The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Are IQ (Smarts) and Success Correlated?

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
314%
Aug 8, 2021
If you're dumb, hire smart people to compensate.

If you're smart, hire dumb people to get more stuff done.

If you think that a pound of iron weighs more than a pound of feathers, hire someone who knows how to use a scale.
good luck even finding a scale to weight 55000 feathers instead of using basic logic LOL, sounds like a waste of precious time to me, therefore not very smart

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
314%
Aug 8, 2021
All the A1 students I know from university have NOT done well.

I see the same thing in them all - they must have the identify of “winning” right from the start, so they can’t try anything new where they might fail.

One guy was amazing on any test, like a walking dictionary. He could tell you all the different historical periods and could go into detail with all kinds of advanced theories and concepts.

But he couldn’t make it work with any real opportunity he got - couldn’t mentally hack not being #1 in a new environment. The second he started failing, he would check out instead of accepting the suck.

To me if you are self-made wealthy you are intelligent. Maybe you don’t use fancy words, or maybe you can’t pass some general knowledge quiz. But you are smart.

You have succeed where 99% fail and you have the right combination of work ethic, drive, focus, and stickability.

Of course there are other forms of intelligence too. But it’s hard to say that someone who learned to become financially successful isn’t smart when 99% of “smart” people are two paychecks away from being broke.

I’d rather be the simple dude with some money in the bank than some intellectual type who relies on daddy government or their credit card to get by.
well no kidding, school is the opposite of life at least speaking from an entrepreneur / business perspective:

School teaches:
1) Failing is bad and final. To entrepreneurs failing is a stepping stone and imperative to learn.
2) Don't collaborate with others (other than the occasional group project which is just a sham). In business networking and collaborating is a superpower.
3) There is only one correct answer. In reality there are many ways to innovate and find answers.
4) How to be an employee - attaches time to money, says money is scarce and time should be spent in exchange for money. In reality time is scarce, and money is abundant and fungible/recoverable if lost.

monnffffiiiiiii

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
249%
Oct 16, 2022
There

This is erroneous. Leonel Messi isn't tall.
I know there's a millionaire in my country who isn't handsome.

I know someone made claims similar to these at university and almost failed to finish his course due to retakes.

Intelligence is explained using theories. Nobody really understands it. Even the concept of understanding is not understood.

I have examples of people who have greatly upped their cognitive abilities through practice and effort and those who have taken the opposite direction.

Nobody was can be really high there in intelligence just because he was born that way.

The human brain is a complex muscle. The mind is similarly complex.

These mental capacities are developed. Nobody is born with a developed mind. Everyone up there learns and has grit and self control to keep going day in day out.

They weren't born with those IQs. They acquired them. And they acquired many other valuable things too, to keep them and their businesses affloat. And they hired smart people who could grind it through to keep their businesses running and growing.

Yes, and you can increase your intelligence by envisioning yourself becoming intelligent and repeating each day in front of your mirror: "I am smart, I am smart, I am smart".

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
629%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
No, God makes sure you're poor by getting you to be born into poverty. Grow up in an Indian slum with the I.Q. of Einstein and you could still end up sweeping streets for a living. That same IQ in Europe or the United States will get you very different things. Nothing to do with capitalism my friend.
only an idiot would go be born in an indian slum instead of america to a middle class family.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

only an idiot would go be born in an indian slum instead of america to a middle class family.
only an idiot would be born in a middle class family instead of to a Russian oligarch or connected to someone in Jeffrey Epstein's closest friend circle, or as the child of the Sultan of Brunei, duh

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
629%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
only an idiot would be born in a middle class family instead of to a Russian oligarch or connected to someone in Jeffrey Epstein's closest friend circle, or as the child of the Sultan of Brunei, duh
That's why I kick myself for being a F*cking moron sometimes. My kids will be smarter and be born to the right family though.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
All the A1 students I know from university have NOT done well.

I see the same thing in them all - they must have the identify of “winning” right from the start, so they can’t try anything new where they might fail.

One guy was amazing on any test, like a walking dictionary. He could tell you all the different historical periods and could go into detail with all kinds of advanced theories and concepts.

