The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

2018 Fastlane Summit - Confirmed Speaker List

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
:star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star:
SPEAKER AND TOPIC #13

@TheTruth -- we speak his divine truth!
How to build an e-commerce business from $0 to 6 figures (profitably) within 5 months. He will cover when to follow the herd vs. when to differentiate, how to pinpoint and optimize/systematize the most important part of your business (regardless of the business), what marketing strategy to utilize depending on the business you have and a complete breakdown from start to finish on how to run an online business in today's world using his experience at two startups he is involved with as well as his own business. Boris is personally accountable for over $650,000/month in revenue being generated across the three companies (and scaling).

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
At any rate, I'd still like to attend as a spectator. Not sure if this "INSIDERS" thing for tickets is just a subscription

It would be great to have you Matt!

As for tickets, they will go on sale next week. There is no set time or date of release. Interested guests should make a point of visiting the forum for updates.

The first offering will be made to INSIDERS (subscription required) and from there, it will move outside to the public forum. We will be offering around 80-100 tickets. In the past, tickets would sell out in a matter or hours. I'm hoping this way is more orderly and tickets will be available for a day or two.

C-Jay

Audeamus
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Aug 7, 2017
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
It would be great to have you Matt!

As for tickets, they will go on sale next week.

Hey MJ,

When you say next week, do you mean sometime after next weekend (after the 12th)? I only ask because I'm out of town all this week and out of necessity will be checking in here much less frequently.

Thanks!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
do you mean sometime after next weekend (after the 12th)?

Great question. I view "next week" as starting tomorrow, Monday.

JAJT

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
549%
Aug 7, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Understand that most of the gut checks for me in route to building and subsequently selling my business came from people that I met in person at the Forum.

My first forum meetup in Scottsdale a few years back literally changed my life.

Like a fork in the road where everything I knew was pulling me to "normal town" but I took a chance on the other path and it totally paid off. Never did anything like that before but I got on a plane, flew to a place I had never been to meet up with folks I'd never met, not knowing what the hell to expect and it all paid off in spades.

Sure I'm not as successful as some of the folks on here but the connections, friendships, mindset changes, education and experience was nothing short of astounding. I'd even attribute my stubbornness in not giving up to the folks I met there. I've run a few businesses that just didn't do what I had hoped they would do but the possibility of success isn't a theory to me anymore. It's not random internet marketers telling me it could happen if I buy their course. It's not news stories or self help books. It's folks I've shook hands with, broken bread with, and connected with who I've seen change the courses of their lives in a very real way. Whenever I fail I know the possibility of success is still there. It's real. Tangible.

That all being said - I'm looking forward to re-connecting with some new and old faces this year as I'll certainly be going :)

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
My first forum meetup in Scottsdale a few years back literally changed my life.

It's hard to describe. Not withstanding the talks, the energy is fantastic. No matter where people are in their life, you just get the feeling that you're with people who are grabbing life by the balls and not accepting mediocrity as a life plan.

Glad to hear it made a huge impact for you.

sam9530130

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Dec 29, 2016
Canada
I'm just starting to see some results in my business and I don't have a lot of experience but god damn I hope I can get a ticket and meet all of you, learn, help by sharing some of my struggles and connect with like-minded people.

farmer79

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
322%
Nov 24, 2013
Saskatchewan, Canada
There are so many nuggets from this eventful . You must get here. We run a lot of farm machinery and one of the issues we always have is arguing with dealership on what is covered by warranty. In Red's presentation last year she made the following quote, "never take a "no" from someone who can't give you a "yes"." Now no disrespect to @Red but this was hardly the most profound thing that was said over the weekend, but I can confidently say that I have gotten a minimum of 10,000 dollars of warranty work in the last 2 years since I heard the quote because I changed who I talked to at the dealership. The value at this event is off the charts.

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
It's the people.
Being able to email or PM someone and say I need to talk and have them call me...
PRICELESS!

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
I think it's time I get my a$$ back to B&P... finally found my login, but I have this sneaky suspicion Rescue Time is going kill my chances of getting a ticket! Not sure if I have anything of value to present on currently, it's a bit too early in my current project to present any kind of case study. Are there any particular web related needs from the audience that aren't being addressed?

