The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

AndyTalks with nzott about Quitting His Job & Figuring It Out

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
AndyTalks with nzott about Quitting His Job & Figuring It Out

Myself and @nzott jumped on our very first call to have a look at his AdWords account. However, we chatted for an hour beforehand to get his backstory, which I found fascinating.

Again, this is just an unedited recording of our call, so treat it as you listening on two people chatting about their business journeys.

Neal worked in a great job in banking before he realised a j.o.b. wasn't for him. He ended up quitting, without any savings, and hustling to make ends meet while he went for it with a fledgling cleaning business.

You'll also hear me discuss why I've done so many of these AdWords consulting calls. Maybe he'll become a client one day or, more likely, he'll be one more person out there who can refer me to other people struggling with AdWords. I don't mind. I learn as much from each call as the person I speak to.

For once, I do less of the talking. ;)

... because Neal is a young man with a very wise head on his shoulders.

> Click here to access the recording <

What were your takeaways?

What will you do differently going forward?

(The AdWords screenshare was added HERE.)

(For other recordings click HERE.)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

JLawrence

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
553%
May 9, 2016
Thanks Andy, really enjoyed speaking with you. Huge help for me going forward. Time flew by, and I think we could have gone for a few more hours. Hope this encourages others to trust in themselves and believe they too can take a leap of faith.

Last edited:

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Damn, but this is a great call. I've listened back and picked up lots of new things myself.

Neal only quit his job in July of this year guys.

His learnings before he quit and after he quit are well worth listening to. They're nothing you haven't read a thousand times in the forum already, but it's great to hear it straight from someone right in the foothills.

There's plenty of soundbites:

"Trust the process."

"Figure it out."

... and I loved Neal's story of how he installed Wordpress on his blog then immediately put up an ad on Craigslist to help other people do the same.

Amusing story, and an example of how an entrepreneur gets paid to learn while others will immediately send themselves on a training course and pay to learn.

Hmm... learn more or earn more? I think I actually created a thread on that subject.

Anyway, if you're trying to get started, or you're stuck in your journey, then listen to Neal and work out why he's making progress and you're not.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mckenzie

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
151%
Aug 25, 2013
how an entrepreneur gets paid to learn while others will immediately send themselves on a training course and pay to learn.

THIS! Thanks Andy.

safff

Redlining
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Jun 11, 2015
Listened to this again after a shitty, shitty day in the office.

8am the next morning I quit and a month's notice period later am officially unemployed for the first time in 11 years. Here goes nothing :/ Thanks again both for the kick :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.