But he couldn’t make it work with any real opportunity he got - couldn’t mentally hack not being #1 in a new environment. The second he started failing, he would check out instead of accepting the suck.

To me if you are self-made wealthy you are intelligent. Maybe you don’t use fancy words, or maybe you can’t pass some general knowledge quiz. But you are smart.

You have succeed where 99% fail and you have the right combination of work ethic, drive, focus, and stickability.

Of course there are other forms of intelligence too. But it’s hard to say that someone who learned to become financially successful isn’t smart when 99% of “smart” people are two paychecks away from being broke.

I’d rather be the simple dude with some money in the bank than some intellectual type who relies on daddy government or their credit card to get by.

I heard this quote by William Penn years ago that sums up what you said perfectly:

"He that has more knowledge than judgment is made for another man's use more than his own."

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda
Yes, and you can increase your intelligence by envisioning yourself becoming intelligent and repeating each day in front of your mirror: "I am smart, I am smart, I am smart".
That's a bed of roses then. Hope they don't have thorns.

That's the easiest escape root for a fool then. None of those people and these here, I reckon is one.

jamesgatz

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Feb 22, 2023
St. Moritz, Switzerland
To have high net worth:
1. Be born rich
2. Marry rich
3. Make your own

The last one is where you are linking IQ to net worth. I'll only comment on that.

I don't know much about IQ tests and don't know if it's ever possible to truly grasp a person's intelligence with any kind of precision. Maybe one day with the AI tools...

The fastest way from zero to wealth is business ownership. Being stupid means you won't succeed. Being a genius may mean you'll think through too many "why it doesn't work" and still fail.

My business is real estate development. Unlike tech companies, we cannot jump to a MVP and launch. That would be like jumping from airplane with an MVP parachute! I cannot build a high-rise building, ask buyers to try it, demolish and then try again based on their user experience and comments.

What worked best for our business?

Tinkering during the planning stage. Most people are horrible at getting their business right the first time. But most people are great at tweaking inputs to get the right result. You don't need to have a super high IQ to do that. I have no idea what my IQ is, nor do I give a shit. I'd rather spend the time tinkering with my ideas for the next real estate project. Visit competition, ask more questions, talk to the community, politicians, construction crews, local stores or just be there, walk the streets and get a feel for it. I can then play with my "lego blocks" to see how a vision can become a reality.

Again, no need for any super high IQ, just willingness to tinker until you get the right result.

If I can do it with real estate... and most people here are internet business focused (technology), you can and must iterate cheaply until you get your desired result. What does your IQ have to do with it? Well, someone with a better brain may tinker faster and get there faster, but its not a guarantee.

For anyone capable of reading MJ books, then joining and posting here... you've got it. Your IQ is not slowing you down (no way!), but your method, your process may. Focus on that. Ignore the rest.

All the best. :)
In my opinion IQ tests are one big scam. How can we tell how smart someone is based on how good he is at finding shapes in other shapes?

There are a lot of different kind of IQ's. One that doesn't get enough credits is per example the verbal IQ. Now look at all those people with really high IQ's being introverted asf. This means their verbal IQ is shit so how is their IQ "average" so high? Well because the IQ tests don't test enough different skills of ones brain. If you read of a person with a high IQ it means most of the time he is quite smart in a specific field. This still doesn't mean he is generally genius in all aspects of our huge and complex brain. I think if you balance out all the specific skills we humans have which are different from person to person it will balance out each other and at the end of the day we just have different fields we are good in. Some people just had the luck to be good in the ones which get tested so F*ck IQ tests they don't say shit.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
In my opinion IQ tests are one big scam. How can we tell how smart someone is based on how good he is at finding shapes in other shapes?
It’s about pattern recognition. Intelligent people are able to SEE relationships between different elements. Relationships aren’t seen with your physical eyes, they are perceived by your intellect.

verbal IQ. Now look at all those people with really high IQ's being introverted asf. This means their verbal IQ is shit so how is their IQ "average" so high?
This is wrong. Their “verbal” IQ isn’t shit at all, and most highly intelligent people are very adept at using words to create and manipulate complex concepts involving subtle distinctions that inferior intellects won’t even notice. Open up Kant’s Critique of Pure Reason and you’ll see. I would estimate Kant’s IQ at around 180.

