The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

By the 2019 Summit, I will accomplish [blank]...

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Why bother
I do not know you or your situation, but you have to aim higher. You need to get uncomfortable trying to reach your goals, that is where the growth occurs.
Would you rather set low goals that you achieve, or super difficult ones that you grew like crazy and then fell slightly short of? I'd personally take the growth every day of the week.
Honestly thought this was a joke.
@Xeon if you're serious, at least you're in good company.

I feel we should be down to earth and realistic about our goals. If you've never made even US$100 in your own business before (like myself), then posting "I want to make US$10K next year" is nonsense IMHO.

How many of you guys have read this thread: EXECUTION - $100k 2017
With all love and respect for sparechange, that's a good example of an unrealistic goal UNLESS

i) your product goes viral (e.g: kayne west/johnny depp takes pics of themselves using your product)
ii) you've achieved similar success previously or have vast business exp/knowledge beforehand

Btw @GPM , US$800 is an uncomfortable goal for me cos' I wonder if I can even make US$400 lol. We'll see.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
I feel we should be down to earth and realistic about our goals. If you've never made even US$100 in your own business before (like myself), then posting "I want to make US$10K next year" is nonsense IMHO.

What you believe is possible, you will find a way to do.

What you believe is impossible, you will not attempt to do.

IlyaP

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
504%
Aug 25, 2016
How many of you guys have read this thread: EXECUTION - $100k 2017
With all love and respect for sparechange, that's a good example of an unrealistic goal UNLESS

i) your product goes viral (e.g: kayne west/johnny depp takes pics of themselves using your product)
ii) you've achieved similar success previously or have vast business exp/knowledge beforehand

I think the biggest reason for that goal being unrealistic isn't because $100,000 is a crazy number for him.

It's because:
  • He didn't break that goal down into actionable bite sized chunks and mini-goals throughout the year.
  • He didn't take real consistent action towards one goal for a long time. He talked a ton, jumped from idea to idea, but never did much in terms of consistent action. The thread starts on Dec 12th, 2016 and his "big sale" due to action happened on Oct 24th, 2017.
  • He got a ton of great advice from Biophase, RHL, Fox. He agreed the advice was great, but his actions showed that he didn't actually "get it."
  • He didn't seem to understand the concept of providing value first, CENTS, and a bunch of stuff MJ talks about in his books.
  • His posts seem to be stream of consciousness notes which is not necessarily an issue, but they don't provide that much value to the forum and if this is representative of the value he provides to people IRL, then the results make sense.
Now I don't want to be a "20 year old life guru" as MJ would say. My notes above are going off of the mistakes I personally made.

I had huge goals and dreams of crazy income when I just started out. I jumped from idea to idea, listened to smart people give me advice, agree with it, and then keep doing my own thing, etc, etc.

However, I eventually learned from all of the mistakes I've made.

I just hope he learns from his mistakes before it's too late...

Also, I think if you took someone like MJ, SinisterLex, GetRight, etc.. Took away everything they know about business/their field of focus, but they gave access to MFT, Unscripted , and this forum, they would get close to $100,000 within a year.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I'm not big into resolutions, preferring precision action against stated "goal" objectives. It's a fine line for me inbetween shiny new New Year's resolutions and milestones towards a goal. However, I have enjoyed reading your targets and hope that each of you creates either a progress thread or have some sort of system in place to ensure your goals get paired with action.

What I like about this thread is I see most if not all posting specific, measurable and life changing action objectives. There is almost no "new lambo" goals in this thread, which alone makes it different than almost the entire rest of the internet. You guys and gals, especially those that were able to attend the meetup and hear from people who have climbed mountains (@Get Right , @biophase, @million$$$smile and many many others) have caught on to the fact that they took massive action to achieve their massive results. Think of everything that @SteveO has done to get to where he is at. It was a sustained campaign, wading through shit (literally at times) and a grind with the long range objective in sight.

On my own personal business and objectives, I can tell you that while I remain committed to finishing the transition of the business I sold and with continued interest in furthering the objectives (and ultimately the stock price) of the business that I sold, I also have my eyes on the future. Selling that company was awesome and resulted in FU money, but not legacy money.

