to show someone to solve this problem?” Then we are going to reverse each element of the obstacle into solution-oriented language. This is copywriting 101." (Alex Hormozi, $100M Offers)

"I have always lived by the mantra, “Create flow. Monetize flow. Then add friction.” This means I generate demand first. Then, with my offer, I get them to say yes. Once I have people saying yes, then, and only then, will I add friction in my marketing, or decide to offer less for the same price." (Alex Hormozi, $100M Offers)

"You ultimately get paid for thinking. You got this." (Alex Hormozi, $100M Offers)

"Step #1: We figured out our prospective client's dream outcome. Step #2: We listed out all the obstacles they’re likely to encounter on their way (our opportunities for value). Step #3: We listed all those obstacles as solutions. Step #4: We figured out all the different ways we could deliver those solutions. Step #5a: We trimmed those ways down to only the things that were the highest value and lowest cost to us. All we have to do now is… Step #5b: Put all the bundles together into the ultimate high value deliverable." (Alex Hormozi, $100M Offers)

"psychological levers: bonuses, urgency, scarcity, guarantees, and naming." (Alex Hormozi, $100M Offers)

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Alex’s stuff is great as it is, also read his book. Stuff in there definitely works, I’ve been using similar tactics and procedures.

But personally I found it quite boring. Not a fault of the book, but rather the point in my life when I’ve read it.

It felt like a rehash of what the masters of direct response marketing have been saying all along, which I’ve read years before. The only difference is that it was specifically applied to modern times.

So if you haven’t read Gary Halbert, Ben Suarez, Joe Karbo, Robert Collier, Claude Hopkins, John Carlton, John Caples, Vic Schwab, Gene Schwartz, and so on, then I guess you’d find this book genius.

I will say that Alex has an awesome story though, which really shows the power of niching down, building case studies, and scaling that way rather than based on sales outreach alone. He went after gym owners, got results WITH permission to document and share case studies (and that’s very important), and used THOSE case studies as ads to other gym owners. He conquered the niche, one of the best and most effective executions I’ve seen.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
MOD NOTE: This discussion was pulled out of the Random Chat thread...

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

FNeu

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Dec 2, 2021
The biggest takeaway for me was his way of thinking. It’s refreshing but can be summarized in one quote.

"He looked at me soberly and said: “Make people an offer so good they would feel stupid saying no.”" (Alex Hormozi, $100M Offers)

I’ve used this thinking in developing my pitch to investors successfully. Don’t feel like going into details on a public forum. DM if you want to know more. Happy to share in private.

Other quotes I got from the book:

"The Grand Slam Offer only becomes valuable once the prospect perceives the increase in likelihood of achievement, perceives the decrease in time delay, and perceives the decrease in effort and sacrifice." (Alex Hormozi, $100M Offers)

"Example: If you buy this golf club, your drive will increase by 40 yards. Your golf buddies' jaws will drop when they see your ball soar 40 yards past theirs . . . they’ll ask you what’s changed . . . only you will know." (Alex Hormozi, $100M Offers)

"“What would I need to show someone to solve this problem?” Then we are going to reverse each element of the obstacle into solution-oriented language. This is copywriting 101." (Alex Hormozi, $100M Offers)

"I have always lived by the mantra, “Create flow. Monetize flow. Then add friction.” This means I generate demand first. Then, with my offer, I get them to say yes. Once I have people saying yes, then, and only then, will I add friction in my marketing, or decide to offer less for the same price." (Alex Hormozi, $100M Offers)

"You ultimately get paid for thinking. You got this." (Alex Hormozi, $100M Offers)

"Step #1: We figured out our prospective client's dream outcome. Step #2: We listed out all the obstacles they’re likely to encounter on their way (our opportunities for value). Step #3: We listed all those obstacles as solutions. Step #4: We figured out all the different ways we could deliver those solutions. Step #5a: We trimmed those ways down to only the things that were the highest value and lowest cost to us. All we have to do now is… Step #5b: Put all the bundles together into the ultimate high value deliverable." (Alex Hormozi, $100M Offers)

"psychological levers: bonuses, urgency, scarcity, guarantees, and naming." (Alex Hormozi, $100M Offers)
Great info here, thanks for posting this!