Highly intelligent people often have trouble relating with average people because they’re different. I might add that it’s equally true the other way around… people of average intelligence have a hard time relating to geniuses. And the truth is that it’s actually people of average intelligence who usually suck at “verbal” IQ - they aren’t able to understand or manipulate complex concepts. And I know perfectly well that that’s not what you mean by “verbal IQ” — you probably mean get along with others. I consider your definition wrong, because it doesn’t require verbal acuity to get along, it simply requires a desire to fit in and tune in to other people’s needs. A genius has little interest in that usually.

Think about it, what does the genius have in common with you? His mind is busy trying to understand the patterns of existence and how things work on a deep level, while your mind is oogling at a semi-naked chick on TikTok or thinking about how to make a bit more money. Someone like Kant would consider ALL your pursuits to be a waste of time and extremely boring.

If you read of a person with a high IQ it means most of the time he is quite smart in a specific field.
This is also not true. Look at Stephen Hawking. He isn’t a genius, he’s at the borderline between genius and highly intelligent. He excelled in one particular field.

But if you look at his philosophical writings about the nature of science, God, the beginning of the Universe - his discourse and conceptual understanding is extremely impoverished. For example, he isn’t able to make the distinction between God always existing and the Universe always existing — he thinks the two are conceptually equivalent statements. A skilled philosopher would dismantle him.

A genius, by comparison, would not make such omissions. A genius excels in all fields that he or she applies himself to. If a genius doesn’t excel at something, it simply means they haven’t applied their mind to it.

Leonardo Da Vinci could paint, write, create complex engineering, build complex machinery, invent new taxonomies, run a business, etc etc.

Goethe was a poet, statesman, playwright, scientist, inventor, author, novelist, theater director, and diplomat. Most people struggle to excel at a SINGLE ONE OF THESE. Think about that. Goethe excelled at ALL OF THEM and was easily within top 1% in all these fields.

I am not a genius, but I have met people with genius level IQs (180+). They are VERY different. The main difference between 160 IQ and 180+ is that the 160 IQ can understand and follow along with what the 180+ IQ does, but it’s hard work for them and takes a lot more time. In addition they have a much harder time creating new concepts themselves than the 180+ IQ.

Last edited:

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
314%
Aug 8, 2021
I am not a genius, but I have met people with genius level IQs (180+). They are VERY different.
How are they different? what are the main things? do you think Nicholas Tesla was of 180+ IQ? OR did he just excel in electricity stuff? And would you say Elon Musk is a suitable successor? I mean god damn we're in a thread where iQ = smarts = success then musk must have an iq of 300

Jemin

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 3, 2022
IQ is strongly correlated to success, and it's one of the most consistent findings in statistical psychology.

However in today's world, where you have an abundance of technology, infrastructure, and free access to unlimited knowledge, you don't have to be a genius to become a millionaire. Anyone of average intelligence and decent work ethic can reach this milestone.

If you have high IQ, it means that your car has a powerful engine.
You can take that car and win the race, or you can use it to wrap the nearest tree and die.

So the power of the engine matters, but how you drive it will determine the outcome of your life.
Wisdom beats the hell out of intelligence.
That is true, can i ask for a suggestion, how to get wisdom

jamesgatz

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Feb 22, 2023
St. Moritz, Switzerland
It’s about pattern recognition. Intelligent people are able to SEE relationships between different elements. Relationships aren’t seen with your physical eyes, they are perceived by your intellect.

This is wrong. Their “verbal” IQ isn’t shit at all, and most highly intelligent people are very adept at using words to create and manipulate complex concepts involving subtle distinctions that inferior intellects won’t even notice. Open up Kant’s Critique of Pure Reason and you’ll see. I would estimate Kant’s IQ at around 180.

