The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fastlane Opportunities for Writers

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Thanks for sharing the video. I've watched a few on this channel now. Whilst they are selling their services there is also so good, valuable content on there. If nothing, it's helping me become more organised.

I've watched a few of their videos as well and learned a lot. People are saying that pretty much all of the content from their paid Project 24 program is available as free YouTube videos (it's just not organized well).

I also wanted to mention Genius Link in case you don't know about it. It may be useful in your newsletter if you want to pull in some affiliate income and also when you promote a new book launch.

Thanks. Amazon doesn't allow links in newsletters, though, which is why I only use them on my website.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
People are saying that pretty much all of the content from their paid Project 24 program is available as free YouTube videos (it's just not organized well).
That's a good way of creating a paid product btw. Some people will pay for a shorter path through all your content.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Thanks. Amazon doesn't allow links in newsletters, though, which is why I only use them on my website.
Can you link to a page that then links to Amazon?

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Can you link to a page that then links to Amazon?

Affiliate fees for books and my click-through rates are so low it's not even worth my time to bother setting it up each time I want to send a link via the newsletter.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
I've watched a few of their videos as well and learned a lot. People are saying that pretty much all of the content from their paid Project 24 program is available as free YouTube videos (it's just not organized well).

I've paid for Project 24. A lot of their content is available free on YouTube and not organized well as you said.

They have a strong community of blog creators inside. You instantly can tell when someone's blog is created using their approaches because those blogs usually also use their Wordpress theme. I think it's called Avacado or Acabado or something like that.

They have a ton of course material inside their membership (at least they did when I joined) and it was pretty valuable stuff -, especially the YouTube course.

I've ranked several sites at the top of Google using their approaches. Mostly it's about creating good content in longer formats and then waiting forever (like 6 months) for that content to pick up and take off and then leveraging non-Google display ads + other products to create income systems.

They strongly promoted creating a YouTube channel for each blog site, even if the production quality sucks as long as they answer specific questions.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I've ranked several sites at the top of Google using their approaches. Mostly it's about creating good content in longer formats and then waiting forever (like 6 months) for that content to pick up and take off and then leveraging non-Google display ads + other products to create income systems.

Thank you for sharing your experience, Lex.

I actually created a website in the last couple of days (I mean identifying the niche, keywords, potential monetization, setting up the domain, hosting, site, etc. - no content yet) and then learned it would take at least 6 months to get any traffic using their methods.

I assume that after 6 months you merely BEGIN to get traffic, right? So it may take a year or more to get any visible traction and all this time you're writing tons of articles?

I understand that the 24 in their name is 24 months to have a website that can replace one's salary. If so, that's awfully slow, at least for a guy like me (and I assume you as well).

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Thank you for sharing your experience, Lex.

I actually created a website in the last couple of days (I mean identifying the niche, keywords, potential monetization, setting up the domain, hosting, site, etc. - no content yet) and then learned it would take at least 6 months to get any traffic using their methods.

I assume that after 6 months you merely BEGIN to get traffic, right? So it may take a year or more to get any visible traction and all this time you're writing tons of articles?

I understand that the 24 in their name is 24 months to have a website that can replace one's salary. If so, that's awfully slow, at least for a guy like me (and I assume you as well).

Yes, that's about the gist of it.

Some websites can get traffic faster if the niche is right, but generally, they're saying stick with it for 2 years. I think the timeframe can be reduced quite a lot if your YT channel starts to take off which is why they started pushing that method more heavily.

When I signed up, there was no talk of YouTube. I joined to learn about the blog side of things, and then discovered there was a YT aspect that got pushed more and more.

In their community, there are people who have pretty good results after 24 months. I forget how good those results were, but some were reaching 5-figures+ per month mostly from ads.

I think if you build it into a digital product site, then the money side of things really opens up.

Also, you should grow faster if you leverage paid ads to drive traffic, but then you're not really using their approach the way they describe it anymore.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Some websites can get traffic faster if the niche is right, but generally, they're saying stick with it for 2 years. I think the timeframe can be reduced quite a lot if your YT channel starts to take off which is why they started pushing that method more heavily.

That's extremely depressing.

In their community, there are people who have pretty good results after 24 months. I forget how good those results were, but some were reaching 5-figures+ per month mostly from ads.

I watched one of their videos in which they mentioned this website (viewer submitted) and said that it's making $18k/month. I find it incredible as it looks basic and cheap and the topic seems super niche.

Also, you should grow faster if you leverage paid ads to drive traffic, but then you're not really using their approach the way they describe it anymore.

