The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Fastlane boot.

Tactical

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Apr 9, 2016
Lincoln, Nebraska
I write this as I am at my dead end job. Earlier last year, I heard a rumor that an employee here "retired" from this place with NO RAISE in her 20 years of working here. Insanity. I requested vacation time in short notice to see my family in laws in another state. I was denied because other people already requested those days off. I have to ask permission to stay home with my family. Sometimes I have to make up excuses or reasons why I can't be in. Certainly this isn't the life for me. I am much smarter than this. I'm not bragging, I truly feel this way. In the next paragraph, I will explain why being here on this forum has a huge meaning for me. I finally get to join because I believe I have found my idea that I will be sticking with and will actually pursue. I couldn't join this forum without having an idea to enter a progress thread. I felt I didn't rate to sign up. You won't likely be seeing me giving advice, but I probably will join in discussions I think are interesting. Finally, I am happy I am finally in because I really, really need the support from other like minded individuals. I CANNOT find anyone here, physically in my hometown that has the ambition, and the like mind that I have and it is very lonely. From my year or 2 observation here, this is my place to be. My heart has lifted a bit. MJ, all these books I have read about money were the same old thing. I had spent a couple of years reading the same content on money. I was about to stop looking. In fact, your book was my last hope of gaining the needed knowledge and so I thank you sincerely.

I left the Marine Corps as a Sgt. Came back home and married. My wife soon became pregnant with twins. Had an emergency C section with the twins being premature of 22 weeks. One came out 1lb 3oz and another 1lb 5oz. One survived and the other passed at the age of 22 days. I had to make the decision to pull the plug on her. Our other daughter had to stay in the NICU for 10 months, enduring 14 surgeries and being on life support for 2 weeks. This was worse than any combat experience I have been through. through all of this, I still had to work to get money to sustain us. F*ck you work. Medical bills piled up on us like big time. there is a TON of stories I can go into, but fast forward to present to save me time so I can get back to working. I been busy to provide for my family. Currently I am working full time with mandatory overtime every other weekend, full time school (GI bill, going for welding technology) which I am almost done with, and I stay up to help my wife with the kids because that IS full time job alone, especially with our disabled daughter. I HAVE TO start something and achieve my goals for the family. I'm tired of it all. I don't get to see my kids. I'm dying here.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JacobBW

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Mar 28, 2016
Australia
Hey @Tactical
Welcome!
It sure seems like you've got some pretty pressing reasons to get it all sorted, and I'm glad you've come up with an idea that you think you can stick with to the finish.
Have you done anything to validate the idea yet?

Tactical

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Apr 9, 2016
Lincoln, Nebraska
Hey @Tactical
Welcome!
It sure seems like you've got some pretty pressing reasons to get it all sorted, and I'm glad you've come up with an idea that you think you can stick with to the finish.
Have you done anything to validate the idea yet?
Not quite, but it is logical. I am fairly certain it will do the job. I guess it has already been validated, but I don't see it marketed how I will market it. I will fabricate the product to my own liking which would be convenient, then I will lend it out to companies and people for free a few times is what I am thinking.

W4RHRSE

High Speed, Low Drag
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
139%
Mar 10, 2016
Central Virginia
I write this as I am at my dead end job. Earlier last year, I heard a rumor that an employee here "retired" from this place with NO RAISE in her 20 years of working here. Insanity. I requested vacation time in short notice to see my family in laws in another state. I was denied because other people already requested those days off. I have to ask permission to stay home with my family. Sometimes I have to make up excuses or reasons why I can't be in. Certainly this isn't the life for me. I am much smarter than this. I'm not bragging, I truly feel this way. In the next paragraph, I will explain why being here on this forum has a huge meaning for me. I finally get to join because I believe I have found my idea that I will be sticking with and will actually pursue. I couldn't join this forum without having an idea to enter a progress thread. I felt I didn't rate to sign up. You won't likely be seeing me giving advice, but I probably will join in discussions I think are interesting. Finally, I am happy I am finally in because I really, really need the support from other like minded individuals. I CANNOT find anyone here, physically in my hometown that has the ambition, and the like mind that I have and it is very lonely. From my year or 2 observation here, this is my place to be. My heart has lifted a bit. MJ, all these books I have read about money were the same old thing. I had spent a couple of years reading the same content on money. I was about to stop looking. In fact, your book was my last hope of gaining the needed knowledge and so I thank you sincerely.