Highly intelligent people often have trouble relating with average people because they’re different. I might add that it’s equally true the other way around… people of average intelligence have a hard time relating to geniuses. And the truth is that it’s actually people of average intelligence who usually suck at “verbal” IQ - they aren’t able to understand or manipulate complex concepts. And I know perfectly well that that’s not what you mean by “verbal IQ” — you probably mean get along with others. I consider your definition wrong, because it doesn’t require verbal acuity to get along, it simply requires a desire to fit in and tune in to other people’s needs. A genius has little interest in that usually.

Think about it, what does the genius have in common with you? His mind is busy trying to understand the patterns of existence and how things work on a deep level, while your mind is oogling at a semi-naked chick on TikTok or thinking about how to make a bit more money. Someone like Kant would consider ALL your pursuits to be a waste of time and extremely boring.

This is also not true. Look at Stephen Hawking. He isn’t a genius, he’s at the borderline between genius and highly intelligent. He excelled in one particular field.

But if you look at his philosophical writings about the nature of science, God, the beginning of the Universe - his discourse and conceptual understanding is extremely impoverished. For example, he isn’t able to make the distinction between God always existing and the Universe always existing — he thinks the two are conceptually equivalent statements. A skilled philosopher would dismantle him.

A genius, by comparison, would not make such omissions. A genius excels in all fields that he or she applies himself to. If a genius doesn’t excel at something, it simply means they haven’t applied their mind to it.

Leonardo Da Vinci could paint, write, create complex engineering, build complex machinery, invent new taxonomies, run a business, etc etc.

Goethe was a poet, statesman, playwright, scientist, inventor, author, novelist, theater director, and diplomat. Most people struggle to excel at a SINGLE ONE OF THESE. Think about that. Goethe excelled at ALL OF THEM and was easily within top 1% in all these fields.

I am not a genius, but I have met people with genius level IQs (180+). They are VERY different. The main difference between 160 IQ and 180+ is that the 160 IQ can understand and follow along with what the 180+ IQ does, but it’s hard work for them and takes a lot more time. In addition they have a much harder time creating new concepts themselves than the 180+ IQ.
I do agree with you in some points. There are truly outstanding humans being, but there aren't just in things we call "intelligent stuff" as society. Per example Donald Glover is brilliant in a lot different fields, we still wouldn't consider him a genius. We consider him a great artist, showman whatever but why not genius? Also yes people we consider "genius" often don't get along with other people because they can't relate to them. But how do we know that this doesn't just mean their brain is so focused and evolved in certain fields that they aren't evolved enough in other fields? Also it is a really bold assumption that a person with a "IQ of 180" (how would we know a estimated score which isn't a fact of a person that lived 500 years ago) would excell in every field it puts it's mind to. A lot of fields are really specific and if Einstein put it's mind to music and trying to guess the notes just by listening to sounds he still wouldn't be better at it than Charlie Puth because Charlie Puth may not be great in maths but he is excellent with sounds and his brain is specially evolved in this part. If society would have gone in another direction which required different skillsets maybe the cashier from around the corner would have been considered a genius but the specially evolved potentials of her brain just aren't needed in the todays world so they couldn't evolve. We shall never forget that IQ is an estimate and not a fact. And per example a verbal IQ is not just getting along with humans it's way more. It's the skill of reading humans and seeing a conversation more like a game than a conversation since it's easy for one to engineer a conversation exactly one wants it to go and make a person feel exactly like one wants her to feel. It is way more than only getting along with humans it's about being a genius in one of the most important things we do.

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
314%
Aug 8, 2021
go volunteer as a candystriper in a pediatric oncology ward or an old folks home, and talk to successful older people. Wisdom comes from experiences, usually the ones that suck, but as john travolta (i think) famously said: "Learn from the mistakes of others. You can’t live long enough to make them all yourself." So go talk to wise successful older people and ask them for lessons. Why do you think mentors are so valuable? Also books, books are basically a lifetime of a persons best wisdoms condensed down to 200 pages.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Per example Donald Glover is brilliant in a lot different fields, we still wouldn't consider him a genius.

Why not?