Yeah, then it wouldn't make sense to write tons of content as you could simply create a product, write a few good articles and then focus 100% on ads and you'd start making sales way faster than within 2 years.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
I watched one of their videos in which they mentioned this website (viewer submitted) and said that it's making $18k/month. I find it incredible as it looks basic and cheap and the topic seems super niche.

That site has people posting articles at least every day, sometimes 3x a day... they must be ranking for a ton of keywords.

I've been wondering over the last 2 days what to do with a blog I have that gets just over 3k visitors a month... the last few posts on this thread have given me some ideas, thanks guys!

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
That site has people posting articles at least every day, sometimes 3x a day... they must be ranking for a ton of keywords.

Their YouTube channel is also quite big. They probably count income from every source and YouTube has to account for at least a few thousand dollars a month (if not more).

MattL

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 31, 2014
Finland
RE: The SEO discussion going on.

Income School is an established player that is positioned quite well for the "get started with blogging" crowd. They've got some good videos - nothing wrong with them. Personally I prefer smaller channels (btw, just realized I said "channels" here. Not "blogs".....) that are "in the trenches", with small niche followings, being really transparent. In the SEO space there are several interesting ones, such as this guy, this dude (nice book in the background) and I was gonna link a third channel for the tripling effect but can't think of any.

Also you might want to check out the r/juststart subreddit - search or filter by case studies to get some insights to the effort and number of articles you need to pump out to get traction.

RE: The YouTube discussion going on.

I've experienced the exact same thing @Andy Black mentioned about Twitter. Take your foot off the gas and you come to an immediate stop. There's no coasting.

I think YouTube and video in general is the better play going forward (why do you think Google rewards videos in blog posts so much..), for that there's these great channels.

RE: Newsletters

Only sending one email each month is crazy. Most engineer-types think that the only value that exists is information. "I need to provide value in my emails so I'll only email when I have something important to say." Bs. If you feel like you don't have anything important to share, just remember that they signed up to hear your take on whatever it is you're an expert on.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
If you feel like you don't have anything important to share, just remember that they signed up to hear your take on whatever it is you're an expert on.
Bingo.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Dec 3, 2018
UK

DavidePaco00

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 27, 2022
What are in your opinion the best Fastlane opportunities for writers? Which opportunities are exhausted and which ones may still have a bright future? Is writing still a lucrative skill or should writers consider it more of a supplemental skill?

I've been in the self-publishing industry for the past seven years. It's no longer such a gold mine as it was in the past. With no strong competition for Amazon on the horizon, it's becoming more and more of a business dependent on just one company, with thousands of competitors both corporate (traditional publishers) as well as individuals (who often flood the market with cheap, low quality ghostwritten books and manage to game the Amazon's system).

I'm wondering if writers today should still first consider going into book writing/publishing or perhaps try something else and stay away from books.

What are your thoughts on various business models for writers? How would you monetize your writing skill in the most Fastlane way possible?

The way I see it there are three main paths:
  • book publishing - crowded, Amazon-dependent, you can sometimes spend months working on a book only for it to fail miserably (there's no easy way to test a product before creating it),
  • copywriting - may become a career instead of a business, though some copywriters earn incredible amounts of money (like Jay Abraham who's technically more of a consultant),
  • blogging/courses/other digital products not sold as books - this requires a personal brand and narrowing your expertise to one main topic. Also, writing seems to be more of a side skill here, with marketing experience and personal branding being the primary skills needed.
Any other thoughts you have, feel free to post them here. I'd like this thread to become a regular discussion for writers on the forum.

Tagging @ChickenHawk, @MJ DeMarco, @Bekit.

I think that writing is great, in the meantime tho, You should strive to build Your personal brand.

Even tho I think Tik Tok is toxic, is has ENORMOUS business potential.

So, ideally, while You're building Your audience, You should start figuring out what book does Your audience want to read, because that the important thing initially.

Your first books should be based around the market trends, THEN , when You've built a strong reputation as a writer, You can start writing whatever the Hell You want.

That's because You've built authority, so everyone knows that You can bring a lot of money to their business, even if You write unconfortable truths.

Hope that helps,

Davide.

DWX

Getting on with it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Nov 19, 2015
UK
Free awesome SEO course:
SEO Writing Masterclass - SEO Writing Masterclass 2.0

The presenter is super fun and the information is very well explained without any of the shadiness of SEO.

Also, this will require a longer post but I just started playing with Surfer SEO and holy F*cking shit, it's MIND-BLOWING.
Curious, how are you finding Surfer SEO a couple of weeks on?

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Curious, how are you finding Surfer SEO a couple of weeks on?

