The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Does It Hurt Bad Enough?

Wolfman

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Nov 12, 2017
Pittsfield, MA
Hi Allen, Your revelation hit me pretty darn close to the bone. I've been having that same epiphany this last week. I'm having to take responsibility for plenty of lousy decisions. But I'm with you brother, I'm not laying on that nail any longer. I am even developing a sense of urgency b/c I'm 58. I have my health, family and friends so I'm starting right where I am and hopefully my next 61 years of life will be incredibly rewarding. You just may become an inspiration for me, just let me know if you're comfortable in that role. lol Greg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Wolfman

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Nov 12, 2017
Pittsfield, MA
Ha, I remember talking to you at B&P as the seed become entrenched in the soil. Your eyes had a particular glow and yearning to them. At that point, I knew you'd be out here eventually. So cool to hear it has reaped dividends and that you are happy with the decision.
Hi MJ, I like the way you put that about his eyes having a glow and yearning to them. I'm not sure if mine do physically, but I am feeling a kind of smoldering glow that may catch fire. For now I'm really keeping in mind what you called "processes" or positive habits. One of the processes I've started is every time somebody in this forum posts some initials I don't understand (there are thousands), I immediately google them and write down the meaning. So, I have a process for learning this new vocabulary. Thanks for getting my mind thinking about processes. Greg

Wolfman

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Nov 12, 2017
Pittsfield, MA
Attending B&P was like fertilizing those seeds with MiracleGro.
Hello, I've been assiduously googling every abbreviation I don't understand and writing them down. B & P has google stumped. Is it a sexual practice (it's there, I kid you not)? Does anyone know? Thanks in advance, Greg

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
Hello, I've been assiduously googling every abbreviation I don't understand and writing them down. B & P has google stumped. Is it a sexual practice (it's there, I kid you not)? Does anyone know? Thanks in advance, Greg
:playful:
B&P stands for "Beer and Pancakes". It was what our unofficial annual forum meetup in Scottsdale was called. It's now an officially sanctioned annual meetup name "The Fastlane Summit".

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
When this forum first began, there were emoticons that represented pancakes being flipped and beer mugs clanging. Those two were selected in humorous fashion to represent the rag-tag group that met up in Scottsdale to discuss our businesses and ideas.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
When this forum first began, there were emoticons that represented pancakes being flipped and beer mugs clanging. Those two were selected in humorous fashion to represent the rag-tag group that met up in Scottsdale to discuss our businesses and ideas.
Many preferred MJ's mother's definition of "Bra and Panties".

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
i can resonate with OP and @MJ DeMarco as I stayed in chicago (south side espeically) for 4 years during the recessionary times and it SUCKED... miserable; tens of thousands jobless, crime rate so high, people killing each other, drugs rampant, had to just get up pack my shit and move back south from whence I came. Everything started to get better since that life changing moment occurred.

Wolfman

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Nov 12, 2017
Pittsfield, MA
Thanks Steve, maybe I'll publish and sell my fledgliing book of business abbreviations. lol

Wolfman

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Nov 12, 2017
Pittsfield, MA
Marked GOLD. :)

Hi MJ, How are you? I like to give you a sincere
compliment periodically on your fine writing. Most people praise you for your wisdom, inspiration,etc.. But please keep in mind that you're a very good writer. (I'm sneakily cajoling you to write another book. lol)
Here's some examples fr "TMF ":
"...driving at the financial redline on a narrow road bordering a cliff." p.36
"Unfortunately, wheelchairs don't fit in the trunks of Lamborghinis." p.65 (good one!)
"...unfettered spending and material exravagance write our obituaries in the ink of stress." p. 47 (hard to miss that message!)
"...banality followed by blindness..." p.68
Keep up the good work and drive safe, Greg

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Many preferred MJ's mother's definition of "Bra and Panties".
Haha. I'm sure by now that most people have heard the long running joke from the early B&P's. Andres was asked by one of the women how to properly pronounce his name. He responded with the phrase "take off your clothes". She looked at him in shock. He then said "Undress" is how you pronounce it.

FeaRxUnLeAsHeD

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
203%
Nov 27, 2014
USA
Such a good thread with many good ruminating stories.

I feel there are many moments in life where you have to ask your self 'does it hurt bad enough' to make a change.. since we are CONSTANTLY evolving..

My biggest shift was when I turned 18 and graduated high school - I ditched the loser friends.. and with that, I stopped lying, stealing, committing arson, and vandalizing. I realized if I kept that up from 18 onward, I would undoubtedly get arrested. I sold my xbox, my warcraft account, and my TV. Sitting on that nail became painful to the point of drastic change - new friends, new school (community college), new business (lawn care), new mentors (life and business coaches).

I'm coming up on another shift... up at 4:30AM and back to the drawing board, because I'm tired of building someone else's dreams and not waking up early enough for mine.

Wolfman

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Nov 12, 2017
Pittsfield, MA
Such a good thread with many good ruminating stories.

I feel there are many moments in life where you have to ask your self 'does it hurt bad enough' to make a change.. since we are CONSTANTLY evolving..

My biggest shift was when I turned 18 and graduated high school - I ditched the loser friends.. and with that, I stopped lying, stealing, committing arson, and vandalizing. I realized if I kept that up from 18 onward, I would undoubtedly get arrested. I sold my xbox, my warcraft account, and my TV. Sitting on that nail became painful to the point of drastic change - new friends, new school (community college), new business (lawn care), new mentors (life and business coaches).

I'm coming up on another shift... up at 4:30AM and back to the drawing board, because I'm tired of building someone else's dreams and not waking up early enough for mine.
Hi Chris, I don't want to sound condescending, like I'm coming from a big pile of wisdom looking down on you. I just want to give you a couple thumbs up. I wish I knew what a big difference just getting up early can make in your life. My son was going down a bad road. In his case it was the military that helped him, but it is definitely possible to turn your life around on a dime.
OMG!! Chris! Arson! I'm a lawyer so I know that is one felony that can dead-end your life forever. Thank goodness you left that road. Greg

Blaise84

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
154%
Jul 8, 2017
Northeast Ohio

Love this quote. Very nice!

@AllenCrawley

I'm definitely coming from a point of pain myself. THANK YOU for the original post in this thread.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.