The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Creating Value and Making an Irresistible Offer

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

RebornPhoenix

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 27, 2020
Netherlands
I want to work towards creating significant value and offering something meaningful.

In my last journey with Web Design and Digital Marketing, I always felt like a scammer because I had no idea whether I could deliver results and offer something useful.

In this journey, I am going to try stuff and build win-win relationships.

I don't want to ramble on too much. Let's take some action and see where it will lead me.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RebornPhoenix

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 27, 2020
Netherlands
14/01 - 21/01

After reading Alex Hormozi and watching some SMMA guy on Youtube, I chose the beauty niche and tried to make the following offer:

I provide you with at least 10 extra monthly appointments, only after which will you pay.

I planned to handle lead generation and appointment scheduling with the lead. My monthly fee was proposed to be 3000.

To test the offer, I called about 50 businesses in the niche. Cold calls are a bitch, and I had semi-panic attacks, but reading similar people's experiences on this forum helped. One owner was interested, but after more discussion and emails, she provided some excellent feedback:
--------
1674333436529.png
1674333424032.png
---------
This is quite fair. The problem is that if I charge a 10% commission rather than a fixed monthly fee, it might not profit me. Advertisements may cost between 400-500, while treatments are about 100 per session. So, if one of my leads has multiple sessions, then I profit; however, there is no guarantee that the business owner will be honest about this and may scam me.

Although in hindsight, I was also scamming the business with this offer because I was not making them any possible money with my high monthly fee and their low treatment costs. So this was a good revelation.

My following action is to research niches with a higher price per customer and see if I can work with them on a commission basis.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
14/01 - 21/01

After reading Alex Hormozi and watching some SMMA guy on Youtube, I chose the beauty niche and tried to make the following offer:

I provide you with at least 10 extra monthly appointments, only after which will you pay.

I planned to handle lead generation and appointment scheduling with the lead. My monthly fee was proposed to be 3000.

To test the offer, I called about 50 businesses in the niche. Cold calls are a bitch, and I had semi-panic attacks, but reading similar people's experiences on this forum helped. One owner was interested, but after more discussion and emails, she provided some excellent feedback:
--------
View attachment 46852
View attachment 46851
---------
This is quite fair. The problem is that if I charge a 10% commission rather than a fixed monthly fee, it might not profit me. Advertisements may cost between 400-500, while treatments are about 100 per session. So, if one of my leads has multiple sessions, then I profit; however, there is no guarantee that the business owner will be honest about this and may scam me.

Although in hindsight, I was also scamming the business with this offer because I was not making them any possible money with my high monthly fee and their low treatment costs. So this was a good revelation.

My following action is to research niches with a higher price per customer and see if I can work with them on a commission basis.
If you're new to a digital marketing channel or new to a niche then I suggest finding some clients and doing the work (at least initially) for free or a low monthly fee.

I'd personally only go to pay-per-lead once I've experience, numbers, and case studies. 13 years in and I still just do flat-monthly-fee.

RebornPhoenix

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Apr 27, 2020
Netherlands
If you're new to a digital marketing channel or new to a niche then I suggest finding some clients and doing the work (at least initially) for free or a low monthly fee.

I'd personally only go to pay-per-lead once I've experience, numbers, and case studies. 13 years in and I still just do flat-monthly-fee.
Thanks for the response, Andy.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but from a business owner's point of view, isn't it better if someone charges pay-per-lead? If I were paying a marketer 1000 per month and they brought me low-quality leads that did not convert, that would be a waste of money.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.