The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Chasing Freedom - Creating My Own Digital Marketing Company

Marketing, social media, advertising

Kyle T

Marketing Entrepreneur
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Aug 22, 2018
Utah
Dude, give yourself a pat on the shoulder. You’re doing well...better then a lot of people. I know what it’s like because I have kids and family too! Finding the time is super hard sometimes.

A little advice - let loose! Unbutton your shirt and take it easy. Sometimes it’s worth stepping away from your business and taking a refresher. Look at things from the outside in.

Ask yourself if there is a smarter way to do what you’re doing? Is there a smarter way to get leads coming in VS you going out after them? Is outreach the only way? Can you build a simple funnel system?

As Entrepreneurs, we think we can handle it all. We think we have to do every single job...you’re going to deteriorate bro...

You ever think about hiring a company to handle your outreach?

What do you pay your VA?

Systems are super important, especially in the service business. Establish those systems even if it means cutting your client list down until you’re where you need to be.

You hit the nail on the head with a lot of questions that I have been asking myself. Outreach is actually my favorite part of the work and I wouldn't really want to outsource it... with that said I don't want to end up being a bottleneck.

My ideal situation would be to find a more capable VA that I can have to do a majority of the client's services "grunt work". That is the stuff that I really struggle with and then I would be able to focus 100% on growing the business.

My current VA is pretty darn cheap and I mainly just have her do some admin tasks and lead scraping. I haven't trained her well enough and while I gave her some basic training, I am not confident to let her handle some of the more important client tasks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kyle T

Marketing Entrepreneur
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Aug 22, 2018
Utah
BOOM!

Best day so far. My pipeline is so full that it is busting at the seams. I closed 4 new deals today! By far a new record for me. 3 Monthly Recurring Service Clients and One Large Website Design Client.

Out of the 4 deals, 2 have come from networking & the other 2 have come from my LinkedIn outreach.

In addition, I have made my business much more efficient. I read the book "Profit First" and applied it. I have cut my budget significantly to guarantee a consistent profit without suffocating my business.

That book really spelled out the situation that I was going through and the different stages that were crushing me.

My Profit Last Cycle:
  1. "Business is on FIRE! We got plenty of money to spend. Buy every Software in sight! Hire more people!"
  2. **2 Weeks Later** Blinded by the "success" normal churn hits me like a brick in the face.
  3. "I am barely making any profit ?!? How can this be? Cut my budget for everything!"
  4. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

As you can see... that was not a recipe for success. I am now a bit more focused on what is most essential for my business and what expenses are mission-critical. The past month I have successfully cut my budget while increasing my revenue and I am being much more aware of my expenses to keep them aligned with my new system.

May have some more details soon... I have 2 additional proposals that I need to send out tonight!

Kyle T

Marketing Entrepreneur
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Aug 22, 2018
Utah
Some Updates...

Life Coach ($2000 for website) - CLOSED this deal from a Referral from a past lead. I am hopeful that this will lead to some recurring revenue too once the website is complete.

NYC Rental Company ($550/month for Social Media Marketing) CLOSED this deal from reaching out cold on LinkedIn.

Appliance Repair Company ($300/month for Google Ads) CLOSED this deal from a referral from a current client.

Painting Company ($300/month for Google Ads) CLOSED this deal after meeting him through a local networking Facebook Group. Led with value and was persistent with following up and checking in with him.

Small Town Chiropractor - ($400/month for Google Ads) CLOSED. I met him while networking and have been following up for months before getting any positive feedback from him.

Online Ecommerce Company -($2000 + $650/month for Website & Ongoing Services) Very Close to Closing! Another lead that I met from LinkedIn

Overall it's been a great month but I have been so focused on pushing these deals through the pipe that I haven't been giving enough time to get more people in the pipe.

As I refocus on prospecting, I am also looking to target some bigger companies that have a higher budget. So far the cheapest clients are the hardest to work with and I now have to confidence to being a bit more selective.

A Fun New Goal That I've Been Thinking About: I want to have a client from every single state by the end of 2020. I love this country and think that it would be a cool prospecting/sales challenge that I could have some fun with.

Last edited:

Kyle T

Marketing Entrepreneur
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Aug 22, 2018
Utah
Chasing Freedom...

That phrase I have been using since the beginning of this adventure and the more I think about it, the more I realize that I have made it so incredibly far on this journey already.

