The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

20 year old male with big dream

ImUrBoss

New Contributor
Oct 30, 2016
Ok so I found a niche that has the potential to bring a lot of happiness and wealth to me. There are 3 others in this niche who made it big and I want to do the same. Aside from the top 3 there are thousands of average owners in this niche who don't have the time, money, work ethic of programming skills to compete with the top 3. This is where I come in being that I can remake the top 3 in this niche and make something even better. I truly have fun waking up and staying up late sometimes until I crash asleep working on my niche. I would LOVE to be able to wake up and make a new feature for my niche for the rest of my life.

Back story, I start college at 18 and shit went sour. Went back at 19 again and same thing. Tried to go for programming but the course was so boring. I couldnt relate to anything that I learned by myself online prior and I didnt see the knowledge from the course benefiting me in anyway to do what I wanted to do. Nor did I like that it wasnt hands on and more of read from the book. SO for the past year or more I have been enhancing my skills at programming all while working on my niche.

Early on at one point I stoped working on my niche and took up a job (living with parents wanted to contribute with bills). Went from job to job after getting fired for refusing to server a customer(I was a cashier and the customer was rude to me) then not hired for a permanent position(idk why i did a great job) then "replaced" for and unknown reason at another job then fired for "sexist comments" at a halloween job because the clothing we had to wear were apprains which I said was for women and not men to wear.

I don't like working for someone else because I feel it is insulting to myself. I know I will become a boss one day so I carry myself in the manner that I am already a boss. I know that I should be getting money more than 3 ways so I know I might have to humble myself at another job if things come to it.

I don't know if its the law of attraction at work but I have a feeling I keep losing jobs so I can pursure my niche goal. The more time I work at a job the less time and less motivation I have to work on my niche. I am not actively looking for another job right now. My living situation is payed for aswell as food so thats not an issue. I have just been working on my niche and I've been making so much progress now that I have all the time in the day mostly to work on my niche. Currently I don't have an income however I do have money saved(I don't like spending money). I'm hoping to fully release my niche January 1st and let the good times roll. I figure by January 1st my niche will have features the current top 3 lack as well as the features the top 3 have but all other average joes in the niche lack. I feel I have what it takes to do make it big, this is something I believe in, something I love really about the same if more than myself. I don't really have anything else to live for college gpa is already F*cked and if I pay tuition to go again I'll be flat our broke on loans. And as I said before I have the skills in programming to do this so taking a course for computer science in college isnt needed for me to do my niche.

I am just 20 and I want to make a million or atleast $100,000 by 2018. Be it from my niche or other avenues I find myself interested in. I plan to make money from my current niche and invest that money into my other great ideas. Going at them one at a time finishing what I start which will always be something I believe in.

If any of you are filthy rich, drive lambos have big house(things i want one day) where did you start and what if any advice/feedback could you give me? Anything is much appreciated just please don't post in this thread if you havent made it big already.

Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
  • Banned

ImUrBoss

New Contributor
Oct 30, 2016
Sounds like you keep losing jobs cause you're a dick.

You should try to provide value, help people. People who chase money are destined to always do so. People who try to help others will become wealthy.
Not what I was looking for. I was hoping for people to relate to my life situation not give me the same generic info given to everyone else

BigBrianC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Dec 31, 2014
Athens, Georgia
That is specific life advice.

Do something. Provide value. Solve a problem. You're not a special snowflake -- this works for *everyone*.

You have programming skills. Find a need. Create a software. Solve the problem. Sell it.

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
Not what I was looking for. I was hoping for people to relate to my life situation not give me the same generic info given to everyone else

Here like everywhere else.. Prove your worth and show that you have value to give. Then people will turn around and help you out as well. Like the book says, success is a progress and it takes small efforts that eventually snowballs into something bigger and better than before

• Banned

ImUrBoss

New Contributor
Oct 30, 2016
That is specific life advice.

Do something. Provide value. Solve a problem. You're not a special snowflake -- this works for *everyone*.

