• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

GOLD! A new marketing tool I'm using with ridiculous ROI

Discussion in 'Advertising, Marketing, Social Media' started by Johnny boy, Jan 12, 2019.

1. AllenCrawley

AllenCrawley Legendary Contributor Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $72,491
    This tech has been around for a long time. I remember looking at it way back in my mortgage brokerage days (20+ years ago). Waaaay more expensive back then. Might be good to use when reaching out to potential retailers.

2. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $374,090
    Admin Post
    Thread moved to GOLD, some actionable stuff!!

Question is, how long does it remain actionable before it becomes a saturated technique, only to become a guru strategy of past marketing tactics that no longer work?

Thanks @Johnny boy - Rep+!!!

focusedlife, Kalps, csalvato and 8 others like this.
  3. DustinH

DustinH Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,494
    I know some real estate people use this. I think it's also been called SlyDial in the past. It's great for targeting specific neighborhoods to a specific demographic. I know of a real estate brokerage here that is using it to leave messages on agents' phones to invite them to recruiting seminars (where they try to recruit them to their brokerage).

I hate cold calling. Tried it a few times but it sucks for me. I like to talk to people too much on the phone so I'm very inefficient at it. A 3 minute conversation always turns into a 15 minute one. Maybe it's a southern thing. But I like this tool because it's use of leverage and saving time. More people should use it in their business to get the word out on an offer. It doesn't ring your phone but you automatically get a voicemail and most people will check their voicemail.

Xeon likes this.
  4. DustinH

DustinH Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,494
    I think we should setup a SlyBroadcast promo code for the Fastlane Forum and get a discount for all Fastlaners that sign up. We are giving them some free marketing on here.

focusedlife, Xeon and Young Money like this.
  5. jcvlds

jcvlds JC Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,269
    Take it on. Reach out to them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Xeon likes this.
  6. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $374,090
    Admin Post
    Damn, where's @IceCreamKid -- this stuff is right up his alley!

Doesn't look like it's available as an affiliate program. :hilarious:

DustinH, Xeon and IceCreamKid like this.
  7. IceCreamKid

IceCreamKid With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $131,478
    I've been using Slydial to leave voicemails for clients 1 week after their appointment just to say the usual, "Thanks for your business. If there's anything you need I'm here for you".

I've never heard of SlyBroadcast and am not sure if they're affiliated with Slydial, but I'll give the OP's strategy a go next week. I feel a bit nervous because this feels like borderline spamming people, but I suspect people don't mind voicemails nearly as much as robocalls.

Off topic, but for you offline guys looking for new channels for marketing...give Google Local Services a shot. It didn't work out for my niche, but I've heard it working way better in other niches resulting in a lot of $$$ saved vs their former Google AdWords campaigns.

focusedlife, Valor, Zhyna and 6 others like this.
  8. fdolas

fdolas New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $6
    Thank you for the Google Local Services tip. Looks like a great if your business provides one of the approved services. Mine doesn't fit but hopefully they'll expand it in the future.

IceCreamKid likes this.
  9. UnrealCreative

UnrealCreative Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $9,748
    Witnessed the dark side of this today.

Someone left a blank voicemail from a local number.

It's fairly common for me to get silent voicemails, as the person on the other line will just call back, text, do something else. Whatever.

First thought was "Huh! I wonder who that was."

*click*

"...blah blah blah blah blah HEALTH INSURANCE ENROLLMENT."

I wasn't even a qualified lead. Just curious who called.

Ah ffs...

Andy Black and Xeon like this.
  10. Charnell

Charnell Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $10,105
    Well, just tested in on my phone and it rang. Twice. Two missed restricted calls.

Will still use it for B2B either later in the evening or early in the morning.

[​IMG]

YoungPadawan and Xeon like this.
  11. Ken Elshoff

Ken Elshoff Bronze Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $864

Out of curiosity, does needtoskip tell you whether the numbers they are giving you are cell or landlines?

UnrealCreative and Xeon like this.
  12. Johnny boy

Johnny boy Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,998
    https://www.supermpower.com/

These guys do. Separate columns for landlines and cell.

focusedlife and Kalps like this.
  13. Ken Elshoff

Ken Elshoff Bronze Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $864
    Dang-- that's awesome! Super helpful! Thanks!

14. piesandak47

piesandak47 Bronze Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $2,536
    Agreed. Most "online marketers" will bend over backwards to NOT talk to an actual human being.

Xeon likes this.
  15. MJ DeMarco

Rep Bank:
    $374,090
    Admin Post
    Any more stories from those who tried this technique due to this thread?

Roli and focusedlife like this.
  16. Valor

Valor Gold Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,686
    Exactly my thoughts when I read this. If I end up pursuing more wholesale accounts later this year, I'm now planning to make a list of prospects and leave them an email with a "soft" pitch basically asking if they're interested in receiving free samples, and then go from there.

