The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

A new marketing tool I'm using with ridiculous ROI

USN-Ken

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
274%
Apr 21, 2015
Durant, Iowa
You can filter numbers through the DNC, and it's still going to be a while until it's a problem in all states. AND, I have no problem finding loopholes such as using foreign companies when it does become illegal for any reason. I haven't ran into anyone getting mad about the messages because they sound personal, are highly focused, and are an offer to help the person.

edit: I think I might have my buddy report my number to see how they track me down so I can avoid leaving traces or how I can avoid anything sticking in court.
Skip tracing services provide phone numbers for addresses if you have it formatted correctly. I use this for real estate. They need (First name, last name, street address, city, state, zip) all in their own boxes in an excel spreadsheet. You can get phone numbers for these people for .30 each. I use needtoskip.com and upload the file to their site and get numbers back in less than 2 days sometimes 1.

Out of curiosity, does needtoskip tell you whether the numbers they are giving you are cell or landlines?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
617%
May 9, 2017
Washington State

piesandak47

Bronze Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Mar 7, 2014
It has been around for at least 3 years, as far as I recall. Marketers are mostly introverts, so it won't saturate.

Same reason cold calling is still effective.

Agreed. Most "online marketers" will bend over backwards to NOT talk to an actual human being.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Any more stories from those who tried this technique due to this thread?

QDF

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Jan 1, 2014
This tech has been around for a long time. I remember looking at it way back in my mortgage brokerage days (20+ years ago). Waaaay more expensive back then. Might be good to use when reaching out to potential retailers.

Exactly my thoughts when I read this. If I end up pursuing more wholesale accounts later this year, I'm now planning to make a list of prospects and leave them an email with a "soft" pitch basically asking if they're interested in receiving free samples, and then go from there.

AniM

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Apr 11, 2018
DC
I'm just getting started wholesaling real estate and I'm going to try this method.

Right now I've built a small buyers list but I need to get a business entity before I start marketing.

Love to chat with anyone else who's using it for real estate. I have a lot to learn

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
About to try this out and would like some feedback on my voicemail script. Trying to keep it fast and casual since it's only a voicemail.

The target market is local service businesses and tradesmen.

Hey, this is ____ from _______.

The reason I called is to schedule an appointment with you about how my team and I can get you some more phone calls to your business every week.

If you're interested, I would love to schedule a call or meeting with you sometime this week.

I'm available from 9am to 4pm, Monday through Friday, so feel free give me a callback or text and we can move forward.

Look forward to speaking with you, bye.

floridaman

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Dec 28, 2018
Orlando, FL
About to try this out and would like some feedback on my voicemail script. Trying to keep it fast and casual since it's only a voicemail.

The target market is local service businesses and tradesmen.

Hey, this is ____ from _______.

The reason I called is to schedule an appointment with you about how my team and I can get you some more phone calls to your business every week.

If you're interested, I would love to schedule a call or meeting with you sometime this week.

I'm available from 9am to 4pm, Monday through Friday, so feel free give me a callback or text and we can move forward.

Look forward to speaking with you, bye.

The only thing I would add is a piece about them making more money, closing more sales. You DO mention that you can get them some more phone calls, which is good. But what do they really want? More time or money, so connect your value prop (more calls) to what they want (more deals closed/more money/more time). "The reason I called is to schedule an appointment with you and show you how I can get you more phone calls to your business each week, so you can close more sales and make more money."

That's my 2 cents! I'd love to hear feedback from others.

PizzaOnTheRoof

Moving Forward
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
220%
Jul 30, 2018
Texas
The only thing I would add is a piece about them making more money, closing more sales. You DO mention that you can get them some more phone calls, which is good. But what do they really want? More time or money, so connect your value prop (more calls) to what they want (more deals closed/more money/more time). "The reason I called is to schedule an appointment with you and show you how I can get you more phone calls to your business each week, so you can close more sales and make more money."

That's my 2 cents! I'd love to hear feedback from others.
Thanks! That makes sense. Too bad I already sent it out haha.

I'll edit it for the next 50 I send out though.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
gonna use this lol

Hi whats up?

My name is Tim,

I am a chef and started a food delivery business which does gourmet food for people who are time poor..yeh gourmet as in like the best food ever like not cheap calories in a box meals…. I only want to do it for a few people as you know I put so much effort into these meals I don’t have time to do a gazillion a week. Think of me as your personal chef who delivers your food in a doggy bag……ok not a doggie bag that sounds wrong… more like vacuum sealed so it keeps nice and fresh. I guess it’s a company for gym junkies or not I honestly have no idea right now. I mean all the calories are counted and provided on the menu. But anyone can eat right……. so ah yeh basically I was bored and picked up a phone book and thought id give you a buzz. Anyway ah yeh feel free to shoot me a message on ********** to get a menu you could call but ill probably be in food service and also I hate getting sales calls from randoms so I never pick up the phone if I don’t know who it is…cough.. all good ill call you back if I know who you are.

This will be fun hahahahaha

focusedlife

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 16, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
This thread is insanely good.

I knew of Ringless Voice Drops for a minute and I knew of one guru type dude that was doing this some way, somehow related to the car industry (Syd Michaels I believe is his name).