• I have replaced my income from the "good job" that I left
  • I am spending more time with my son than I ever would have otherwise
  • I have served 23+ customers in 6 different states from the comfort of my own home
  • I am "working" less than ever. My time is spent on content and sales while I have outsourced a majority of the grunt work.
  • Business is doing well enough that we bought a house!

It's crazy to think that I used to spend 40/hours per week working a job that I hated so that I could live in a city that I couldn't afford.

Without reading, The Millionaire Fastlane , I don't think that I would have ever been ready to make this leap and I am SO glad that I did.

I keep picturing the world I would live in if I didn't become an entrepreneur...

I would have never bought a house.
I would be pulling my hair out to provide for my family.
My wife would have had to keep working full time.
My son would have gone to a crappy daycare (and woulda cost an arm & a leg)
I would have worked to be content with meager 2% raises every year.
I would be a good employee who just waited in line for promotions.

But Now? My life is in my hands!
I can go on vacation when I want.
If I want a 10% raise then I just need to go out and get another client.
I can spend lunch with my family almost every day.
I can work when I feel like rather than being chained to a desk.
I enjoy what I do and I have no ceiling on income potential.

So this post was mainly just a write up to tell the forum that I am well on my way to my "freedom". I am happier than I have ever been and the best part is that this is only the beginning.

Kyle T

Marketing Entrepreneur
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Aug 22, 2018
Utah
Updates
  • Filling My Pipeline.
    • Networking Events & LinkedIn have been my two greatest successes. That is where I am focusing my attention. Cold Emailing is not working for me at all and the voicemails drops haven't been panning out either. I am going to test a few more different scripts and see if I can improve either one of those prospecting channels.
  • Youtube Channel
    • Created a YouTube Channel. I'm mad that I didn't do this a year ago but better late than ever. Focused on creating educational content for small business owners and ultimately am going to sell them on a) marketing services & b) a course.
    • I have some decent sized goals for this so I am thinking about creating my own Youtube Execution Thread.
  • Marketing Course
    • I have outlined a marketing course that I am going to create to sell to small business owners who are DIYers. Planning on writing the course this month & filming it next.
  • Lifetime Deals on Software
    • I took a decent portion of my profits & invested it in lifetime deals on software. This has allowed me to shed $300-400 per month in monthly software costs and was able to cancel nearly all of my software subscriptions. The only ones that I haven't found solutions for are LinkedIn Sales Navigator & the Automation software for that. LinkedIn is cracking down on people who are using automation so it might be a good time to cancel, but the amount of time that it saves me is too good to pass up.

Last edited:

Champion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 12, 2019
Hamburg, Germany
Hey Kyle,

This is so great to hear how far you've come!

I have also been hustling the past 2 months and im confident it will pay off as long as I keep going at the same pace.

Thanks alot for sharing your adventures :)

Best

Dan_Cardone

Losers make excuses. Winners find solutions.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Jul 23, 2019
Have you tried using direct mail to get new clients?

Dan_Cardone

Losers make excuses. Winners find solutions.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Jul 23, 2019
I have not but would open to exploring it. Any resources that you recommend?
The 1-Page Marketing Plan and The Direct Mail Solution

Chip01

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Aug 4, 2019
Scotland, UK
Hi @Kyle T

First of all, a massive congratulations for how far you've come so far! Incredible work to have closed so many deals in the time you did. Well done!

I have a few questions regarding your process, if you don't mind

1. What's your meeting strategy? I'm assuming after a prospect shows interest you set up a meeting with them to go over your services etc. ? I may be wrong but this is the way I go about things

2. What "mundane" tasks have you outsourced? Also, do you outsource any of the production at all?

3. I noticed you have different clients closed at different monthly prices. Is there a reason behind that? Is it due to the company's budget/size? Also on your website you have the prices of each package available to see - does this not raise questions from your clients if you give them a different price?

All the best for the future, mate!

Kyle T

Marketing Entrepreneur
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Aug 22, 2018
Utah
Hi @Kyle T

First of all, a massive congratulations for how far you've come so far! Incredible work to have closed so many deals in the time you did. Well done!

