• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

2. Forum *Official* Book Discussion
    Can't Hurt Me by David Goggins

The forum has voted to discuss this book. Grab it, discussion begins soon!
    Can't Hurt Me, by Goggins

AndyTalks with @Contrarian about starting his side hustle in local lead gen

Discussion in 'Advertising, Marketing, Social Media' started by Andy Black, Apr 17, 2017.

1. CopyDane

CopyDane New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $14
    This may be a low-tech question, but: You mention in the podcast that you should have the "client" pay for the AdWords spendings. How to practically do that? Do you register a brand new AdWords account with their information etc.? Or can you use your own account in some way?

As it may tell from my question, I'm not really that experienced using AdWords. The few attempts on creating a local lead gen service were made using organic traffic - but I really like the idea of using AdWords instead.

Best regards, and great work!

Andy Black likes this.
  2. Andy Black

Andy Black Any colour, as long as it's red. Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $164,780
    The client can add their billing details into the Google Ads account and pay the bill directly to Google. You or the client may own the Google Ads account.

Alternatively, you can pay the Google Ads bill and charge it to the client - one way or another.

André G., CopyDane and Readerly like this.
  3. CopyDane

CopyDane New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $14
    Thanks a bunch! I like the former method the most I think, at least until the business and trust/partnership becomes stable.

I actually went straight ahead and bought a domain and started setting up a landing page last night. This was also inspired by your other thread, in which you talk about 2 columns landing pages, company name and bullet points etc. on the left side, phone number and contact form on the right side.

Both of the above raised two more questions in my head though, if you don't mind:

1) Regarding the who-pays-for-AdWords-thing; What about the very first leads/initial cold calling the "client"? I mean it would be nice to pick up the phone and actually be able to deliver a handful of ready leads to the client instead of having to convince him that they will come as soon as he starts paying. But that would mean that I'd have to pay for the AdWords myself in the beginning. And don't get me wrong - I wouldn't mind paying for that at all, I'm just wondering if I'm missing something here @ which came first, the chicken or the hen kinda thing.

2) A minor but important detail to me; In your other thread that I mentioned earlier, you talk about adding a headline with the company name. Given the fact that this site that I created is meant for generating leads not to my own company but to a client's, should I then be entering the client's actual company name or my own "ficticional" one? For now I just entered e.g. "Dublin Carpenter Service". But I'm thinking that potential leads will be confused when they see that, call the number in the right column and are greeted with a "Hello, this is Jack from Dublin Building Inc." what ever. How to go about this?

I know these are small details and I'm making sure they're not restraining me, but I got curious anyway. :)

Again, thanks so much for the great content of posts and podcasts!

Andy Black likes this.
  4. Andy Black

Andy Black Any colour, as long as it's red. Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $164,780
    For mobile we just do single column. Mobile is much easier to design. Make sure it runs fast. You can then start with mobile only Google Ads campaigns while you’re creating a desktop site. For one plumber client we’re only running mobile campaigns.

Mostly we get clients via inbound word-of-mouth referrals. I’d start by leveraging your network. Maybe there’s someone you already know who could do with some extra calls/work/leads/jobs/cases?

Don’t worry so much about the “business name” on the landing page. The most important copy is a relevant headline:

“Need a blacksmith in Dublin?”

“Looking for a carpet cleaner in Bristol?”

CopyDane likes this.
  5. Magicdave

Magicdave New Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $6
    Hi Andy,
    Awesome thread. I love the idea of local
    Lead Generation. After doing some research on keyword planner, CPC is off the charts for “city name plumber” etc. Do you address how to get lower CPC for whatever niche you are going after?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Andy Black

Rep Bank:
    $164,780
    Run ads and find out what CPC you’d pay (for a given bid price).

Go long tail and granular and see if you can find lower CPC search terms.

Be super relevant with your ad so you get a good CTR and rewarded with a higher QS and lower CPC.

CopyDane likes this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.