Anyways, I definitely see opportunity and lots of ruinous potential from other damn marketers.

With that being said, I think the stuff Jon Buchan has (Charming Offensive Guy) some funny sales scripts for sale that folks could really benefit from.

Basically what he does (if you haven't heard of him) is uses his style of what he calls charmingly offensive humor in his cold outreach and has a ton of folks claiming results using his style.

All the stuff is fairly formulated (he studies & uses comedy formulas)

Here's a mini checklist of what I think is everything one would need based on what I've read and piecemealed together to make hay while the sun is out:

Dang, you could pretty much offer this as a service, huh?

You could be a full on omni-present lead gen service provider.

*I'll script the message and outreach folks using ringless voice drop, linkedin, and email

I wonder what folks might pay for a bundled service like that?

mobonobo

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Apr 27, 2014
London
Hi guys, a bit late to the party here. So I called Slybroadcasts and didn't get through, instant chat was a bit of a non starter too.

I called these guys who are a client and use the service for their call centre clients Better Contact Center Software | My Call Cloud Call Center Solutions and they use it for both debt management calls and solar, so your affiliate type niches. I was thinking would it be good lead gen source for B2B but he said they have no B2B clients. It onlty works calling a cell phone and not an office phone and what exec is publishing their cell phone on any kind of email opt in marketing list.

Unless I've missed something here, I think this would form part of a funnel e.g Facebook lead ad/Google ad > voicemail > call back > close

Anyone actually signed up and tried it? Also, I wonder if its available in Europe or U.S only?

Agree with @focusedlife think it would need a couple of angles/channels to get people to convert.

focusedlife

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Mar 16, 2013
Brooklyn, NY
"I signed up your neighbor for lawn care and offered them 20% off if someone on their street signed up too so they gave me your number, call me back and lets sign you up so I can take 20% off for both of you".

@Johnny boy would you mind if I ask, how did you reply to the folks that called in and were like "Who gave you my number?" (assuming that might've happened a few times, no?).

Trying to get ideas to smooth through those initial awkward stages when first breaking the ice with folks.

Any helpful feedback is much appreciated.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
617%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
@Johnny boy would you mind if I ask, how did you reply to the folks that called in and were like "Who gave you my number?" (assuming that might've happened a few times, no?).

Trying to get ideas to smooth through those initial awkward stages when first breaking the ice with folks.

Any helpful feedback is much appreciated.

*555-5555 calls me and I write down the number*

"Hello this is johnny boy lawn care"

"Hi, you said a neighbor gave you my number. Who was it?"

"Ah, yes let me check my notes...looks like Rachel gave me your number.. 555-5455 right?" (repeat back the wrong number by one digit)

"No this is 555-5555, who tf is Rachel?"

"Oh I'm so sorry! I dialed the wrong number! You don't happen to live in (city) do you?"

"I do"

"Oh, sweet! Let me enter you in to win free lawn care in our raffle. It's the least I can do for taking up your time. Do you currently use a lawn care company or plan to this year?"

"I'm considering it"

"Awesome, well let's get you a free quote and then we'll enter you in to win free lawn care. I just need some info real quick. Address and email?"

"billbuttlicker@gmail.com and 420 69th ave sw, Beverly hills 90210"

"awesome and does today or tomorrow afternoon work for your free appointment to get that quote? I can be there during the afternoon. It will only take a few minutes"

"uh, 4:30 should work"

"great see you then"

*meet with him and try to sign him up on a contract*

"Funny how all this happened from me dialing the wrong number. Life is funny that way".

Kyle T

Marketing Entrepreneur
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Aug 22, 2018
Utah
Has anyone used this as a way to do lead gen for a client? I have a client who is signing up for PPC ads and was thinking about maybe trying this out as a way to impress them with a lead or two.

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
Alrighty, gonna try this out.

Looks like I can get the zip code I want from telephonelists & they claim they've scrubbed it against the DNC list & it's a combo of landlines & cell phones.

Slybroadcast claims this works on both types of phone lines. And I can stagger the VM message drop so I'm not blasting 800 people all at once. I'll be staggering them on a coming weekend day when I have no clients scheduled & can field any potential phone calls.

I'll also be creating the VM message from inside my car, as I'm basically asking people if the big a$$ garage house I'm driving by is theirs, haha.

Total investment:

$79 for the zip code with 853 numbers
$60 for 1000 VM's of my pre-recorded message sent out
Total investment, $139 bucks & an hour or two of my time.

Researched AZ law & there seems to be nothing on the books showing this as illegal here.

I'll report back with results.

Kyle T

Marketing Entrepreneur
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Aug 22, 2018
Utah
Thank you again for this... Closed my first deal using this method.

On Wednesday. Used a VA to scrape 400 phone numbers: $12

On Thursday. I use SlyBroadcastst to drop voicemail, only 200 were successful. Cost: $16

On Friday, I closed a deal in which the client is paying $600 /month.

FoxFire21

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Sep 11, 2013
Kentucky

On Thursday. I use SlyBroadcastst to drop voicemail, only 200 were successful. Cost: $16

Where did you scrape the phone numbers from? Are you B2B, or B2C?