Next project for me is legacy money. I have built the legal structure of a new company (incorporation, branding, etc...). I have identified a market sector that meets ALL of the commandments of a fast lane business
Control
Entry
Need
Time and
Scale

And I am moving next week into ordering the first samples for what should be a late summer or early Fall launch. I will keep my inner circle appraised of the details as this company starts to build in stealth, and will likely share it on the Inside later this year. The business will be more complex, and will use Amazon as a channel but it is absolutely not going to be an Amazon business - the single biggest takeaway from my last venture. Amazon businesses violate the commandment of Control.

There's no question as to IF I will get this done, and that it will be successful. I will build it, and I will succeed. I will take the best of my scars with me into this new venture, and when the timing is good I will share the framework for those who come behind us.

Here's to all of you and your moving beyond your dreams and into your plans. I am about to enter the Desert of Desertion in the new business, but I welcome that phase as I now know what it will take to come out the other side with a vibrant, value filled offering to enhance people's lives.

See you all at the top of the mountain. - Dave

Last edited:
G

Guest92dX

1. Quit smoking. Making another double digit attempt now.

I created an all natural program for myself that causes projectile vomiting from the smell of cigarettes.

Made me scared to smoke. Didn't make me quit though. Don't know why. I probably didn't stick with it long enough. Effects tone down after a few months. They never fully go away though it seems.

2. Get first business sale. I've sold one-off things, but I haven't cracked the code on a business sale.

G

GuestUser4aMPs1

What you believe is possible, you will find a way to do.

What you believe is impossible, you will not attempt to do.

In @Xeon 's defense it may make more sense for him to set systems-based goals, especially if he's never built something from the ground up. If his goal is to get a sale, his daily action should be to make calls every day - doing so will allow him to gain momentum and gain confidence from winning every day.

As a personal example, I never thought that the business would be where it is today. I just worked on it daily, making meaningful progress every day.

Win the Day.
Move the needle, act until echo.

In the same token @Xeon , it's worth thinking bigger.

Last year, the reason that the business existed was so I could "get practice."
This year, the reason that the business exists is to become the best in the industry, and wipe my competitors off the face of the f'n planet.

Each "reason" compels a different level of action.
Which would you rather take?

samuraijack

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Jul 27, 2014
New York, New York
1. Quit smoking. Making another double digit attempt now.

I created an all natural program for myself that causes projectile vomiting from the smell of cigarettes.

Made me scared to smoke. Didn't make me quit though. Don't know why. I probably didn't stick with it long enough. Effects tone down after a few months. They never fully go away though it seems.

Maybe this can be a business idea?

G

Guest6814

I will have published 3 more books.

I will have at least 1,000 subscribers on my email list.

My self-publishing venture will be profitable.

Duane

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
286%
Jul 23, 2015
Lakeland FL
This is awesome stuff everyone, here are my goals by 2019:

$100k/mo revenue from service based business
Process:
  • Help 300 people and pick them up as monthly clients (through online advertising)
  • Expand into 3 major cities (buy out small businesses in those cities and re-brand)
  • re-define the game by offering a new innovative service
$10k/mo revenue from second business (product based business)
Process:
  • Establish a large presence on social media for exposure (ex: 10,0000 followers on IG)
  • Get 5 big names to endorse the product
  • Get into 5 retail stores with consistent re-orders
Learn to Speak Spanish Fluently
Process:
  • Spend 1-2 hours everyday practicing the language
  • Speak the language with close friends daily that are fluent

Del

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
394%
Jan 22, 2018
London, UK
Thank you for this post MJ and everyone for your replies.

Execution has been my weak point during the past years therefore it took a bit of guts to reply to this. Unfortunately I live in UK and was unable to attend this year's Summit. I will make sure I attend next year's one! By then I will have accomplish the following:
  • At least 5 lbs of muscle gains
  • Read at least 12 books (1 book/month)
  • I will have my first profitable mobile app launched
  • Create at least one Notable/Gold post in FLF
  • Have the freedom to attend the next Fastlane Summit! (Non-numerical but still a goal)
All of the above will get me outside my comfort zone every single day for a year. What will get YOU out of YOUR comfort zone?

