• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

7 Years on this forum - The Fastlane Journey through Life - Final Post

Discussion in 'General Entrepreneur Discussion' started by AndrewNC, Feb 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravens_Shadow

Ravens_Shadow Nick Seavert - JangaFX Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $13,716
    Sometimes we try to teach others what we ourselves need to learn the most. This is one of those cases, in which Andrew needed to learn more about relationships and women.

buildingbetter, MiaMills and Robert_R like this.
  2. rollerskates

rollerskates Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,650
    Cause and effect. Andrew, I'm sure you're still reading this, so I'll just say it: it's unlikely you'll be successful in the long run if your main interest is in being a man slut. Sorry for my crude language, but that is the only thing I see you as. You *want* to be successful, but you think the wrong things make one successful. Try not dating for a bit and see how much you get done. Really, no one wants to see you fail at life.

I haven't dated in years for personal, but mostly health reasons and yet I've created products for fashion week swag bags and created things that have been on TV.

OldFaithful, buildingbetter and Xeon like this.
  3. MiaMills

MiaMills Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $200
    Oh, wow. This is sad.
    My thoughts have spanned quite the range on this thread...

Azure and Xeon like this.
  4. Mattie

Mattie Platinum Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $24,438
    Xeon likes this.
  5. Xeon

Xeon Nessuna macchina per me se non una Pagani Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,080
    3 things I take away from reading Andrew's post:

1) NLP is BS. Maybe it works if you just take bits of it and apply to your life but the moment you go too deep into it, it screws you. I've seen NLP-obsessed folks in real life and my gut instinct always tell me to stay away from them.

2) Travelling is the best way to empty your bank account, even if you're a millionaire. The 2-way tickets, the hotel accommodation, the currency exchange rates, the food and the shopping.....
    Travelling is overrated and over-hyped by Instagrammers/Facebook nerds who love posting all these pics to exotic locations living the high life.
    Note to self: Avoid girls who love to travel and "globetrot". Will not give them a single cent and they've to fork it out themselves even if they're my wife.

3) It's a pity Andrew didn't continue his app business after it crashed (assuming it really makes 5 figures monthly).

6. ZF Lee

ZF Lee Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,431
    I wouldn't say NLP is BS. OVERUSE of it is.

Somehow, you can learn some tenets of NLP in the worst events of your life that demand you to think differently.

At the end of the day, I see NLP like steroids for my eczema. I use it in moderation, and don't force it on others.

On travelling, I believe that there are lots of ways to travel on the cheap, as long you have a budget. There's lots of discounts and cheap accoms parked all over the web to research.

For currency exchange, the USD still translates into good cash for many currencies. However, mine, the Malaysian ringgit is something like 1USD to 3.92 RM (as of now)...so I would need a bit more dough to have a nice travel.

You'll have to select certain places to visit, like markets or mainstream monuments. You can't visit them all!

And yes, social media overhype stuff, probably for their sales funnels to their 4-hr work week styled business and products. :happy::rofl:

And @Xeon, globetrotting is never wrong as long you stay true to your principles, remember your identity and have your limits with people. It is still a good way of learning about different cultures, opportunities and economies, although I would still stick to making a good Fastlane fortune first, and then travel as I like.

MustImprove, SteveO, Xeon and 2 others like this.
  7. Musashi

Musashi Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $679
    Travel a month through Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, India or Indonesia and tell me that again. If you avoid overpriced hotels you will spend less than being at home in Singapore. Guaranteed.

Bearcorp, SYK, Xeon and 4 others like this.
  8. Azure

Azure Perpetual Motion Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,451
    Not to mention a dozen European countries, Morroco, most, if not all of Central and South America and even the more developed countries in Asia like Taiwan.

There is a whole bunch of location independent "lifestyle business" owners out there who travel and live in these countries without breaking the bank. They call themselves Digital Nomads. Now, a good chunk of them are broke bloggers who chose to live in Thailand because they cannot afford to live anywhere else, but many of them are also living excellent lives.

