The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Chasing Freedom - Creating My Own Digital Marketing Company

Marketing, social media, advertising

Kyle T

Marketing Entrepreneur
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Aug 22, 2018
Utah
Update:
Monthly Revenue: $1250

I have a couple of strong leads in my pipeline but not enough that I am 100% confident. I want to be so overbooked with leads that I can crush my minimums with certainty.

My Recent Actions:
  • Been testing out the strategy from Crushing B2B Sales with LinkedIn. Overall I have been happy with it. The very first 2 videos I sent both got replies & interest from customers. I sent 10 this week and am going to incorporate it into my strategy. I have been sending connection requests to 100 people every single day and have a large prospect pool to send videos to. Part of the process that is slowing me down is the uploading of the videos. It takes 10+ minutes to upload a single video and throws me out of my rhythm. I need to film the videos in bulk and then upload them in the background while I have focused work on another task.
  • Also spent some time playing with Slybroadcast from the thread A tool that I am using with a ridiculous ROI. Been underwhelmed with the results but it is so cheap and isn't time-consuming. I will continue testing it for another week or so and use my remaining credits to see If I can get some traction.
  • Attended a local BNI meeting this week. Overall the experience was okay. The lead generation that comes from the group feels forced and I am not 100% sold that joining BNI will be right for my business. Going to test out a couple more BNI chapters next week. Worst case scenario I will get to shake a few more hands and meet a few more faces from the area.
  • Attended a networking event and signed up for my new Chamber of Commerce today. A much better experience! People legitimately want to help my business and I gained 2 appointments with local businesses who want some help.

Overall Summary
The last 10 days have been strange. I have felt extremely busy, but I haven't made any progress. The reason is that I have been avoiding the most important thing... Selling. I have come to the realization that I am terrified of selling.

I think that it is something that I have always known, but I treated it like a switch that I could easily flip on someday.

I always made excuses about why I hadn't turned it on, and now that I am working full time on my business, I don't have any excuses to hide behind.

I never gave the skillset the amount of respect that it deserved. I'm studying my a$$ off and It is time to put up or shut up.

Starting on Monday. I am going to start cold calling 30 participants per day. Similar to the format from the
thread 90 Day Cold Calling Challenge, I am challenging myself to practice cold calling and make progress towards mastering the skill.

The difference is that my 90-day challenge needs to generate some actual results or I am dead in the water.

Last edited:

Kyle T

Marketing Entrepreneur
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Aug 22, 2018
Utah
Day 1 of Cold Calling
Dials: 30
Reached: 6 (20%)
Leads: 0 (0%)
Prospects: 0 (0%)

Ouch, that was rough! But you know what? I am glad that I did it.

Every single dial puts me out of my comfort zone and I look forward to making some improvements tomorrow.

Kyle T

Marketing Entrepreneur
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Aug 22, 2018
Utah
Brother, you've just shoved in my face how much I've been action faking. This thread has been Gold for myself and I'm sure for many others as well.

Thank you.

Time to actually get some sales closed.
I struggle with "Action Faking" every single day...

All that matters is that you continue to learn & improve.

"I am not there yet, but I am closer than I was yesterday"

Kyle T

Marketing Entrepreneur
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Aug 22, 2018
Utah
Alright, I am overdue for some updates…

One of the biggest realizations that I arrived at recently is that I was a lot farther from the Fastlane than I had anticipated. I am speaking from a personal development perspective and I need to figure out how to become a better & more consistent performer.

I spend way too much time feeling sluggish, tired, or unmotivated. This KILLS my productivity so I am determined to improve myself which will allow me to improve my business.

Recently been focused on establishing the following habits:

• Meditation
• Low Carb Diet
• Daily Exercises (at least 15 minutes)
• Early Morning Wakeups
• Daily Vitamins.
• Apple Cider Vinegar
• Cold Shower
• 20 Minutes of Sunlight
• 30 minutes of reading
• Affirmations & Self Talk
• 100 oz of Water per day

The days where I can avoid brain fog is when I feel unstoppable. My goal is to figure out how to feel like that every single day.

In other news, I am in the process of closing on our first home! Big step and extra scary being self-employed, but business is doing well (update coming soon) and I am excited about the future.

Kyle T

Marketing Entrepreneur
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Aug 22, 2018
Utah
May was the second consecutive 10k month for me.