At any rate, I'd still like to attend as a spectator. Not sure if this "INSIDERS" thing for tickets is just a subscription, or like the old Speedway days driven by point/karma/itrader, etc... Either way I'd love to buy a ticket, happy to pay today if they're on sale in another thread already.

Prob should update my email before I end up like Steve.... BTW Kung Fu, I think I owe you a beer (if you're drinking these days of course), and you owe me some dance lessons pal! :hilarious:

Ho-lee-shit.

Where the hell have YOU been!?

You'd better make it out! We'll have to catch up on the last... decade!?

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
In 2014 - I had a ticket, and then sold it last minute, like a chump, and went to a music education convention in my state instead.

In 2015 - I had just had a kid.

In 2016 - Not sure why I didn't go. Couldn't have been a good reason.

In 2017 - There was no meetup.

In 2018 - I'm F*cking there. See you guys soon.

giphy.gif

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
SPEAKER AND TOPIC #14

Always a highlight at the Summit...

@Arrabista -- ARRABISTA'S CROSS CULTURAL COMMUNICATION BOOTCAMP!

Some questions to start the ball rolling and get you thinking ....

How effective are you at communicating?
How well do you know your own communication style ?
Why is this important when you travel and meet differing cultures?
What are the pitfalls in cross cultural communication?
How does your message need to be tailored for a Chinese client ?
A Middle Eastern client ?
An Indian client? etc
What is the concept of " Losing Face" ?
What is face? Is it important ?
Personal space, body language and your vocal tonality in influencing clients from differing cultural backgrounds ....?
what is a high context culture?
what is low context culture ?
Negotiating
Tactics in differing cultures?
Dealing with conflict and emotions with differing cultures?

Rearden

Inventor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
257%
Aug 24, 2017
Michigan
I am very excited! This will be amazing to be surrounded by this many great individuals!

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
F@ck yes... wouldn't be a summit without a proper warming up by our ol' pal @Arrabista !

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
the tickets going live to non INSIDERS will be posted here?

No not in this thread, I will post a NEW thread announcing it in the public forum. I will, however, update this thread and link to the new thread. So watching this thread with immediate notification helps!

TreyAllDay

Whatever it takes
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Feb 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB

Red

Nigerian Lottery Prince
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Feb 23, 2010
Phoenix
2.) The advanced psychology.

This!

I can't wait to see you all again... I swear... this is one of the highlights of my year, EVERY year, and not having this meetup last year left a void in my life.

I've said it before, but from my first meetup in 2010, never have I clicked so quickly & thoroughly with a group of people in my life. You guys are my tribe, can't wait for the reunion. ;)

NickC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jan 20, 2017
Chicago
Wow. Looks awesome. Hopefully I can snag a ticket

Chitown

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Apr 14, 2009
Culver City
SPEAKER AND TOPIC #2

Happy to announce our forum firecracker (TRUE STORY!) @Chitown (Tony) is our second confirmed speaker...

@Chitown - Showing Up and Being Ready for Opportunity - Using examples from Tony's acting career as a guide, he will demonstrate some of the essential skills/mindsets and how they helped him come to work with some of the leading lights in Hollywood - Norman Lear, Steven Bochco, Diane English, Les Moonves, Daniel Petrie, Jr, Walter Hill, etc. He we also about some of his consummate failures; situations where he did not deserve to be hired because he was not prepared for the opportunity!
@MJ,

Thank you, sir!@ Already working on the presentation. I want to add some serious value. Thanks for the opportunity and I look forward to seeing everyone.:smile2:

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
SPEAKER AND TOPIC #14

Always a highlight at the Summit...

@Arrabista -- ARRABISTA'S CROSS CULTURAL COMMUNICATION BOOTCAMP!

Some questions to start the ball rolling and get you thinking ....

