The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Elon Musk's Letter to Twitter's Board for Private Buyout...

Anything related to investing, including crypto

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I invested in Twitter as I believe in its potential to be the platform for free speech around the globe, and I believe free speech is a societal imperative for a functioning democracy.

However, since making my investment I now realize the company will neither thrive nor serve this societal imperative in its current form. Twitter needs to be transformed as a private company.

As a result, I am offering to buy 100 percent of Twitter for $54.20 per share in cash, a 54 percent premium over the day before I began investing in Twitter and a 38 percent premium over the day before my investment was publicly announced. My offer is my best and final offer and if it is not accepted, I would need to reconsider my position as a shareholder.

Twitter has extraordinary potential. I will unlock it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada
Heard about it earlier today and boy... I am 100% behind him. Though with his other commitments, am curious to see how he would unlock the value. It can be a very good study case for having multiple businesses.

With the opportunity in microacaquisitions, we could be in a position to learn a lot, if he pulls it off and if he truly unlocks the value... Whatever that means.

And what a move, Warren Buffet like. Straight.

I like that dude.

Bing

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
254%
Aug 5, 2011
As far as billionaires go, I think Elon's my favorite. Twitter has the tech (infrastructure) and the audience (largest social media platform in the world by most metrics). It sounds like instead of trying to create an alternative (like Truth Social) he'd prefer a hostile takeover to avoid the chicken-or-egg problem all social media faces between users and content.

I'd love to see him succeed, but I'm worried he'll fall to the same social pressures of reddit, who started with the violentacrez fiasco and devolved to them banning /r/The_Donald.

If he doesn't forget that "free speech" includes offensive speech (and possibly even "hate speech") he might make it. But even if he accepts those hard truths at the cost of his audience, will it matter? Perhaps social media (and old-school MSM) has divided people too much to share a social platform in 2022. I hope not, and I wish Musk success here.

Guyfieri5

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Jul 13, 2019
Raleigh, North Carolina
This could fail but it's still legendary lol.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
It is not strange for a strategic grandmaster like Elon to have interest in twitter.

Attention span and influence are one of the most limited resource in today’s world.

Most of the wealth today are paper assets.

Twitter tweets move markets.

You control Twitter you control the global wealth and markets.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.