Reflecting on this past month, the 80/20 rule continues to be extremely relevant. Even though I have been fine tuning my processes, 80% of my work still results in 20% of my revenue & vice versa.

Specific services, specific clients & specific staff continue to slow me down and I am working to cut the dead weight and focusing on what is working rather then spending energy on what isn't.

In addition to cutting resources, I need to be more selective in the beginning

I have had the mindset where I am casting the largest net possible and then sorting through the fish to find what I am looking for. This is exhaustive & I must be more selective.

More selective with who I work with.

More selective with who I hire.

More selective with what i expect.

Entrepreneurship is proving to be a crash course.

Every single month you believe that you have things figured out but then by the end of the month you realize that you are not even close.

What's important to realize is that you are at least on the way.

'I am not there yet, but I am closer than I was yesterday.'

Kyle T

Marketing Entrepreneur
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Aug 22, 2018
Utah
Another down month. Revenues dropped a bit as the Facebook Algorithms have been a roller coaster recently.

The delayed commission compensation has caused more stress & strain on me than I had envisioned.

My business grew really quickly and so did my expenses but the delayed revenue means that I am still waiting to reap the rewards. Good news is that I am off to a strong month so far this month and I am excited to bounce back.

In order to help with that I have shifted my pricing to have a small monthly fee in addition to slightly reduced commissions. This has helped me to reduce the amount of tire kickers and given me a bit more stability moving forward.

Excited for this next month. My hope is to crack 20k.

Kyle

Kyle T

Marketing Entrepreneur
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Aug 22, 2018
Utah
Days 7 - 11
  • Cold emailing to very little success but there are so many opportunities that as long as I keep at it, Success will follow
  • Scheduled a meeting with a former co-worker who is a great salesman. One of the hardest things for me is that I can't meet with people during normal business hours due to my 9-5. I am hoping to work out an agreement that will allow me to pay him a commission and get a good base of clients.
  • Had my first business pitch! It went well but the client is on the fence. He is a buddy of mine and his business is outside my niche but there's potential there still.
I had a great Thanksgiving and now it is time to get back to work.

Kyle T

Marketing Entrepreneur
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Aug 22, 2018
Utah
This is exaclty how I started my journey way back in Feb of 2010. I would try to limit your services when you are starting. If you offer just one product, it's way easier to close the sale. If you start a conversation with a potential client and they have to think about website design, content creation and seo you're likely to hit the "I have to think about it" wall.

When you give too much information or too man choices, this can happen. When I dropped to only offering SEO services, I started closing all my clients. You want people to make a decision and pay you in the first meeting.

You are taking action and making great progress already!
I appreciate it!

Having a newborn at home & working 8-10 hours per day at my job are making it really tough to continue making progress on a daily basis... but encouragement like yours is really helpful.

Kyle T

Marketing Entrepreneur
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Aug 22, 2018
Utah
Once you've determined that a prospect is a good lead, how do you go about getting in front of the decision maker?

In my experience, the biggest challenge with selling advertising/marketing services to local businesses has been the inability to get a hold of the DM efficiently.

Most of the local retail stores are run by employees (and managers) who often cannot make purchase decisions.

This leads to lengthy acquisition cycles which slow things down.

I'm curious how you're going about solving this.

I give them a call. Send them an email. Connect with them on LinkedIn.

Then I follow up relentlessly

My best method has been to reach out to people in my local network who have connections to the ideal businesses and ask them to initiate an introduction.

Kyle T

Marketing Entrepreneur
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Aug 22, 2018
Utah
Do you think you should start a business locally or internationally?
Just find people that you can help... Don't overthink it & don't limit yourself.

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada
Update:
61 days since I started
, I am still sitting at 2 clients... but my pipeline is looking great! I have a bunch of quality leads in the pipeline and working on closing two more in the next week or so.

Book Recommendation:
I read "Fanatical Prospecting" and it has been GOLD in helping me to get in the right mindset and doing the things that are important to my business on a daily basis.

Even when my pipeline is looking full, I keep hustling and finding more prospects to squeeze in.

Every. Single. Day.

The Countdown is on:
The upcoming move is getting real for me, but rather than nervous, I am getting excited!
  • 9 days away from quitting my last ever job
  • 18 days away from moving out of California.
  • 19 days away from being able to chase this dream of freedom full time!

Fanatical Prospecting is gold! (You'll enjoy Sales EQ by the same author too.)

