The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

2016, Fastlane Summit (Preliminary)

If you are planning to attend (mid/late Feb), will you stay at the hotel?

• Yes (Rooms are 239/night, upmarket location)

Votes: 19 44.2%
  • No (Rooms too expensive)

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • No (I will book elsewhere to get a cheaper rate and then uBer it)

Votes: 17 39.5%
  • No (I live in the area)

Votes: 2 4.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Just want to plant the seed! Its already time to start thinking about the 2016 Fastlane Summit in Scottsdale Arizona. The Summit is 2-3 days and features 10-15 speakers from the forum, topics of all disciplines.

Tentative dates are late February to early March, 2016.

Also, those who would like to present to the group, start thinking about a TOPIC!

Space is extremely limited. The event sold out last year in a few hours. This year we expect a quicker sell out, assuming this time I don't botch the ticket release (like last year).

Watch the thread for information, dates, locations, costs, etc. as it is released.

See ya soon!
~ MJ

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA
I'll be there purely to dispense original witty jokes for hours like usual....

Eskil

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Jul 18, 2012
Scottsdale, AZ
I'm already excited! Would love to present again too :)

fluffhead

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 3, 2015
Would absolutely love to be there, but won't have the available funds to participate. With that said, any chance of a webcast of sorts? I'm sure the presentations will be worthwhile to at least listen to!

throttleforward

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Oct 30, 2009
Washington DC
Highly recommend everyone who's interested click "watch thread" and sign up for email notifications so you don't miss out on ticket release dates, etc.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

LightHouse

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Aug 13, 2007
Northern VA

Jon L

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
272%
Aug 22, 2015
Bellevue, WA
If it sells out in just a few hours, can you get a bigger place?

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
What's gonna be the estimated price?...

Undetermined, based upon location, how many meals provided, dates, days, etc. Last year I think it was $300.

If it sells out in just a few hours, can you get a bigger place?

No, although I think we will be going slightly bigger this time around.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Would absolutely love to be there, but won't have the available funds to participate. With that said, any chance of a webcast of sorts? I'm sure the presentations will be worthwhile to at least listen to!

You've decided now that you won't have the funds next March? WTF. If you want to be there, you'd be there.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
MJ... Consider a round table AMA with a facilitator. A two hour, anything goes panel discussion moderated but with microphones in the audience for questions and answers. Billy, Bobby (sigh), Chickenhawk and others. Biophase. Allen. Maybe ICK. I'd moderate. You can pick the panelists.

fluffhead

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
96%
Aug 3, 2015
You've decided now that you won't have the funds next March? WTF. If you want to be there, you'd be there.
Absolutely not, but considering it sells out in a few minutes as MJ said, I doubt I will have the fund available when tickets go live as I'm pouring the vast majority of my money into my Amazon business and soon to be my luxury goods play. Trust me, I would LOVE to go -- That's why i'm so adamant about getting a meetup going so I can just surround myself with some of you guys!

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Absolutely not, but considering it sells out in a few minutes as MJ said, I doubt I will have the fund available when tickets go live as I'm pouring the vast majority of my money into my Amazon business and soon to be my luxury goods play. Trust me, I would LOVE to go -- That's why i'm so adamant about getting a meetup going so I can just surround myself with some of you guys!

When do tickets go on sale?

Esquire

Divorce Shark
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Oct 13, 2012
Connecticut
Having spoke (last year) about family law ... I would propose speaking about debtor-creditor law in 2016.

How to collect (if you are the creditor) ... and how to avoid collections / shelter domestic assets (if you are the debtor).

Good stuff to know.

The only hitch being ... I might have conflicting commitments that time next year (late Feb./early March) ... so as far as I go ... it may well be a moot point.

Guess I'll just have to wait and see what the dates look like.

One recommendation:

When picking a date ... please juxtapose the proposed date against baseball's spring training. Last year, the conference was held at the same time as spring training ... and hotel prices went through the roof

$400+ a night was the norm.

Which was way higher than what these same hotels were pricing out at before and after (and there were very few rooms available at the group rate).

Even on a lawyer's budget ... ouch!

Anyway ... something to consider.

JasonR

Maverick
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
544%
May 29, 2012
Las Vegas
I may not be able to make it this year, but if I'm the US I will be there.

I am open to presenting if the demand warrants it.

I can present on something like: How to start a profitable business, quit your job, and travel the world in 3 months. I didn't have a job, of course, but everything else still applies.

I can also present on display traffic (facebook, etc.) if people would get more value out of that.

And can present on building your Amazon sales channel for fun and profit

I'm also happy just attending and bailing out Chris, AGAIN.

Last edited:

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
MJ... Consider a round table AMA with a facilitator. A two hour, anything goes panel discussion moderated but with microphones in the audience for questions and answers. Billy, Bobby (sigh), Chickenhawk and others. Biophase. Allen. Maybe ICK. I'd moderate. You can pick the panelists.

Let the the shittalking games begin.....

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
I may not be able to make it this year, but if I'm the US I will be there.

Wrong. Try again. No bullshit pansy a$$ excuses about living across the world. I told you how to save on your taxes as an expat. Use some of that cash for a plane ticket.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
Last edited by a moderator:

BlakeRVA

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
326%
Aug 24, 2015

I used to have a very similar mindset. I was always looking for people to provide value to me, but never wanted to pay for it. I only wanted to spend money on consumable goods. Heck, just this week I was grumbling about paying $5 to go to an entrepreneurs meetup in my city. That's right $5! Unsurprisingly, between some of the people I met, the knowledge I gained, and the free drinks provided it was more than worth the mere $5 sticker price. I understand you have a business you are trying to fund, but have you considered that some of the information and connections you make at this conference could cause your business to grow 10x bigger and faster than if you didn't go? You could be standing in a room with people who have their business where you are trying to take yours. Do you think they are there because they want to talk about the weather and fantasy football or to be a resource for those who are trying to get where they are at and to meet like minded people? You know the answer. Is that really an opportunity you want to pass up? I only started reading this forum a few months ago, and I'll admit I'm very much still a newbie compared to most the veteran posters. I can tell you this much though, I am not going to miss out on going to this conference. Too much value to pass up on. Do I have the money for a $300 conference, a plane ticket from Virginia, and a hotel room for 2-3 days? Heck no. But I'm going to find a way to come up with that money. The biggest thing I've learned from this forum is provide VALUE and the money will follow. This conference will undoubtedly provide the value that is well worth the incurred cost. Don't be dumb. Invest in your future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!