You have programming skills. Find a need. Create a software. Solve the problem. Sell it.
You clearly havent read my whole intro. Just stop posting here you are only giving off a negative vibe. Seriously "you keep losing jobs because youre a dick" wtf. This is suppost to be a welcoming site why are you starting off so negative. I was looking for feedback on my niche and stuff not basic info anyone can use. I already have my nich which will provide value again you cleary havent read my intro F*ck off.

• Banned

ImUrBoss

New Contributor
Oct 30, 2016
How is someone supposed to give you advice on your niche when you didn't even include what it is?
Just stop posting here it shouldnt matter what my niche is. I asked for advice from people who worked there way up to something big. Not a negative thinking troll like you seriously "you lost jobs because you are a dick" "you are not a snowflake" how is that friendly advice, F*ck off!

BigBrianC

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
Dec 31, 2014
Athens, Georgia
That doesn't make any sense, you want specific advice on your niche but won't say what it is. What kind of advice are you looking for, then? Providing value works for any niche.

There's no *secret* to becoming rich.

ImUrBoss

New Contributor
Oct 30, 2016
That doesn't make any sense, you want specific advice on your niche but won't say what it is. What kind of advice are you looking for, then? Providing value works for any niche.

There's no *secret* to becoming rich.
Dude you must be broke STOP replying here! The people I want advice from will understand what you fail to. LEave this thread

ChasingPaper

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 7, 2014
If you can't handle Brian's criticism (and you can't, I read your replies...)...how do you expect to run a successful business.

Also, keeping a job is generally a lot easier than running a successful business, let alone one that will make you a million dollars in 2 years.

I wouldn't want you to work with me either. A shame, because I'm in the software side of things like you are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
Since you already have a niche, what are you here to learn?

How to scale?

How to communicate?

How to sort information?

But you currently seem to have a hard time taking some rough criticism. If you can't take some hashing on here, i can't imagine what would happen if you had to deal with an ignorant disgruntled consumer.

G

GuestUser4aMPs1

Before this thread becomes potentially [HASHTAG]#Landfill[/HASHTAG] 'ed

@ImUrBoss I have been a situation similar to yours. Last month I took off work and burned through savings to "make it happen."

I was stopped cold. And I have been studying this material for 3 years (with inconsistent results - mainly due to indecisiveness).

3 years.

Other than indecisiveness, another HUGE issue was isolationism.
Carrying oneself too high, as to be repulsed by all those around you.
The last thing you want to do is to raise hell and back yourself into a corner, without a foundation.

Once I did - The impression on others because of this event carries with them to this day.
I was a "lone wolf."
But in less civilized times, that would get you killed.

Do you know what it feels like to come close to death?

Build your foundation and return when you are ready.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
You clearly havent read my whole intro. Just stop posting here you are only giving off a negative vibe. Seriously "you keep losing jobs because youre a dick" wtf. This is suppost to be a welcoming site why are you starting off so negative. I was looking for feedback on my niche and stuff not basic info anyone can use. I already have my nich which will provide value again you cleary havent read my intro F*ck off.

@ImUrBoss Totally agree with you. You're a boss. The customer was rude. No one ever built a successful business by learning to deal with customers. And seriously, they wanted you to wear halloween ladypants? F*ck that!

Keep acting like a boss. You know who you are. Everyone else is an a**hole.

Seriously, why didn't @BigBrianC give you actionable advice specific to your niche. Granted, nowhere in that rambling, narcissistic stream of consciousness was the niche ever mentioned, but that's for him to figure out and spell out for you, right?

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Ok so I found a niche that has the potential to bring a lot of happiness and wealth to me. There are 3 others in this niche who made it big and I want to do the same. Aside from the top 3 there are thousands of average owners in this niche who don't have the time, money, work ethic of programming skills to compete with the top 3. This is where I come in being that I can remake the top 3 in this niche and make something even better. I truly have fun waking up and staying up late sometimes until I crash asleep working on my niche. I would LOVE to be able to wake up and make a new feature for my niche for the rest of my life.

Back story, I start college at 18 and shit went sour. Went back at 19 again and same thing. Tried to go for programming but the course was so boring. I couldnt relate to anything that I learned by myself online prior and I didnt see the knowledge from the course benefiting me in anyway to do what I wanted to do. Nor did I like that it wasnt hands on and more of read from the book. SO for the past year or more I have been enhancing my skills at programming all while working on my niche.