I really loved the 90-day rule. Keep prospecting.

Things worth pondering:
  • When prospecting
    • Do you meet your prospects where they are in their journey?
      - You can use the See-Think-Do-Care framework
      - Check this article on marketing funnels too
    • Do you give upfront before taking? how? (I saw you are offering a free Proposal on your site. Can you add a pdf or ebook that will help people with their SEO)
    • Are you prospecting where people that need your services are?
  • On lead nurturing
    • Have you mapped clearly which actions you want your lead to take?
    • How do you build a relationship with people not ready to buy now, but will be in the future?
    • how do you guide from their current position to being a client?

A Valuable Lesson Learned
Don't assume that your client's know ANYTHING.

Twice now I have talked to potential clients that have websites that are awful & 20 years out of date.

So what did I do? I told them the truth.

"Your current website kinda sucks...."

This inconvenient truth rubbed them the wrong way and didn't help my pitch at all.

Even if their website looks like it was built when AOL was king, don't assume that the client agrees with you about its shortcomings.

I will no longer put words into my client's mouth and will practice getting them to voice their marketing shortcomings before I call it out myself.

Have a look at The Challenger Sale too. You might find useful things to challenge your prospects without rubbing them the wrong way.

Hope that helps and keep going!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BlackMagician

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Jul 18, 2018
Mumbai, India
Well good going man. Sorry to here that but failure is the part of success, right?

Have you gave them enough value until they see the results of SEO? I mean apart from the SEO, anything you could have helped them/adviced them which can potential solved some or atleast one of their problem?

This saturday, i had a meeting with my first client for SMM service. They are having exhibition in June and they need to spread their brand awareness and get sales in that exhibition.

After we shook hand for the deal, they shared one problem. Supposedly they are offering 10% discount on the exhibition day and they want the offer to be limited and it will be only on that day. This was their ideal scenerio but issue is many of the potential clients needed time to think to buy their products because the product value falls in 5 figure.

So if the potential clients come to them after 2-3 days and ask for the discount, it will go against the urgency they are showing on exhibition day but they also can't lose those clients.

And if they give them the discount after the exhibition, many other will ask for the same because that vertical is very concentrated and if they give to one other will come to know.

Hence after comtemplating on the issue, i suggested them to put a signup form(hard paper) in the exhibition and if someone want to buy with the same discounted price they should have filled the form otherwise no discount.
This will lead to get a hold of all the potential clients which can buy in future + strong prospects database for future marketing and it will create a special effect on urgency and uniqueness.

This advice of mine hit them on spot and they were impressed and accepted to implement this. And i am feel the vibe that they won't be impatient for the result and will wait whole month.

-------

I may not be able to portrait my words properly.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
when refering to PPC - you mean GoogleAds/Facebook/Instagram Ads? I understand "pay per click" but 95% is google/fb/ig ads? maybe linkedin?

/what was your first offer? you mention SEO? Backlink Building? Content Writing?
Whichever one works the best.

Pick one channel and go DEEP.

Max out your earnings as much as possible before adding another one.

Company A that’s murdering on just FB Ads can beat Company B that’s mediocre on FB/Google/Bing

Kyle T

Marketing Entrepreneur
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Aug 22, 2018
Utah
What do you think about cold approaching businesses? Just walk in and tell what I do?
Works well if you emphasize that you are a small local business. Small businesses respect that and it brings there guard down when you attempt to make the connection. They will be more likely be open to supporting you.

It also helps to have a person or business to name drop like:

"I was doing a meeting next door with [Client's Name] and figured I'd pop in and introduce myself."

"Rachel from the Chamber of Commerce recommended that I reach out to you and introduce myself"

etc.

Andy Daniels

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
May 29, 2017
Oregon
Hey @Kyle T ! Been following this thread for a while and it really resonates with me. I'm taking the leap to full time web design agency and my last day working in the slowlane is June 30. It's both terrifying and incredibly exciting.

The value you have given this forum is extraordinary. Congrats on closing on the house! I really look forward to more updates!

All the best,

Andy

Kyle T

Marketing Entrepreneur
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Aug 22, 2018
Utah
Dude, give yourself a pat on the shoulder. You’re doing well...better then a lot of people. I know what it’s like because I have kids and family too! Finding the time is super hard sometimes.