Talk to old people.
Make lots of mistakes and learn from them.
Read the works of ancient men.
Pray.
Journal.
Take time to reflect.
Teach. In teaching you will be called out for poor thinking, thus having an opportunity to correct your thinking.
Surround yourself with wise people.

Shono

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
314%
Aug 8, 2021
IA lot of fields are really specific and if Einstein put it's mind to music and trying to guess the notes just by listening to sounds he still wouldn't be better at it than Charlie Puth because Charlie Puth may not be great in maths but he is excellent with sounds and his brain is specially evolved in this part.
those are many faulty assumptions here, especially if you are conflating Puth with having an evolved brain as a method to denigrate the brain of einstein. einsteins brain was literally evolved structurally speaking, his brain had more glial cells, and therefore more connections than the average brain. His brain was also about 80% smaller than the average adult male brain, which with the combination of extra glial cells and the subsequent nature of the Flynn effect made his brains processing power even more pronounced, and therefore more effective in any mental undertaking he may has focused on as a fact. Amigo please don't make baseless assumptions, this is the big brain IQ thread you're talking in.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
How are they different? what are the main things? do you think Nicholas Tesla was of 180+ IQ? OR did he just excel in electricity stuff? And would you say Elon Musk is a suitable successor? I mean god damn we're in a thread where iQ = smarts = success then musk must have an iq of 300
I can virtually guarantee that Musk does not have an iq exceeding 155. His IQ is most likely in the 140-145 range. He is very intelligent, but not a genius.

Tesla most likely may have been a genius, I’d put him at 160-175 IQ. He had a very vivid imagination, and could build things in his mind with great precision, + a photographic memory. He definitely showed traces of genius based on reading his biography.

The difference between genius and highly intelligent is mainly in the speed with which one does things AND their creative abilities to create new concepts in the process of solving complex problems. Both can understand the same things, it just takes the highly intelligent one a lot more work than the genius.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
553%
Apr 17, 2022
Ideally you would want to learn from other people's mistakes. This way you learn the lesson without getting burned and/or wasting your own time.

If this is not an option, the second best way is systematic self-refection.
Every day in the evening, as yourself the following questions:
  • What good things have I done today?
  • What bad things have I done today? And what are the things that I should stop doing because I am destroying my life?
You will instantly be presented with a list of 100 items that you can do or can stop doing, in order to improve your life.

Some of these improvements will be pretty basic (e.g. cleaning your room, fixing a lightbulb etc.) while others will require more planning and work (e.g. pass exam at school, learn a new skill etc.).

If you start doing what you consciousness demands you to do, your life will improve and you will become wiser.

9 / 10 times your gut instinct will be right. You already know the answer to a lot of your problems. Do what you know you want to do, and see how your life changes.

Knowledge vs Wisdom example:

Everybody knows that smoking is bad. Every pack of cigarettes has "CANCER" and "DEATH" written on it. You don't have to be a PhD in molecular biology to understand that it's a bad idea to smoke.

Both smokers and non-smokers alike are fully aware of the dangers and risks of smoking. But some choose to do it, while others avoid it.

This is called wisdom.

It's not the knowledge that you have. It's how you choose to behave in the world based on your knowledge.

jamesgatz

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Feb 22, 2023
St. Moritz, Switzerland
I can virtually guarantee that Musk does not have an iq exceeding 155. His IQ is most likely in the 140-145 range. He is very intelligent, but not a genius.

Tesla most likely may have been a genius, I’d put him at 160-175 IQ. He had a very vivid imagination, and could build things in his mind with great precision, + a photographic memory. He definitely showed traces of genius based on reading his biography.

