• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

7 Years on this forum - The Fastlane Journey through Life - Final Post

Discussion in 'General Entrepreneur Discussion' started by AndrewNC, Feb 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MHP368

MHP368 Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $361
    Nanu Nanu

2. Process

Process Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $374
    Eh, I used to buy the whole journeyman-IM grinder persona. Making every molehill into a mighty mountain only the hero can climb is tiring.

Life is more of a chain of cause and effect loops. Like a poker game...

Just keep adding to the flow without blowing your wad over any single hand of action. Know the odds and human nature and let probabilities stack in your favor. Win a little here, fold a little there, and keep probing for real breaks to draw everyone all in on.

That's all you need to define about being a man.

No need for any dramatic fades into the sunset. Do what you've got to do without making a fuss about it.

3. csalvato

csalvato Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $21,828
    edit: ah forget it. :p

Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
    Xeon, JordanK, amp0193 and 2 others like this.
  4. Ninjakid

Ninjakid Platinum Contributor Speedway Pass

Some random planet, orbiting some random star
    Rep Bank:
    $7,826
    Who should I address here? Andrew because he's probably not gonna read it, or the forum members who will?

Andrew reached out to me when I was at my lowest point. He showed faith in me that I would get better and provided support. I'll always be grateful for that.

I don't know you that well, I've never met you in person. But the opinion among people here who have seems really consistent.

Why would you leave? Just because you're busy? On a new life path? Who here isn't!? If you cared about helping others you would document your journey and be transparent with everyone. But it feels like you're running away from the people who know you well enough to call you on your BS, and that's exactly what you need! GrumpyCat did the exact same thing when people sensed he wasn't being honest. Instead of taking the time to shut down the doubts, he just bailed. Now I doubt everything he's told me.

If you need time to reflect just say so, we'll be here when you get back. Don't act like everything's going all well because it's harder to put up a false front that to be honest. No matter where you run you just end up running into yourself (yes I'm quoting Breakfast at Tiffany's lol).

Stop trying to make women like you and basing your worth on how many dates you get. BE HAPPY WITH YOUR F***ING SELF.

Chasing women and ending up broke all over the world is not the way to a peaceful life, it's the way to a lost and broken life.

Anyways I'm not bashing you. I'm trying to break you out of this shell you've created. Hopefully I can help you and give you hope the way you did for me. If you ever find yourself in Vancouver we can have a cup of tea together and figure out the mysteries of this wonderful vibrant life.

P.S. Please stop posting pics of girls you meet, it's cringeworthy as f*** bro.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  5. Argue

Argue Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $13,736
    In New York, we live by: “Gs move in silence.”

Food for thought. ;)

6. WJK

WJK Silver Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,167
    I'm understanding that some are angry and disappointed with Andrew. His story is familiar to me since I've heard many similar stories over the years. It's a good lesson in the basics for all of us.

Andrew is still very young and struggling to find his way in the world. It's a very human journey. I wish him well in his travels. Hopefully, he'll lick his wounds and try again.

Most people who do well, have to make their fortunes 3 times, before it sticks. It's a classic success and failure pattern that we all see daily. Andrew is on step one -- he is a one trick pony for the moment. He made it work once, for a very short run. He reached his goal. Then he lost sight of his role in that business, and it all fell apart. His lack of continuing attention was a perfect recipe for his first big failure.

But, Andrew learned from his rise and fall. Next time he has an idea that sticks, it will be faster and easier for him to put together a successful business. Next time he'll be more careful with his money and continue to pay attention -- rather than disappearing on a prolonged vacation -- upping his odds of creating a sustainable business. I hope that he'll see that future success as a stepping-off point -- to create a group of successful businesses to diversify his income flows.

cheeky ram, Xeon, Huracan and 7 others like this.
  7. PedroG

PedroG Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,193
    This is one of my problems with Andrew. He never wants to admit what's really going on, and he thinks he's fooling people when he does that.

When he went after @Vigilante in one of his threads, he pretended like that's not what he was doing. He has this passive aggressive way of being a dick to people.

If you have a problem with someone just say so, rather than try to pretend like you're actually asking for feedback.

Like this thread. Why pretend he's leaving because he's busy, when everyone knows the real reason he's leaving? Andrew can never be straight with people.

