• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

A HUGE Fastlane opportunity for food/commodity entrepreneurs

Discussion in 'Business Models, Niches, Industries' started by YoungPadawan, Oct 26, 2018.

1. YoungPadawan

YoungPadawan Miles to go before I sleep Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $686
    I just stumbled upon this website earlier today and thought I would share this:
    Export Essentials Online

This website shows you how to export ag commodities and food products from the U.S. to other countries.

Considering everybody and their mother is importing stuff from China, why not try exporting there?

China's population is exploding and they are ravenous for meat products and other food products. Considering that only 15% of China's land can actually be cultivated, they are importing huge quantities of food products from other countries.

Not only that - think of all the shipping containers in the U.S. that go back to China empty. There is ENORMOUS opportunity here. The potential for BILLIONS.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
  2. amp0193

amp0193 Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $49,507
  3. Scot

Scot Ductus Exemplo Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $57,077
    You’re right. I did get 6 hours of sleep last night. I can shave this down to 4.

I saw this thread earlier. I wish I could weight in on this as the “food guy” but I don’t know much about Ag exporting.

4. YoungPadawan

YoungPadawan Miles to go before I sleep Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $686
    Also, with this tool, you can see who the biggest importers are of a particular food or commodity:
    OEC: The Observatory of Economic Complexity

I'm sure there are a bunch more resources on how to do this, (buying bulk, or growing, bulk commodities and distributing them) this was just something I stumbled upon.
    You could become your own mini Cargill! :hilarious:

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
  5. amp0193

amp0193 Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $49,507
    Not yet.

FYI, I learned today that some states offer grants to small businesses looking to start exporting their products.

YoungPadawan likes this.
  6. YoungPadawan

Rep Bank:
    $686
    Raoul Duke likes this.
  7. YoungPadawan

Rep Bank:
    $686
    Yeah, I'm finding that there are TONS of associations and government programs that LOVE to see people exporting food products and would be more than willing to help.

Raoul Duke likes this.
  8. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke Tallest Lannister Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $10,195
    About a hour up the road from my house. A new Rice farm/mill was built. The person who owns it, is from China.

YoungPadawan likes this.
  9. Davejemmolly

Davejemmolly Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,101
    Chinese corporations have been buying up millions of acres of wheat and grazing country in Australia for at least 15 years now (probably longer).

A lot of these companies appear to be backed by the Chinese government, so I suspect internally, they’re well advanced in solving this problem, and at massive scale.

Ie - in late 2016 a Chinese company bought a 33% share in Australia largest privately held landholding (34,000 square miles) in a collaboration with Australia’s richest woman, in venture called Australia Outback Beef

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
    Dramolion, Scot and YoungPadawan like this.
  10. YoungPadawan

Rep Bank:
    $686
    Yep, they've also been purchasing land in Africa and buying soybeans from Brazil as well. I just used China as an example.

Corn, soybeans and wheat are just three commodities. There is still enormous opportunity to export there, and this will be a major problem for the Chinese government in years to come because of rising wages in China. The middle class is getting a major appetite for meat products and there have been food scandals in China that have turned the Chinese on imported food products from countries that have stricter regulations.

There will ALWAYS be shortages in certain countries and surpluses in others. There are TRILLIONS of dollars getting shipped between countries. If you can help stabilize the distribution of these food commodities, you can be worth billions.

Shepherd likes this.
  11. Davejemmolly

Davejemmolly Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,101
    I read somewhere (it might have been on here!) that 90% of all shipping containers head back to China empty, and that amazon have recently (last couple of years) been granted an international shipping license, which has the potential to dramatically decrease the cost of international shipping both out of, but also into China.

Definitely opportunities there, if you’ve got enough moxie!

YoungPadawan likes this.
  12. Tommo

Tommo Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,495
    OK Young Padawan,great idea. In Australia there have been fighting in the supermarkets(Chinese folk) over baby formulas which they then send back to China for sale at a huge profit. There is a very strong and rich market there for baby formula,if you have a quality product in the USA then fill those containers up someone.

YoungPadawan likes this.
  13. YoungPadawan

Rep Bank:
    $686
    Exactly! In 2008 there was a baby formula scandal in China where there was Melamine in the formula and infants we're getting kidney stones and some died. Pretty bad stuff.

14. Shepherd

Shepherd Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,681
    Great post. Definitely need to do some research since I'm already in the Ag space.

YoungPadawan likes this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.