I have a few questions regarding your process, if you don't mind

1. What's your meeting strategy? I'm assuming after a prospect shows interest you set up a meeting with them to go over your services etc. ? I may be wrong but this is the way I go about things

2. What "mundane" tasks have you outsourced? Also, do you outsource any of the production at all?

3. I noticed you have different clients closed at different monthly prices. Is there a reason behind that? Is it due to the company's budget/size? Also on your website you have the prices of each package available to see - does this not raise questions from your clients if you give them a different price?

All the best for the future, mate!
Hey Chip!

Thanks for the questions.

1) Not that formal but goes something like this:
  • Start Casual Conversation and learn about them & their business
  • Provide value and insight
  • Schedule phonecall
  • Phonecall #1 Discuss their needs (get answers to all qualifying questions.) Schedule a follow-up call where we can go over the proposal.
  • Phonecall #2 I present them with the solutions that I came up with. Usually 2 or 3 different options and use price anchoring (Ie: 400,500, 900 package) knowing full well which price is gonna work best for them.
  • Follow-Up Relentlessly
2)By production, you mean the services? Yes is one of the main things that I outsource. I have virtual assistants in 3 categories:
  • Admin
    • Handles Lead Scraping. Website Maintenance. Replies to Craigslist Postings, Creates some basic content, etc.
  • PPC/SEO
    • Manages Google Ads & implements opportunities that are provided by PPC software.
  • Web Design
    • Build websites for new customers & make design changes for current clients.
Actually, now it is up to 4 categories as I brought someone on to handle my video editing for the new Youtube videos that I am making. It's possible that I will expand and use more freelancers to provide video editing & video SEO as an add on service.

I still monitor the data and provide instructions about what I would like them to do, but I let them do the other 80% of the process.

3. No, I haven't had a single client ask me why their pricing is different from what I have listed. The prices on my website are coming down soon, but I have left them up there because It gives people an idea of the pricing range. Ultimately, different clients are of different sizes and have different desires. I have found it best to provide custom quotes because no two companies need the exact same things.

I have numbers that I have established as the bare minimum of what I can sell a service for (ie $200 for PPC Ads, $100 for Web Maintenance, $300 for Social Media, etc) and then I package together with a solution within their budget.

The cheapest clients have been the worst to work and I am generally striving to get an amount higher than those numbers... but I keep them in the back of my mind.

Boab

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Aug 17, 2017
Scotland
Hey Kyle,

thanks so much for documenting your journey. It has been truly inspiring and very clear that you will be a success at whatever you do :)

Can I ask if you quote fixed price for PPC costs to include ad spend? If not how much do you recommend small businesses spend?

Robert

Kyle T

Marketing Entrepreneur
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Aug 22, 2018
Utah
Hey Kyle,

thanks so much for documenting your journey. It has been truly inspiring and very clear that you will be a success at whatever you do :)

Can I ask if you quote fixed price for PPC costs to include ad spend? If not how much do you recommend small businesses spend?

Robert

Doesn't include ad spend and totally depends on the market. $300 in ad spend would do NOTHING for a lawyer but the same $300 can get some awesome results for an appliance repairman.

Location is huge too.

For example, I have an appliance repairman in Utah referred me to a friend of his who lives in California.

The cost of the ads is 3-4x more expensive. So the same ad spend doesn't get the same results.

Envious

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Sep 26, 2017
London
Props @Kyle T . You've taken massive action and the results are coming in. We often overcomplicate business so much, but in the end all it comes down to taking action and learning.

Dieriba

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Apr 26, 2019
Hey kyle, I’ve just finished reading your thread and I just want to tell you how I’m amazed at what you’ve done so far, unlike you I was action faking to take action but reading that have made me understand that I had to go with my all if I want to change my life, so thanks you for that
If you don’t mind I have some questions about marketing agency,
1.I only know the very basic of html and css and I think I have forgotten the half should I go for an update or hiring someone would be the best way (I know someone who has already made website for his friends, teaming up with him would be a bad idea or I should rather give a try and see how it's going ?) ?
2.When you make a website for a client do you use wordpress or something like that ?
3.what advice could you give me to pick niches or find clients.
4.Have you any courses to advices ?

Thanks for all the informations you’ve shared with us so far.
PS: If you’re using wordpress or any site like that are you the one paying the subscription for clients ?