JasonR, SYK, Xeon and 3 others like this.
  9. theag

theag Most Aggressive Guy on the Internet on the Planet Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $49,438
    Probably more likely $10,000 ("5 figures") in one month and 1-3 figures monthly after that.

ChrisR, jpanarra, Waisec and 9 others like this.
  10. csalvato

csalvato Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $21,828
    i think you’ve jumped to all three conclusions prematurely

11. ZF Lee

ZF Lee Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,431
    I have heard of decent programs that allow you to work for food and board too, with flexible time to travel.

Most of them are JOBS like fruit picking or manual labour or English teaching. I'm not sure if the rules have become stricter, but I'm sure they still exist.

Of course though, not all these jobs are 'sexy'. I never hear of a 'broke blogger' looking into such an option either.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Not really prematurely.

Most people can't travel or apply NLP due to lack of discipline, lack of mental fortitude and other reasons.

When I first travelled to NZ as a small kid, I disliked the entire trip as I got tired of the beautiful and picturesque scenery. Now I'm a different person.

Not everyone is cut out for the 'finer things' although they should try them out, the same way we approach college or coding.

Xeon likes this.
  12. csalvato

csalvato Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $21,828
    This is very different to "NLP is BS" and "Travelling is the best way to empty your bank account, even if you're a millionaire."

It would serve everyone to avoid speaking in, and supporting, absolutes.

13. Xeon

Xeon Nessuna macchina per me se non una Pagani Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,080
    Still costly actually lol. From MY/SG to say, Thailand for a week, with the cheapest air tickets and hotels, you still need $500 for everything, shopping and food etc. Places like Taiwan cost me around $750+ and I'm already scrimping on many things.

Imagine, what you can do with those hundreds of dollars...... buy more inventory, run ads, buy influencers, do all kinds of things with your hustle!

A month in those countries is still expensive, I would say you need to allocate a couple thousand USDs if you want to have a comfortable holiday. Not a fan of backpackers type of sweaty holiday lol

Imagine doing that several times a year. Imagine traveling to countries in Europe where their average food price (burgers etc.) makes the food here look cheap as dirt lol

Came across this gif just now...

[​IMG]

On the other hand, I still feel if he continued with the normal hustle instead of the guru direction, he could have made it big. Come on, he already has the best network by far : access to mj, bio, vig, jasonr.....:thumbsup:

ZF Lee likes this.
  14. biophase

biophase Legendary Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $151,437
    Traveling the world is not expensive. There’s no way someone would go broken traveling the world in moderation if they had a 5-figure location independent monthly income.

You know how you go broke traveling the world? When you don’t have any money when you start and you have no income while you travel.

15. Xeon

Rep Bank:
    $5,080
    THIS. Sorry, I just have not overcome my phobia of spending money.

ZF Lee likes this.
  16. Musashi

Musashi Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $679
    A ticket from Singapore to Thailand and back will cost you roughly 80 USD. A good and fresh meal in a local restaurant will cost you 1-2 USD. You can spend a fortune on everything in life.

Maybe you should rephrase your orgiginal statement: "The choices I make while travelling are the best way to empty my bank account."

I did that several times a year, for years. I still saved more than I would when being at home (Germany).

I can not think of any country in Europe which would do that. Singapore currently ranks as the top most expensive city in the world. Check it out: Singapore and Hong Kong Top World’s Most Expensive Cities

Xeon, ZF Lee and Azure like this.
  17. masterneme

masterneme Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,996
    I'm so confused right now... and I feel like I wasted my time writing on the "well defined" thread, many great posts from different people wasted after becoming such a joke...

Also, NLP is not BS but it doesn't work if you don't do it.

I've met some guys that became obsessed with NLP, they think that once mastered they'd be demi-gods or something, for me is obvious that they're just trying to mask their lack of self-esteem. A subconscious manifestation of their own perception of inadequacy.