I left the Marine Corps as a Sgt. Came back home and married. My wife soon became pregnant with twins. Had an emergency C section with the twins being premature of 22 weeks. One came out 1lb 3oz and another 1lb 5oz. One survived and the other passed at the age of 22 days. I had to make the decision to pull the plug on her. Our other daughter had to stay in the NICU for 10 months, enduring 14 surgeries and being on life support for 2 weeks. This was worse than any combat experience I have been through. through all of this, I still had to work to get money to sustain us. F*ck you work. Medical bills piled up on us like big time. there is a TON of stories I can go into, but fast forward to present to save me time so I can get back to working. I been busy to provide for my family. Currently I am working full time with mandatory overtime every other weekend, full time school (GI bill, going for welding technology) which I am almost done with, and I stay up to help my wife with the kids because that IS full time job alone, especially with our disabled daughter. I HAVE TO start something and achieve my goals for the family. I'm tired of it all. I don't get to see my kids. I'm dying here.

First things first... From one Vet to another, Thank you for serving! And welcome!

I know that fire burning in your gut. Telling you you HAVE to do something. I know it well!

I am sorry to hear about what has recently happened! The road of life rarely is kind or smooth, but I swear, some people are tested more than others.

Do yourself a favor, read some books and keep stopping in here. If I may speak plainly, your attitude could use some modification.

I look forward to advice and ideas you have to post. We all have outlooks and as military personnel, sometimes we look for steps on how to do things. We have always done steps so out outlook can be a bit differant. But it's no big deal!

Read some Gold Threads here and start figuring out what you would like to do. Zone in on one thing and run with it Bro!

I look forward to seeing you around and anxiously await your input on many subjects!

I am always available to message if you'd like.

All the best! Go for it! Mash the skinny pelal!!

Newpollz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
Nov 14, 2015
Certainly this isn't the life for me. I am much smarter than this. I'm not bragging, I truly feel this way.

Friend, I can recognize conviction when I see it.

I cannot really imagine what you had to go through, but what I do know is that you must not give up.

Life is cruel. You chose to marry your wife, have kids and join the Marine Corps.

You are choosing to stay at this job.

I had spent a couple of years reading the same content on money. I was about to stop looking. In fact, your book was my last hope of gaining the needed knowledge and so I thank you sincerely.

Hey so there's still hope right. The more a truth is true the more it is covered by bullshit (like TMF being treated like another get rich quick book). I don't know @MJ DeMarco personnaly but if I were him and I had put that much effort and time in a book I WAS ASKED TO WRITE all while my alternative is chilling in the pool in Arizona and enjoying every day of my life. AND I WOULD STILL WRITE THE F*ckING BOOK, man it would piss me off for it to be treated like coming from another "self-proclaimed" guru.

So yeah, you did find gold. Don't stop here, truly.

Dig more, where there is a will there is a way.

And you may very well end up finding your way right here.

Start reading the slowlane posts to really nourish your anger, then move over to the fastlane/mindset-learning-choices category.

Captain Jack

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
280%
Nov 16, 2015
USA

Welcome to the forum!

I'm a recently separated vet as well and the transition to the civilian world alone could be dicey in and of itself. I can't even imagine what you must be going through.

Thank you for your service and feel free to drop me a PM if you need anything.

ChickenHawk

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
468%
Aug 16, 2012
Butt in Chair
Welcome! And thank you for your service!

It sounds like you're really overwhelmed right now, which is definitely understandable. I can't even imagine how awful that must've been do lose one daughter and have another one with all those medical challenges. You sound like a great dad and a great husband. Hang in there! It sounds like you're taking some positive steps. Good luck!

Imgal

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Aug 9, 2015
It is great to have another new member to this amazing forum.

I appreciate that you are feeling like you're dying now, but how about we flip that on its head and look less at you dying and more as a new, even more amazing you is just starting to take shape. The one who is going to achieve everything he wants... and seriously kudos for you for having goals. Most people fail because they want things from life, but have no clear roadmap to what they want to do. I know I've wasted months on one project because despite working with people to get them structured and moving forward, I totally let it slip in this case and threw away hours of productive work meandering aimlessly from one thing to another.

I am sorry to hear of the adversity that you've been through, but the fact you have already tells me that you have the determination, focus and commitment to push through the hard times, all essentially qualities to be succeed in this game.

My advice now you're here is to read as much as you can. Ask questions, but ask them knowing that people will pull apart everything you say. Know they will probably question why you're doing something. Many newbies feel battered and bruised by this and run away. The truth is it's actually done with love to make sure people don't repeat the same mistakes many of us have.

If you want this, you got this.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...