The difference between genius and highly intelligent is mainly in the speed with which one does things AND their creative abilities to create new concepts in the process of solving complex problems. Both can understand the same things, it just takes the highly intelligent one a lot more work than the genius.
and in my opinion Musk is more of a businessman than a engineer

jamesgatz

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Feb 22, 2023
St. Moritz, Switzerland
those are many faulty assumptions here, especially if you are conflating Puth with having an evolved brain as a method to denigrate the brain of einstein. einsteins brain was literally evolved structurally speaking, his brain had more glial cells, and therefore more connections than the average brain. His brain was also about 80% smaller than the average adult male brain, which with the combination of extra glial cells and the subsequent nature of the Flynn effect made his brains processing power even more pronounced, and therefore more effective in any mental undertaking he may has focused on as a fact. Amigo please don't make baseless assumptions, this is the big brain IQ thread you're talking in.
I of course do not want to denigrate the brains of people such as einstein, da vincit... They are truly pioneers. I just said that per example einstein still wouldn't succeed as much in puth's field, since the comment I reacted to said that people with very high IQ's (180+) would succeed more than any other person in every field they put their mind to. I just think this is wrong since things like Puth does need a really specific talent in the brain. The original post was about people with higher IQ's where we are talking about IQ's of maybe 130-145. This is what my first comment was based on. I don't take away credit from brilliant people like Einstein and other people with IQ's of 180+. But still I don't think they could exceed in EVERYTHING. But when we get to IQ's slightly above average or about 30 points above average I think it is a different story. Still you are right my comments are assumptions and I am not an expert in this field, so don't see my comments as facts but more as personal opinions. The brain is such a fascinating thing it simply amazes me how brilliant and evolved this little thing is. Such a complex piece we where gifted with and a lot of people still choose to treat it so poorly.

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
I of course do not want to denigrate the brains of people such as einstein, da vincit... They are truly pioneers. I just said that per example einstein still wouldn't succeed as much in puth's field, since the comment I reacted to said that people with very high IQ's (180+) would succeed more than any other person in every field they put their mind to. I just think this is wrong since things like Puth does need a really specific talent in the brain. The original post was about people with higher IQ's where we are talking about IQ's of maybe 130-145. This is what my first comment was based on. I don't take away credit from brilliant people like Einstein and other people with IQ's of 180+. But still I don't think they could exceed in EVERYTHING. But when we get to IQ's slightly above average or about 30 points above average I think it is a different story. Still you are right my comments are assumptions and I am not an expert in this field, so don't see my comments as facts but more as personal opinions. The brain is such a fascinating thing it simply amazes me how brilliant and evolved this little thing is. Such a complex piece we where gifted with and a lot of people still choose to treat it so poorly.

Not that any of this actually matters, but I love how @Black_Dragon43 is so confident with what he is saying that people just assume he's right. He's up here rating people based on his own opinion and creating his own IQ scale while he's at it.

If 180 is the standard for genius there might have been maybe a few dozen genius people in history. Most of whom you've never heard of. We're talking the entirety of human history. 180 is exceedingly rare.

If 160 is merely highly intelligent, then Einstein was merely highly intelligent. And that's the guy whose name is synonymous with genius.

The standard definition is a score over 140 is genius level, 120 is highly intelligent. 90 to 110 is normal.

It doesn't take an Einstein to do a Google search...

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Not that any of this actually matters, but I love how @Black_Dragon43 is so confident with what he is saying that people just assume he's right. He's up here rating people based on his own opinion and creating his own IQ scale while he's at it.

If 180 is the standard for genius there might have been maybe a few dozen genius people in history. Most of whom you've never heard of. We're talking the entirety of human history. 180 is exceedingly rare.

If 160 is merely highly intelligent, then Einstein was merely highly intelligent. And that's the guy whose name is synonymous with genius.

The standard definition is a score over 140 is genius level, 120 is highly intelligent. 90 to 110 is normal.

Step 1: Make up random numbers and assign them to historical figures
Step 2: Paste their photos with your made up numbers on a blog
Step 3: ???
Step 4: Profit

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Step 1: Make up random numbers and assign them to historical figures
Step 2: Paste their photos with your made up numbers on a blog
Step 3: ???
Step 4: Profit

Can someone with a 160 IQ please tell us step three? I need a roadmap!

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
553%
Apr 17, 2022
As far as I understand it, IQ is not an absolute unit of measurement (such as 1 kg, 1 pound, 1 inch), but rather the relative intelligence of an individual compared to the rest of the population.

IQ tests need to be made harder/easier if the new generation of people becomes smarter or more retarded, so that the average is always 100.