A little advice - let loose! Unbutton your shirt and take it easy. Sometimes it’s worth stepping away from your business and taking a refresher. Look at things from the outside in.

Ask yourself if there is a smarter way to do what you’re doing? Is there a smarter way to get leads coming in VS you going out after them? Is outreach the only way? Can you build a simple funnel system?

As Entrepreneurs, we think we can handle it all. We think we have to do every single job...you’re going to deteriorate bro...

You ever think about hiring a company to handle your outreach?

What do you pay your VA?

Systems are super important, especially in the service business. Establish those systems even if it means cutting your client list down until you’re where you need to be.

You hit the nail on the head with a lot of questions that I have been asking myself. Outreach is actually my favorite part of the work and I wouldn't really want to outsource it... with that said I don't want to end up being a bottleneck.

My ideal situation would be to find a more capable VA that I can have to do a majority of the client's services "grunt work". That is the stuff that I really struggle with and then I would be able to focus 100% on growing the business.

My current VA is pretty darn cheap and I mainly just have her do some admin tasks and lead scraping. I haven't trained her well enough and while I gave her some basic training, I am not confident to let her handle some of the more important client tasks.

Kyle T

Marketing Entrepreneur
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Aug 22, 2018
Utah
Hi Kyle,

I've found that charging clients a sum upfront ("to fix the foundations") makes a lot of sense. SOmetimes you'll inherit a terribly setup google ads account which you'll need to fix first (=upfront) and then run (=recurring).

This same principle can also be applied for other areas such as SEO / Display / Email.

I am moving towards a similar format. I have typically avoided this because I always used an upfront "freebie" as a selling point to increase the targeted monthly rate by $50-100

@Kyle T - I can't believe I only now discovered this thread!

Amazing dedication and great results. You're killing it in such a short time!

You mentioned brain fogs at one point. What's helped me recently is:
- giving up milk and dairy (it's about caseine, not lactose)
- giving up wheat (not gluten, just wheat products)
- eating my last meal before 7 pm
- sleeping from 10 pm to 6 am

Regular sleep might be quite hard for you because of your child, but the rest has been suggested to me by my dietician. The improvement is tremendous.

I've started a DM business around the same time as you, Kyle. But my results are not that good, haha. I see you're doing great with networking and LinkedIn (which I am also doing), let me ask a few questions.

1. How salesy are you in the networking meetings? I'm not trying to sell at all, just hang out with people, focus on them, be helpful and wait for referrals. After 2-3 months I'm getting some, but I believe I could do better.

2. You're sending videos to prospects on LinkedIn. Do you 100% follow the guide (video + pixel + remarketing) or you're sending some valuable lead-magnet (like a quick SEO audit) with a clear offer and CTA?

3. You've mentioned you follow up a lot. How do you do that? I hardly ever followup more than once. I don't want to look desperate and I'd rather follow up with value (e.g. a link to an article/video) than just send "hey, what's up?" email.

I've tried so many things for prospecting but nothing seems to work. I mainly offer web design (with SEO/PPC as an upsell), but most of the people I talk to want a website for $400. That's why I want to transition to more of MRR stuff.

Thanks!
The diet and sleep have been huge for me as well!

Still, a long way to go, but it is amazing how much better we feel when we take care of ourselves.

1) Not salesy at all.

The networking meetings that I am apart of have a super active Facebook group. All I do is become friends with as many people as possible and support their businesses as much as possible.

When someone is looking for a web designer or a marketing person then my friends are able to name drop me and it has worked well.

I am currently looking into a more formal networking group like BNI but am still on the fence about it mainly because I hate the mandatory attendance.

2) What I have been doing is connecting and starting a conversation. Once the conversation is going well, I ask if I could give them some helpful feedback about their website. If they say 'Yes' then I send them a personalized video.

I realized that when I was doing it unsolicited there were way too many people that would never watch it, so I try to get a verbal commitment from them before I film it.

I am still using retargeting with the pixel a CTA for booking an appointment on my calendar... but both of those have been duds so far. The responses that I do get are usually through LinkedIn messenger.

3) I will check in with them repeatedly even if they don't give me a response.

People are busy and just because they haven't replied doesn't mean that they are no longer interested!

I follow up with them using different channels (email, text, phone, LinkedIn message) until I get a response.

If they want me to leave them alone then they have to tell me 'No'.

I haven't been providing additional value in my followup process, but that is something that I need to implement soon.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
1 Year Fastlane Anniversary!

