The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fastlane Fasting Friends

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018
@Ben Taylor, @JScott, @Brian Suh how are you doing guys?

Welcome aboard, thanks for your support!

We're more than halfway through, one day left!

The strawberries will taste soooo good on Saturday :)
The first day was hell then I began to love the hunger pangs just as how lifting weights hurt but you later love the pain.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ben Taylor

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Dec 7, 2015
I'm doing well. I'm about 39 hours in and I'm aiming for 84 hours, so I'm almost halfway through.

No real hunger pangs or anything like that but I used to do 72 hour fasts almost every weekend during high school, and still semi-regularly do 24 to 36 hour fasts, so I'm not all that surprised I'm not really feeling it.

With that said though, I haven't worked out yet and plan to tonight, so we'll see how that goes.

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018
I'm doing well. I'm about 39 hours in and I'm aiming for 84 hours, so I'm almost halfway through.

No real hunger pangs or anything like that but I used to do 72 hour fasts almost every weekend during high school, and still semi-regularly do 24 to 36 hour fasts, so I'm not all that surprised I'm not really feeling it.

With that said though, I haven't worked out yet and plan to tonight, so we'll see how that goes.
I’m hesitating to workin our fasted as I fear losing muscle. Want to give it a try and come back with results? Could be a fun experiment

Ben Taylor

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Dec 7, 2015
I’m hesitating to workin our fasted as I fear losing muscle. Want to give it a try and come back with results? Could be a fun experiment

I'll try it out but if it comes down to it, I'd rather finish the fast than push myself to finish the workout.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
May 1, 2011

I'm doing my usual workouts and it's fine. You won't lose muscle by exercising on a fast. In fact, weight training during a fast helps preserve muscle mass.

Sources:

Perhaps it's different during a longer fast but it wouldn't make sense that exercising during a prolonged fast would make you lose muscle.

JordanS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 8, 2014
About 40 hours in. Feeling great.

Not really hungry or anything. My brain definitely was trying to get me to eat last night which caused me troubles falling asleep but I woke up early with a good amount of energy. Surprisingly alert and energetic today.

Brian Suh

Silver Contributor
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
May 19, 2018
Fasting for 3 days then doing full body workouts 2 days with only having collagen. Feeling great already. How high and how amazing can my health get? Why do drugs when you already feel alive?!

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
May 1, 2011
Made it 42 hours, and then had a group lunch meeting at a restaurant. I caved. Which is sad because I routinely do 48 hours. Planning to try again next week.

Good luck next week then!

DAY 3

62 hours in, the last day ahead. Planning to break the fast tomorrow between 9-11 AM, which will make it approximately a 90-hour fast.

Weight: 181 lbs / 82.3 kg (-2 lbs, - 0.6 kg)

I was feeling noticeably worse yesterday afternoon and evening and had a tough night (I woke up a few times). Also been getting heart palpitations, which I guess might be a lack of some electrolytes so I'm drinking more mineral water now (perhaps I should take some salt?).

I'm more than looking forward to breaking the fast tomorrow, not because of hunger pains or anything like that but because I'm starting to feel more sluggish, which might be my mind playing tricks on me, electrolyte imbalance or perhaps just too much stress on the body (still doing my usual workouts - did two yesterday, have two planned for today and one more in the morning before breaking the fast tomorrow).

@Timmy C, @Bearcorp, you guys are almost finished! How is it going?

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
I’m cruising! Been quite surprised actually, I’m the type of guy that gets a bit “hangry” when I haven’t eaten for a few hours, but haven’t had any issues with that. The mild headache I had is long gone, if anything I feel a bit more tired than usual. I am starting to miss eating and thinking about the foods I enjoy a bit more today, but overall all good :thumbsup:

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
I failed guys, i made it to 60 hours and succumbed to a snow-pea i was prepping...

Not happy considering how close i came, positives is i have never been without food for so long and it really tested me mentally, that's for sure.

No doubt i would have got rid of some of the crap lurking around inside me.

Also my desire for coffee is gone i used to be a heavy drinker, now i can't imagine drinking it again.

I will do the challenge again and align it with 2 of the days that fall on my days off work, this will make it easier to deal with.

People where actually trying to make it difficult for me at work and get me angry... people are so strange but i will do this challenge again soon 100%

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
May 1, 2011
Sorry to hear that people were sabotaging you, @Timmy C. You definitely had it harder than the rest of us due to your job. Still, 60 hours of fasting without any prior experience is an accomplishment. You can post the date of your next attempt here in this thread and maybe someone will join you.

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
Sorry to hear @Timmy C but you’ve achieved a lot in this time. For one breaking what you thought was a coffee addiction is excellent news, and a great experience to see how people around you can work against you, because that exists everywhere. Friends, family, work, there are always people trying to hold others down rather than boost them up. Set your goals, keep them to yourself (or share on this forum with like minded people for instance) and go and get it. Good luck with your next attempt :thumbsup:

Boyd

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
Apr 2, 2011
Florida
59 hours and still going.