For this reason, it's impossible to compare the IQ of a person that lived 200 years ago with someone that lives today, because they are not taking the same test.

If you have an IQ of just 100, you are literarily smarter than 50% of the people.
  • 100: average
  • 115: smart
  • 130: very smart
  • 145: genius
  • 160: mad scientist
  • 175: alien
100-130 is all the horsepower you will need for reaching your business goals. The rest of the equation is hard work, determination, and wisdom.

And I'm sure that the average IQ of the fastlane forum is at least 1 standard deviation (115) above the general population (100).

(As opposed to Reddit.)

G

Guest-5ty5s4

As far as I understand it, IQ is not an absolute unit of measurement (such as 1 kg, 1 pound, 1 inch), but rather the relative intelligence of an individual compared to the rest of the population.

IQ tests need to be made harder/easier if the new generation of people becomes smarter or more retarded, so that the average is always 100.

For this reason, it's impossible to compare the IQ of a person that lived 200 years ago with someone that lives today, because they are not taking the same test.

If you have an IQ of just 100, you are literarily smarter than 50% of the people.
  • 100: average
  • 115: smart
  • 130: very smart
  • 145: genius
  • 160: mad scientist
  • 175: alien
100-130 is all the horsepower you will need for reaching your business goals. The rest of the equation is hard work, determination, and wisdom.

And I'm sure that the average IQ of the fastlane forum is at least 1 standard deviation (115) above the general population (100).

(As opposed to Reddit.)
If that's the case, the only way to judge the IQ of someone that lived 200 years ago is to base their IQ on their relative intelligence among their peers. So Tesla's IQ would be scored relative to others alive while he was alive, not scored on today's population nor tests. It would be even higher!

jamesgatz

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
21%
Feb 22, 2023
St. Moritz, Switzerland

it also doesn‘t take a genius to find out that one in every 250 persons has a iq of 140 which isn‘t as rare as we where talking about. we where talking about humans so genius they exceed in everything they put their mind to, so maybe you just missed the point.

Alessandros

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
94%
Oct 3, 2021
Germany
I've done IQ-tests and I have 3 very (!) different results. So how could this be? And what is the IQ of a person then? Is it a valid concept at all?

I disagree with this thread, successful people are not necessarily IQ-smart. And the people on the Forbes-list are probably not in the majority of cases members in Mensa or so.

One famous example are people like Forrest Gump (I'm sure you know this movie).

BizyDad

FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
I’d put you @BizyDad at around 125-140.

Incorrect.

he’d most likely be around 170 ... AT MOST his IQ is 160. There’s a big difference there.

I would say you are close, but if this is a big difference to you, then by your standard you are way off on me.

he comes here to tell us how if 180 was the standard for genius, then that would be exceedingly rare.

That’s not true. There have been many thousands in human history with such IQ levels

"Many thousands" would qualify as "exceedingly rare". You're talking about a fraction of 1% of 1% of all the people ever on earth.

Thank you for proving my point with numbers.

I said in a prior post that 160+ is the zone of genius, which is true. Someone with 160 IQ is borderline genius. Proper geniuses - renaissance men — will display IQs of 180+.

Allow me a quibble: IQ tests vary in range and they no longer use the term genius. Please, continue regaling us with your brilliant mastery of all things IQ.

YOU @BizyDad would think he’s a RETARD or otherwise MAD

I don't care how smart or observant you think you are, you can't read my mind. Can you? :clench:

Side note, you could see how I interact on the forum with people who display signs of "madness" and not make this incorrect assumption.

Screenshot_20230225-171238.png

You know how megalomaniacs think. You know how geniuses think. You know how I think.

You are so certain of your ability.

It's like you DO have a superpower.

:bolt: Professor X of the forum. :bolt:

I'm so lucky to even be engaged in conversation with you. You clearly already know what I have to say, what am I even doing here?

but I love how @Black_Dragon43 is so confident with what he is saying

Thanks for proving my point there. Still loving the confidence.

the genius is hard to distinguish from the fool.

You're proving this point pretty well too.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
Mar 15, 2018
I am secretly enjoying reading this thread, a bit too much if I’m being honest.

:)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.