The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

20 year old male with big dream

BigBrianC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Dec 31, 2014
Athens, Georgia
Look man, I want you to succeed. I do. I want everyone to succeed.

But this is where we're at. You said you got fired from jobs because you didn't want to deal with an angry customer as a cashier, you didn't want to wear what you deemed to be womanly attire, you quit school because you said it was too boring, you weren't hired for a permanent position somewhere but you didn't know why. You have no income, you live at home. You're not planning to do anything actionable until January 1, for whatever reason. Yet you still tell people you're a boss and act that you act like one. "The CEO who has no sales is not a CEO, he is unemployed". Same applies for "boss".

At some point, you have to think about your attitude and your mindset and wonder if it's not everyone else aspiring against you.

If you want specific advice, you have to say what your niche is. What your business is. Then people can provide specific advice.

If you just say you have a niche and want some advice, you have to expect general advice about it. How can you solve problems in that niche? How can you provide value in that niche? Do that and you'll make money.

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
784%
May 5, 2014
Damn you sure know how to start off on the wrong foot everywhere huh?

Can't hold a job, can't sell a product, can't even keep a thread up on The Fastlane Forum.

I'll only speak the truth so you don't hit me with the "stopped reading here because..." line.

This forum is about creating and sharing value with people, thats the mindset. Create value, fill a need, and by abiding by the other principals MJ teaches in his book you will give yourself the chance to be successful in starting your own business/venture.

That's it, that's pretty much all you need to know with the broad overview you've given in your intro that talks about nothing other than yourself.

The way you reference yourself, those that "cause your problems" and the people in this thread goes to show just how far away you are from achieving success. It begins with your mindset and attitude both of which you've shown to be quite poor within this thread.

You've been provided advice by some successful entreprenuers from this forum and completely dismissed it as if it's not good enough.

The question is why should anyone give a shit about you?
You don't bring anything to the table, you ask for advice from only "rich people" who instantly dismiss you because of how naive and stupid your questions are. And your beliefs about success are so flawed it shows you've created it through what the media has fed you.

And now you've ruined your name and reputation on the forum, just with 1 thread. Because you see, the internet will be around for a long time and people don't forget the ignorance, obnoxiousness, and downright disrespect that comes out of nowhere when they go out of their way to help someone new.

You have issues internally, with your mindset that you need to fix before you ever get close to being successful. And yeah you can attack me with whatever bullshit you want for saying that but my life is F*ckin awesome and you still have to live with yours.

And that's my advice for you. Work on your mindset and your attitude and actually question why you can't seem to keep anything consistent. Then I would suck it up and apologize to this forum because it will teach you the principles of success if you let it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
You clearly havent read my whole intro. Just stop posting here you are only giving off a negative vibe. Seriously "you keep losing jobs because youre a dick" wtf. This is suppost to be a welcoming site why are you starting off so negative. I was looking for feedback on my niche and stuff not basic info anyone can use. I already have my nich which will provide value again you cleary havent read my intro F*ck off.

@ImUrBoss Totally agree with you. You're a boss. The customer was rude. No one ever built a successful business by learning to deal with customers. And seriously, they wanted you to wear halloween ladypants? F*ck that!

Keep acting like a boss. You know who you are. Everyone else is an a**hole.

Seriously, why didn't @BigBrianC give you actionable advice specific to your niche. Granted, nowhere in that rambling, narcissistic stream of consciousness was the niche ever mentioned, but that's for him to figure out and spell out for you, right?

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
I looked elsewhere on this site and it has good information. Don't want new comers to see how toxic the community can be and scare them away. Thanks for following my request and moving this elsewhere.
You're going to have to develop a much tougher skin. I hesitated in moving to the landfill because there was actually some very good advice, especially from @Andy Black.

@ImUrBoss, unfortunately, because of your insistence of only listening to people that are filthy rich, own lambos and big houses you're not going to hear from those that contribute to this forum that own very successful businesses. People that could actually help you. You see, most (all?) of the legit wealthy here do not own huge homes or exotic cars.

Read this thread. I wrote it for young men such as yourself:
https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/who-do-they-think-they-are.68933/

BigBrianC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Dec 31, 2014
Athens, Georgia
That is specific life advice.