Early on at one point I stoped working on my niche and took up a job (living with parents wanted to contribute with bills). Went from job to job after getting fired for refusing to server a customer(I was a cashier and the customer was rude to me) then not hired for a permanent position(idk why i did a great job) then "replaced" for and unknown reason at another job then fired for "sexist comments" at a halloween job because the clothing we had to wear were apprains which I said was for women and not men to wear.

I don't like working for someone else because I feel it is insulting to myself. I know I will become a boss one day so I carry myself in the manner that I am already a boss. I know that I should be getting money more than 3 ways so I know I might have to humble myself at another job if things come to it.

I don't know if its the law of attraction at work but I have a feeling I keep losing jobs so I can pursure my niche goal. The more time I work at a job the less time and less motivation I have to work on my niche. I am not actively looking for another job right now. My living situation is payed for aswell as food so thats not an issue. I have just been working on my niche and I've been making so much progress now that I have all the time in the day mostly to work on my niche. Currently I don't have an income however I do have money saved(I don't like spending money). I'm hoping to fully release my niche January 1st and let the good times roll. I figure by January 1st my niche will have features the current top 3 lack as well as the features the top 3 have but all other average joes in the niche lack. I feel I have what it takes to do make it big, this is something I believe in, something I love really about the same if more than myself. I don't really have anything else to live for college gpa is already F*cked and if I pay tuition to go again I'll be flat our broke on loans. And as I said before I have the skills in programming to do this so taking a course for computer science in college isnt needed for me to do my niche.

I am just 20 and I want to make a million or atleast $100,000 by 2018. Be it from my niche or other avenues I find myself interested in. I plan to make money from my current niche and invest that money into my other great ideas. Going at them one at a time finishing what I start which will always be something I believe in.

If any of you are filthy rich, drive lambos have big house(things i want one day) where did you start and what if any advice/feedback could you give me? Anything is much appreciated just please don't post in this thread if you havent made it big already.

Thanks
I haven't "made it big already", but I'll reply anyway.

Count how many times you mention "I" in your post. That hints at where your attention is.

The market doesn't care about you and what you want.

Everyone is dialled into that popular radio station WiiFM - What's In It For Me?

Consumers think of themselves. Producers think of what consumers want - so they can sell it to them and make some coin.

You've stumbled on an absolute gold-mine of a forum that can help you achieve incredible success - if you understand some fundamental principles all members here believe.

The over-riding principle is that you need to give to receive.

My suggestion is that you read (or listen to) the book "The Millionaire Fastlane " that this forum is founded on.

At the very least, read the first bolded link in my signature.

Think about this statement: "Money is proof you helped your fellow man." (MJ DeMarco)

Now ask yourself this question: "Who will I help this week?"

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Hey, welcome to the FLMF! Tons of important info on this site, but the most important advice you'll find is in this thread by Andy Black.

https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/start.69412/#post-567852
Blimey. Thanks for the shoutout.

I just read the opening post in that thread. I can't remember saying it, but it seems to apply in this case:

There's only one thing you need to be in business, and that's a sale/customer.

You won't get one if you don't get out of your own way and go help people.

You won't help other people if you keep thinking about yourself.

OP, there's a very common theme to a lot of the threads in this forum.

ImUrBoss

New Contributor
Oct 30, 2016
@UnrealCreative
Thanks for actually reading my thread unlike the others.
//////////////
I don't only care about myself, i volunteer and donate in general im a very helping person. My niche allows me to be totally anonymous it is a product and service that doesnt cost me a penny or any of my time to offer. An automated niche it is that gives value and is made in the way people can try it out before they pay anything. At no point am i required to speak with any rude customers so my "anger issues" dont matter. Once again this thread isnt me asking how to be successful or what i need to do. I dont need those awnsers which most of you in this thread keep trying to give me like i dont already have a plan.

All i was asking for is some feedback from someone who was in my position and MADE IT BIG. Not from people who think they will make it big(I dont trust your advice).

