The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fastlane Fasting

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)

Phew, I'm about 4 hours away from eating a small meal. Been fasting for the day and I'm fairly hungry, I think everyone should give this a try. Myself personally having a sweet tooth you learn that ''hunger'' is actually not real at all!

Cravings for goodies like chips, chocolate or anything that tastes amazing is just a trick your brain plays on you from the dopamine releases after satisfying an urge to indulge.

I'm going to add this into my life more, being ''controlled'' by hunger and food cravings is something I'd like to erase from my life, a week ago I binged on pizza and chips and felt like total garbage, now having no food in my stomach I actually feel great.

Feel free to share any benefits you've experienced from fasting! Hopefully this could help some people.

7. Could Delay Aging and Extend Longevity

Several animal studies have found promising results on the potential lifespan-extending effects of fasting.

In one study, rats that fasted every other day experienced a delayed rate of aging and lived 83% longer than rats that didn’t fast (27Trusted Source).

Other animal studies have had similar findings, reporting that fasting could be effective in increasing longevity and survival rates (28Trusted Source, 29Trusted Source, 30Trusted Source).

However, current research is still limited to animal studies. Further studies are needed to understand how fasting may impact longevity and aging in humans.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TheFitVegan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Jun 22, 2020
United States

Phew, I'm about 4 hours away from eating a small meal. Been fasting for the day and I'm fairly hungry, I think everyone should give this a try. Myself personally having a sweet tooth you learn that ''hunger'' is actually not real at all!

Cravings for goodies like chips, chocolate or anything that tastes amazing is just a trick your brain plays on you from the dopamine releases after satisfying an urge to indulge.

I'm going to add this into my life more, being ''controlled'' by hunger and food cravings is something I'd like to erase from my life, a week ago I binged on pizza and chips and felt like total garbage, now having no food in my stomach I actually feel great.

Feel free to share any benefits you've experienced from fasting! Hopefully this could help some people.

7. Could Delay Aging and Extend Longevity

Several animal studies have found promising results on the potential lifespan-extending effects of fasting.

In one study, rats that fasted every other day experienced a delayed rate of aging and lived 83% longer than rats that didn’t fast (27Trusted Source).

Other animal studies have had similar findings, reporting that fasting could be effective in increasing longevity and survival rates (28Trusted Source, 29Trusted Source, 30Trusted Source).

However, current research is still limited to animal studies. Further studies are needed to understand how fasting may impact longevity and aging in humans.

Don't you get acidic feeling in your stomach while you are fasting for so long?

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Don't you get acidic feeling in your stomach while you are fasting for so long?

No not at all! I just feel a bit hungry for the day but eventually it goes away, today I haven't ate breakfast and was out doing some work, didn't eat until 6pm or so! Just had a small snack in the morning.

The easiest ways to break into fasting is by starting off just skipping breakfast one day and easing into it, a bit off coffee just to suppress appetite helps as well for the first time, juice fasting is a good start as well as it also will help with the hunger cravings.

As long as you stay hydrated you can go 1 or 2 days before your body even goes into true starvation mode, and also fight off the acidic feeling in your stomach. Alot of us carry around enough fat for our body to use for energy.

Personally I've lost about 40 pounds so far from intermenit fasting, I'll start my day with a run on an empty stomach, it's worked wonders for me.

gryfny

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jun 11, 2019
Europe
[...]
a bit off coffee just to suppress appetite helps as well for the first time
[...]

I do not recommend drinking coffee on longer fasts (24+ hours). I usually have more trouble sleeping during the first night of my fast, and coffee really keeps you up when fasted.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
i'm doing OMAD and girlfriend is doing 16/8. Got to turn the body into a fat burner instead of a sugar burner.
LOT of good Ted Talks out there on the subjects!

@Sheens is putting together a 'just get F*cking started' newsletter with some of this in the health section. @sparechange needs to signup!

Sheens

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Jan 13, 2018
USA
Myself personally having a sweet tooth you learn that ''hunger'' is actually not real at all!

Way to go @sparechange!

Are you watching your water intake? Most guys can handle near a gallon a day. And you may want to add salt to the water at times to help control your electrolytes and feel even more awesome!

Hunger can easily be mistaken for thirst and cravings for sweet are often really your body wanting salt. Hah, that makes it tricky : )

12-16 hours intermittent fasts have been the most often recommended and studies with an 18/6 show a lot of promise and potential for more benefit. That 6 hour window flies by pretty fast!

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Way to go @sparechange!

Are you watching your water intake? Most guys can handle near a gallon a day. And you may want to add salt to the water at times to help control your electrolytes and feel even more awesome!

Hunger can easily be mistaken for thirst and cravings for sweet are often really your body wanting salt. Hah, that makes it tricky : )

12-16 hours intermittent fasts have been the most often recommended and studies with an 18/6 show a lot of promise and potential for more benefit. That 6 hour window flies by pretty fast!

I haven't tried the salt trick yet, I'll give that a go on my next fast, as for water I'm just drinking a few glasses, not being to much of a perfectionist about it.

TheFitVegan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Jun 22, 2020
United States
No not at all! I just feel a bit hungry for the day but eventually it goes away, today I haven't ate breakfast and was out doing some work, didn't eat until 6pm or so! Just had a small snack in the morning.

The easiest ways to break into fasting is by starting off just skipping breakfast one day and easing into it, a bit off coffee just to suppress appetite helps as well for the first time, juice fasting is a good start as well as it also will help with the hunger cravings.

As long as you stay hydrated you can go 1 or 2 days before your body even goes into true starvation mode, and also fight off the acidic feeling in your stomach. Alot of us carry around enough fat for our body to use for energy.

Personally I've lost about 40 pounds so far from intermenit fasting, I'll start my day with a run on an empty stomach, it's worked wonders for me.

Ohh that looks quite a lot interesting. I want to decrease around 15 pounds. But, I feel acidic if I fast for long time (just water hydration doesn't work up on my acid thing) So, can you suggest me what kind of diet should I follow?

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Ohh that looks quite a lot interesting. I want to decrease around 15 pounds. But, I feel acidic if I fast for long time (just water hydration doesn't work up on my acid thing) So, can you suggest me what kind of diet should I follow?

I'm horrible with diets and far from being an expert so can't recommend any, as for fasting, if you want to drop 15 pounds you could do that within a couple months!

Try doing some cardio on an empty stomach, it's maybe one of the best ways to lose weight. Also if you do some strength training like body weight squats, that will help accelerate weight loss.

TheFitVegan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Jun 22, 2020
United States
I'm horrible with diets and far from being an expert so can't recommend any, as for fasting, if you want to drop 15 pounds you could do that within a couple months!

Try doing some cardio on an empty stomach, it's maybe one of the best ways to lose weight. Also if you do some strength training like body weight squats, that will help accelerate weight loss.

That looks good. Thank you!

Knuffix

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Jul 25, 2014
I've been doing Intermittent Fasting since 2011 with varying degrees of consistency.

First I've stopped eating breakfast as I can't seem to stomach it. I'll make an exception while on vacation because I'm usually doing lots of sightseeing by foot during the day or I'm going mountain hiking every day.

What I currently do is eating two meals on workout / hiking days while at home and only one meal (somewhere in the time between 4-6pm roughly) on "rest days". Works pretty good for me so far.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.