Remind yourself that PROCESSES not EVENTS create financial FREEDOM!

See you in a year gents!

Last edited:
G

GuestUser4aMPs1

This is awesome stuff everyone, here are my goals by 2019:

$100k/mo revenue from service based business
Process:
  • Help 300 people and pick them up as monthly clients (through online advertising)
  • Expand into 3 major cities (buy out small businesses in those cities and re-brand)
  • re-define the game by offering a new innovative service
$10k/mo revenue from second business (product based business)
Process:
  • Establish a large presence on social media for exposure (ex: 10,0000 followers on IG)
  • Get 5 big names to endorse the product
  • Get into 5 retail stores with consistent re-orders
Learn to Speak Spanish Fluently
Process:
  • Spend 1-2 hours everyday practicing the language
  • Speak the language with close friends daily that are fluent

Knowing you, you'll get there.
Keep pushing!

Dami-B

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
251%
Jan 25, 2015
Lagos, Nigeria
Goals by February 2019,

1. To Multiply. become national replicating my food delivery system in at least 4 different states. I'm tired of local champion
  2. Own 10 hectares of land in the north for farm production. Gain some control over source.
  3. I would dare to say own a logistics company to gain control over distribution, but that would be just wishing.

Greg R

Act, Assess, Adjust
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
465%
Oct 28, 2015
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
Everyone who attended the 2018 Summit, wanted to go, and is looking to go next year, I challenge you...

By the 2019 Summit, you will...

WHAT?

Challenge yourself to 1 numerical goal...

• I will have my first sale.
  • I will have my first $10K/profit month.
  • I will have created my first profit with my first self-invented product.
  • I will have revenue of $X dollars.
  • I will have imported 10 different products to review.
  • I will have franchised my first location.
  • I will have invented ONE product from scratch
  • I will have lost 100 lbs...
  • I will have done X, Y, or Z...
  • I will have learned X, Y, or Z...
  • I will have 10 bonafide failures (occurrences baby!)
This exercise is FOR EVERYONE and ANYONE... not just those who attended the Summit.

What will you look back on and say, "Wow, things certainly changed!"

And will you be in a position to speak about the great year you just accomplished?

Don't let the momentum wane... I'm here pretty much everyday, sometimes for just a few minutes, but sometimes hours.

Put your GOAL in a numerical, measurable form!

So by next year in early February 2019, what will you be saying?

1. Finish prototyping= solve problem
  2. Scientifically prove that we've solved problem with biochemical testing
  3. Take product to production
  4. Receive at least one high profile athletic endorsement
  5. Receive at least one sports team endorsement college level or higher
  6. Gold thread

Hyrum

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
359%
Jul 5, 2016
Nebraska
By Summit 2019, I will:

1. Have filed for 1 patent
2. Have 1 thread marked "Notable" or "Gold"
3. Reach $100k in sales in a single calendar month

Process
Goal 1 is pretty simple - just go out and do it. I have the application half-filled out already, I just need to meet with an expert to ensure I have all the necessary parts included in the patent before filing.
For Goal 2 I need to be more consistent in keeping my progress thread current. If I reach Goal 3, I think Goal 2 will happen as a byproduct.
For Goal 3, I need to do a better job executing. I could probably hit $30k a month by just fixing a few little mistakes and doing what I was doing last year, but what's the point in making a goal that's easy? To get to $100k in monthly sales, I need to get better at making decisions and then following through with them.

Wolfman

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Nov 12, 2017
Pittsfield, MA
Everyone who attended the 2018 Summit, wanted to go, and is looking to go next year, I challenge you...

WHAT?

This exercise is FOR EVERYONE and ANYONE... not just those who attended the Summit.

And will you be in a position to speak about the great year you just accomplished?

Don't let the momentum wane... I'm here pretty much everyday, sometimes for just a few minutes, but sometimes hours.