AgainstAllOdds likes this.
  17. AniM

AniM Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $232
    I'm just getting started wholesaling real estate and I'm going to try this method.

Right now I've built a small buyers list but I need to get a business entity before I start marketing.

Love to chat with anyone else who's using it for real estate. I have a lot to learn

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

18. PizzaOnTheRoof

PizzaOnTheRoof Perfection Through Iteration Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,406
    About to try this out and would like some feedback on my voicemail script. Trying to keep it fast and casual since it's only a voicemail.

The target market is local service businesses and tradesmen.

Hey, this is ____ from _______.

The reason I called is to schedule an appointment with you about how my team and I can get you some more phone calls to your business every week.

If you're interested, I would love to schedule a call or meeting with you sometime this week.

I'm available from 9am to 4pm, Monday through Friday, so feel free give me a callback or text and we can move forward.

Look forward to speaking with you, bye.

19. floridaman

floridaman Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $165
    The only thing I would add is a piece about them making more money, closing more sales. You DO mention that you can get them some more phone calls, which is good. But what do they really want? More time or money, so connect your value prop (more calls) to what they want (more deals closed/more money/more time). "The reason I called is to schedule an appointment with you and show you how I can get you more phone calls to your business each week, so you can close more sales and make more money."

That's my 2 cents! I'd love to hear feedback from others.

20. PizzaOnTheRoof

PizzaOnTheRoof Perfection Through Iteration Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,406
    Thanks! That makes sense. Too bad I already sent it out haha.

I'll edit it for the next 50 I send out though.

floridaman likes this.
  21. Timmy1990

Timmy1990 I Will Not Stop! Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,878
    gonna use this lol

Hi whats up?

My name is Tim,

I am a chef and started a food delivery business which does gourmet food for people who are time poor..yeh gourmet as in like the best food ever like not cheap calories in a box meals…. I only want to do it for a few people as you know I put so much effort into these meals I don’t have time to do a gazillion a week. Think of me as your personal chef who delivers your food in a doggy bag……ok not a doggie bag that sounds wrong… more like vacuum sealed so it keeps nice and fresh. I guess it’s a company for gym junkies or not I honestly have no idea right now. I mean all the calories are counted and provided on the menu. But anyone can eat right……. so ah yeh basically I was bored and picked up a phone book and thought id give you a buzz. Anyway ah yeh feel free to shoot me a message on ********** to get a menu you could call but ill probably be in food service and also I hate getting sales calls from randoms so I never pick up the phone if I don’t know who it is…cough.. all good ill call you back if I know who you are.

This will be fun hahahahaha

22. focusedlife

focusedlife Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $838
    This thread is insanely good.

I knew of Ringless Voice Drops for a minute and I knew of one guru type dude that was doing this some way, somehow related to the car industry (Syd Michaels I believe is his name).

Anyways, I definitely see opportunity and lots of ruinous potential from other damn marketers.

With that being said, I think the stuff Jon Buchan has (Charming Offensive Guy) some funny sales scripts for sale that folks could really benefit from.

Basically what he does (if you haven't heard of him) is uses his style of what he calls charmingly offensive humor in his cold outreach and has a ton of folks claiming results using his style.

All the stuff is fairly formulated (he studies & uses comedy formulas)

Here's a mini checklist of what I think is everything one would need based on what I've read and piecemealed together to make hay while the sun is out:

Dang, you could pretty much offer this as a service, huh?

You could be a full on omni-present lead gen service provider.

*I'll script the message and outreach folks using ringless voice drop, linkedin, and email

I wonder what folks might pay for a bundled service like that?

Kojo Quansah and Kyle T like this.
  23. mobonobo

mobonobo Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $773
    Hi guys, a bit late to the party here. So I called Slybroadcasts and didn't get through, instant chat was a bit of a non starter too.

I called these guys who are a client and use the service for their call centre clients Better Contact Center Software | My Call Cloud Call Center Solutions and they use it for both debt management calls and solar, so your affiliate type niches. I was thinking would it be good lead gen source for B2B but he said they have no B2B clients. It onlty works calling a cell phone and not an office phone and what exec is publishing their cell phone on any kind of email opt in marketing list.

Unless I've missed something here, I think this would form part of a funnel e.g Facebook lead ad/Google ad > voicemail > call back > close

Anyone actually signed up and tried it? Also, I wonder if its available in Europe or U.S only?

Agree with @focusedlife think it would need a couple of angles/channels to get people to convert.

AgainstAllOdds and focusedlife like this.
  24. focusedlife

focusedlife Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $838
    @Johnny boy would you mind if I ask, how did you reply to the folks that called in and were like "Who gave you my number?" (assuming that might've happened a few times, no?).

Trying to get ideas to smooth through those initial awkward stages when first breaking the ice with folks.

Any helpful feedback is much appreciated.

25. abrakamowse

abrakamowse Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $472
    I will try it!!! Thank you so much for posting it!!!!

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.