The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Elon Musk acquires Twitter, Discuss

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I think he was just showing off his strength. I bet over half of those die hard woke employees would not even be able to lift a sink, let alone know what to do if one needed fixing.
What's the story behind the sink?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
629%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
iu

Elon has the right shadow backers - Twitter won't be allowed to fail.
You sure?

221b32966b8447a9b05ae635e72db23a

"shut it down"

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
Hot take: Elon will drastically improve Twitter despite social and legal pressure from the government to limit free speech. Because free speech and critical thinking (now known as conspiracy theories) are dangerous to their stronghold.

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
405%
Apr 16, 2019
The ideologues that were on a high horse talking down to others about systemic and racial privilege are melting down as their systemic and social privilege is shaken.

I wonder how the AOCs of this world feel when he openly mocks them. And they can’t do anything about it other than to pay the $8 to complain about their predicament on Twitter, driving engagement and revenue back to Elon. Engagement is at an all time high and breaking records seemingly every day. From the fact that we’re all discussing it here and from my own increased Twitter engagement, I don’t reckon he’s lying.

After the lunacy from the past few years that has gripped MSM, this energy of satire exposing the bs is so welcome.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
You sure?

221b32966b8447a9b05ae635e72db23a

"shut it down"

I take that as seriously as them saying that they'll pay back $10K of everyone's student loans. They're pandering to their voters (who hate successful people).

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
629%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
I take that as seriously as them saying that they'll pay back $10K of everyone's student loans. They're pandering to their voters (who hate successful people).
If I had to guess I would say that something very interesting will happen and it will suddenly not under his control anymore, or it will get smacked so hard by "regulators" that it will fold. And it will look very suspicious but nothing will be done about it.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
If I had to guess I would say that something very interesting will happen and it will suddenly not under his control anymore, or it will get smacked so hard by "regulators" that it will fold. And it will look very suspicious but nothing will be done about it.

My take is that he's mostly the front man for a group of people that wanted control over Twitter, so he might not even be calling the shots now.

Though, to somewhat contradict what I previously said, big companies like regulation because they kill competition.

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
492%
Aug 13, 2018

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Let the billions of dollars in FREE publicity for a new Twitter begin! If we can't control it, we need something new!

Do you think this article would exist if Twitter didn't change hands? Nope!!

Again, culture and all their puppets are so predictable, it is boring.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
405%
Apr 16, 2019

If there was a way to verify proof of humanity for each participant, you could turn Twitter into a real time voting system for so many solutions.

As an AI entrepreneur with billions in capital and an army of decentralization nerds rooting for him, I wonder if he really could turn Twitter into such a system.

This Twitter experiment is fascinating to watch unfold.

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
If there was a way to verify proof of humanity for each participant, you could turn Twitter into a real time voting system for so many solutions.

As an AI entrepreneur with billions in capital and an army of decentralization nerds rooting for him, I wonder if he really could turn Twitter into such a system.

This Twitter experiment is fascinating to watch unfold.
While I was doing some quests on Rabbithole, a long time ago there was a quest for PoID using BrightID (BrightID). Had to hop on a call with others, verify we are who we are, and by the # of verifications proved our identity. Interesting concept.

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
405%
Apr 16, 2019
While I was doing some quests on Rabbithole, a long time ago there was a quest for PoID using BrightID (BrightID). Had to hop on a call with others, verify we are who we are, and by the # of verifications proved our identity. Interesting concept.

Cool I hadn't heard of that one. I do know there are a number of efforts to solve the issue. Proof of humanity in a seamless and efficient manner is a critical piece of the social puzzle in the age of AI.

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
Cool I hadn't heard of that one. I do know there are a number of efforts to solve the issue. Proof of humanity in a seamless and efficient manner is a critical piece of the social puzzle in the age of AI.
It definitely wasn't an optimal solution as there were issues with the amount of time it took to become verified after being validated by other users. But it was interesting to see what approach they were using to deal with PoID.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
Trump to be reinstated on Twitter, allegedly because the poll Musk put on Twitter went 51.8% vs. 48.2% in favor of reinstatement. One wonders what would have happened had the poll gone the other way.

View: https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1594131768298315777
He probably would have rerun the poll in a month or two after handling the bots and used that as the excuse. He said watching the bots vote in real time was interesting. I think that was the reason for the poll. Post a highly controversial and political poll, analyze the voting patterns to identify the bots, and then take action on the bot accounts.

Last edited:

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Trump to be reinstated on Twitter, allegedly because the poll Musk put on Twitter went 51.8% vs. 48.2% in favor of reinstatement. One wonders what would have happened had the poll gone the other way.

View: https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1594131768298315777

Bet ya he also used that poll to also smoke out the bots. Pretty irresistible bait - see where the votes are coming from and look for suspicious activity.

He used a similar type of tactic way back at Tesla to figure out who was leaking info. Sent out an email to everyone with important info but with a tiny variation in each other. Once it was leaked he could tell who did it.

I’d say bot activity is about to go way down.

Also no new tweets from trump yet. I guess with his own app he will try resist. But I don’t think he can stay away from his beloved Twitter ha.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
I actually find all of this entertaining, I think the takeover might have been the best thing that ever happened to Twitter. Also reinstating Trump I think was a good move.

Having a platform for Freedom of Speech without content moderation or account deletion from power hungry corporations, let's the voice of America be actually heard versus trying to run or go with the scheduled propaganda.

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada
Twitter is back to being fun
View: https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1594470952187805696

And 2, it might be an experiment with insights for successfully running a Decentralized Autonomous Organisation. I hope he continues to ask the public to collectively make decisions, maybe not all of them but at least some of them. People might not be happy about the reinstatement of Trump, but in the end, the majority of people that voted accepted. Call it democracy, applied to a smaller scale.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane

Please SEARCH before posting.