Compared to a year ago when I was in the slow lane:

• I am now making more MONEY
  • I now have more FREEDOM.
  • I now spend more time with FAMILY
  • I am now 10x more HAPPY.

This book and forum have changed my life. Thank you to @MJ DeMarco and everyone else who has had such an incredible impact on me

Excited to keep sharing my journey.
Thanks Kyle!! So awesome to hear your progress!

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
I'll definitely take a look. I've recently stopped focusing on courses, and learning by taking action instead. It just that digital marketing sounds so alien to me and have so little clue that it feels like I should learn some foundations first. But I'll follow your advice instead ;)
Pick one service to offer:
  • Social media marketing
  • Google ads
  • Facebooks ads
  • SEO
Spend half a day watching YouTube videos for beginners about the service. Ex: “Google Ads for Beginners”

Then check out the tools/interfaces that people use in those sectors.

You can even look up strategies for each that people find successful. Even better if you’ve got some small money to spend to test out.

I can’t speak about any others, but for Google Ads there’s no better source than Andy’s content:

@eliquid ‘s Paid Advertising Crash Course is also very useful:

Last edited:

Kyle T

Marketing Entrepreneur
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Aug 22, 2018
Utah
Awesome results and awesome system you got in place!

I've got a question regarding your lead generation.

By offering texts and marketing campaigns for your clients, do you do all the work? What I mean is, do you get so specific with your content that your clients can literally copy it or are you "just" offering general templates they have to adjust to their needs/industry?

I'm wondering because I'm under the assumption that you need to niche down to a specific industry if you offer 100% ready to use content because you need knowledge in that niche, don't you? Doesn't that makes scaling harder?

No. I am not worried about them doing it themselves.

DIYer are not my target audience. I focus on partnering with CLOSERS who don't want to waste time with anything else. I even tell prospects that they are more than welcome to try to do it themselves... But you will waste money & time and get worse results.

My system & pay structure is designed to make it a no brainer for them.

Why would they want to spend more money up front to do more work & to get worse results?

Also, They don't have access to the back end so they would need to piece together the system & best it would be incomplete.

- 50+ Facebook Ads
- 100+ Ad Images
- 25+ Targeting Audiences
- 10+ Text Campaigns
- 5+ Email Campaigns
- Countless Automations
- Reputation Management
- & more.

Even if they could get it all... getting it set up is very, very time consuming.

Yes. I have niched down to one niche and if anything, I would say that is has ACCELERATED my growth. I am not even remotely concerned with hitting a ceiling anytime soon.

Do you have any fear you won’t be paid?

As of right now... No.

As I grow more: yes. Because my business is small, I have good strong relationships with all my current clients.

I know that won't always be the case and I will get burned eventually. Here are a few things that I have put in place to make it less likely to happen:
  1. I track all communication. Texts, Emails, Voicemails, Phonecalls. I have access to all of it that happens within the system.
  2. I require access to their CRM.
  3. I have a follow up campaigns that I run for clients that gathers feedback for their business. This campaign is also designed to confirm deals that were won/lost for my agency so that I can track and identify any discrepancies.
  4. In the contract, it exclusively states that they are liable if they don't report deals in a timely fashion. It is a large enough amount to add a lot of risk & put a bit of fear into them.

Kyle T

Marketing Entrepreneur
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Aug 22, 2018
Utah
Just moved this to the Inside!

I am hoping that will allow me to provide more details about my business and feel a little bit more secure about sharing information.

My niche for my marketing company is specifically helping residential solar companies. I have now gotten to the point where are I am telling all other types of businesses,

'No, unfortunately I am unable to help you.'

It's a great feeling.

Just to give you guys an idea of how quickly business is growing for me:

Profit Numbers
February: $2500
March: $6000
April (so far): $9300

I couple weeks ago I said that I had these goals:

$10,000/month by June
$25,000/month by December.

I am on track to obliterate those targets & it is looking like $25,000 by June might be realistic! I would have never thought that was possible even a few weeks ago.

Kyle T

Marketing Entrepreneur
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Aug 22, 2018
Utah
Been building my reputation & my client base by providing content.

I recently started a Podcast and am chatting with sales/marketing professionals. Today I had the pleasure to chat with our very own @Andy Black!

Figured that I would share it here as well. Thank you to Andy for giving me the opportunity to pick his brain.

