The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Best internet marketing education in the UK?

Marketing, social media, advertising

Eos

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Mar 5, 2011
England
Hey guys,

I am wondering if any of you guys from the UK know of any internet marketing educational courses here in the UK?

Many thanks,
Alex

Seeing as the internet doesn't have geographical limits I think it's a good idea to follow the US guys and US sites.

It also depends on what you're looking to market.

Anyway, https://www.udemy.com/ has lot's of affordable courses to get started.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
@eliquid has a big thread on the inside.

I have a lot of posts in my signature.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
posting here in case he needs direction to my post on the inside ( see sig )

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Since this post is already started what would be the best course or resource for landing page design and content? I have been using some posts off of Neil Patals page but haven't seen a full course that looks decent. I have designed a few but want to step it up.

5holiday

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jun 7, 2012
Hey guys,

I am wondering if any of you guys from the UK know of any internet marketing educational courses here in the UK?

Many thanks,
Alex

Can only comment on the ones I've done, but basically CIM was a waste of time. While billed as a 'practical course' it wasn't at all different from what you would expect to learn at university. It does, somehow, have cred in the marketing industry as a 'first base'.

HubSpot's inbound cert was ok. More of a strategy course (and indoctrination) on inbound marketing.

Neither of these will teach you the day to day skills needed like content, ads, social, etc..

I'm looking at Podium at the moment to start in social. Going to make an account and try their ideas + read up on threads from reddit and here.

Happy to share notes somewhere if you're into learning social media?

Eos

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Mar 5, 2011
England
Can only comment on the ones I've done, but basically CIM was a waste of time. While billed as a 'practical course' it wasn't at all different from what you would expect to learn at university. It does, somehow, have cred in the marketing industry as a 'first base'.

HubSpot's inbound cert was ok. More of a strategy course (and indoctrination) on inbound marketing.

Neither of these will teach you the day to day skills needed like content, ads, social, etc..

I'm looking at Podium at the moment to start in social. Going to make an account and try their ideas + read up on threads from reddit and here.

Happy to share notes somewhere if you're into learning social media?

What's this podium you speak of?

I'm into social.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

5holiday

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jun 7, 2012
What's this podium you speak of?

I'm into social.

https://education.hootsuite.com/ they have an education program called Podium.

So far I've found it more useful to read what social media gurus like @Garyvee say, and compare it to what the top ones do. Somewhere in the middle seems to be the truth on running a great channel. I'm trying a few strategies from this on my own profile and for friend's businesses.

Have you had much success so far?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Since this post is already started what would be the best course or resource for landing page design and content? I have been using some posts off of Neil Patals page but haven't seen a full course that looks decent. I have designed a few but want to step it up.
There was a good drip fed email series on unbounce that I went through a few years ago. Don't know if it's still there. Otherwise, simplify. "Don't make me think" was a good read.

Concept

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
174%
Dec 12, 2014
http://www.buildersociety.com/forums/digital-strategy-crash-course.25/

Great start there!

http://diggitymarketing.com/ has awesome content

http://backlinko.com/ has also been recently recommended to me by my business partner (who earns 20K+ a month from IM) however, I haven't done their stuff.

A good recommendation is to see if you can find out how much the "teacher" is earning from their own sites, that aren't related to the course.

If their sole income is the course they are teaching then run away.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.