The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Does this forum have paid members?

Are EM

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Sep 10, 2019
You might think that I'm someone who shows distrust to this forum. No I don't. I am very much surprised with the amount of top quality information that I found in this amazing place. Lots of superstar contributors and real business advice. I don't know a single place where you can get such advises for free, they simply do not exist. Amazing!

But...

I am very skeptical by nature and when I see the structure of the top posts and the time that OP spends to share the info with others that one question constantly arises in my head is "Are they being paid for it?".

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019
Yes
INSIDERS Program = $120 a year and I think there are some few perks being an INSIDERS member

George Appiah

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
194%
Aug 16, 2018
Accra, Ghana
Yes
INSIDERS Program = $120 a year and I think there are some few perks being an INSIDERS member

No, I don't think that's what OP is asking for (people paying for privileged forum access).

OP is asking (I think) if people are paid to post... because he (she?) apparently can't believe people could offer so much value for free. :)

Are EM

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Sep 10, 2019
No, I don't think that's what OP is asking for (people paying for privileged forum access).

OP is asking (I think) if people are paid to post... because he (she?) apparently can't believe people could offer so much value for free. :)

Yup and I had to post this to off-topic section. Sorry guys.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
To my knowledge, MJ is the only one who makes any money from the forum directly.

People pay to post in the Marketplace.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
You are welcome to pay us. I’ll just PM you my bank details. :rofl:

What makes this forum so special is community. It is full of those who have built businesses based on value and that spills over to wanting to provide value in all areas of life.

To want to see others succeed and not make the same mistakes they, (we, I) have made.

I’m not a religious man but when the bible says:

“There is more happiness in giving than in receiving.”

I think many of us wholeheartedly would agree. We get ‘paid’ for every positive post we make that, in some small way, helps our fellow members. And we in turn are grateful for the advice and support we receive that helps us move forward on our path towards our goals.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
I m related in some forums with other subjects, where i have quite great knowledge.
there I loveto help people who want to be helped. For free since 20 years or more.

in this forum s subject, my knowledge is poor. But it grows by reading threads and posts.
I love to get a sight into the entrepreneurs world. sure many dream to do that themselves and maybe get rich doing it. But I think, only 5 percent of the members here get in action. And 1-2 succeed.

and those, who succeed, sure like to share their knowledge.
because they can.
and should they be payed, whom cares. I would vouchsafe.

Ocean Man

Life-long learner.
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Sep 26, 2018
United States
I don’t think there’s a better way to put it. @RazorCut described it the best.

Besides the marketplace, all posts are volunteer. We don’t get paid to post any information.

The community is close and we try the best we can to help each other out.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
I’ve got several gold and notable threads and a legendary forum tag. I’ve spent hundreds of hours on this forum posting.

Why?

Because this forum has given so much to me. Almost all of my current business exists because of help from other forum posts and members.

I don’t like to take without giving back. Because of all the amazing info I’ve received, I feel it’s only right to spend a few hours writing up a guide or two to give back to others.

That’s why this forum still exists over a decade later, because people continuously provide value.

And no, I’ve never been paid for this.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
I will be paid more than can be counted when I ask at the Summit for a show of hands of people I have directly helped and believe that I have changed their lives.

As @RazorCut and @Scot said above ......... we must light the path for those coming behind. We must send the elevator back down. We must help that one starfish...... whatever metaphor works for you.

We were all helped at some point by someone on this forum or through a relationship made via this forum. So now we are back helping the next group and passing that mindset to the next group.

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada
You might think that I'm someone who shows distrust to this forum. No I don't. I am very much surprised with the amount of top quality information that I found in this amazing place. Lots of superstar contributors and real business advice. I don't know a single place where you can get such advises for free, they simply do not exist. Amazing!

But...

I am very skeptical by nature and when I see the structure of the top posts and the time that OP spends to share the info with others that one question constantly arises in my head is "Are they being paid for it?".

Paid or not... Does it really matter?

If it provides real value to others, that's what matter.

But I don't think they are any. This is the beauty of this ecosystem. People succeeding AND helping others to do the same.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Members aren’t paid to post and moderators aren’t paid to moderate.

Add value though and you’ll likely get paid one way or another.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
Imagine a room you could walk into full of successful people trying to help each other out because pooling their resources and experiences together that will benefit everyone. Kind of like a public mastermind.

That's what this forum is, and I'd argue it's one of the only places on the internet like it.

