The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fastlane Mindset, slow/fast life

Scarp577

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
500%
Jun 24, 2020
Greenville, SC
Hi! Wanted to introduce myself: I live in South Carolina, and I would say I'm living a semi-fastlane life at the moment. My wife and I are both real estate agents, and I also do real estate photography, and freelance writing. We invest in real estate, stocks, and mutual funds, and we're both in the process of writing books.
A few weeks ago, I read Millionaire Fastlane , and much of it resonated strongly with me. I would say that the evolution of my mindset over the years (using terminology from the book) is that I was raised on the sidewalk due to parents lifestyle, spent the first few years of marriage with a disciplined slowlane mindset (due to my wife's parents lifestyle), and then in the past 3 years or so have started transitioning over to a fastlane mindset. We're fortunate to own our home outright, so we don't have the specter of mortgage hanging over us. This has freed up money that we're able to invest with builders, and eventually we're looking at rental property ownership.

I was most especially intrigued by the idea in "Fastlane" about impacting many people. While owning rentals does have an appeal, I realized through the book that it is self-limiting in its impact: you can only impact the few people living in the property.

I have some ideas for larger businesses with greater impact, but as I learned in the book, ideas are basically worthless. I am reading Unscripted now, and I look forward to learning more from that as well as learning from this community. Thank you!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

tonibob

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jun 22, 2020
London
Hi @Scarp577 ,

Welcome to the forum, I am new as you are and still reading the TMF . I haven't been brave enough to share my story yet and introduce myself, but been active reading through the forum replaying and learning new stuff everyday. Like minded people drive us to push the boundaries and go to our own paths!
I hope you will benefit greatly from the advice you find here.

Best of luck!
Pete

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007