Enjoy!

Kyle T

Marketing Entrepreneur
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Aug 22, 2018
Utah
Day 6

- Got a second very warm lead out of my personal network! I am getting close to my first sale, I can just feel it. I have been leading with value and sending them a Personalized SEO Site report and everyone that I talk to seems very impressed by it.

As someone who has sold Personal Training for nearly 10 years, It feels so great to sell these Online Marketing services. Providing something that will provide monetary profit & value to a business seems so much more practical. The practicality of the investment is refreshing and thus I am finding it easier to openly discuss and sell with pretty much anyone.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
This is exactly what I want to do except I wasn’t as smart and prolly paid way more for training. Omg. I’m ridiculously impressed w/ your drive while having a newborn. Good job dude!

Sent $$ and here’s some more help cuz now I’m a fan!

D9F3F57A-7DC7-444C-98FC-72F1BCFCD0D0.png This is a RIDICULOUSLY accurate app for newborns that tracks all their jumps in growth and predicts which weeks are going to be particularly challenging. It’s called The Wonder Weeks. My friend has used it since day one and now schedules all her work around it because it’s so on point. Hope it helps.

Eric10x10

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 18, 2015
Once you've determined that a prospect is a good lead, how do you go about getting in front of the decision maker?

In my experience, the biggest challenge with selling advertising/marketing services to local businesses has been the inability to get a hold of the DM efficiently.

Most of the local retail stores are run by employees (and managers) who often cannot make purchase decisions.

This leads to lengthy aquisition cycles which slow things down.

I'm curious how you're going about solving this.

Matt Sun

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
253%
Oct 21, 2017
Argentina
Thanks a lot for the Udemy courses The Abundant Man, i'm watchin both Sean Marshall's and an all around digital marketing course. Amazing value !

Kyle you also got me inspired to follow your steps here in Argentina. Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks a lot !

maikooo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
84%
Dec 7, 2018
Honestly...

My excitement is transforming to nervousness. My last day at my fulltime job is on Friday.

In order for that to be the last job of my life, I need to get my a$$ to work. My last few sales meetings have fallen flat and I am getting nervous that my prospect pool will dry up.

I have a wife & a 3-month old son to take care of and I decided that I want to start a business now? I must be an idiot...

I am moving to a new state in 12 days and will not have the personal network that has brought me my only current clients. I will start completely from scratch.

Starting on February 3rd, My entire life becomes about interrupting people...

Cold calling. Emailing. Networking events. Knocking on doors. Handing out business cards. Free advice.

This is the life that I signed up for and I have a few months to put up or shut up.

My freedom depends on it.

I feel ya. It's a rollercoaster, man! I will be very pragmatic, bcs I don't think you need BS right now
  1. Don't underestimate yourself - you got skills and experience you can use going forward. You must know what people praise you on. Use it to your advantage!
  2. You are not an idiot. Becoming an entrepreneur is one of the most courageous things one can do. Defying the norms of this f*cked up society can't be a making of an idiot!
  3. Taking care of your family is the biggest motivator you can have right now. It will not make you stop, slack or have time to ruminate. You will act and go forward like a bulldozer.
  4. You are not interrupting people. You are helping them solving their needs and pains!
  5. Starting from scratch is great. No baggage!
Wish you success!

Kyle T

Marketing Entrepreneur
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Aug 22, 2018
Utah
I closed a new client and now My current recurring monthly income is up to $1750.

This was all thanks to the B2B LinkedIn strategy from the thread that I mentioned above.

I am also getting strong leads from social media & networking groups. Going to keep up with my current strategies for the rest of this month and evaluate which channels are the most valuable to me.

I have also axed my daily updates but will be updating this thread in detail on a weekly basis.

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
Cold Emailing: 20-50 cold emails per day
  • Will start out a bit smaller and use automation software.

Have you considered linkedn "sales navigator"? , great for b2b email mining, 30-50 a day is way way way too little.

Whats the message your sending out look like? whats the cadence of follow up emails?

are you dripping out slight variations of the same message?

have you considered using linkedn hub or replyify or some other automating software?

I feel like you're leaving a lot on the table by not crafting a proper email mining campaign from the getgo , I mean - good on you for just hammering out phonecalls until you dont fear the phone (the email leads will be phonecalls eventually) but "3-50" emails a day is just leaving opportunity on the table.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.