It's like he always has this hidden agenda behind what he does, except it's not that hidden cause everyone can see it.

ChrisR, Jordi, Xeon and 9 others like this.
  8. Vigilante

Vigilante Legendary Contributor Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $170,044
    Nobody ever really leaves. Rest assured he's read every word of these responses, probably multiple times.

[​IMG]

9. ZF Lee

ZF Lee Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,431
    Agreed.

I know worse bro-marketers than @AndrewNC, if he is one. He didn't feel like one to me, or probably I haven't spent enough time trolling his posts. :playful::inpain:

Thank you, @MJ DeMarco for your thoughts on the matter.

When I saw this, I was like 'no way, AndrewNC going?'

Thank you, @biophase and many others, for putting such a huge effort to help him out. I'm trying to imagine the conversations you have had with him since you played poker with him....must be pretty tough-love.

I read his NLP related posts, and they helped me to reframe some mindset problems especially during tough times, and give further thought to my purposes for further decision making along the way.

Somehow, they did felt like something was lacking, but I took what I could. Thank you, Andrew.

I don't agree with his stance on women though. I am not in the favour of jumping from one lady to another. I want to spend YEARS helping my girl to grow in knowledge, experience and wisdom, no matter how imperfect she is.

In fact, that is why I went to the Fastlane in the first place. I wanted to learn better things personally, and successfully, and then gift it to my girl. The knowledge, and the tales of blood and sweat.

Perhaps I could help her start her own biz too, but I must make the first success first and learn the practices first.

You can't do these things by focusing on pick-up tricks and overusage of NLP, or date-hopping.

There's never a totally 'right' woman. Of course, though, she needs to be a hard worker, good learner and must see good potential in you for great cooperation. She needs to have a strong moral support, religious or not. Same goes for choosing an entrepreneur to invest in.

@AndrewNC, aside from the differing opinions on women, I'm sure you will eventually make it, no matter what.

If you find yourself harbouring on the edge of bro-marketing, do readjust and provide the goods that offer value.

Sure, flamboyant titles and marketing are never wrong as long as you meet the promises you give to your market, your customers.

All the best on your upcoming business ventures, and something tells me you will come back here one of these days, a better and changed Fastlaner!

10. SquatchMan

SquatchMan Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,330
    This makes me cringe. She had found someone else and long forgotten about you and she was still the only thing that mattered to you. Dude, you're 30 years old.

You mention meeting women more times than a normal man would. The only reason I can think of is that you put women on this massive pedestal and make validation from women, and random men on the internet, your life mission. I want to hear business stuff:

What value did your iOS businesses provide?
    What was your process behind getting so many downloads?
    What caused the business to fail?
    Didn't you have a magazine or something, what caused that to fail?
    What problem did the magazine solve?
    How did you start your businesses?
    Why did you start your businesses?
    Why don't you start another iOS or app business?

You claim to have made 5 figures a month. That's 6 figures a year. Assuming that all this is true, I don't understand why you haven't gone into that vertical again.

Ignore women. What the hell have you been doing the past two years to move your business forward?

From what I've read it seems like you literally chased women across two continents and went broke.

11. OMDA

OMDA Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,199
    That's what stuck out to me, too.

I don't get selfies with girls that I just met and make arrangements to travel across the world with them on the first date. Fullstop.

There have been some people in my life that, within an hour or so of meeting them, they propose moving in together. I'm not just talking about girls here. There was a dude I met Freshman year who I thought was cool because we were talking about books and drums or something. He said something akin to "we should be roommates next year".

[​IMG]
    It really caught me off guard. Like the conversation just went from zero to super awkward. You don't want to tell the person a straight no at first because you can see their hopes and ego getting crushed like a little puppy.

Aware of it or not, there's some emotional manipulation going on. Which wouldn't surprise me given the need to compensate by posting about experiences with a dominatrix!?

I wrote some cringe-inducing things in my early internet days, over a decade ago. I'm glad I don't have them around anymore because I can just chuckle about it now. I hope that Andrew figures out what is emotionally bothering him and gets to that chuckling about the silly-things-he-did-in-the-past stage sooner rather than later. I also hope, for his sake, that his future prospects don't run into his stories of living and getting tied up with a dominatrix, jesus.

12. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $316,913
    Admin Post
    Pretty simple formula eh?