I know people that make you feel weird when you talk to them, as if they were trying hard not to make it obvious that they're trying some tricks with you. They should remember that NLP is just a model of communication built on top of your own skill. If your basic skill is crappy, using NLP makes you look creepy AF.

And now I'm even more confused, if Andrew is an NLP Master practitioner why does he need a whole year to get rid of approach anxiety? Why doesn't he get an NLP partner and recondition each other?

And those fricking tags LOL!

Jello and ZF Lee like this.
  18. Fox

Fox Moderator Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $63,628
    $2,500 - $3,000 a month is a very realistic budget per month (all in) for most of South America and Europe (not Zurich or Monaco of course). This includes a nice apartment, gym, food, flights, insurance, dates, sightseeing, and good food. It is going to nice places and doing fun things.

You could do it cheaper or you could just learn to make more money and do it right. The difference between spending 1500 and 2500 in a cheaper country is massive. Think amazing sushi a few times a week and a maid versus staying a hostel listening to drunk tourists trying to make toast at 3:20am.

"But Fox you could save all that and invest it in..."

Yes but I am happy taking an extra one or two years to get to my end goal so that I can see a bunch of nice places along the way. I know I could be making more if I locked down in one city and worked hard but I enjoy seeing the world and moving around. For me travel is the end goal so might as well start early ;)

19. Knugs

Knugs Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $970
    Is there proof he has ever had an iOS business?
    or that he had 1.3million downloads

cant trust no more

ZF Lee, Azure, PedroG and 2 others like this.
  20. johnp

johnp Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,653
    I agree that you can't trust anyone. However, he did. I remember when he started it. It was in the News Stand (which I don't think exists anymore). Not sure about the current status of things now.

I personally don't get the whole NLP thing. I tried it for a day, then realized that it took time away from trying to find success in my own business.

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it works, but nothing replaces hard work, grinding it out, and pushing through your own barriers. In other-words, just doing it. Unfortunately, you can't build a big business off of the advice, "Just do it."

Xeon, ZF Lee and SquatchMan like this.
  21. Your Boy George

Your Boy George Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $227
    Jesus Christ. I don't know Andrew personally but anyone who has done this and sees nothing wrong with it should NOT be giving advice to men on their dating lives.

Big red flag. Law of Attraction is cancer if not balanced with healthy pessimism. To infer that you're super into the Law of Attraction means that you're somehow fucked in the head denying reality. Like sure, I'm into Law of Attraction but guess what else I'm really into. PESSIMISM.

Sometimes you just won't be able to stop Rome from falling, conquer Russia, or prevent 9/11. And that sh*t is your fault and you should be have a constant healthy paranoia about it SO THAT YOU CAN PREVENT IT. The Law of Attraction diehards (like Andrew seems to proclaim himself to be) don't want to do that, they want to think up happy horseshit all the time and catastrophe after catastrophe ensues.

Ninjakid, WhoAmI, Xeon and 1 other person like this.
  22. masterneme

masterneme Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,996
    NLP is just a set of tools and it's great when you need it, if you don't need it is pretty much useless.

It also is the most effective when applied by someone else, if you do it by yourself it takes a lot of work and it may not be worth it.

Xeon, csalvato and johnp like this.
  23. johnp

johnp Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,653
    Good points

Xeon, ZF Lee and masterneme like this.
  24. LightHouse

LightHouse Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $25,528
    I'm glad you've let me stay this long MJ.....

With love,
    CW
    Xoxoxoxo

ExaltedLife, lowtek, theag and 4 others like this.
  25. csalvato

Rep Bank:
    $21,828
    Several NLP techniques and courses that utilize it (Tony Robbin's UPW, Landmark Forum, etc.) have been instrumental in me being extremely happy and living a life where I feel fulfilled, and being grateful for what I have.

I agree, it's a set of tools that can be weilded. And like any tool, it can hurt you too. A band saw can make it much faster to cut through wood. Or you can not know how to use it, never research it, and still be successful because you never needed a band saw to begin with. Or it can also cut your f*cking hand off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.