BlackMagician

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Jul 18, 2018
Mumbai, India

Hi Kyle,

Awesome Execution!
How do you start the pitch for web design and SEO service?

I so wish to try this, but here in India, there is no concept of voicemail. No one uses it. I am trying to implement this via whatsapp if I can get the whatsapp numbers.

Last edited:

FoxFire21

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Sep 11, 2013
Kentucky
Alrighty, gonna try this out.

Looks like I can get the zip code I want from telephonelists & they claim they've scrubbed it against the DNC list & it's a combo of landlines & cell phones.

Slybroadcast claims this works on both types of phone lines. And I can stagger the VM message drop so I'm not blasting 800 people all at once. I'll be staggering them on a coming weekend day when I have no clients scheduled & can field any potential phone calls.

I'll also be creating the VM message from inside my car, as I'm basically asking people if the big a$$ garage house I'm driving by is theirs, haha.

Total investment:

$79 for the zip code with 853 numbers
$60 for 1000 VM's of my pre-recorded message sent out
Total investment, $139 bucks & an hour or two of my time.

Researched AZ law & there seems to be nothing on the books showing this as illegal here.

I'll report back with results.

My agreement specifically states it's not scrubbed. Just looking out. It may be different state to state.

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
My agreement specifically states it's not scrubbed. Just looking out. It may be different state to state.

Thanks for the heads up, I read all the fine print, always, but I have yet to pull the trigger. I will report back on that specifically also when I'm able to make this happen. Much appreciated!

Einfamilienhaus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Feb 8, 2019
Is it this guys what you were talking about?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Tanu1234

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 4, 2018
I've tried door-to-door sales, door hangers, sending physical mail, email marketing, PPC ads, Facebook ads, cold calling, craigslist, etc...

All of it "kinda" works. It's either too expensive, too inefficient, too tedious, too something.

I have a lawn care company and I've been doing some real estate wholesaling (to stay busy in the winter). I've been using all sorts of advertising and it never worked as well as I wanted.

I recently came across a website that sends people a recorded voicemail that you make, except the person thinks it is an actual person who left a voicemail, not a robocall they have to listen to. It doesn't ring their phone, just leaves a voicemail and says "missed call" from whichever number you choose. It's called SlyBroadcast.

So I tried it. I paid for 100 voicemails for $10. I uploaded a couple lists. Some for real estate (people who had ugly homes). And some for people I wanted to sign up for lawn care (numbers in my zip code for women over 40 who have nice homes).

I recorded one message saying "I drove by your home and wanted to see if you'd be interested in selling it to me" and another saying "I signed up your neighbor for lawn care and offered them 20% off if someone on their street signed up too so they gave me your number, call me back and lets sign you up so I can take 20% off for both of you".

I got back tons of calls, made appointments and signed people up, and got leads for real estate deals.

It cost me $10.

Depending on where you get your numbers, you might have to pay for that part. But for me it was cheap.

That's a mind-numbing ROI...

It's scalable, efficient, and best of all, it is ACTIVE marketing. It's not sitting around waiting for responses, you can tell in a couple hours if it works or not.

Think about it. What do you do if you see a facebook ad? "meh". A google ad? "meh". A robocall? You hate them. Telemarketers? Burn em alive. Physical mailers? Straight to the garbage. Someone leaving a voicemail that sounds personal? You're actually going to listen to that. They listen on their own time and nearly every single person will give a voicemail their undivided attention if it sounds like a human with a real message.

And it costs $0.10 down to $0.06 each if you buy in bulk. It doesn't charge for undelivered messages either.

I can think of a ton of ways to use this to kick a$$ in sales.

Car sales? Get a list of people recently discharged from bankruptcy and send them a voicemail saying you can help them get a car loan. Or send voicemails to all previous customers.

Digital marketing agency? Search for local services and upload every phone number that doesn't have a website link on their google business result, same with craigslist services. Send them a voicemail that you can build them a website.

I remember cold calling people when I worked as a car salesman, I would rather just take that list, upload the numbers to a system, spend a few bucks and get way more results without bothering people and annoying them.

I found this because I'm lazy. I hate knocking on doors. I hate bothering people with a phone call. I hate having to compete with facebook ads that don't convert. I hate sending expensive mailers that are going to get tossed in the trash. Every time I do something that will never scale, I get angry. When I find something that will scale, I get excited.

I'm not a salesperson for SlyBroadcast, I've posted on here for my lawn care company before.

Check it out. To be safe you might want to run numbers through the do-not-call list.

I'm very happy I found this. I'm going to use it as my primary marketing tool if it continues to perform this well.

Sounds amazing[emoji54]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Janeter1nADrum

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Feb 28, 2019
Mexico
I checked out this site. Looks like a good method, providing you already have the phone numbers of the prospects on your list. No list, no deal.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
617%
May 9, 2017
Washington State

NICE!!!

mbilal

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Apr 7, 2018
Germany
How do you use this software?

In B2B, landline numbers are the norm, not mobile numbers. The software unfortunately does not accept landline numbers for me, does anyone have any tips for me?

Many Thanks

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.