Felt a little tired and weak late yesterday afternoon. Probably because of a long day at the day job. Also looking forward to breaking the fast. Not so much because my body needs to eat, more that my mind wants to eat. Been thinking a lot about safe, healthy foods I can eat to end this fast the right way.

Last day guys. Push through it.

Rawseed

Legendary Lurker
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Mar 1, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Over 61 hours down. Less than 29 hours to go.

Staying hydrated.

Very clear thoughts. Slight headache. Bubble guts.

But, I get to eat tomorrow.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
Fasting is much easier if you carry around a thing of water. Whenever you get hungry, just drink water. It tend to knock out the hunger pangs.

Also it's good to know that hunger pangs subside. Ghrelin, the hormone mainly responsible for hunger, comes in waves and after a short amount of time it will subside.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFT2IKmwyfg

fishgodeep

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
374%
Oct 11, 2015
Edmonton
We’re almost there. How’s everyone doing?

I’m finding falling asleep to be difficult. This is probably because I usually eat late and as such go to bed with a full stomach. I do end up waking up feeling good though.

Workouts have been feeling good, can’t really say there’s been a big difference. Energy levels have been stable.

The real battle is in the late evening, when the day is done. This is when my mind starts playing tricks on me. The demons come out at night as they say.

I’ll be finished this evening, making it 72 hours. Planning on doing a 48 hour next week. Probably going to make this a regular thing

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
May 1, 2011
Not so much because my body needs to eat, more that my mind wants to eat.

Same for me. I'm mentally tired of fasting and really looking forward to eating tomorrow. I'm extremely grateful that this fast is 100% voluntary. Makes you realize how lucky you are to have food on your plate every day.

66 hours in. We can eat again tomorrow. Woop!

Woop woop!

Over 61 hours down. Less than 29 hours to go.

Staying hydrated.

Very clear thoughts. Slight headache. Bubble guts.

But, I get to eat tomorrow.

We're almost there!

Also it's good to know that hunger pangs subside. Ghrelin, the hormone mainly responsible for hunger, comes in waves and after a short amount of time it will subside.

Yeah, I've noticed that it does come in waves and they do go away quickly.

We’re almost there. How’s everyone doing?

I’m finding falling asleep to be difficult. This is probably because I usually eat late and as such go to bed with a full stomach. I do end up waking up feeling good though.

Workouts have been feeling good, can’t really say there’s been a big difference. Energy levels have been stable.

The real battle is in the late evening, when the day is done. This is when my mind starts playing tricks on me. The demons come out at night as they say.

I’ll be finished this evening, making it 72 hours. Planning on doing a 48 hour next week. Probably going to make this a regular thing

Yes, falling asleep and for me sleeping as well is difficult (woke up a few times last night, hope it won't happen this night again).

As for the workouts, I did my workouts as usual and so far it has been okay. Perhaps I was a little bit tired, but more mentally than physically (I like to motivate myself when working out thinking about food I'm going to eat afterwards haha).

My girlfriend has been going strong as well. Super proud of her considering it's the first time she's fasting for such a long period of time. She's coping by writing down foods she wants to eat and restaurants she wants to go to after breaking the fast :)

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
Saturday morning here, 84 hours since my last meal and the fast is over! Going out for breakfast in an hour or so, not sure what’s on the menu yet!

Yesterday I missed eating mentally like a few others have said, seemed to notice food outlets everywhere when driving and food adverts everywhere! Didn’t have any strange dreams (bit disappointed with that :hilarious:) and abs aren’t visible*, but there was always going to be a bit more work required before that happened!

I hope everyone else is still soldering on to the finish line, thanks for organizing this @MTF and @Sander learnt a lot about myself the last few days.

*EDIT I took my photo after this message and the top 2 are showing :praise: Scales we’re broken when I weighed in on Wednesday so I’m a bit disappointed not to know the weight lost.

Last edited:

Boyd

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
223%
Apr 2, 2011
Florida
Crap. I absentmindedly took a gulp of my wife's soda. About a half hour after the carbs and sugar hit me, my stomach started growling like crazy. I broke down and decided to eat something, thus ending my fast.

It's weird because I wasn't even thirsty. We were in the car together and the soda was sitting in the holder between us. Without even thinking, I instinctively reached down and grabbed it. Everything suddenly went into slow motion as I realized what I did.

It's amazing how ingrained our food habits have become. At least for me, anyway.

I'm not going to consider this a failure, though. I lasted a lot longer than I thought I could. I'll definitely try another prolonged fast again soon.