Last edited:

Envious

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Sep 26, 2017
London
Hey kyle, I’ve just finished reading your thread and I just want to tell you how I’m amazed at what you’ve done so far, unlike you I was action faking to take action but reading that have made me understand that I had to go with my all if I want to change my life, so thanks you for that
1.I only know the very basic of html and css and I think I have forgotten the half should I go for an update or hiring someone would be the best way (I know someone who has already made website for his friends, teaming up with him would be a bad idea or I should rather give a try and see how it's going ?) ?
2.When you make a website for a client do you use wordpress or something like that ?

PS: If you’re using wordpress or any site like that are you the one paying the subscription for clients ?
You've read the whole thread, but you've completely missed the point. What Kyle has demonstrated is taking action, learning and re-adjusting. He didn't have all the answers and he learnt as he went.

No one has all the answers.

You must do the same. Get out there and start getting clients, once they present you with their problems, you'll be able to figure out the answers.

MILIANARD134

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Mar 22, 2018
France
Congrats on your progress dude.

@Dieriba : Do you want a step by step actionnable plan ?
After reading this post, go on internet, search for 100 company number in construction.
write the num on your computer.
Take the phone or a coldcall software.
Call these 100 company and ask them if they need help (a website/fb ads/seo i don't know what you are doing).
Do this now.

Dieriba

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
47%
Apr 26, 2019
Congrats on your progress dude.

@Dieriba : Do you want a step by step actionnable plan ?
After reading this post, go on internet, search for 100 company number in construction.
write the num on your computer.
Take the phone or a coldcall software.
Call these 100 company and ask them if they need help (a website/fb ads/seo i don't know what you are doing).
Do this now.
thanks but I prefer to know why did you choose this niche and not another ? what are the criteria do you use to select a niche ?

maverick

Aspice, officio fungeris sine spe honoris ampliori
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Oct 26, 2012
Hi Kyle,

I've found that charging clients a sum upfront ("to fix the foundations") makes a lot of sense. SOmetimes you'll inherit a terribly setup google ads account which you'll need to fix first (=upfront) and then run (=recurring).

This same principle can also be applied for other areas such as SEO / Display / Email.

Chip01

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
106%
Aug 4, 2019
Scotland, UK
thanks but I prefer to know why did you choose this niche and not another ? what are the criteria do you use to select a niche ?

It’s not so much WHY a niche is chosen. It’s about just choosing it.

Construction may be a good niche to go after in one city/state but not in another.

You need to test this for yourself. Remember, there’s no magic pill or secret formula.

Trying to find the perfect niche before you start dialling is just another form of procrastination. As soon as you start phoning companies in any niche you’ll get a better idea of what services (if any) they need help with.

Dentists in your area may already have good websites but need help with SEO. Chiropractors maybe already have someone allocated to their social media so don’t need any help with that but their websites need an update.

Just take action and adjust from there!

Fid

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
May 26, 2017
Wroclaw, Poland
@Kyle T - I can't believe I only now discovered this thread!

Amazing dedication and great results. You're killing it in such a short time!

You mentioned brain fogs at one point. What's helped me recently is:
- giving up milk and dairy (it's about caseine, not lactose)
- giving up wheat (not gluten, just wheat products)
- eating my last meal before 7 pm
- sleeping from 10 pm to 6 am

Regular sleep might be quite hard for you because of your child, but the rest has been suggested to me by my dietician. The improvement is tremendous.

I've started a DM business around the same time as you, Kyle. But my results are not that good, haha. I see you're doing great with networking and LinkedIn (which I am also doing), let me ask a few questions.

1. How salesy are you in the networking meetings? I'm not trying to sell at all, just hang out with people, focus on them, be helpful and wait for referrals. After 2-3 months I'm getting some, but I believe I could do better.

2. You're sending videos to prospects on LinkedIn. Do you 100% follow the guide (video + pixel + remarketing) or you're sending some valuable lead-magnet (like a quick SEO audit) with a clear offer and CTA?

3. You've mentioned you follow up a lot. How do you do that? I hardly ever followup more than once. I don't want to look desperate and I'd rather follow up with value (e.g. a link to an article/video) than just send "hey, what's up?" email.

I've tried so many things for prospecting but nothing seems to work. I mainly offer web design (with SEO/PPC as an upsell), but most of the people I talk to want a website for $400. That's why I want to transition to more of MRR stuff.

Thanks!

Kyle T

Marketing Entrepreneur
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Aug 22, 2018
Utah

1) My coding is a joke. I haven't coded once since I started and don't anticipate re-learning to code anytime soon. Don't overthink it. Find people you can help & help them.