Ah yes, Grumpy Cat, a very similar scenario, and outcome.

I've been here 10 years running this place.

You see a lot over the years.

And you learn to recognize patterns. And those patterns are immune from forum badges such as Legendary Contributor, Insider, or whatever.

One of those patterns is the ease in which you spot bull-shitters.

Some bull-shitters turn their bull-sh*t into a business.

And when bull-shitters get caught on their bullshit here at the forum, their response is always the same, 100%, guaranteed...

"I'm leaving." (Complete with a departure post.)

With how the "Well-Defined Man" thread degenerated and exposed him, I knew right then he would exit stage right. No less than 24 hours later and boom, just like clockwork, we get this thread.

But one must wonder, as stated in the wise words of Yoda, "If so powerful you are, why leave?"

He's leaving because the forum is no longer useful to him ... he wants us to believe he was contributing here for the sake of helping others, but it really was for the sake of whatever bro-marketing scheme he needed a lead-channel for.

Now that's gone, he's gone. It's not like the forum suddenly has no one here who needs help, even the kind of help Andrew can provide, as such as NLP, beliefs, etc.

What makes our forum unique is that I can say, without a doubt, 98% of our contributors are contributing for the sake of community and being helpful -- there is no ulterior motive of a $2K coaching program working in the background, or a book about how to be beautiful and sexy while toting a backpack in your sweatpants.

Either Andrew suddenly got super busy and no longer has time for the forum (only just several hours after his long dominatrix post in the Well Defined Man thread)...

-- OR --

... the forum no longer offers the grease Andrew needs to lube his delusional identity and corresponding bro-marketing programs.

Which is most likely?

13. Greg R

Greg R Act, Assess, Adjust Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $16,319
    [​IMG]

It really makes you wonder...

At what point do you realize that your delusional perspective is what is hindering you from being successful?

He won't change. Will not take anyone's advice. Not accepting of anything other than his own opinion.

He has cultivated many good relationships on the forum.

Unfortunately, leaves it all behind at the first sign of danger.

What the forum exposed was too outside of his reality.

Dami-B, Eskil, ksc23 and 12 others like this.
  14. Vigilante

Vigilante Legendary Contributor Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $170,044
    I can deal with people with a genuine heart. Those most often are people that make it into my inner circle.

I can also deal with snakes. A mentor of mine once told me that as long as you wear snake handling gloves and proceed with caution, you can handle snakes. Dealing with easily identified bad guys is literally of no concern for me, and they permeate business. I know how to construct walls.

I have found in my life that the most dangerous interactions I have had are with people who present themselves one way, but their core is actually another.

And it is an interesting side note that over the years there have been a couple of spectacular flameouts, and the two largest ones were both NLP brain-washed brain-washers.

15. MitchM

MitchM Act. Then Adapt. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,928
    It's almost as if lying to yourself can be unhealthy :jawdrop:

domi99, ZF Lee, Kingmaker and 2 others like this.
  16. G-Man

G-Man Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $8,622
    I've been here long enough to see a couple of these, as well as the mysterious uberDisappearance, and here's what I fundamentally don't understand: The anonymity of a forum like this is one of the great things to take advantage of. You can be transparent and ask for help in ways that you might not be able to with your coworkers or even family in some cases. If nobody knows you, then there's no face lost when you document your failures in a threadbare way and ask for help.

I hope some of the young folks and newbies see a flameout like this and say "Maybe I shouldn't waste the opportunity to be straightforward about the challenges I'm facing and the mistakes I make."

17. cmor16

cmor16 Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,795
    This, and the arrogant need to announce your departure baffle me. If you're butt hurt and want to leave, just take your ball, GTFO and STFU!

18. Sheps

Sheps Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,687
    I've been actively working to restructure the way I think to be more positive.

With that said, it honestly feels to me OP is a high functioning manic depressive or something along those lines.

I really hope he/you (I know you're reading this) find the things that will fill the gaps in your life.

I would also like to suggest you read The Book of Five Rings by Miyamoto Musashi, specifically the void chapter where he talks about bewilderment. If you can internalize that life lesson I think it would do wonders for your ability to look at yourself critically, or at least make you more able to step away from your ego long enough to evaluate your decisions better.

