The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Family and friends can open doors

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

JoelM

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Feb 21, 2018
Maryland, MD
This is part of my process:
After deciding to make my move for the fastlane, I told my family several weeks ago of my plans to quit my job and use my savings for a business idea I was putting together. My mom received the idea with skepticism at first, but then she was supportive. My wife on the other hand, questioned me more deeply regarding my plans. Her response was to wait for about two years before making any significant change that we would regret. She had very valid concerns and I was being selfish trying to change the lifestyle of two people with just one mind.

Then, my wife presented me with a business idea we had contemplated last year, but never talked through because we had slowlane lifestyle/mentality. We discussed this plan and now she is the one doing all the coordination and acquiring the resources we need because she has connection and knowledge. We start operations in the following weeks. The initial stage of the business starts overseas and we will not see each other for several months because I have to stay in my 9-5 job for about a year.

My thoughts are: If your family or friend can help you and they have a sidewalk/slowlane lifestyle, just do your best to make them understand. Of course, I don't think they would believe someone who is deeply in debt or someone that don't follow thru on his/her word. Maybe it would save you years to achieve your goals and you can change someone's life forever.
To be continued...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

daivey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Apr 6, 2014
why would u quit your job - cash flow - to start a business that u dont even know if it works?
have u tested your idea?
does it work?
do u have sales?

drumworx

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
Mar 16, 2018
Sao Paulo, Brazil
This is part of my process:
After deciding to make my move for the fastlane, I told my family several weeks ago of my plans to quit my job and use my savings for a business idea I was putting together. My mom received the idea with skepticism at first, but then she was supportive. My wife on the other hand, questioned me more deeply regarding my plans. Her response was to wait for about two years before making any significant change that we would regret. She had very valid concerns and I was being selfish trying to change the lifestyle of two people with just one mind.

Then, my wife presented me with a business idea we had contemplated last year, but never talked through because we had slowlane lifestyle/mentality. We discussed this plan and now she is the one doing all the coordination and acquiring the resources we need because she has connection and knowledge. We start operations in the following weeks. The initial stage of the business starts overseas and we will not see each other for several months because I have to stay in my 9-5 job for about a year.

My thoughts are: If your family or friend can help you and they have a sidewalk/slowlane lifestyle, just do your best to make them understand. Of course, I don't think they would believe someone who is deeply in debt or someone that don't follow thru on his/her word. Maybe it would save you years to achieve your goals and you can change someone's life forever.
To be continued...

Hey man

I think this is great. I am in a similar position - I could leave my job tomorrow but honestly, it takes a LOT of the risk out of it if you can start the work NOW and potentially start clearing some profit by the time you leave your job (and hopefully, you are already scenario planning how to cover your expenses for a while if the business hasn't kicked up by then...this was quite important for me to convince my wife).

We have a 10-month old baby girl, so the pressure is there to "do the right thing" and "take one for the team" by just staying in your job and providing security. But this way I believe I will give my daughter much more - not really just financially - but by becoming the person this process will mould me into. If you don't have kids yet, DO IT NOW, because this extra little person adds a lot of insecurity you would need to overcome. I'm happy to be on the other side of it right now :)

We actually ended up doing the same thing - starting a business together based on some ideas my wife had. She's focused on designing great products from scratch and my job is to ensure our brand and commercials don't just ME TOO but truly fastlane and differentiate and create scale. It's a great combo in our case.

My strategy right now is to work from when I (or baby) wakes up until I go to my 9-5. The culture here is to take 60-90 minute lunchbreaks at surrounding restaurants...while my colleagues do this I take my personal netbook and my lunch into a quiet space and continue my own thing. When I get home I spend time with wife and baby until after her bath & bedtime...then I am back at it and / or reading until bed. I'm literally fitting it into every spare moment I get...because where we are at right now there is a lot to do.

I have a countdown clock online that counts down to the day that I quit and go into this all full time. It both reminds me there is a light at the end of the tunnel...and that there is no time to waste!!!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.