Hiya MJ, I just barely missed the Summit (I heard good things re it.) I plan on attending 2019 w/ a sale under my belt. This represents a big goal b/c I don't have a clue how to accomplish it yet. I have enjoyed this forum and have even made a few live contacts. I gave my son a copy of "Unscripted ". I couldn't agree w/ you more that getting an expensive useless/redundant degree and assuming lots of debt is not a good way to start professional life. He definitely understands and agrees. Good job on pulling off a great Summit. Were you at the PGA in N. Scottsdale? That will be your 2028 "summit". Thanks for all, Greg

Wolfman

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Nov 12, 2017
Pittsfield, MA
My goal include finding and obtaining 5 more contracts in Turkey, Brazil, Mexico, India and Nigeria. Ironically these are the up and coming most industrialised nations that are on the upswing despite their questionable governments....

Also, my goal is to increase awareness ten fold, for quality and safety in industrial developments as well as manufacturing worldwide as many unwanted deaths and injuries occurs for no reason....
Hi Arun, I'm taking on a goal of increasing awareness of global warming and encouraging people to make a small personal difference. I want to intertwine this focus with my business to also bring awareness to my business (marketing.) The other countries I'm interested in are Egypt, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Mexico and others w/ desert climates. Greg

Lord Business

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Feb 24, 2018
finland
1. Get to the summit to States
2. Businesses creating enough income for me to be financially independent (10k/month for me personally)
3. Still enjoying the process

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
Hi Arun, I'm taking on a goal of increasing awareness of global warming and encouraging people to make a small personal difference. I want to intertwine this focus with my business to also bring awareness to my business (marketing.) The other countries I'm interested in are Egypt, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Mexico and others w/ desert climates. Greg

Nice i would love to hear more about this Greg.

JoelM

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Feb 21, 2018
Maryland, MD

WHAT?

• Scale to 10 assets.
  • I will have made over $300k
  • Have the assets capable of making $500k in half a year.
  • Lose 10 pounds
  • Create the website for the future scale

akotu

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
Aug 7, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
By February 2019:

$150k/mo in sales
Add 2 new product lines
Increase offline sales outreach
Enter FBA Canada
Hire full-time sales position

Start to remove myself from day to day operations
Develop processes for streamlined forecasting/purchasing
Document key processes
Cross train current employees and grant more autonomy

Successfully move family and business to AZ
Identify and lease warehouse space
Develop plan for fulfillment during transition

Intensity

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
48%
Nov 23, 2012
Australia
By February 27, 2019, I will have helped 300 business owners to protect their investments, building a portfolio worth $666,000.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Claude Roy

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
344%
Apr 11, 2017
St. Petersburg, FL
By the next summit I will have:

- Completed my first Half Ironman. (I already registered for it, October 13 in NC)
- Have a 5k/month revenue on my online business.
- I will be totally in a good optimistic state of mind 95% of the time.
- I will have raised 5 000$ for Mercy For Animals.
- I will greatly improve my skills with women.
- I will help mentor at least 20 people that are interested in the vegan diet.

These are big goals for me and I'm proud to share them with you. Let's keep working and maintaining our vision of our goals. I'm so stoked that I will be attending the summit next year and meet all of you like minded people!!

Have a beautiful day you guys!

Last edited:

Philip Marlowe

Every Day On, No Days Off
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Apr 28, 2017
NE
Bumping this thread to check-in on everyone.

I wish I had something concrete to report but I'm just....grinding. It's funny - when you're in the trenches there's not much to say. Business is running, body weight is dropping - everything fell into place after the summit.

Losing weight and being healthy would change everything for me, so I made it my only goal. And having one thing to chop away at every day means there are no excuses.

@Raoul Duke - how's the health journey?
@amp0193 - you showed me your newest product at the summit - what's the latest?
@PTP - I think you were about to hire your first employee - did it happen?
@Chitown - You mentioned some serious health stuff - making progress?
@AllenCrawley - Any new products you're excited about?

Hope you guys are well and getting after it.

-PM

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
444%
May 27, 2013
United States
@amp0193 - you showed me your newest product at the summit - what's the latest?

Just got new shipment in Tuesday. Putting out fires and getting them shipped out. Trying to keep up with demand. Trying to get manufacturing more consistent. Trying to scale. Adding dealers this month. Busy.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
@AllenCrawley - Any new products you're excited about?
Yes, sir! I need to update my progress thread but yes, there are a few new products that will be released during this month. I feel we need to change things up this year to facilitate growth. I'll update my progress thread soon.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.