So far I wrote four long tail keyword focused articles with it. It's been working great.

The articles start ranking between position 10-25 within a day. I imagine that within a few weeks they should be in top5.

DWX

Getting on with it
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Nov 19, 2015
UK
So far I wrote four long tail keyword focused articles with it. It's been working great.

The articles start ranking between position 10-25 within a day. I imagine that within a few weeks they should be in top5.
Damn, that's impressive. I assume your domain isn't aged?

AI is shaking things up.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
Damn, that's impressive. I assume your domain isn't aged?

AI is shaking things up.

I posted the first content on the domain on January 31 and it went "live" on February 3 so it's out of the sandbox already (it's been over 6 months).

Two things for clarification:
  • I'm targeting VERY uncompetitive keywords with VERY little volume. We're talking Ahrefs' KD of 5 or less and a few dozen searches a month (but combined with variations it may be closer to a couple of hundred a month). That's unless I find an exception like with one of the keywords that has 2,500 monthly searches yet has almost no real competition. I'm already #10 for this keyword and I know the article will crush the competition since its quality is by far the best out there.
  • I don't use Surfer's AI-writing feature. I only use their Content Editor to help me use the right keywords and terms with the right density. Then I use their Audit to further optimize the article.

GiacoQ

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Mar 31, 2022
Quali sono secondo te le migliori opportunità Fastlane per gli scrittori? Quali opportunità sono esaurite e quali potrebbero avere ancora un brillante futuro? La scrittura è ancora un'abilità redditizia o gli scrittori dovrebbero considerarla più un'abilità supplementare?

Sono stato nel settore dell'auto-editoria negli ultimi sette anni. Non è più una miniera d'oro come lo era in passato. Senza una forte concorrenza per Amazon all'orizzonte, sta diventando sempre più un business dipendente da una sola azienda, con migliaia di concorrenti sia aziendali (editori tradizionali) sia privati (che spesso invadono il mercato con ghostwriting a basso costo e di bassa qualità libri e riuscire a giocare con il sistema di Amazon).

Mi chiedo se gli scrittori di oggi dovrebbero ancora prendere in considerazione la possibilità di dedicarsi alla scrittura/pubblicazione di libri o forse provare qualcos'altro e stare lontano dai libri.

Cosa ne pensi dei vari modelli di business per gli scrittori? Come monetizzeresti le tue capacità di scrittura nel modo più veloce possibile?

Per come la vedo io ci sono tre strade principali:
  • editoria di libri: affollata, dipendente da Amazon, a volte puoi passare mesi a lavorare su un libro solo per farlo fallire miseramente (non esiste un modo semplice per testare un prodotto prima di crearlo),
  • copywriting - può diventare una carriera invece che un business, anche se alcuni copywriter guadagnano incredibili somme di denaro (come Jay Abraham che è tecnicamente più di un consulente),
  • blog/corsi/altri prodotti digitali non venduti come libri: ciò richiede un marchio personale e restringere la tua esperienza a un argomento principale. Inoltre, la scrittura sembra essere più un'abilità secondaria qui, con l'esperienza di marketing e il personal branding come abilità primarie necessarie.
Qualsiasi altro pensiero tu abbia, sentiti libero di pubblicarlo qui. Vorrei che questo thread diventasse una discussione regolare per gli scrittori del forum.

Tagging @ChickenHawk, @MJ DeMarco, @Bekit.
Scrivere per libri sappiamo non soddisfa i CENTS. Per chi non ha gran budget come me può essere un buon inizio e può costituire un effetto leva per altre attività veramente fastlane!

OBIETTIVO/STRATEGIA 1 anno: pubblicato 9 libri + 3 collaboratori

1) Pubblico una serie di libri da colorare/mandala (li disegno io con autocad, competenza acquisita come professione ingegnere) su Amazon. Aiuto gli altri adulti a rilassarsi e ai bambini ad imparare le forme/geometria/colori;
2) Creazione Casa editrice
3) Cerco grafici per fare libro da colorare (un libro 108 pagine in cambio coach su come autopubblicarsi)
4) Cerco accordo con grafico per pubblicazione 50% con mia casa editrice
5) Copywriter Cerco per casa editrice

OBIETTIVO/STRATEGIA 3 anni: pubblicato 18 libri + 12 collaboratori

1) creatore diario crescita personale
2) ideatore agenda/diario
3) implementato un'azienda specializzata in intelligenza artificiale
4) creare video corsi
5) creare audio libri

OBIETTIVO/STRATEGIA 5 anni: vendita quota società + royalties libri

Grazie di tutto. Come posso aiutarti.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.