I was going to DM you, but your profile is private and I can't even access your profile apparently. But I would be very interested in learning more about what has worked for you when making offers to investors as I have been struggling with this lately.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019
He is good! I like his content, Mostly Free Content with valuable insights.
he does not yell and neither pressures to his audiences.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I’ve enjoying watching YouTube shorts and TikToks from lots of different experts. There’s an art to adding value in such a short format. They're like Twitter for video.

I believe this is cut from a longer video, as most of these videos are.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
On the subject of that video, it reminds me what I tell Google Ads clients and students:

I’ll do what people don’t think to do, don’t know how to do, or just don’t want to do.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Just wanted to add on the topic of differentiation as described in that short video above...

@Andy Black, @Black_Dragon43, @Speed112

I came up with a new idea recently, started working on it, and just realized that there's very little differentiation there (it's an idea for a newsletter). Consequently, the offer sucks. Even if it's a free newsletter, it's still an offer and it fails the first requirement of a strong offer.

Most content-based ideas (if not all) can't ever become a category of one. You'll always be struggling as a sort of a commodity. Content is too easy to produce and its value these days is extremely low (compared to something like a super customized service, a live event, or a strong e-commerce brand selling products people love).

The only exception I see for a content-based business is if you have a rare personality and don't mind turning yourself into an icon/meme, like for example David Goggins, or if you're a hot girl creating content on something usually dominated by men. Regular boring people don't stand a chance to create a truly lucrative (high 6-figures or 7 figures plus) content-based business.

The only thing you can do to differentiate is pick a more obscure topic, a subcategory within a subcategory. But with time, if others start writing about the same topic, your only difference will be that you were the first one, unless in the meantime you figure out a way to offer something unique besides your content.

Thoughts?

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Thoughts?
My thoughts… I think “content” is just a way to buy credibility and authority. People go about creating content to build trust + authority and attract the right audience, right?

The barrier to entry to creating content is seemingly low… but doing it right actually takes a lot of specialized knowledge, so the real barrier to entry is much higher. I think anyone can build a personal brand if they put out content regularly and it’s high value content. But it just takes time, it will not be instant. It’s not like the traditional direct response guys where you’ll just make something and start selling it to a hungry market. It’s like a slower process of building an audience, to THEN sell to them

If you have a local business, the way you build an audience is by getting known locally and repeatedly selling/approaching the same people. Building a reputation. You can’t do that as easily online because it’s very hard to come across the same people twice, basically the field of play is too large for any branding effort to stick. So what you need to do is start with a smaller community… then branding can start playing out… you get known for xyz in that community, you build authority and a following and so on. Once you have that, you can expand and bring other people into the fold.

I’ve been building a lot of content last year and this one, including my podcast. Yes, there is a lot of content in marketing/entrepreneurship. It’s as crowded as you can get. But most content sucks. It’s stuff like “here are 7 ideas to make money online” or “7 steps to start a google ads campaign”… it doesn’t really solve a problem, it’s built just to get SEO rank. Basically common knowledge, already available.

Consider this article: How To Remove The ClickFunnels Affiliate Badge (Even If You Go Over 20K/Month Visitors!)

I’ve got a ton of people reach out to me due to it over the last 2 years. Easily 20-30. Unlike most other shit articles on the topic, it tells them how to get rid of the affiliate badge WITHOUT buying the premium subscription. That’s what everyone wants to know… but everyone out there hires bad content writers who just write about things they already find online, they don’t figure things out for themselves. I figured it out. No one else shares that knowledge about using the piece of code. So it’s high value. Now it sits at number 1 on Google for the right search terms after 2 years.

Was it hard? Not at all. Could someone else do it? Sure. They just don’t think about it, or they don’t have the specialized knowledge.

And you are right, if you add a PERSONAL touch to a content-based business, that is even better. Which is why this year I’m going personal a lot more with it!