Do something. Provide value. Solve a problem. You're not a special snowflake -- this works for *everyone*.

You have programming skills. Find a need. Create a software. Solve the problem. Sell it.

ChasingPaper

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 7, 2014
If you can't handle Brian's criticism (and you can't, I read your replies...)...how do you expect to run a successful business.

Also, keeping a job is generally a lot easier than running a successful business, let alone one that will make you a million dollars in 2 years.

I wouldn't want you to work with me either. A shame, because I'm in the software side of things like you are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Ok so I found a niche that has the potential to bring a lot of happiness and wealth to me. There are 3 others in this niche who made it big and I want to do the same. Aside from the top 3 there are thousands of average owners in this niche who don't have the time, money, work ethic of programming skills to compete with the top 3. This is where I come in being that I can remake the top 3 in this niche and make something even better. I truly have fun waking up and staying up late sometimes until I crash asleep working on my niche. I would LOVE to be able to wake up and make a new feature for my niche for the rest of my life.

Back story, I start college at 18 and shit went sour. Went back at 19 again and same thing. Tried to go for programming but the course was so boring. I couldnt relate to anything that I learned by myself online prior and I didnt see the knowledge from the course benefiting me in anyway to do what I wanted to do. Nor did I like that it wasnt hands on and more of read from the book. SO for the past year or more I have been enhancing my skills at programming all while working on my niche.

Early on at one point I stoped working on my niche and took up a job (living with parents wanted to contribute with bills). Went from job to job after getting fired for refusing to server a customer(I was a cashier and the customer was rude to me) then not hired for a permanent position(idk why i did a great job) then "replaced" for and unknown reason at another job then fired for "sexist comments" at a halloween job because the clothing we had to wear were apprains which I said was for women and not men to wear.

I don't like working for someone else because I feel it is insulting to myself. I know I will become a boss one day so I carry myself in the manner that I am already a boss. I know that I should be getting money more than 3 ways so I know I might have to humble myself at another job if things come to it.

I don't know if its the law of attraction at work but I have a feeling I keep losing jobs so I can pursure my niche goal. The more time I work at a job the less time and less motivation I have to work on my niche. I am not actively looking for another job right now. My living situation is payed for aswell as food so thats not an issue. I have just been working on my niche and I've been making so much progress now that I have all the time in the day mostly to work on my niche. Currently I don't have an income however I do have money saved(I don't like spending money). I'm hoping to fully release my niche January 1st and let the good times roll. I figure by January 1st my niche will have features the current top 3 lack as well as the features the top 3 have but all other average joes in the niche lack. I feel I have what it takes to do make it big, this is something I believe in, something I love really about the same if more than myself. I don't really have anything else to live for college gpa is already F*cked and if I pay tuition to go again I'll be flat our broke on loans. And as I said before I have the skills in programming to do this so taking a course for computer science in college isnt needed for me to do my niche.

I am just 20 and I want to make a million or atleast $100,000 by 2018. Be it from my niche or other avenues I find myself interested in. I plan to make money from my current niche and invest that money into my other great ideas. Going at them one at a time finishing what I start which will always be something I believe in.

If any of you are filthy rich, drive lambos have big house(things i want one day) where did you start and what if any advice/feedback could you give me? Anything is much appreciated just please don't post in this thread if you havent made it big already.

Thanks
I haven't "made it big already", but I'll reply anyway.

Count how many times you mention "I" in your post. That hints at where your attention is.

The market doesn't care about you and what you want.

Everyone is dialled into that popular radio station WiiFM - What's In It For Me?

Consumers think of themselves. Producers think of what consumers want - so they can sell it to them and make some coin.

You've stumbled on an absolute gold-mine of a forum that can help you achieve incredible success - if you understand some fundamental principles all members here believe.

The over-riding principle is that you need to give to receive.

My suggestion is that you read (or listen to) the book "The Millionaire Fastlane " that this forum is founded on.

At the very least, read the first bolded link in my signature.

Think about this statement: "Money is proof you helped your fellow man." (MJ DeMarco)

Now ask yourself this question: "Who will I help this week?"

BigBrianC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Dec 31, 2014
Athens, Georgia
That doesn't make any sense, you want specific advice on your niche but won't say what it is. What kind of advice are you looking for, then? Providing value works for any niche.