How effective are you at communicating?
How well do you know your own communication style ?
Why is this important when you travel and meet differing cultures?
What are the pitfalls in cross cultural communication?
How does your message need to be tailored for a Chinese client ?
A Middle Eastern client ?
An Indian client? etc
What is the concept of " Losing Face" ?
What is face? Is it important ?
Personal space, body language and your vocal tonality in influencing clients from differing cultural backgrounds ....?
what is a high context culture?
what is low context culture ?
Negotiating
Tactics in differing cultures?
Dealing with conflict and emotions with differing cultures?

This session alone will produce a 10 time return on investment of whatever it cost you to attend the summit. I've heard speakers all over the country, and was even paid by Walmart to go through Dale Carnegie training but I can tell you that the impact that his simple speeches make on this group of people is life-changing. You don't want to miss this. I don't want to miss this and it might be the reason that I fly across the country to attend the summit. I am thrilled to see you are coming back again my friend.

I would travel for two days and spend a few thousand dollars just for the opportunity to hear you speak for a half hour.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
SPEAKER AND TOPIC #15

@Get Right (Allen) -- A Million Dollar Business Built Out of the Dirt

Allen
will be sharing the EXACT steps it took to design his spec home building business. We will look at how he found the market, validated the need and brought the product to market. He will be outlining the real world application of the CENTS system. No interest in real estate development? No problem, Allen will show participants how they can repeat this business or design ANY BUSINESS using these fundamentals. Background - Allen is a licensed Architect, Interior Designer and soon to be Residential Contractor. He's designed and worked on close to 1B worth of construction projects over 19 years.

Last edited:

IlyaP

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
504%
Aug 25, 2016
To anyone 21 and under:
The hotel policies state: Must be 21 years or older to rent guestrooms, to access the gaming floor, concerts and bars. (Basically you good unless people decide to go to the bar to talk after the conf, and at that point you may hypothetically use a fake)

However, there's a couple AirBNBs nearby that aren't too expensive which is what I'm planning on doing if I snag a ticket. (I'd be willing to split a room with someone 21+ in the hotel, or 18+ in an AirBnB also.)

If you really want this, it won't matter if you're under 21 or not. You'll find a way to make it work.

C-Jay

Audeamus
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Aug 7, 2017
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
To anyone 21 and under:
at that point you may hypothetically use a fake)

Unless the resort does the wristband system (i.e. book a room and get your adult bracelet which serves as your ID for the bars, etc).

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
SPEAKER AND TOPIC #16

Open Panel Discussion With Group, Speakers + Attendees -- At the end of the two day session, all attendees will have an opportunity to ask any of the speakers (AND attendees) questions about ANYTHING; Amazon, eCommerce, motivation, real estate, nothing is off limits.

Additionally, other attendees will have the opportunity to field any questions if they're open to it. Just because you did NOT get a speaking opportunity, doesn't mean you can't add your two-cents! This group is likely to have a TON of successful people, not just speaking, but in the audience.

However, there's a couple AirBNBs nearby that aren't too expensive

For those operating in a limited budget that's a good option. For those who are not, PLEASE book with the hotel as my company is on the hook for room allocations. If no one books rooms, I have to pay for all of them.

If you buy a ticket after the annoucement, the room reservation details will be on the attachment with the order. I would suggest doing that quickly as with the last event, the room blocks went pretty quick.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
SPEAKER AND TOPIC #16

Open Panel Discussion With Group, Speakers + Attendees -- At the end of the two day session, all attendees will have an opportunity to ask any of the speakers (AND attendees) questions about ANYTHING; Amazon, eCommerce, motivation, real estate, nothing is off limits.

Additionally, other attendees will have the opportunity to field any questions if they're open to it. Just because you did NOT get a speaking opportunity, doesn't mean you can't add your two-cents! This group is likely to have a TON of successful people, not just speaking, but in the audience.

For those operating in a limited budget that's a good option. For those who are not, PLEASE book with the hotel as my company is on the hook for room allocations. If no one books rooms, I have to pay for all of them.

If you buy a ticket after the annoucement, the room reservation details will be on the attachment with the order. I would suggest doing that quickly as with the last event, the room blocks went pretty quick.

I've been procrastinating on booking a hotel because I'll probably still be living there however I may just book one to pitch in.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.