2) Wordpress almost always.

3) Your niche will find you. I tried to plan my niche and the best clients that I have are completely outside it. Don't be picky. Just start helping people.

The only niche that I am focused on is businesses that actually have money.

4) Udemy courses are an awesome resource but there is no magical course. I look for courses only when I hit a fork in the road.

Adding PPC ads to my services? Find a couple of courses on that.

Want to improve landing pages? Find a course on that.

Improving your sales funnel? Take a course on that.

I have found great value in courses but I haven't finished a single one. I scan the sections and find the most essential ones that I need and then I use it as a resource to refer back to.

5) Wordpress doesn't have a subscription. You might mean hosting? I have looked into a few managed hosting options but I decided against hosting websites. I refer them to my preferred provider and collect the referral bonus instead.

Fewer Headaches

Last edited:

Kyle T

Marketing Entrepreneur
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Aug 22, 2018
Utah
Hi Kyle,

I've found that charging clients a sum upfront ("to fix the foundations") makes a lot of sense. SOmetimes you'll inherit a terribly setup google ads account which you'll need to fix first (=upfront) and then run (=recurring).

This same principle can also be applied for other areas such as SEO / Display / Email.

I am moving towards a similar format. I have typically avoided this because I always used an upfront "freebie" as a selling point to increase the targeted monthly rate by $50-100

@Kyle T - I can't believe I only now discovered this thread!

Amazing dedication and great results. You're killing it in such a short time!

You mentioned brain fogs at one point. What's helped me recently is:
- giving up milk and dairy (it's about caseine, not lactose)
- giving up wheat (not gluten, just wheat products)
- eating my last meal before 7 pm
- sleeping from 10 pm to 6 am

Regular sleep might be quite hard for you because of your child, but the rest has been suggested to me by my dietician. The improvement is tremendous.

I've started a DM business around the same time as you, Kyle. But my results are not that good, haha. I see you're doing great with networking and LinkedIn (which I am also doing), let me ask a few questions.

1. How salesy are you in the networking meetings? I'm not trying to sell at all, just hang out with people, focus on them, be helpful and wait for referrals. After 2-3 months I'm getting some, but I believe I could do better.

2. You're sending videos to prospects on LinkedIn. Do you 100% follow the guide (video + pixel + remarketing) or you're sending some valuable lead-magnet (like a quick SEO audit) with a clear offer and CTA?

3. You've mentioned you follow up a lot. How do you do that? I hardly ever followup more than once. I don't want to look desperate and I'd rather follow up with value (e.g. a link to an article/video) than just send "hey, what's up?" email.

I've tried so many things for prospecting but nothing seems to work. I mainly offer web design (with SEO/PPC as an upsell), but most of the people I talk to want a website for $400. That's why I want to transition to more of MRR stuff.

Thanks!
The diet and sleep have been huge for me as well!

Still, a long way to go, but it is amazing how much better we feel when we take care of ourselves.

1) Not salesy at all.

The networking meetings that I am apart of have a super active Facebook group. All I do is become friends with as many people as possible and support their businesses as much as possible.

When someone is looking for a web designer or a marketing person then my friends are able to name drop me and it has worked well.

I am currently looking into a more formal networking group like BNI but am still on the fence about it mainly because I hate the mandatory attendance.

2) What I have been doing is connecting and starting a conversation. Once the conversation is going well, I ask if I could give them some helpful feedback about their website. If they say 'Yes' then I send them a personalized video.

I realized that when I was doing it unsolicited there were way too many people that would never watch it, so I try to get a verbal commitment from them before I film it.

I am still using retargeting with the pixel a CTA for booking an appointment on my calendar... but both of those have been duds so far. The responses that I do get are usually through LinkedIn messenger.

3) I will check in with them repeatedly even if they don't give me a response.

People are busy and just because they haven't replied doesn't mean that they are no longer interested!

I follow up with them using different channels (email, text, phone, LinkedIn message) until I get a response.

If they want me to leave them alone then they have to tell me 'No'.

I haven't been providing additional value in my followup process, but that is something that I need to implement soon.

Last edited:

Kyle T

Marketing Entrepreneur
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Aug 22, 2018
Utah
1 Year Fastlane Anniversary!