There's no *secret* to becoming rich.

ChasingPaper

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 7, 2014
read my thread it clearly states "If any of you are filthy rich, drive lambos have big house(things i want one day) where did you start and what if any advice/feedback could you give me? Anything is much appreciated just please don't post in this thread if you havent made it big already."

You're never going to get help from someone successful. I'm not one to be like this, but you are an a**hole. A complete a**hole.

No one owes you a damn thing, and as soon as you learn that, then MAYBE you will start heading towards the right direction. We're around the same age, I'm 21...the difference is you want it all handed to you. If you can't even keep a job you can't run a business.

I hope you find you're path, I suggest you ACTUALLY read the book. Also, work on your mindset. Good luck with your journey, I truely wish you success, but you have a LOT to work on...and you shouldn't start with a business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
@ImUrBoss You remind me of my cousin. He is a mediocre salesman at a telecom who plays a ton of Halo and talks shit to people that are actually in military. He's also a know-it-all that thinks everyone else is a loser despite his own utter lack of accomplishment.

Life is miserable when you can't appreciate what everyone else has to offer. We all have a little of that in us. Don't be the guy that lets it dominate his entire outlook on life.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Last edited by a moderator:

Brian C.

Rolling Thunder
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
339%
Apr 13, 2016
Massachusetts, USA
@UnrealCreative My niche allows me to be totally anonymous it is a product and service that doesnt cost me a penny or any of my time to offer. An automated niche it is that gives value and is made in the way people can try it out before they pay anything.

So, you have a product and service that doesn't cost you a penny or ANY of your time?

CAN YOU PLEASE SHARE WITH ALL OF US?!!!!!!!!!!

Nobody is going to share the secrets to success given the attitude you've exuded so far.

Hell, I bet you're a great guy. But, the persona you've presented here has been less than stellar.

Before you condemn the entire forum, search through some threads. I bet you'll find information pertinent to your ambitions. Maybe you'll even find your desired "made it" mentor, and will have access to communicate with them.

P.S. Oh, and you're not my boss.

Last edited:

EvanOkanagan

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
377%
Aug 2, 2013
@ImUrBoss

Why do you so badly want to be a "boss"?

Is it to control people, and make them fear you? Is it because you oftentimes don't like what others say, so don't want them to be able to speak up--that everything you say goes?

I think you'd make a great boss. You'll likely have to start by flipping the burgers first though. Just suck it up as it'll be temporary.. then you'll work your way up the ladder, learn the way the business is run, and eventually become the head manager of the local Carls Jr. Then no one can make fun of you and will always be nice and positive (to your face at least). You'll be the BOSS!

Not a successful entrepreneur though. No, that takes a different set of skills...

In order to be an entrepreneur like the ones you admire driving the lambos with the big houses, you'll have to adapt. You'll have to take criticism regularly and learn something from it. You'll have to learn how to make friends and provide value to the masses.

But you dont want that-- you want to be the man! The one who can say "I'm your boss!" I think you'll be great at it, and wish the best of luck.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
How the heck did I miss this disaster?! I have nothing to contribute, this kid does it all himself. But I needed this to cheer me up. Hope he ends up in TMF 2.0!

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
Since you already have a niche, what are you here to learn?

How to scale?

How to communicate?

How to sort information?

But you currently seem to have a hard time taking some rough criticism. If you can't take some hashing on here, i can't imagine what would happen if you had to deal with an ignorant disgruntled consumer.

G

GuestUser4aMPs1

Before this thread becomes potentially [HASHTAG]#Landfill[/HASHTAG] 'ed

@ImUrBoss I have been a situation similar to yours. Last month I took off work and burned through savings to "make it happen."

I was stopped cold. And I have been studying this material for 3 years (with inconsistent results - mainly due to indecisiveness).

3 years.

Other than indecisiveness, another HUGE issue was isolationism.
Carrying oneself too high, as to be repulsed by all those around you.
The last thing you want to do is to raise hell and back yourself into a corner, without a foundation.

Once I did - The impression on others because of this event carries with them to this day.
I was a "lone wolf."
But in less civilized times, that would get you killed.

Do you know what it feels like to come close to death?

Build your foundation and return when you are ready.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.