Here are my final numbers:

Fast duration: 70 hours, 22 minutes.
Staring weight: 196.4 lbs
Ending weight: 190.2 lbs
Total weight lost: 6.2 lbs

Overall, I'm very pleased, albeit a little disappointed I couldn't properly finish. Huge congrats to those who make it all the way.

Last edited:

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
May 1, 2011
Saturday morning here, 84 hours since my last meal and the fast is over! Going out for breakfast in an hour or so, not sure what’s on the menu yet!

Congratulations! Let us know how the breakfast was!

And to quote this:

My GF doesn’t think I’ll make it past lunch on Wednesday haha.

Hope your success has changed her perception of you ha!

Crap. I absentmindedly took a gulp of my wife's soda. About a half hour after the carbs and sugar hit me, my stomach started growling like crazy. I broke down and decided to eat something, thus ending my fast.

Sorry to hear that, but 70 hours is still 70 hours! It's also a good lesson about self-awareness.

DAY 4 - Let's Finish This

Weight: 179 lbs / 81.1 kg (-3 lbs / -1.2 kg)
Total weight lost: 8 lbs / 3.8 kg

85 hours in. Yet again had trouble falling asleep yesterday and woke up at night, but it wasn't as bad as two days ago.

There's one last fasted workout ahead of me. In a couple of hours I'm going to end the fast with a Greek salad I've been thinking about for the last three days haha. My girlfriend is going to break her fast with me. She had her last meal about 2 hours after my last meal, so that makes for her 83 hours now.

For some reason, this fast was more difficult for me than the last one I did about a year and a half ago. Perhaps it's because of a much higher activity level. Anyway, I'm very glad I did it as it was a very good exercise for self-discipline and a general life lesson.

I feel grateful that we could share this experience together. I'm rooting for the rest of you guys who are about to finish soon as well. Please post how you broke your fast, let's enjoy some food pictures haha.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Well done to everyone who made the 72 hour challenge!!

As a side note i have started a 18 hour fast today, i am not going for this particular challenge yet but i am sold on fasting in general....

I feel younger, more energy and focus!

Hell i even got a business idea from my job that could potentially have fastlane potential, i think this is due to the mental clarity.

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
Congratulations! Let us know how the breakfast was!

And to quote this:

Hope your success has changed her perception of you ha!

Sorry to hear that, but 70 hours is still 70 hours! It's also a good lesson about self-awareness.

DAY 4 - Let's Finish This

Weight: 179 lbs / 81.1 kg (-3 lbs / -1.2 kg)
Total weight lost: 8 lbs / 3.8 kg

85 hours in. Yet again had trouble falling asleep yesterday and woke up at night, but it wasn't as bad as two days ago.

There's one last fasted workout ahead of me. In a couple of hours I'm going to end the fast with a Greek salad I've been thinking about for the last three days haha. My girlfriend is going to break her fast with me. She had her last meal about 2 hours after my last meal, so that makes for her 83 hours now.

For some reason, this fast was more difficult for me than the last one I did about a year and a half ago. Perhaps it's because of a much higher activity level. Anyway, I'm very glad I did it as it was a very good exercise for self-discipline and a general life lesson.

I feel grateful that we could share this experience together. I'm rooting for the rest of you guys who are about to finish soon as well. Please post how you broke your fast, let's enjoy some food pictures haha.

Yep she was quite impressed! We met after my sporting days had finished so she’s never seen me apply much discipline in that way, business wise yes but not so much health and fitness, something I need to change.
Breakfast was great, I was wary of getting anything too unhealthy, I got a photo but I’ll wait until everyone’s finished before I post it!

Thanks everyone who posted here and kept encouraging each other, I went back and forth with myself before I committed, wasn’t sure I could do it, but glad I did :fistbump:

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
What meal is everyone having to break their fast?

Mine was green eggs, ham and rye bread with an English tea. I was a big coffee drinker prior to this but I’d like to avoid it as much as I can now if possible, what’s yours going to be?

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
May 1, 2011
What meal is everyone having to break their fast?

Planning a Greek salad with tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, feta cheese, olives, and olive oil. Should be light enough to break the fast, but damn it will be tasty! I'll take a picture, too but won't post it until everyone's done (I think that @Sander will finish last).

I think that it's best to break the fast with something that won't spike your insulin levels like crazy, so I would avoid eating fruits by themselves or anything with simple carbs. Vegetables or something rich in fat and proteins should be good. After a few hours you should be able to eat whatever you want.

Last edited:

Sander

When in doubt, dare.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
323%
Mar 19, 2014
Going straight on keto after this. My first meal will be dinner tonight, grilled meat, salad and them strawberries for dessert. 10 hours to go!

And feel free to post your pictures now by the way, been looking at recipes, food tv shows and planning next week's meals with my wife, so a few photos here is no problem :)

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
Couldn’t finish it all! I’m 6’3 and 105kgs so it’s unusual for me not to finish any meal let alone on after 3 days off!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.