So if you want to run a content business, you’ve got to build a BRAND. Even an impersonal brand. You need a brand these days. You can’t just create a great info product and hope you’ll get noticed. Nor can you try to sell information directly at higher prices until you’ve got a brand. At least not on most topics… maybe you could do it on the hot topic of the hour, say NFTs. Do it well, give people specialized knowledge they can’t get elsewhere, etc.

Also, it’s much easier to sell content to people in the format they like. These days, that’s mostly video/audio for the most part, though writing still has its place.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
So if you want to run a content business, you’ve got to build a BRAND. Even an impersonal brand. You need a brand these days. You can’t just create a great info product and hope you’ll get noticed. Nor can you try to sell information directly at higher prices until you’ve got a brand. At least not on most topics… maybe you could do it on the hot topic of the hour, say NFTs. Do it well, give people specialized knowledge they can’t get elsewhere, etc.

Thanks for your thoughts.

So summing it up, don't sell info products if you don't want to spend years building your reputation, turning yourself into a personal brand, or creating products in a format you don't like (video/audio).

I'm slowly starting to think that the #1 key to disproportionate success in business the lazy 80/20 way is to find a starving crowd and pick a unique vehicle to solve their problems (so in most cases, NOT content). Yeah, you can make it with all kinds of products in all kinds of crowded niches but the job is much harder then. Better strategize longer and find your unique angle than jump into a new me-too business, even if possibly lucrative.

I actually have a great example of the above. I once had a productized service business in the self-publishing industry (I documented this in my progress thread). Even though I had zero "reputation" among authors as a self-publishing guru, I had LOTS of orders coming in because I offered a service nobody else offered that solved a burning problem. It was a no-brainer to buy it and I think it was my only product that was so damn easy to sell I didn't even have to be particularly convincing.

In the end, I sold the business as back then I wanted to refocus on writing but it worked well the entire time I had it (except for being priced too low, so not a great return on my time) and then worked for the new owner as well (until Amazon changed something on their site and forced the new owner to shut down the business).

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Thanks for your thoughts.

So summing it up, don't sell info products if you don't want to spend years building your reputation, turning yourself into a personal brand, or creating products in a format you don't like (video/audio).

I'm slowly starting to think that the #1 key to disproportionate success in business the lazy 80/20 way is to find a starving crowd and pick a unique vehicle to solve their problems (so in most cases, NOT content). Yeah, you can make it with all kinds of products in all kinds of crowded niches but the job is much harder then. Better strategize longer and find your unique angle than jump into a new me-too business, even if possibly lucrative.

I actually have a great example of the above. I once had a productized service business in the self-publishing industry (I documented this in my progress thread). Even though I had zero "reputation" among authors as a self-publishing guru, I had LOTS of orders coming in because I offered a service nobody else offered that solved a burning problem. It was a no-brainer to buy it and I think it was my only product that was so damn easy to sell I didn't even have to be particularly convincing.

In the end, I sold the business as back then I wanted to refocus on writing but it worked well the entire time I had it (except for being priced too low, so not a great return on my time) and then worked for the new owner as well (until Amazon changed something on their site and forced the new owner to shut down the business).
So look at it this way… if you have a brand, you can sell anything. It doesn’t matter what it is, doesn’t even matter if it’s top notch quality. Tony Robbins can put out a program that’s garbage today, and it will still sell and get rave reviews from diehard fans.

If you don’t have a brand, then your offer, market, message fit better be DAMN good. That’s why all the DR guys who don’t focus on brand spend so much time on selecting a hungry market, a no-brainer offer, and great messaging. Without that, you can’t win if you don’t have a brand.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
If you don’t have a brand, then your offer, market, message fit better be DAMN good. That’s why all the DR guys who don’t focus on brand spend so much time on selecting a hungry market, a no-brainer offer, and great messaging. Without that, you can’t win if you don’t have a brand.

Very good point, thank you!

By the way, this tweet is relevant here:

View: https://twitter.com/BowTiedBull/status/1486064040409538561

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!