Edit: I understand the sentiment of leaving this forum. It's a fountain of knowledge that's easy to get swept away or even drown in.
    But damn what a resource, leaving is less than ideal. Sip from the cup of knowledge.

Jello, jon.M and cmor16 like this.
  19. biophase

biophase Legendary Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $151,437
    Dude, your summary was great. In his farewell post he mentions 9 different women. And to be honest, there is nothing wrong with that... HOWEVER when your summary of your last 7 years mention 9 different women, a first girlfriend in 8 years, afraid your are gonna get stabbed by gf, traveling the world with women you just met...

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO REASON TO THINK THAT YOU COULD WRITE A BOOK CALLED THE WELL DEFINED MAN!

I cannot fathom how in his brain he thinks that he is qualified to write that book. He just laid out his last 7 years with women. His own words. This is why he went burning down in flames.

Be self aware!

20. Greg R

Greg R Act, Assess, Adjust Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $16,319
    [​IMG]

Jello, Xeon, cmor16 and 1 other person like this.
  21. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke Whiggity Wham Wham Wozzle! Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $465
    I can confidently say: Z the dolphin part deuce.

Eskil, Xeon, Ninjakid and 3 others like this.
  22. S.Y.

S.Y. Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,057
    Well, there is one person you can't escape from or be anonymous to: yourself.

I posted few months ago a thread to document my progress to becoming a billionaire. You guys can imagine how it went.

I got defensive and took the decision to not log again. I kept thinking about it..
    CONSTANTLY!

My arrogance and delusion lead me to taking action. Then to realize I was way off, disrespectful of the grind. I faced myself and came back here a learner.

And humbled.

My .02 for the OP. I know you are reading. Face yourself. Listen to others. Admit defeat. It won't be easy.

But it will pass.

And then it will get better.

LeftBench, Mr.C, Sander and 23 others like this.
  23. csalvato

csalvato Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $21,828
    I'm going to repost what I originally posted, then deleted.

------

For 2 years of my entrepreneurial journey, I was on a path of of deception. First of myself, then of others.

It was tough. It took me about 2 years to recover from it.

In my case, I had pursued businesses where I was not being authentic to myself. In many cases, I was faking-it-till-I-make-it a little too hard.

I convinced myself, superficially, that I was one person, when I was really another. Deeper down, I knew I was a lie. I was...

...running affiliate traffic to something I didn't believe was helping people.

...sitting in at BNI meetings selling a service, getting the distinct vibe that no one wanted me there.

...talking to people on sales calls, then not being able to follow through on my promises.

My rock bottom was selling someone a website for $5000 after a 25 minute phone call (I got pretty good at the high pressure sale). Then, after they paid me, they disappeared before I did any work for them.

My theory: he was embarrassed to have paid a charlatan.

Luckily, in my journey, a close friend who is wildly authentic invited me to apply for a job at a company where he was an early employee. His vouching for me got me a relatively high paying job.

I was lucky enough to be immersed with someone who can be wildly authentic, who cared about my success. He worked with me through hard times where I was totally deceiving myself, and pissing off everyone around me.

I had to learn what it means to be authentic all over again. Luckily, I corrected and was able to establish real human connection again for the first time in years. One year after working with him, I built a team around me, that would now follow me to hell and back.

It was hard.

In entrepreneurship, I believe that it is very easy to go in the wrong direction. Very very easy. And recovering from it is necessarily painful and brutal.

In my case, I needed years away from this forum to get rid of all the copy-focused bullshit to learn how to really connect with people again. I also needed someone who believed in me to help me through it.

--------------

I talked with Andrew last night on Facebook. I consider him a close friend. And I think there are ways he can use his vast knowledge to help others and better represent himself.

But the first step is to hit alignment. Know who you are, and who you are not. And accept that you're perfect either way.

Then your authenticity shines through, and guides you. People will find your integrity irresistible, and your vulnerability refreshing.

IMHO, that's a great general lesson, and observers of this thread and others can take that lesson, as opposed to viewing it as a beatdown of some asshole with an agenda – something I don't think applies 100% to Andrew.

OldFaithful, Dami-B, The-J and 24 others like this.
  24. Mattie

Mattie Platinum Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $24,438
  25. Robert_R

Robert_R Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,916
    images.jpg
    From first post to last post, I learn so much. See you all in a few days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.