The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Didn't read the book.

Mohd Moghaddassi

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 23, 2015
I started by selling soda's, sandwiches or anything else my grandmother, the sweetest little old lady I've known, had stuffed into that huge lunch box of mine and I sold I did this on the morning school bus so I won't have to carry so much food around with me all day, I saved up all my money and started scouting internet cafes in order to buy WoW accounts so I could flip them.
I'd convince people to sell their accounts to me for anywhere between 150-300 dollars and I would sell them for upwards of 400 bucks.

Few years go by and I'm now done with high school and have decent amount of money for an 18 year old but I was very much against going to university because I knew it would be a waste of time and money.
I decided to apply for a Forex trading job, and I was doing good for myself but it wasn't good enough, one day my boss had a meeting with an older gentlemen and he seemed to have a certain aura about him, just his presence demanded tremendous respect, I decided to wait and approach him when he had left the building to get into his car and I told him with brutal honesty about the impact he had left on me and I asked for just some time to sit down and talk.
He agreed to sit with me for the duration of his ride to his next meeting and I gladly accepted, and during that ride I convinced him to teach me how to sell over the phone.
With his guidance I made,on average, 2000$ everyday at the age of 20.
I understand that these are still considered jobs and do not add any fast-lane value yet they're experiences that I think have added a resourceful set of skills to my tool kit.

Fast forward to 3 months ago, I ended up getting deported from the country I was raised in for stupid reasons, had my accounts frozen, ended up here in the Philippines and spent a little time making necessary connections, I have since gotten a 50% share in a fully equipped restaurant for no rent or investment on my part other than the start up which is going very well, and 2 weeks ago I decided to open up a tobacco company, which will be generating cash flow within 4 weeks and will be publicly challenging Marlboro in 1 year (let's hope they bite generate some free attention for the company.)

That's pretty much my story, I'm now almost 22, had at one point been almost a millionaire and will not stop until I have my name pop up on Forbes top 100.

Ps: I really haven't read the book but the title wasn't to get any suggestions on it, since I'll end up reading it very shortly, the title was to maybe have a few more people take a look at this post and do me the biggest favour of some solid advice/opinions on start ups in these fields.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Great start. Now you need to read the book, to understand the language and perspective of the members here. There's a link in the header to get the first few chapters free.

I started by selling soda's, sandwiches or anything else my grandmother, the sweetest little old lady I've known, had stuffed into that huge lunch box of mine and I sold I did this on the morning school bus so I won't have to carry so much food around with me all day, I saved up all my money and started scouting internet cafes in order to buy WoW accounts so I could flip them.
I'd convince people to sell their accounts to me for anywhere between 150-300 dollars and I would sell them for upwards of 400 bucks.

Few years go by and I'm now done with high school and have decent amount of money for an 18 year old but I was very much against going to university because I knew it would be a waste of time and money.
I decided to apply for a Forex trading job, and I was doing good for myself but it wasn't good enough, one day my boss had a meeting with an older gentlemen and he seemed to have a certain aura about him, just his presence demanded tremendous respect, I decided to wait and approach him when he had left the building to get into his car and I told him with brutal honesty about the impact he had left on me and I asked for just some time to sit down and talk.
He agreed to sit with me for the duration of his ride to his next meeting and I gladly accepted, and during that ride I convinced him to teach me how to sell over the phone.
With his guidance I made,on average, 2000$ everyday at the age of 20.
I understand that these are still considered jobs and do not add any fast-lane value yet they're experiences that I think have added a resourceful set of skills to my tool kit.

Fast forward to 3 months ago, I ended up getting deported from the country I was raised in for stupid reasons, had my accounts frozen, ended up here in the Philippines and spent a little time making necessary connections, I have since gotten a 50% share in a fully equipped restaurant for no rent or investment on my part other than the start up which is going very well, and 2 weeks ago I decided to open up a tobacco company, which will be generating cash flow within 4 weeks and will be publicly challenging Marlboro in 1 year (let's hope they bite generate some free attention for the company.)

That's pretty much my story, I'm now almost 22, had at one point been almost a millionaire and will not stop until I have my name pop up on Forbes top 100.

Ps: I really haven't read the book but the title wasn't to get any suggestions on it, since I'll end up reading it very shortly, the title was to maybe have a few more people take a look at this post and do me the biggest favour of some solid advice/opinions on start ups in these fields.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007