Compared to a year ago when I was in the slow lane:

• I am now making more MONEY
  • I now have more FREEDOM.
  • I now spend more time with FAMILY
  • I am now 10x more HAPPY.

This book and forum have changed my life. Thank you to @MJ DeMarco and everyone else who has had such an incredible impact on me

Excited to keep sharing my journey.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
1 Year Fastlane Anniversary!

Compared to a year ago when I was in the slow lane:

• I am now making more MONEY
  • I now have more FREEDOM.
  • I now spend more time with FAMILY
  • I am now 10x more HAPPY.

This book and forum have changed my life. Thank you to @MJ DeMarco and everyone else who has had such an incredible impact on me

Excited to keep sharing my journey.
Thanks Kyle!! So awesome to hear your progress!

Kyle T

Marketing Entrepreneur
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Aug 22, 2018
Utah
Thanks Kyle!! So awesome to hear your progress!
Thanks, MJ. The best part is that this is only to the beginning! Excited for what's to come.

James90

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Jul 2, 2019
Hawaii
Hey @Kyle T

Very impressed by your progress! I've also enrolled in @Sean Marshall course.
My agency was started last month, and I was able to secure 3 clients with web design and SEO optimization services.

I'm currently in the progress of the 1st round of VA/contractor hirings and wanted to get your input on the analytics...

What's your method in tracking the progress of the marketing?

And what form of interface do you present that tracking/analytics to your clients?

Kyle T

Marketing Entrepreneur
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Aug 22, 2018
Utah
I hit another breaking point.

Been a long time since I have updated this thread and things have been a roller coaster.

While my business had successfully replaced my income, I realize that I had built myself a job.

I was working more and every single client that I helped became a bigger headache then they were worth. I was stressed out and I didn't have enough time to grow my business.

I had 15 clients in 6+ niches and I couldn't keep them all happy.

Over the last month, I have made adjustments and I am now 100% focused on what is essential.

Here is what I have done:

1. I eliminated the bad clients.

I have realized that I have a bad habit of overestimating my abilities. I commit to doing more than I can and I charged less than I should.

This habit caused me to bring on clients that I had no business working with. I was charging them $600/month when I should have been charging them $1500+.

The clients that pay me $500/month take more time & cause me more stress than the ones that pay me $1000/month. I cut those clients and just explained to them that my business is going in a different direction.

2. I found a Mentor.

This guy is an mentor who is guiding me in the direction of my agency. I found him in an "inner circle" facebook group and he has helped me immensely. LEGITIMATE guidance & coaching has been invaluable for me in the last couple of weeks.

3. I Finally Found A Niche

With the help of my mentor, I have found a specific niche that I am able to get insane results for and they are willing to PAY UP. This marketing niche is less saturated than chiropractors, real estate agents & insurance agents and they are willing to pay me 400% more than my old clients.

4. Condensed my Services

I am now focused on only one service: Lead generation.

The only other service that I will spend any time on is Web Design. The only reason that I am maintaining the web design side is that it is bringing in $1500/month and is mostly passive because I delegate it to a VA and all clients are referrals.

Social Media, SEO, Content Marketing, & Graphics Design are all scrapped.

Customers were coming to me for lead generation yet I was spending more time on these other service categories.

I am honestly just not as good at these things and perfectly happy abandoning them at this stage because it is what is required to allow me to scale to where I want to go (15 - 30k per month).

5. Learned to Sell the Gap
As I mentioned above, I have a new niche that is much more profitable than the other businesses that I have been helping over the last 6 months.

This wouldn't have been possible without a complete mindset shift. The two books below are what helped me to move on to clients that are willing to pay me 4x what my other clients are
  1. Gap Selling by Keenan
  2. The Win Without Pitching Manifesto by Blair Enns
Anyone who is charging $500/month like I was then I highly recommend you read those books.

Kyle T

Marketing Entrepreneur
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Aug 22, 2018
Utah
Hey @Kyle T

Very impressed by your progress! I've also enrolled in @Sean Marshall course.
My agency was started last month, and I was able to secure 3 clients with web design and SEO optimization services.

I'm currently in the progress of the 1st round of VA/contractor hirings and wanted to get your input on the analytics...

What's your method in tracking the progress of the marketing?

And what form of interface do you present that tracking/analytics to your clients?
When I was doing SEO, I used SE Ranking to send them automated weekly reports. I remember that I struggled mightily before I started using that software.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.