There's a saying that goes "A criminal will never make more money than they could've made legally"

The same goes for paid forum posts. You'll stand to make far more by USING the knowledge here than you ever could getting paid directly for it.

I don't like attributing luck to success, but you are VERY lucky if you stumble upon this forum or are invited to join.

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019

Gotcha

"Paid Members" led me to think If he was asking to join INSIDERS
Thanks man for clarifying!

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

tylerwilkinson

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Sep 25, 2019
Rhode Island
I’m a noob around here. Already I have noticed exceptional commentary and thoughtful insights.

It’s nice when people have constructive discussions! I never assumed anyone was getting paid for it, just seems mutually beneficial. Helping others helps yourself. Someone smarter than me said that...

Bekit

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Aug 13, 2018

But...

You've possibly already seen this thread, as someone just bumped it, but recently someone proposed the idea of paying the forum members for high-value posts. You can read the reactions here...

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
Are there reasons why people might share knowledge without being paid to do so?... try to imagine.

There are people who post here who you couldn't pay for their time posting in a forum. They have all the "stuff" they want, and motivating them with more money would be ludicrously inefficient.

So why? One reason is just community. People want to talk to other people like themselves, about things they all do.

Another is that, when you have to explain something to another person, that thing becomes more clear in your own mind; we teach to reinforce our own learning.

Yet another is altruism, but maybe that's out? :happy: (A fluffy baby animal just exploded... look what you've done, altruism deniers!)

Fine, if you can't believe a measure of altruism exists, then there's the human social mechanism of reciprocity. Most people will feel a sense of imbalance if they receive more than they contribute. The only way to correct such an imbalance is to contribute back.

Take all that activity that comes with reciprocity and combine with a small dose of self-interest, and what do you get? You'll realize that when someone contributes enough and accrues enough credibility, other accomplished (or up and coming) people seek them out. Opportunities naturally arise.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

But...

You are looking at it the wrong way.

No, as a well respected member of the forum, I am not paid.

However, the forum has introduced me to a LOT of great people and has been responsible for a LOT of the profitable moves I have made over the years. The overall return on my investment here is considerable.

Thus, it is in MY best interest to contribute.

Last edited:

MythOfSisyphus

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
521%
Jan 15, 2018
Australia

But...

I don't blame you. I used to frequent a few forums where at the bottom of every "helpful" post would be a link to a sales page, or at least a signature urging you to "LEARN HOW I MAKE $178K A WEEK".

And while I'm sure there are a few guys who post to leverage traffic for their business (nothing wrong with that BTW if done the right way) I've found in general it's quite different here. Most people seem to genuinely just enjoy sharing ideas with like-minded people.

I've helped quite a few people on here just because they were curious and willing to ask questions of me. I don't want anything in return.

Last edited:

Are EM

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Sep 10, 2019
Paid or not... Does it really matter?

For me it matters since it clearly indicates what concepts a man values in his head.

You are looking at it the wrong way.

Yes, I see. Now it's clear. Thank you for your time, Kyle.

@Are EM

Maybe check out the book “Give and Take”.

Thanks for the book recommendation. :) Got the audio version.

Thanks for the replies. Appreciated!

Last edited:

Are EM

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
250%
Sep 10, 2019
I remember how I was on one page of this forum where all users were sorted by various achievements such as reactions, points, moderators and etc. I was searching again and couldn't find anything. If you know what I mean, can you guys provide a link?

EDIT: Notable members
I found it. Quite useful for someone new like me.

Last edited:

Entre Eyes

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Sep 7, 2019
Traveling to Higher Conciousness
There is a critic comment online somewhere I search for so many things at a time I can not remember what exactly I searched for but the guy said Fastlane is a "Meritocracy" mostly. :) I laughed but it is true to some degree..it can be very addicting. MJ is a master not only what he teaches and writes but what he actually does. And this forum technically the way it quotes and links it is a awesome case study continually evolving for better.

William Ainslie

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Dec 13, 2016
South Africa
The forum creates a place where people who know what they are doing share their experience and skills.

I believe it is because the trend has been set by MJ and the original members to make it an amazing place - Leading the way.

I myself will add value where I can to the level I am operating at.

Over time we get better and sharing better information feels good.

Give first and take second, and don't feel bad.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Even though I haven't contributed much to this forum.....

Paid members!!?? Where's MJ? I've been doing this free the whole time!!!??!?

Give me my money!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.