Brian C.

Rolling Thunder
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
339%
Apr 13, 2016
Massachusetts, USA
@UnrealCreative My niche allows me to be totally anonymous it is a product and service that doesnt cost me a penny or any of my time to offer. An automated niche it is that gives value and is made in the way people can try it out before they pay anything.

So, you have a product and service that doesn't cost you a penny or ANY of your time?

CAN YOU PLEASE SHARE WITH ALL OF US?!!!!!!!!!!

Nobody is going to share the secrets to success given the attitude you've exuded so far.

Hell, I bet you're a great guy. But, the persona you've presented here has been less than stellar.

Before you condemn the entire forum, search through some threads. I bet you'll find information pertinent to your ambitions. Maybe you'll even find your desired "made it" mentor, and will have access to communicate with them.

P.S. Oh, and you're not my boss.

Last edited:

ImUrBoss

New Contributor
Oct 30, 2016
Been thinking and for the people who say there isnt a secret to success are wrong. All of you
So, you have a product and service that doesn't cost you a penny or ANY of your time?

CAN YOU PLEASE SHARE WITH ALL OF US?!!!!!!!!!!

Nobody is going to share the secrets to success with you with the attitude you've exuded so far.

Hell, I bet you're a great guy. But, the persona you've presented here has been less than stellar.
I have this "attitude because after joining this forum with high hopes that brian guy decides to start this off on a bad note "you lost your job because you were a dick" and posted useless info didnt even read my thread. I expect to be welcomed to the forum by friendly people not shuned by some troll because I have goals and a plan to achieve them. Or because I know I will be a boss one day and the trolls envy my ambition. And my niche took me a year+ to make and im talking 5+ hours everyday. Once its out I dont have to pay for it to be sold or manage anything. It did require a year+ of my life to be made though. And it will be open to people of all ages, races, countries.

I have respect for everyone, i dont look down on anyone. The people I cannot stand are those who try to talk bullshit with me or talk bullshit about others when they have no facts. F*ck them

UncleIroh

1079252849 kph
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Oct 20, 2016
Buenos Aires, Argentina
@UnrealCreative
Thanks for actually reading my thread unlike the others.
//////////////
I don't only care about myself, i volunteer and donate in general im a very helping person. My niche allows me to be totally anonymous it is a product and service that doesnt cost me a penny or any of my time to offer. An automated niche it is that gives value and is made in the way people can try it out before they pay anything. At no point am i required to speak with any rude customers so my "anger issues" dont matter. Once again this thread isnt me asking how to be successful or what i need to do. I dont need those awnsers which most of you in this thread keep trying to give me like i dont already have a plan.

All i was asking for is some feedback from someone who was in my position and MADE IT BIG. Not from people who think they will make it big(I dont trust your advice).
You never even mentioned your niche.

ImUrBoss

New Contributor
Oct 30, 2016
You never even mentioned your niche.
read my thread it clearly states "If any of you are filthy rich, drive lambos have big house(things i want one day) where did you start and what if any advice/feedback could you give me? Anything is much appreciated just please don't post in this thread if you havent made it big already."

Whatever with this thread. I'll just figure things out myself, this is suppost to be a positive friendly forum where people support eachother. Not where they mock people about why they lost their job while failing to read the original thread and posting irrelevant info. Really thought i'd meet some like minded individuals on here pfft.

ChasingPaper

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 7, 2014
read my thread it clearly states "If any of you are filthy rich, drive lambos have big house(things i want one day) where did you start and what if any advice/feedback could you give me? Anything is much appreciated just please don't post in this thread if you havent made it big already."

You're never going to get help from someone successful. I'm not one to be like this, but you are an a**hole. A complete a**hole.

No one owes you a damn thing, and as soon as you learn that, then MAYBE you will start heading towards the right direction. We're around the same age, I'm 21...the difference is you want it all handed to you. If you can't even keep a job you can't run a business.

I hope you find you're path, I suggest you ACTUALLY read the book. Also, work on your mindset. Good luck with your journey, I truely wish you success, but you have a LOT to work on...and you shouldn't start with a business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.